EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Does anybody here read books or do you just get information off the internet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anybody here read books or do you just get information off the internet
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I noticed that many of the posters here get your information from internet sites. While this is okay there is lots of errors in internet information because sources are not always cited. Nothing should take the place of using multiple sources or reading a book to obtain information. I realize that not many libraries have this sort of information about Egypt,but you can find many sources from your University library.

Another way to obtain information is through a service called Jstor. Jstor has lists and archives of journal articles that are old.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

I noticed that many of the posters here get your information from internet sites. While this is okay there is lots of errors in internet information because sources are not always cited. Nothing should take the place of using multiple sources or reading a book to obtain information. I realize that not many libraries have this sort of information about Egypt,but you can find many sources from your University library.

Another way to obtain information is through a service called Jstor. Jstor has lists and archives of journal articles that are old.

I have read a few books but they seem to be somewhat racist. You know, the lost White Race (Ham) stuff. Gets rahter annoying, but then on the otherside you get these Black Racist who are just as bad with this Black origination of everything stuff.

I should write my own book: The African Jewish origins of Civilization.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I get my information from plenty of books Ausar! Some are very accurate and although most are written by white authors they are not racist and in fact are very adiment about the African origin of Egypt!!

My only regret is that I don't have a scanner!

Yes I also have access to Jstor as well!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 03 June 2005).]

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti, since you have acess to Jstor would you be kind enough to help me acess some articles there?

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Various people use the internet sources available, not because that is the only source available to them, but because they can directly corroborate their claims through that means, and for the potential audience to get access to such information that much faster. Not everyone has scanners, as Djehuti exemplifies. The alternative would be to just copy a given text from a book, and reference the title. Now, if the text in question is lengthy, it can be time consuming for a person to jot it down, without assistance of a scanner, or other means to get it available online.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Djehuti, since you have acess to Jstor would you be kind enough to help me acess some articles there?

Why yes!

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Shukran[thank you]

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Djehuti, did you recieve my email?

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com