EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What interests you most about AE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What interests you most about AE
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wheather it's the Amarna hersey,the everyday life of the AE or maybe you are just interested in their religious outlook. People always have certain personal reasons many are drawn to AE soceity and culture What is yours?

My own personal conncetion come from being a rural Egyptian wanting deeply to connncet to my ancestors. Documenting survials in modern Egypt that still continue to linger. What exactly is yours?

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in AE because I believe they developed a sophisticated spiritual system that can still benefit humanity if her keys can be unlocked.
Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris II
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osiris II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say that all facets of Egyptian history fascinate me. Any particular period? I would have to say the 18th Dynasty, the various stages of Atenism, from Thutmose IV to the Amarna Period.
Posts: 174 | From: Long Beach, CA U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything re: Anc. Eg., actually.

Whether it was knowledge of some ancestral background or something else, I have always had an affinity to Ancient Egypt - art, spirituality, life, all integrated together as were the threads of the subjects completely interwoven.
The more I know the more I wish to know the more I know...
Yes, the 18th Dynasty and the Aten revolution are indeed fascinating, as the direction and definition of religion and art were inextricably together altered.
The different theories and interpretations of that era and the true history may always be debated... until the invention of a time machine!

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always felt a spiritual connection to ancient Egypt like I had lived there in a past life. Since I was a very young child I was attracted to the ancient Egyptians. The more I learn about them the closer I feel to them.
Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaytie
Member # 4440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaytie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested in all facets of Egyptian History, from AE to present day. I'm most intrigued by the people, past and present, the societies they've created and the impact they have on the rest of the world.

My personal reason for the fascination with Egypt I have developed came from a visit I made in 1997. It was amazing to me to stand (for example) at the base of the Great Pyramid, thousands of years old, then travel to the Citadel, over one thousand years old, then visit with modern students who were focused on Egypt's future.

More than most places on Earth, Egypt has undergone significant changes that all created its unique and immediately identifiable...for lack of a better term, personality.

[This message has been edited by kaytie (edited 12 June 2004).]

Posts: 18 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good analogy for the Egyptians is the more things change the more things stay the same. The general public does not realize many customs in AE never really cessed despite the pressures of Islamic or Christainty upon the general populace. The rural Egyptians have clung tight to ancestral traditions that survive to this day.

One of my main areas of interest right know is Late Antique Egypt up to the modern era. Documenting customs of survial.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercar
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an African, I feel connected to all African cultures, including AE. Sometimes I think this kind of unity is what is lacking in Africa. There are colonial, social, and political issues, which I don't want to get into at this moment, acting as barriers to this badly needed unity. For me, AE as the cradle for civilization, adds to my sense of pride...a pride that somehow seems to have been lost on this naturally gifted continent. Maybe for some, AE civilization could be a starting point of a broader study of African history and culture.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com