EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » THE SUMERIANS (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: THE SUMERIANS
Pimander
Member # 7133

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pimander   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sumerian movement from the east? First I have heard of that - but not implausible. Egyptians say the same about their own ancestral history and I am now wondering about the Saraswati river basin and it's unknown background. It appears to have been devestated by a combination of excessive flood and drought and any cultural remains are not easy pickings from what little I have read. Does anyone have a position on this? I'm open to almost anything at this stage in the game...

a bientot
DMc

Posts: 74 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zulu ra zuri
Member # 7122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zulu ra zuri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've studied some history of India and as I recalled, the aryans came from southern russia and the caucousus mountains and conquered the original inhabitants beginning around 1500BC. I have a degree in Chinese and I've read texts where the ancient Chinese were determined not to let these people into there territory. Hence, the first great wall was built. This was built a little northern than where the current on is. However, the aryans were able to penetrate india aroun d the ganges river. They instituted a caste system while intermixing with the natives. Hence, alot of Indians are mixed with aryans and the native blacks. I have Iranian friends who told me that the same thing happened in Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi and other "middle eastern" areas. Egypt and North Africa are a continuation this same transformation. By the way, my Iranian friends called the current people in these areas a "new race" because of the mixture of black and white. Has anyone ever looked up the word semi? It's Greek for half. I've come to believe that the Middle Eastern or Arab are half black and white. In my opinion that's why "pure" whites don't care too much for the Arab or Jew.

quote:
Originally posted by Roy_2k5:
Horemheb, whether you dislike 'Afrocentrics', the fact is I am not an 'Afrocentric'.

The population of Sumeria were [b]NOT Caucasian, Near Eastern (Turkish/Hybrid looking), Nordic, or European. Neither were the Sumerians Black, they are akin to typical Indians, Southern Arabs, and some Iranians whom have a similar skin tone as East Africans. [/B]

Posts: 104 | From: santa barbara, california usa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy_2k5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zulu:
I've studied some history of India and as I recalled, the aryans came from southern russia and the caucousus mountains and conquered the original inhabitants beginning around 1500BC. I have a degree in Chinese and I've read texts where the ancient Chinese were determined not to let these people into there territory. Hence, the first great wall was built. This was built a little northern than where the current on is. However, the aryans were able to penetrate india aroun d the ganges river. They instituted a caste system while intermixing with the natives. Hence, alot of Indians are mixed with aryans and the native blacks. I have Iranian friends who told me that the same thing happened in Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi and other "middle eastern" areas. Egypt and North Africa are a continuation this same transformation. By the way, my Iranian friends called the current people in these areas a "new race" because of the mixture of black and white. Has anyone ever looked up the word semi? It's Greek for half. I've come to believe that the Middle Eastern or Arab are half black and white. In my opinion that's why "pure" whites don't care too much for the Arab or Jew.

You are sort of correct.

What is true is that there was a Caucasian migration from Central Asia to India, however it was quite small to alter North India's typical phenotype. Even though some are fair, they are akin to the Iranians, a hybrid stock. Today, the majority of Indians are pretty much the same, and have dark skin comparable to Africans. However they have features that are more 'Caucasoid' than

Second, even though it is quite likely that the language of India was not Indo-European, there has yet to be any significant evidence that the IE tongues spoken in India originate from Central Asia. Matter of fact, Sanskrit is far older than any tongue in Europe or Central Asia. I would not be surprised if the IE tongue actually originated in India or somewhere around the Middle East, and spoken originally by a dark skinned population.

Third, even though Vedic Hinduism spread throughout India, it still doesn't look like they divided the population into races, even if they intended to do so. Many high caste Indians are actually quite dark skinned and many light skinned Indians could belong to the lower caste. Moreoever, while Dravidians in India mainly belong to the lower caste, the Dravidians in Sri Lanka are mainly high caste. This observation breaks the Caste = Racist system theory.

Let us remember that the Eurocentrists have been trying to put the blame on others for the mistakes they have committed in the past. Therefore we must approach this issue more critically. Although, IE speakers were not the founder of IVC, there is a possibility that they were not brutes either.

Posts: 212 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy_2k5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"By the way, my Iranian friends called the current people in these areas a "new race" because of the mixture of black and white. Has anyone ever looked up the word semi? It's Greek for half. I've come to believe that the Middle Eastern or Arab are half black and white. In my opinion that's why "pure" whites don't care too much for the Arab or Jew."

