EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Egyptian Mysteries System (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Egyptian Mysteries System
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
"The Egyptians believed that matter had always existed; to them it was illogical to think of a god making something out of absolutely nothing. Their view was that the world began when order came out of chaos, and that ever since there has been a battle between the forces of organization and disorder…This chaotic state was called Nun, and like the Sumerian …descriptions …, all was a dark, sunless watery abyss with a power, a creative force within it that commanded order to begin. This latent power which was within the substance of the chaos did not know it existed; it was a probability, a potential that was intertwined within the randomness of disorder."

There is a striking similarity between the myths of Ancient Egypt and modern materialist thinking. A hidden reason for this interesting fact is that, there is a modern organization that has adopted these Ancient Egyptian beliefs, and aims to establish them throughout the world. This organization is Masonry.
The Ancient Egyptian materialist philosophy continued to exist after this civilization disappeared. It was adopted by certain Jews and kept alive within Kabbalist doctrine. On the other hand, a number of Greek thinkers adopted the same philosophy, and reinterpreted it and perpetuated it as the school of thought known as "Hermeticism."

The word Hermeticism comes from the name of Hermes, the Greek counterpart for the Ancient Egyptian god "Thoth." In other words, Hermeticism is the Ancient Greek version of Ancient Egyptian philosophy

So even if it came from the Greeks, the Greek got it from the AE! Hence the AE "origins"---As in the "orginal" believers.

Solid!

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phacshuoal
Member # 4336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phacshuoal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cassia,

I am in no way "claiming that the masons are
older than the 11th century, of the French".
I stated that masonry, has the Egyptian
Mysteries System to thank for the idea and
undoubtedbly ideas that was used in its inception to create much of what is known as the masons today. I never mentioned Jerusalem in regards to anything in my posts.
The claim is not mine to provide any documentation, or proof toward. Since it is
you who made the statemnt and so-called claim not I. What you have done is thrown
out a baitless hook, that will certainly not
be struck at by me.

"It is a privilege to be African, but all
Africans must unite"

Posts: 9 | From: Nashville, TN 37064 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassia
Member # 4594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, I didn’t bring up these groups as examples of AE mystery systems! The fact is that I didn't bring them up.

Phacshuoal, I am sorry I miswrote. I didn’t mean to infer that you mentioned Jerusalem – you certainly didn’t. *I did.* I meant to ask you to show me any proof that the birth of the Knights Templar was anything other than what I had stated, since you didn't believe me.

Your statment read: "Masonry was born out of the crusades people" is a bit much to take, remember, Africa came first, and masonry could very well have emerged before or during the crusades, but if we are to give proper credence to civilization begining in Africa, which gave the concept of the family, which also gave us monotheism, as you stated in your writing, I guess that might be classed as Egyptian "stuff"? huh.

You're accusing me of misrepresenting a lineage of groups whose history is carefully documented not only by themselves, but by the Vatican and by several monarchies. Yet, you say you are skeptical of anything written by the majority of Europeans. This was Europeans documenting Europeans.

I tried to say that these groups were not born of AE *despite* their visual use of Kemetic symbols that they did not yet understand. The knowledge of hieroglyphs had been lost about 1,000 years before, and common knowledge at the time was that the pyramids were grain silos.

The GrecoRoman understanding of the Gods, the GrecoRoman system of directional elements, the Catholic system of angelic forces, the Jewish cabbalah, and the doctrine of reincarnation ... all of these things combine to describe the mystical systems of these groups ... and none of these things is remotely Kemetic. I guess the founders of the groups never thought to ask anybody who actually WAS Egyptian for input.

It is hard to believe in the doctrine of reincarnation at the same time as venerating one's blessed ancestors (akhu) and hoping that one's akhu as spiritual protectors will provide some spiritual guidance.

The forum entitled "letters to the dead" - this column begins to touch the edges of all I would have hoped this thread would be.

Peace to you and yours.

Posts: 82 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com