EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egypt Litmus Test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient Egypt Litmus Test
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

There are few things I agree with Wally about, but one thing I do agree with is if you want the answers ask the people themselves, In the case of AEgyptians this unfortunatley is difficult as I beleive the ancient messages are up for Interpretation.
[/QUOTE]
This is the sort of stuff which literally drives me up the wall! People who make these kinds of statements and who take salient facts and then twist them or obfuscate them, if they are not lawyers, then they have missed their calling.
"I don't agree with Wally?"
About what??? Who's going to win the Super Bowl? The exact value of Pi?

I created a website to document one (1) point, and one point only - The Ancient Egyptians' own concept of race and where they were in the ethnic universe. This has never been done before. This is a culture which left indelibly engraved in stone, who they were and what they were. But, when discussing the ethnicity of the Ancient Egyptians, you always get the impression that the Egyptians are not in the room, that you're discussing a people who no longer exist and who left no records on such a salient point as to who they were and where they came from. You always get "according to Herodotus; or the nasal indices of; the cranial measurements; and is Harry Belafonte black!!... It's all very entertaining but it is also total ........!
"the ancient messages are up for interpretation." I beg you pardon?
"the mural of the races in Rameses III tomb is the only document which shows..."
How many Rosetta stones are there, do we need more than one?

Enough already, it's now time to either put up or shut up!

A) According to the Ancient Egyptians, which racial or ethnic group did they belong to?
B) According to the Ancient Egyptians, which nation did they say they directly descended from?
C) According to the Ancient Egyptians, from which place(s) did the ruling classes originate from? And what were their ethnic names?
D) The Ancient Egyptians created a social science now called ethnology, which also contained a social bias; how did the Ancient Egyptians rank the three racial groups that they were familiar with?
E) According to the Ancient Egyptians, Egypt was Kmt, what synonym did they use to refer to Upper Egypt?
F) The Ancient Egyptians, who routinely caricatured foreign peoples, came to caricature themselves, and allowed for the fact that all men were indeed equal. When did this occur in Egyptian history and who was the Pharaoh who initiated it?

If you can answer these questions, then you can discuss with me the ethnic identity of the Ancient Egyptians, where their descendants are today, and how this relates to the broader history of Africa and it's peoples. If you cannot, then if nothing else, conceal your ignorance by remaining silent...

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 07 June 2004).]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com