Zulu, while Arabs are likely to be mixed, they are certainly not part white. The real Arabs or the Southern Arabs were a seperate stock and this stock populated Middle East and even many migrated to Lower Egypt. There are Arabs that have Black admixture, however there are also Somalians that also have West Asian admixture.

Tell your Iranian friend that Persians are alot more heterogenous than most Arabs. The people of the Middle East or Southern Europe that look 'white' are actually very mixed. I have seen mixed individuals (Black+White) that have a similar phenotype.

Posts: 212 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is the fact that India is very diverse even in its racial complex. Many anthropologists are still trying to determine the number of groups and exactly what these groups are!

quote:
You are sort of correct.

What is true is that there was a Caucasian migration from Central Asia to India, however it was quite small to alter North India's typical phenotype. Even though some are fair, they are akin to the Iranians, a hybrid stock...

Yes, the fair-skinned Indians do bear a striking resemblance to Iranians and it's no surprise if they indeed originated from Iran. Notice that the fair-skinned Indian usually come from the northern most regions like Punjab, Kashmir, and the Pakistan areas.
Exactly how are the fair Iranians hybrid? This runs into the second problem of identifying the various racial groups and populations of the Near-East, which was also very diverse in ancient times, perhaps almost as diverse as India! What's interesting is that not only do the fair Iranians resemble the people of southern Central Asia like Afghanistan, but they also bear somewhat of a resemblance to other fair-skinned peoples of the Near-East, usually those of the northern regions like in northern Iraq, the Levant, Turkey, and the people of the Caucasus Mountains. Is there some connection between all these people!??
I myself distinguish Indians by their complexions. Some are black living mostly in the south, some are light skinned living mostly in the north, but many are just brown.

quote:
...Today, the majority of Indians are pretty much the same, and have dark skin comparable to Africans. However they have features that are more 'Caucasoid' than

What are you talking about? In Western racial categories, most Indians are 'brown', not black. Those Indians who share the same color as Africans are usually Dravidian speakers.

quote:
Second, even though it is quite likely that the language of India was not Indo-European, there has yet to be any significant evidence that the IE tongues spoken in India originate from Central Asia. Matter of fact, Sanskrit is far older than any tongue in Europe or Central Asia. I would not be surprised if the IE tongue actually originated in India or somewhere around the Middle East, and spoken originally by a dark skinned population.

Exactly where the Indo-European languages orginated is still a mystery, and exactly how they reached India is even more so! I agree with scholars that say Indo-European orginated somewhere in Eastern Europe, specifically in the steppes of Russia. My basis for this is the fact that the earliest references to Indo-European peoples all describe pale, tall, blonde, gray-eyed, Nordic Russian types. This is attested by Homers accounts of Achaeans(early Greeks) as well as the remains in the Mycenae tombs of Greece, and even the descriptions in Egyptian texts and tomb paintings of Mitanni royals. Surprisingly, even today, such types of people still survive in small isolated pockets of northern Iran; and even in Afghanistan among the Nuristani (formerly called Kafiri) people, and in northern Pakistan among the Kalash people. All of these people before their conversion to Islam, practiced early forms of the pagan Aryan religion. I do agree about what you say about Sanskrit! Even though it is an Indo-European language, many liguists do note that there are certain features and vocabulary that are peculiar and distinct from Indo-European. The same is said about the Dardic languages of northernmost India that are related to Sanskrit, languages like Kashmiri and Shina. Such evidence suggests that Indo-European displaced the earlier languages indigenous to the area. Perhaps these earlier languages were somehow related to Burushaski, a language isolate spoken in northeastern Pakistan without even remote known relatives??

quote:
Third, even though Vedic Hinduism spread throughout India, it still doesn't look like they divided the population into races, even if they intended to do so. Many high caste Indians are actually quite dark skinned and many light skinned Indians could belong to the lower caste. Moreoever, while Dravidians in India mainly belong to the lower caste, the Dravidians in Sri Lanka are mainly high caste. This observation breaks the Caste = Racist system theory.

I agree. There is evidence that suggests the caste system was indigenous to India, even before the Vedas, since there were Dravidian peoples found who practiced it.

quote:
Let us remember that the Eurocentrists have been trying to put the blame on others for the mistakes they have committed in the past. Therefore we must approach this issue more critically. Although, IE speakers were not the founder of IVC, there is a possibility that they were not brutes either.

