EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » About Your Interest in Anceint Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About Your Interest in Anceint Egypt
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to get to know the people on this website better. I was just wondering a few things:

1)When did you first become interested in AE?
2)How and why?
3)What is the driving forces today that keeps you interested?
4)Have you ever been to Egypt?
5)Where are you from?

You can post a pic of yourself if you wanted. I have always wondered how everyone looks.

I first became interested in AE at about the age of 17 or so. I have always had a burning desire to learn as much as I could. Ironically, history was my least favorite topic in high school. However, through reading books about great civilizations one day and with the motivation of one of my cousins who was very interested in history, I began to realize how interesting and important history is especially in the context of Africa! Today my interest is still a desire to learn as much as I can, but also there is a burning interest and desire to see African history placed in the context that it is supposed to be. I am also excited with all the new technologies and new discoveries about the new revelations that are possible in Africa in particularly Egypt and Nubia/Sudan. Following the evolution of Africa’s history, and uncovering truths about the continent's peoples and civilization is like reading a great novel. They say that the truth is often greater than fiction. I have never been to any country in Africa but I would love to visit, Ethiopia, South Africa, and Egypt. I would like to visit many countries through out the world! Its hard to say when I will have a change to do some traveling because my schedule is so busy. I am originally from The Bahamas and have been living in the US for the past 8 years. If you want to see a pic of me, then visit www.blackplanet.com
the name is iland_dilly

I’m looking forward to hearing from you guys!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercar
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keino:
I just wanted to get to know the people on this website better. I was just wondering a few things:

2)How and why?
5)Where are you from?

You can post a pic of yourself if you wanted. I have always wondered how everyone looks.

I first became interested in AE at about the age of 17 or so. I have always had a burning desire to learn as much as I could. Ironically, history was my least favorite topic in high school. However, through reading books about great civilizations one day and with the motivation of one of my cousins who was very interested in history, I began to realize how interesting and important history is especially in the context of Africa! Today my interest is still a desire to learn as much as I can, but also there is a burning interest and desire to see African history placed in the context that it is supposed to be. I am also excited with all the new technologies and new discoveries about the new revelations that are possible in Africa in particularly Egypt and Nubia/Sudan. Following the evolution of Africa’s history, and uncovering truths about the continent's peoples and civilization is like reading a great novel. They say that the truth is often greater than fiction. I have never been to any country in Africa but I would love to visit, Ethiopia, South Africa, and Egypt. I would like to visit many countries through out the world! Its hard to say when I will have a change to do some traveling because my schedule is so busy. I am originally from The Bahamas and have been living in the US for the past 8 years. If you want to see a pic of me, then visit www.blackplanet.com
the name is iland_dilly

I’m looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Keino in order to see your picture on the website you provided, we would have to have a password, and perhaps buy membership. Can you post it here yourself?

By the way, I am no huge history fan myself. However, I know enough to know how our modern societies came to be, and where they might be heading based on current events. My interest in Ancient Egypt and other African history, is motivated by the desire to set the records straight. I want to add to the increasingly strong voices that denounce the current distorted standard curricula taught from Euro-perspectives. This idea that Africans are incapable of starting civilizations is just a way to keep Blacks down, to create a feeling of inferiority. Evidence just keeps on mounting, and it becomes increasingly hard for people to deny Africa's pivotal role in bringing about or influencing civilizations in various parts of the world!

[This message has been edited by supercar (edited 10 July 2004).]

Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
membership is free! I do not know how to post pics on this site. Tell me and I will try!
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you post you will see a section that says UBB code is on. Click the message untill a screem with various options,and then select the options. Scrolls down untill you see directions on how to paste pictures. You can't paste jpg unfortunatley.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't know when I became interested but my earliest memory is reading about the Egyptians in the Exodus in my children's bible. My uncle has a ring from Egypt and he said I used to always want to play with his ring as a baby.

quote:

2)How and why?

Don't know how, don't have a reason why...

quote:

In some ways I feel a kindred connection to Egypt. I feel like the ancient Egyptians speak through me. Maybe I was in AE in a past life? I'm always looking for new information on the way they lived and their beliefs.

quote:

Once when I was very young. I hope to return someday...

quote:

5)Where are you from?

USA

You can see my picture on www.blackplanet.com as well. My member page is godz_son81

Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercar
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go, Keino and Neo*geo! I have managed to get to your pages at blackplanet.com. If course, I had to register to get in. But now that I am a member, I'll start developing my page, and post my pic. Cool website!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com