EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » So what did Keita say about ancestors of Kemetians?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So what did Keita say about ancestors of Kemetians?
supercar
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this comes from the hot debate from another thread about what Keita meant by term "northern coastal" Africans, and what he didn't mean by that term.

One poster suggested that we give this issue a rest, but I tend to get to the bottom of things. Yes, I am a "hard-headed" and very persistent person, who doesn't quit until issues are settled!

So those of you, who might have read Keita's findings in detail, not just from internet excerpts, please feel free to enlighten those of us who might be missing out on details, thereby causing some of us to jump to the wrong conclusion about his findings!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had a scanner so I could send the details to you. I unfortunatley don't have one so I left out in the cold. I think it might be best if you read the paper yourself. You can acess it through inter-library loan.

Go to your local library and ask for a inter-library loan. If you need to name of the text I shall supply it.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercar
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I wish I had a scanner so I could send the details to you. I unfortunatley don't have one so I left out in the cold. I think it might be best if you read the paper yourself. You can acess it through inter-library loan.

Go to your local library and ask for a inter-library loan. If you need to name of the text I shall supply it.

This may come as a surprise to you, but my nearest public library didn't carry his book. They recommended I look for it at some academic library. Is it not possible for you to put the relevant excerpts here?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The publication has charts that I cannot duplicate from simple transcription. What you should have done is asked the librarian for a Inter-Library Loan slip. The Inter-Library Loan allows you to acess other libraries across your state. The librarian might charge you for a photo copy of the articles.

The title is not a book but a Journal.

Here are the title of Keita's works

Keita, S.O.Y., "Further Studies of Crania from Ancient Northern Africa: An Analysis of Crania from First Dyansty Egyptian Tombs, Using Multiple Discriminant Functions" American Journal of Physical Anthropology 87:245-254, 1992.
__, "Studies of ancient crania from northern Africa," American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 83: 35-48, 1990.
__, "Ancient Egyptian Biological Relationships," History in Africa, 1993.

While you're at the library you might want to also inquire about a book called Egypt in Africa by Theodore Celenko

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The publication has charts that I cannot duplicate from simple transcription. What you should have done is asked the librarian for a Inter-Library Loan slip. The Inter-Library Loan allows you to acess other libraries across your state. The librarian might charge you for a photo copy of the articles.

The title is not a book but a Journal.

Here are the title of Keita's works

Keita, S.O.Y., "Further Studies of Crania from Ancient Northern Africa: An Analysis of Crania from First Dyansty Egyptian Tombs, Using Multiple Discriminant Functions" American Journal of Physical Anthropology 87:245-254, 1992.
__, "Studies of ancient crania from northern Africa," American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 83: 35-48, 1990.
__, "Ancient Egyptian Biological Relationships," History in Africa, 1993.

While you're at the library you might want to also inquire about a book called Egypt in Africa by Theodore Celenko

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com