I totally agree!!

Posts: 26258 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I also mention that the people of north India also have a legend that some of their ancestors migrated from the west because of a flood?!

Of course many cultures have a flood myth, but it makes it more interesting when putting that together with other aspects of their religion, like sages which was also found in Sumerian belief.

Considering all of this, I assume that the original home of the Sumerians was in Iran, most likely northern Iran, and that they inhabited the region before the 'fair-skinned' Iranians showed up.

Posts: 26258 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti reply to Roy_2k5 was...

quote:
What are you talking about?

And so, I ask you the same question, when you make a generalization such as this:

quote:
In Western racial categories, most Indians are 'brown', not black. Those Indians who share the same color as Africans are usually Dravidian speakers.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti, you realize that some parts of Afganistan and northern India have Scythian and Greek admixture? Infact, there have been genetic studies that confirm this ancient admixture that probably came from troops in Alexander's armies.

The first Indo-Europeans seems to correlate to the Kurgan culture and domestication of the horse.

Some people like Colin Reinfew have attempted to put the Indo-Europeans around modern day Anatolia.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supercar says:
quote:
And so, I ask you the same question, when you make a generalization such as this: "Those Indians who share the same color as Africans are usually Dravidian speakers."

If you noticed, I didn't say all Indians who are black are Dravidian speakers. I said usually or most, which is true. I'm aware that there are some black Indians who only speak the Aryan language. Did you know there is a tribe of Indians called Coorgis who live in southern India and look no different from the fair-skinned ones of the north or even Iranians, yet their vernacular is Dravidian?!

Ausar says:

quote:
Djehuti, you realize that some parts of Afganistan and northern India have Scythian and Greek admixture? Infact, there have been genetic studies that confirm this ancient admixture that probably came from troops in Alexander's armies.

I'm aware of these claims however, I find them to be unsubstantiated.

First off, most Greeks had dark hair and blondes were quite rare, ocurring mostly in the northern areas of Greece and with higher frequencies the farther north you go in the Balkans, but even then, brown was the common hair color of northern Balkan people. The main thing is that blonde haired people have apparently lived in these areas long before the advent of Alexander and his armies. Herodotus reported what he heard from the Scythians about other Aryan nomads farther east who had the same descriptions. late Babylonian and Assyrian texts spoke of pale skinned, yellow haired peoples to the northeast, and even Alexander the Great and his army encountered such tribes when they first made their trek to Afghanistan and northern India. In fact, Alexander's wife Roxane was the daughter of a Saka cheiftain, and her name in Iranian--Roshvane means pale or bright. Her people, the Sakas were known to the Indians by their nordic appearance.

Also, the certain similarities these peoples' languages have with Greek, don't add up entirely. There are certain loan words borrowed from Greek, but this is to be expected since the region of Bactria (Afghanistan) and Persia was under Greek rule, after Alexander's death. Also, many Aryan languages already had features silimar to Greek, before Greek contact which only prove Indo-European common origins. Neither of these facts says nothing about intermarrying with Alexander's troops. In fact, the blonde peoples of Afghanistan--the Kafiri, and Pakistan--the Kalash, both speak Aryan languages called Dardic, that are neither Iranian nor Indian but are distinct from both. Their languages also possess archaic features that the Iranian and Indian languages have lost.

Lastly, I doubt Alexander's troops would had that great a genetic influence on the peoples of these areas, especially considering that these troops were relatively few in number compared to the surrounding locals. BTW, where are these studies that confirm Greek ancestry, could you show them to me?

It's true that the Kafiri and Kalash peoples claim descent from Alexander's armies, but they obviously do this for the same reason why the Romani onced claimed Egyptian ancestry from and why muslim Africans claim Arab ancestry-- for the want of claiming a great heritage.

quote:
The first Indo-Europeans seems to correlate to the Kurgan culture and domestication of the horse.

I agree with the theory, though I'm not surprise if there are other far older cultures in Russia, which preceeded the Kurgan.

quote:
Some people like Colin Reinfew have attempted to put the Indo-Europeans around modern day Anatolia.

