EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » If you were of Ancient Egyptian Deity or Royalty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you were of Ancient Egyptian Deity or Royalty
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were of Ancient Egyptian deity or royalty who would you be? I would especially like to hear answers from those that have User Id names of gods/godesses/kings/queens. What about this individual that you admire or feel a connection to? Not only in this forum, but so many places I see screen names like Osiris,Amun-re, Nerfertiti, Imhotep, and Ramses, and I've often wondered what was the inspiration for the name.

If I were a well known AE figure, it would have been Hapshetsut (Maatkara). I like the fact that she played both male and female leadership roles. I find myself often doing that in my own life. She was a take charge person, keeping that little boy Tut in his place (sit down son I got this ) And she made contributions to AE society far greater than some of her male predecessors. Fascinating to imagine females in roles like this in AE times, and backward roles as short as 100 years ago. Yes AE was definitely a civilization ahead of its time. Which is just one of the things I find so fascinating.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercar
unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you can see I just randamly picked up a name that came to my mind, when I decided to join the forum. However, if I were to pick an Egyptian royalty, it would have to be Akhaneton, because of his innovative ways, i.e, he developed a new concept of worship in the face of tremendous opposition by powerful priests who wanted to maintain the status quo. This opposition could have cut his reign shorter than it did, but he stayed the course! It also shows the power he had amassed to maintain order. The other reason of course, would be that he picked one of the most beautiful women of antiquity, Nefertiti, as his wife. He almost had it all!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahmose I
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey do you notice we're all in the 18th dynasty... I feel a connection here

Rasol, what is it about Ahmose that inspires you?

Supercar I agree, and just think he is notably responsible for the religious concepts of most of the world-monotheism.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaytie
Member # 4440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaytie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Amenemhet I. He seems to have been a cunning and ambitious individual, and he accomplished a lot during his reign, including getting himself named pharaoh in the first place. Quite the politician, Amenemhet. I don't know that I find him particularly inspiring for that reason, but I like how he used literature to support his claim on the throne (The Prophecy of Neferty).

[This message has been edited by kaytie (edited 07 July 2004).]

Posts: 18 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
If you were of Ancient Egyptian deity or royalty who would you be? I would especially like to hear answers from those that have User Id names of gods/godesses/kings/queens. What about this individual that you admire or feel a connection to? Not only in this forum, but so many places I see screen names like Osiris,Amun-re, Nerfertiti, Imhotep, and Ramses, and I've often wondered what was the inspiration for the name.

If I were a well known AE figure, it would have been Hapshetsut (Maatkara). I like the fact that she played both male and female leadership roles. I find myself often doing that in my own life. She was a take charge person, keeping that little boy Tut in his place (sit down son I got this ) And she made contributions to AE society far greater than some of her male predecessors. Fascinating to imagine females in roles like this in AE times, and backward roles as short as 100 years ago. Yes AE was definitely a civilization ahead of its time. Which is just one of the things I find so fascinating.

I would be King tut! I know that he wasn't as great as the media makes him out to be and he really didn't do much except being a royal mummy that was found in good shape with a bounty of treasures. I like the aspect of his youth and vigor even though he had klippel feil syndrome. I just envision him as a young king with the world in his hands. I feel that he was unlucky due to the people that he had in his corner, ie horemheb..I feel that he was naive attractive and adorned by the local women pretty much how prince William is today! I guess its always nice to be young, rich, powerful and with women all over you! LOL!!

Great topic by the way!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Hey Kaytie, I think it was inspiring, whenever someone begins a new dynasty. It must have been something not being born of royal blood in those days. (but I don't know why I assumed your were a female-guess the name)

Oh Keino, another one in the 18th dynasty , what do you think about all the incest in the family? Didn't Tut marry a sister that was pregnant by her father at 9? Must have been interesting.

kaytie
Member # 4440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaytie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'm a woman, alright. I'm just most intrigued by Amenemhet I who happens to have been a man. I don't have enough knowlege of AE women to pick one, though Hatshepsut has her merits.
Posts: 18 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Oh, Kaytie, no problem, now I Know you're a female. lol.

Some of the most popular screen names I've seen of AE females are: Nerfertiti,Hatshepsut, Cleopatra, Queen Tiye, and of course Isis is the most popular.

neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be the boy king, Tutankamun...
Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunstorm2004
Member # 3932

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunstorm2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be "Scorpion" maybe, because then I'd have a truer idea of how old AE really is (plus being king gets all the babes :^) )...

...Or I'd be Imhotep. Led an accomplished life, & went on to be worshipped among the neteru, without even being pharaoh first...

[This message has been edited by sunstorm2004 (edited 09 July 2004).]

Posts: 237 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One person I admire is Senworset I who brought about a cultural reinassance and resurected the AE empire. Out of all the pharoahs he was the first to conquer and push the borders of AE back into parts of modern day Israel and Palestine.

The 12th dyansty in my opinion is one of the best that deserves more attention than the Old and New Kingdom but seldom gets much attention.

The other reason might be because he is an Aswani Egyptian just like myself.

BTW, before Maatakare I believe there was a female pharoah during the 12th dyansty who ruled. I believe also that Pepi II's mother reigned with him as an equal.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have liked to have been Narmer-Mani, without whom there would be no Pharaonic civilization to speak of. He merely succeeded, through armed struggle, in uniting a disparate cluster of Nile Valley African fiefdoms into a unified nation; one of the first in a long line of Meneliks, Shaka-Zulus, Askias, etc. and on up to the present era of Nkrumah, Garvey, Nasser, Toure, Mandela.... Tough shoes to fill however...

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 13 July 2004).]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
It's interesting hearing your responses. Ausur I though for sure you would say Osiris. Neo*geo, I saw you BP page, you probably could be little Tut, my step son, remember it's my duty to keep you in check, while I run things. Sunstorm do you look like the Rock?

Wally, would you please tell us what part of Egypt did you come from? The north or the south? that would end a lot of debates.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com