EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Do I look North African? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do I look North African?
COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ashash lacks a forhead.....tipical weast-african trait.

[This message has been edited by COBRA (edited 25 June 2005).]

Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jizan:

Dumb Afrocentrist [b]pure
Blacks(Capoids not counted) only come in really Dark-Brown and Black-Brown Just like europeans only come in White and Olive. [/B]

Thats Right....this is what you call unmixed.

Extreamly rear...

Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashash
Member # 8120

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ashash   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by COBRA:
ashash lacks a forhead.....tipical weast-african trait.

...hmm...I wasn't aware that I lacked a forhead. lol...I just always thought it was there

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ashash:
...hmm...I wasn't aware that I lacked a forhead. lol...I just always thought it was there

no...offence i hope.

but you did ask your picture to be verified.

ashash
Member # 8120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashash   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
no...offence i hope.

but you did ask your picture to be verified.

No, no offense. At least I can stop worrying about it being too big. Hehe! What do u mean did I ask my pic to be verified?

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
quote:

What do u mean did I ask my pic to be verified?

meaning....to be the main point of discustion.

off topic...

bye the way, are you from america. just wondaring.

ashash
Member # 8120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashash   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
meaning....to be the main point of discustion.

off topic...

bye the way, are you from america. just wondaring.

Ya. Originally NYC, but my mom & dad are West Indian.

COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
quote:
Ya. Originally NYC, but my mom & dad are West Indian.

well, well, well we got a homegirl on the forum...lol

you been to egypt.

ashash
Member # 8120

Rate Member
quote:
well, well, well we got a homegirl on the forum...lol

you been to egypt.

No, never. I'd love to go though. I've always been interested in AE and ancient Rome and stuff.

bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bandon19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jizan u can be light and have no mixture. Ur using the term the wrong way my mother is light grandmother light im dark we all have the same blood not mixed.
Posts: 188 | From: canton,ma,united states | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
quote:
No, never. I'd love to go though. I've always been interested in AE and ancient Rome and stuff.

SO WHEN YOU THINK OF EGYPT, WHAT IS YOUR COMON BELIEF ON HOW PEOPLE LOOK LIKE.

JUST ASKING..

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kenndo:

if you say racial mixture than most ancient black egyptain were unmixed and so were most blacks or all the further you go back.

Thought Writes:

Kenndo, where can I find the peer-reviewed scientific evidence that supports your theory?

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bandon19:

jizan u can be light and have no mixture. Ur using the term the wrong way my mother is light grandmother light im dark we all have the same blood not mixed.

Thought Writes:

Blood is NOT the issue. Most people have multiple GENETIC heritages and hence most people are mixed. How a person looks has little bearing on their genetic heritage.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

Kenndo, where can I find the peer-reviewed scientific evidence that supports your theory?

i tell you were........it doesn't exsist.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
quote:

i tell you were........it doesn't exsist.

Thought Writes:

The point is the Ancient Egyptians had multiple genetic lineages like ALL people across the globe, yet their PRIMARY genetic and cultural heritage derives from a Sub-Saharan African base.

ashash
Member # 8120

Rate Member
quote:
SO WHEN YOU THINK OF EGYPT, WHAT IS YOUR COMON BELIEF ON HOW PEOPLE LOOK LIKE.

JUST ASKING..

I've had a few Egyptian friends, and tho they've all been the light-"Arab-looking" types, all of them said their family members ranged from light to medium to very dark-skinned, w/ different features and hair types. All of them considered themselves Arab/African-American...So I guess I think of Egypt and I think of people with phenotypes stretching all across the spectrum. I don't think that any ANCIENT Egyptians were naturally blond or blue eyed tho. I think that came from admixture. People say Rameses the Great was a redhead therefore he was European or something...I thought he dyed his hair though. And Darker-skinned peoples can have naturally red hair. lol

COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
quote:
I don't think that any ANCIENT Egyptians were naturally blond or blue eyed tho. I think that came from admixture. People say Rameses the Great was a redhead therefore he was European or something...I thought he dyed his hair though. And Darker-skinned peoples can have naturally red hair. lol

codn't have said it better my self...But if you look at people from upper egypt you may find people who still resemaling ancient egypt.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[

the kinky hair is not a north-african or east-african trait.

LOL. What do you call these, then?

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jizan
Member # 7861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jizan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bandon19:

Bullshit and it's extremly rare. Black African people without Capoid or North African/Arab admixture are all really Dark Brown or Blackish-Brown.