I've heard of this theory as well, but I agree more with the Kurgan one, since the language diversity seems to correspond with this. The renowned Lithuanian archaeologist and mythologist, Marija Gimbutas, further supports this with mythological themes as well as iconography.

Have you heard of a people called the Minaro, who live along the western borders of Tibet? They live in the area of Ladak just south of the Tarim Basin and right around area between Jammu and Kashmir. They speak a dialect of Shina, which is also Dardic language. They appear to be hybrids--a mixture between Tibetan and white. They have much lighter complexions than other Tibetans and although I've never heard of blonde hair occuring among them, they do sometimes have brown hair and even heavy facial hair and hairy chests occuring among the men. They sometimes have light colored eyes like blue and their features are very long and thin, more so than regular Tibetans. Some Eurocentric scholars are saying that Indo-Europeans not just influenced but founded the cultures of ancient Tibet, and few have gone as far as saying that white Indo-European were the original inhabitants of Greater Tibet and have lived there before 'mongoloids'!!

I forgot how we got into the discussion of Indo-Europeans, in the first place. As I said before, The peoples of India are very diverse, physically as well as culturally, and most likely at one time, linguistically. I agree with most scholars who say the linguistic and cultural diversity of India was much greater in ancient and especially prehistoric times, than today. For example, we know that the Dravidian languages were once spoken throughout India and probably came from the north, but was slowly displaced and pushed southward by Indo-Aryan. While Dravidian languages are mostly spoken in the south, there are still small enclaves and pockets of Dravidians in the north, the farthest north being Brahui which is spoken in Pakistan. And I definitely agree that the Harappan people were most likely Dravidian peoples. Many people tend to forget that although Dravidian was the main linguistic group in India before Indo-Aryan, there are others. In eastern central India there are people who speak Munda languages which are part of the Austro-Asiatic language family and are related to certain languages in Southeast Asia like Khmer(Cambodian) and Vietnamese. Further to the northeast are Khasi and Nahali which are both language isolates but show a somewhat distant relation to Munda, and lastly in the northeastern areas of Pakistan is Burushaski which is a totally isolated language with no close relations whatsover. Who knows how many linguistic and cultural groups there were.

The main point I was making is that many of the peoples of central India today must bear some relation to ancient Sumerians. Again, I base this on their physical appearance as well as certain aspects of their religion, besides these there is nothing else to go by. I suggest that the original home of the Sumerians was in central Iran, prior to the appearance of Elamites, and from there they branched off, some traveling west to Mesopotamia and others east. Certain aspects of ancient Harappan iconography and artifacts of course show a relation with Sumerians. While we can infer that such a relation was based on trade, it is probable and even likely that these peoples have had contact longer ago than previously thought.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Djehuti:
If you noticed, I didn't say all Indians who are black are Dravidian speakers. I said usually or most, which is true. I'm aware that there are some black Indians who only speak the Aryan language. Did you know there is a tribe of Indians called Coorgis who live in southern India and look no different from the fair-skinned ones of the north or even Iranians, yet their vernacular is Dravidian?!

If you noticed, my question was not pertaining to the Dravidians or Indians, but to your generalization of Africans.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
If you noticed, my question was not pertaining to the Dravidians or Indians, but to your generalization of Africans.

Whatever Supercar, I meant East Africans! There is no need to play semantic games, I meant it in the politically incorrect sense.

Get over it!

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Get over it!

Get over the fact that, when you make intellectually bankrupt claims, you will be called on it!

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 07 April 2005).]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
Get over the fact that, when you make intellectually bankrupt claims, you will be called on it!

and what exactly is so intellectually bankrupt about my claims?

Why don't you address the main point I'm making anyway, for a change!

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[B] and what exactly is so intellectually bankrupt about my claims?

Why don't you address the main point I'm making anyway, for a change!

Re-read your comment, and my follow up question to it. My friend, you'll called be on any stupid claim you make in 'any' aspect of your comment. Why don't you address the stupid claims you've been called on, for a change!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supercar, just explain to me what mistake I made.

Other than that, do you have anything to say about my theories concerning the connection between Sumerians and many Indian people?

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Supercar, just explain to me what mistake I made.

Other than that, do you have anything to say about my theories concerning the connection between Sumerians and many Indian people?

If you need it re-spelt out for you, then so be it:

Djehuti fails to understand what was wrong with this, his earlier claim:

In Western racial categories, most Indians are 'brown', not black. Those Indians who share the same color as Africans are usually Dravidian speakers

Do Africans correspond to a single type of color, or characteristic.

