EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Stolen Treasure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stolen Treasure
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we can relate to the past when The British, French, etc... came into Egypt they did not leave empty handed. Tombs and Graves have been robbed many types of priceless things. Has any of this stuff been recovered? I know now that The world know has more of the AE ruins then Egypt today carries and i find that sad. This stuff belongs in Egypt and should stay in Egypt not in Britain, france, US, Russia and the many other places these things have been taken too.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercar
unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
As we can relate to the past when The British, French, etc... came into Egypt they did not leave empty handed. Tombs and Graves have been robbed many types of priceless things. Has any of this stuff been recovered? I know now that The world know has more of the AE ruins then Egypt today carries and i find that sad. This stuff belongs in Egypt and should stay in Egypt not in Britain, france, US, Russia and the many other places these things have been taken too.

What I find even more irritating, is how Egyptian governments allowed some of the AE to be sold to countries you mentioned above. It's one thing people stealing artifacts, it's another when Leaders endorse selling priceless things such as these.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the looting was not done by indigenous Egyptian fellahin but by various Arab tribes that lived amungst the Egyptians. Mainly the Horobot Arabs in Luxor that took treasures. Most Egyptians untill 1954 had very little controll over the goverment,and even the the real the deseandants the Fellahin and Sa3eadi did not even and still don't have a equal voice in goverment.

British did the same thing to Nigeria with the looting of the Benin bronzes and to the Greeks with the Elegin marables.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunstorm2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even worse than the looting of treasures: countless mummies were exported for exhibition, many ending up even *burned* as chimney fuel or *eaten* for medicinal purposes.

While trying to "claim" Ancient Egypt, the west has had tellingly little respect for Ancient Egypt's legacy, including its dead.

Posts: 237 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com