EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Selections from the Husia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Selections from the Husia
zulu ra zuri
Member # 7122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zulu ra zuri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Book of Knowing the Creations"
I. Ra's Description Of His
Creation
Thus said Ra, the Lord of All, After he had come into being: I am the one who came into being as Kheper, He who comes into being and brings into being. When I came into being, being itself came into being. Many were the beings that came forth from the commands of my mouth. Heaven had not yet come into being. Nor had earth come into being. Nor had the ground been created or the things which creep and crawl upon it. I raised up beings in the primordal waters as inert things. I found no place on which to stand. I formed it through the desire in my heart; I laid the foundation through Maat. I ceated forms of every kind. Many were the forms which issued forth from the commands of my mouth. Not yet had I established Shu-the power and principle of light and air. Nor sent forth Tefnut-the power and principle of moisture. There existed no one who acted together with me. I conceived it in my own heart. And there came into being a vast number of forms of divine beings as forms of offsprings and forms of their offspings from them......

I came forth from which the plants I created and I created all things which creep and crawl and all that existed among them. Then by the power and principle of moisture, heaven and earth were brought into being, and by earth and heaven Osiris, Horus, Seth, Isis and Nephthys were brought into being from the womb, one after another, and they gave birth to the multitudes in this land.

More to come from The Selections from The Husia "Sacred wisdom of the Ancient Egyptians"
retranslated by Dr. Maulana Karenga

[This message has been edited by zulu (edited 06 July 2005).]

Posts: 104 | From: santa barbara, california usa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com