As for the Sumerians, when I **wish** to make a comment, at my own discretion, I'll keep you posted. Fascism, is something that needs to be left at your doorstep!

Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
quote:
complexions. Some are black living mostly in the south, some are light skinned living mostly in the north, but many are just brown.

Actually most Indians are quite dark skinned. I have seen many Bengalis, Gujuratis, Maharashtrians, etc that are just as dark as a typical Malayali. Let us remember that brown is a dark skinned colour. If you think that most Indians are tawny then you are far from reality. Even many Tamils are tawny but the majority of South Indians and Indians from Gujurat, Goa, Maharashtra are similar in skin complexion. However, the chances of finding a white skinned Indian in the North is more highe.r

quote:

What are you talking about? In Western racial categories, most Indians are 'brown', not black. Those Indians who share the same color as Africans are usually Dravidian speakers.

You really need to visit Mumbai or even Bhopal. The majority are quite dark skinned. When I say Black, I am referring to a Scottie Pippen, Will Smith or even Puff Daddy range. I am not talking about Idi Amin complexion range. Indians are comparable to the average African, whom are more Brown. If we observe NBA athletes or other Black celebrities, they tend to be more Brown than Black.

I have learned that Pakistanis try to look down at Indians because of their dark skin complexion. The Pakistanis think the same about the Bangladeshis.

quote:
Exactly where the Indo-European languages orginated is still a mystery, and exactly how they reached India is even more so! I agree with scholars that say Indo-European orginated somewhere in Eastern Europe, specifically in the steppes of Russia.

Indo-European tongue is said to have been originated in Eastern Europe. It is said to have originated in Central Asia, closer to Iran.

quote:
My basis for this is the fact that the earliest references to Indo-European peoples all describe pale, tall, blonde, gray-eyed, Nordic Russian types. This is attested by Homers accounts of Achaeans(early Greeks) as well as the remains in the Mycenae tombs of Greece, and even the descriptions in Egyptian texts and tomb paintings of Mitanni royals. Surprisingly, even today, such types of people still survive in small isolated pockets of northern Iran; and even in Afghanistan among the Nuristani (formerly called Kafiri) people, and in northern Pakistan among the Kalash people. All of these people before their conversion to Islam, practiced early forms of the pagan Aryan religion. I do agree about what you say about Sanskrit! Even though it is an Indo-European language, many liguists do note that there are certain features and vocabulary that are peculiar and distinct from Indo-European. The same is said about the Dardic languages of northernmost India that are related to Sanskrit, languages like Kashmiri and Shina. Such evidence suggests that Indo-European displaced the earlier languages indigenous to the area. Perhaps these earlier languages were somehow related to Burushaski, a language isolate spoken in northeastern Pakistan without even remote known relatives??

How do these archeological evidence prove that the original speakers of the IE tongue were blondes? It is likely that the early Greeks had Blonde hair and blue eye, but that doesn't mean the original speakers of the IE were Nordic. There has yet to be proof about this assertion, just hollow claims.

quote:
I agree. There is evidence that suggests the caste system was indigenous to India, even before the Vedas, since there were Dravidian peoples found who practiced it.

Yes. The break up of the caste system appears more urban. With castes that were Artisans and farmers, etc. The Aryan clan were warrior clans, that were on horse back, farmed, etc.

Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
Djehuti: There are actually dozens of threads that prove that the 'White' Meds are actually hybrids. The back-to-back Evil E debunking proved it all. Many wonder why I am so eagar to state that these 'whites' are eager. I do this because Southern Arabs, Iranians, Dravidians and East Africans are falsely labelled as hybrids. If the Med 'whites' are not proud of their mixed ancestry, then too bad.
Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
"If you noticed, I didn't say all Indians who are black are Dravidian speakers. I said usually or most, which is true. I'm aware that there are some black Indians who only speak the Aryan language"

Incorrect.

In Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Indians are JUST as dark as those from South India. We find more white Indians in the North because of the obvious reasons. Those from Madhya Pradesh, even Uttar Pradesh are mainly dark skinned. Some claim that Muslims tend to more fair, but that seems false. India becomes more fair from Punjab or Rajasthan. Gujaratis are not mainly Tawny, neither are the Goans or Maharashtrians. The last two look exactly the same as the Dravidian.