Posts: 191 | From: Europe | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jizan
Member # 7861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jizan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
LOL. What do you call these, then?

Most horn Africans like Afars, Somalis etc don't have nappy(some do of coarse) for some odd reason many high land Ethiopians do.

Posts: 191 | From: Europe | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Most horn Africans like Afars, Somalis etc don't have nappy(some do of coarse) for some odd reason many high land Ethiopians do.

Read carefully:
Take one more close look at the post you are replying to, and ask yourself, if you really answered the question specifically asked. And then, go and look at the post, that the question was addressing. Time to force that brain cell of yours, to it's 'maximum' potential.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 25 June 2005).]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
no....you seem to look like a west african with some white admixture.

the kinky hair is not a north-african or east-african trait.

no she does not seem to have any white
mixture to me even if she looks like she have some so what?looking like you have some is different from having some and some africans are known to be lighter than that with out any mixture dummies,and kinky hair is a east african triat,the masia,dinka,bantu and other nilo saharans do have kinky hair and most others do not have straight hair in east africa.

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thought Writes:

get some books from chancellor williams.
the fact is that most people marry thier own kind and there is no proof that white enter africa and had wholesale intermarriage with blacks.whites we in most cases located at the northern coast of africa and another is i am not givig the self haters like amr1 and others room to say every black civilization was created by blacks with some mixture because their so no proof from the works i have read.
another work would be from chiek anta diop,and of course blacks from africa who know clearly what they are and what they had to say from there own mouths when i speak to some from from ghana for example.that's all.

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
quote:

Thought Writes:

Lineage is determined by genes not phenotype. Many Tasmanians had kinky hair, many Aborigines do not. Yet in terms of lineage or kinship the Tasmanians and Aborigines are very closely related. Likewise the curly haired Somali and the kinky haired Surma are closely related. Modern science has shattered the outdated racial ideas of the past.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:

so count the folks along with the folks in kenya like the bantu and others,the nilo-saharans folk of sudan and other east african states.you guys seem to only think ethiopia and somalia are the only states in east africa.
how many states are in east africa by the way,do you know?no dummy do not know.
bantu's and nilo saharan are just as east african now as the bantu in southeast nigeria are.

if you have kinky(curly) hair it does not have to be nappy,just use a comb.it could still be curly without being nappy.
does snipes hair look nappy.look at his blade movies it is cut well and he combs like most blacks i know.
you know nothing of black folks hair.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 25 June 2005).]

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
quote:

get some books from chancellor williams.
the fact is that most people marry thier own kind and there is no proof that white enter africa and had wholesale intermarriage with blacks.

Thought Writes:

I don't think that it is a simple either or scenario. The social terms Black and White are not to be confused with scientific terminology. Black and White people have multiple genetic heritages, and yet can logically still be Black or White in a PRIMARY sense.

quote:

whites we in most cases located at the northern coast of africa and another is i am not givig the self haters like amr1 and others room to say every black civilization was created by blacks with some mixture because their so no proof from the works i have read.

Thought Writes:

The AE people can have heterogenous/mixed genetic lineages and still fall within the range of African physical diversity when studying the phenotypes of Africans, Europeans and Asians.

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 25 June 2005).]

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:

Dumb Afrocentrist [b]pure
Blacks(Capoids not counted) only come in really Dark-Brown and Black-Brown Just like europeans only come in White and Olive. [/B]

no they do not,and mandela is mostly bantu.
see i got you because you know nothing about blacks.real blacks could come in lighter shades,or medium shade as well.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Thought Writes:

The AE people can have heterogenous/mixed genetic lineages and still fall within the range of African physical diversity when studying the phenotypes of Africans, Europeans and Asians.