Have you heard of the Sinhalese of Sri Lanka? They speak an Aryan tongue and are very similar to the Indians of Eastern India. In average, Sinhalese are darker than the Tamils in the North. The only Tamils that would be darker than the Sinhalese would be the Tamils outside the cities in the far North, while the Sinhalese that would be fairer would be those living in the Kandian region. Many believe Sinhalese are dark in complexion because of the Australoid influence, but this is not the case. The Australoids in Sri Lanka (Veddha) are not dark skinned.

As I have stated, most Indians are actually quite dark skinned. The problem is we automatically assume that Blacks or Dravidians are Black in complexion. Hence when we see one dark African, we assume all of them are Black. In contrast when we see a fair skinned Bengali, many assume the pop as mainly fair, even though the majority are not. These selective observations are certainly not needed .

King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all should read this...

http://www.saxakali.com/Saxakali-Publications/runoko31.htm

Though, I do think Ancient Sumeria needs to be looked into more.

Read this too...

http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/iraq.html

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
The Greeks also classified the Dravidian phenotype as Ethiopian as well. The Sumerians were most likely related to the Dravidians and the Elamites. The last two do have similarities in culture and phenotype. Whether these three population could be seen as Black is another question.
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a picture of what the Elamites looked like.

What a lot of people don't understand is that back in the day (thousands of years ago) there were numerous African tribes located in what we now call the Middle East. They were as black as Africans and today's black people in the Americas....because they were from the same place.

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thought:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/001830-2.html

Thought Writes:

T.D., you are absolutely right. The M1 lineage has not been fully delineated. In addition, many populations in Africa remain unstudied. But even if M does turn out to be South Asian instead of East African the lineage would have nothing to do with “Caucasians“.
The low frequency of M lineages in Iran and Iraq imply that there has been some degree of population replacement in these regions.

Thanks for sharing T.D.!

quote:
The Greeks also classified the Dravidian phenotype as Ethiopian as well. The Sumerians were most likely related to the Dravidians and the Elamites. The last two do have similarities in culture and phenotype. Whether these three population could be seen as Black is another question.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP!!!!
Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AKOBADAGETH:
 -

THE SUMERIANS WORSHIPED GODS CALLED ANUNNAKI.

THIS IS HOW THEY DEPICTED THEM , WHITE WHITE BLUE EYES

This guy needs to be banned ... I've been to his forum and checked it out. This guy is a die hard racist.

Review his ideal and how he tell's us to bow down to his White God! RACIST A@!HOLE!!

Ban Him!!!

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That AKOBADAGETH is positively insane. He also shows little evidence of knowing how to turn Caps off.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7080 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW [Eek!]

I just wanted to find out more about the Sumericans Lineage [Big Grin]

Damn I didn't know that guy was STONE RACIST like THAT.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol. You guys need to check the date on some of these threads before reviving them. The date is upper left hand corner of the last post. In this case: posted 10 April, 2005 01:00 AM, was the last post in this dead thread before it was revived.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ROTFL at Akobago, that dumb racist nut who makes a living cleaning out bedpans in a mental hospital! [Big Grin]
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
lol. You guys need to check the date on some of these threads before reviving them. The date is upper left hand corner of the last post. In this case: posted 10 April, 2005 01:00 AM, was the last post in this dead thread before it was revived.

Damn ... my bad ... that dude had me pissed off ... those are the type of ignorant folks we deal with here in the United States.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Read my post above and see why you really don't have to worry about him! LOL [Big Grin]
natyempress
Member # 12047

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for natyempress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OT: this is a question for djehuti

I noticed that to in most bollywod movies that they only use fair skin actors? i was wondering why is that so, because i know a large part of the population is pretty brown, even black. Is there a reason why things are like this?

Posts: 7 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natyempress
Member # 12047

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for natyempress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i meant black is an complexion not as in african
Posts: 7 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^I think it is because of the strong Western influence, and earlier Central Asian influence before Europeans.

[Embarrassed] Other than that, I suggest you e-mail Bollywood companies and ask them.

Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by natyempress:
i meant black is an complexion not as in african

Can you please explain this comment "not as in african".

The Egyptians were African ...

Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
RACIST A@!HOLE!!

[/QB]

LMFAO!!!
Posts: 214 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com