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 25 June 2005).]

but there is no proof that most ancient egyptian blacks had any white mixture,most black egyptian at that time marry blacks,since whites did not make it that far in the old kingdom like they did later more so.i thought we were on the same page,but i guess not.

it is well known by scholars that that there is no proof of widespread racial mixture of whites into the most of africa,that is what amr1 has been saying and i disagree with him.chiekh anta diop and other have said that most folks of mali,congo,kenya,sudan etc etc are still unmixed blacks.

when you say most folks are mix,or have some form of mixture that is true since the other races combined are much larger that the blacks on earth,so of course most would mean,whites,brown,asians together,but for most blacks that is not the case.

even most whites do not have recent black admixture so many could say they are pure,but not pure pure because they come from the black race that came from africa in europe .
get the afican origin of civilization myth or reality,and the destruction of black civilization by chancellor williams and read pages 76,77,74 75,113,115,139,that is the best i recommend for you for now.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
quote:

but there is no proof that most ancient egyptian blacks had any white mixture,

Thought Writes:

I reiterate: The term "White" is social jargon and has no scientific basis. This does not make the term invalid, but this term must be contextualized. The term "mixture" implies multiple GENETIC lineages. There is certainly evidence of SOME Eurasian derived genetic lineages entering Africa via the Nile Valley corridor as early as the Upper Paleolithic. The concept of "Race" is no longer supported by mainstream science, hence "Racial Mixing" is a non-starter. The pre-dynastic and dynastic Egyptians were Black African. Their genetic heritage was PRIMARILY rooted in Sub-Saharan Africa with SOME Eurasian inputs. Having SOME Eurasian inputs does not make one "Mixed Race" nor does it make the Ancient Egyptians anymore hybrid than the ancient Celtic people of northern Europe.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Thought Writes:

I reiterate: The term "White" is social jargon and has no scientific basis. This does not make the term invalid, but this term must be contextualized. The term "mixture" implies multiple GENETIC lineages. There is certainly evidence of SOME Eurasian derived genetic lineages entering Africa via the Nile Valley corridor as early as the Upper Paleolithic. The concept of "Race" is no longer supported by mainstream science, hence "Racial Mixing" is a non-starter. The pre-dynastic and dynastic Egyptians were Black African. Their genetic heritage was PRIMARILY rooted in Sub-Saharan Africa with SOME Eurasian inputs. Having SOME Eurasian inputs does not make one "Mixed Race" nor does it make the Ancient Egyptians anymore hybrid than the ancient Celtic people of northern Europe.

i agree to a point but for the most part most blacks of egypt were free from this mixture and certain scholars have point this out.yes some blacks in egypt were mixed,others had some mixture but what i believe like diop believe in was that the widespread mixture happen late in egypt's history that is the point ausar and others have made on this forum time and time again to amr1 and these arabs and i agree with ausar and others.

Jizan
Member # 7861

Rate Member
quote:
so count the folks along with the folks in kenya like the bantu and others,the nilo-saharans folk of sudan and other east african states.you guys seem to only think ethiopia and somalia are the only states in east africa.
how many states are in east africa by the way,do you know?no dummy do not know.
bantu's and nilo saharan are just as east african now as the bantu in southeast nigeria are.

if you have kinky(curly) hair it does not have to be nappy,just use a comb.it could still be curly without being nappy.
does snipes hair look nappy.look at his blade movies it is cut well and he combs like most blacks i know.
you know nothing of black folks hair.

I was clearly talking about ''The Horn of Africa'' Not East Africa.
And curly hair is not kinky dumbass only nappy hair is kinky.

And wesley snipe's hair looks straight up nappy.

quote:
no they do not,and mandela is mostly bantu.
see i got you because you know nothing about blacks.real blacks could come in lighter shades,or medium shade as well.

No, pure black african people are really dark brown or blackish brown they dont come in all colors that is just a myth. Unless black africans have admixture (from Capoids, North Africans, Arabs etc) They are lighter.

quote:
no she does not seem to have any white
mixture to me even if she looks like she have some so what?looking like you have some is different from having some and some africans are known to be lighter than that with out any mixture dummies,and kinky hair is a east african triat,the masia,dinka,bantu and other nilo saharans do have kinky hair and most others do not have straight hair in east africa.

She's african american like 99,9% of the african americans have white blood.

[This message has been edited by Jizan (edited 25 June 2005).]

bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bandon19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how do u know wesly snipes is mixed lol i dont get u guys some of us are dark and some are light no mixture.

Posts: 188 | From: canton,ma,united states | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
how do you know she has white blood,i do not see any white influence at all.
now if you say because she is not real dark that you know nothing about black folks since we have told you and other for a unknown times now that blacks come in all shades even in all regions of africa.you could be unmixed and still have that skintone.
mandala is around that tone.

Are you kidding me? You don't see any white influence in her blood? I think people like you who are obviously ignorant about Africans are the real obstical when it comes to Africans and anything concerning them. The silly comments from your kind makes the seriuos debaters seem to extreme especially when your type attaches themselves to their league.

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com