EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Obsession about South Africa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obsession about South Africa
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice that American people are obsessed by South Africa...Why is that? Europeans are usually more interested in other parts of Africa. However American people, whether Black or White are very interested in South Africa...Oprah Winfrey...or that other guy who had mental problems...I forgot his name...
But it's very insulting to see that attitude for other Africans...for Africans South Africa is like America for Europeans...South Africa is a mix of European culture and African culture...It's not the real Africa....Even when you discuss with Black South Africans, it seems that they are very racist towards white people, which is understandable based on their history, but that contact with a foreign culture changed them psychologically and they lost some part of their African background.
Please don't hesitate to comment....
Relaxx

[This message has been edited by relaxx (edited 16 July 2005).]

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fareed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PEOPLE ARE ATTRACTED TO SUCCESS AND FAME, NOT TO MENTION A GOOD ECONOMIC CLIMATE.

This attraction is UNIVERSAL, regardless of culture. race, color, or creed. This is the very reason, why so many people are attracted to MOVIE STARS and OTHER FAMOUS/POWERFUL PEOPLE.

South Africa is a very good example of what many African Nations, could become in the future, if they would adapt and adopt a more progressive vision and reach out for the stars. True, the success of the country was in large part built on a racist social system that denied many Blacks their rights and freedoms, but you could say the same thing about the United States of America and it is a hugely successful country and the most powerful nation on earth.

What many Africans don't see, is the need for cooperation with the rest of the world, insteading of trying to Re-Invent the Wheel. All the answers for Africa's troubles are already known, but there are very few people willing to stand up and point out that the Emperor Has No Clothes!

Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offense, but what the heck does this gotta do with the forum?

Who in here is obsessed with South Africa?

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 16 July 2005).]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
No offense, but what the heck does this gotta do with the forum?

Who in here is obsessed with South Africa?

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 16 July 2005).]

I was talking about Noth America people's attitude in general toward South Africa....
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
south africa is just as real as any part of africa and the culture is still most african
black south africans still have thier basic culture.

south africa is real africa as any part of africa because the culture is still mostly african and the people.
black south africans still have thier basic culture and language,and some whites went to other places while the black population is still growing 1 million a year.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 25 July 2005).]

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zulu ra zuri
Member # 7122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zulu ra zuri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been my experience that black South Africans and Mozambiqueans treat U.S. blacks like real brothers. They don't come to the U.S. with this superior mentality over us like Nigerians and other West Africans-even though this is where most of us originated. I had a Nigerian teacher in high school who said that I wasn't a real brother because of my skin tone which is no different than East Africans. Oprah's mitochondria dna linked her to the Zulu tribe and Dave Chappelle says he feels like a true African in South Africa. Will Smith and his wife has a home in Mozambique and feels the same way. Ethiopians from my experience are nice people too. Ghana is nice to U.S. blacks too. Actually, Ghana has the largest number of U.S. blacks living there than any other African Country. I do know that when Africans and others go through their screening process at our embassies, they're told not to associate with black Americans. This is what many have told me so maybe that's why some don't like us.

quote:
Originally posted by relaxx:
I notice that American people are obsessed by South Africa...Why is that? Europeans are usually more interested in other parts of Africa. However American people, whether Black or White are very interested in South Africa...Oprah Winfrey...or that other guy who had mental problems...I forgot his name...
But it's very insulting to see that attitude for other Africans...for Africans South Africa is like America for Europeans...South Africa is a mix of European culture and African culture...It's not the real Africa....Even when you discuss with Black South Africans, it seems that they are very racist towards white people, which is understandable based on their history, but that contact with a foreign culture changed them psychologically and they lost some part of their African background.
Please don't hesitate to comment....
Relaxx

[This message has been edited by zulu (edited 25 July 2005).]

Posts: 104 | From: santa barbara, california usa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before Mandela South African blacks had the highest standard of living of any black Africans on the contient. Now they live in an aids infected sewer and their standard of living is down with everyone else.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Before Mandela South African blacks had the highest standard of living of any black Africans on the contient. Now they live in an aids infected sewer and their standard of living is down with everyone else.

Don't you mean they had the highest standard of living BEFORE colonialism? Which only brought poverty, disease, famine and death to indigenous Black South Africans in it's wake.

Do some more research professor.

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom:
Don't you mean they had the highest standard of living BEFORE colonialism? Which only brought poverty, disease, famine and death to indigenous Black South Africans in it's wake.

Do some more research professor.

Don't waste your time, he's the kind of guys who wish that Matin Luther King Jr didn't exist.
Relaxx.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Better to be free and poor than to be oppressed and wealthy.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

except fot the aids problem dummy,the income level of blacks is higher than ever.
The black middle class is more than before and there are more rich blacks in south africa than rich folks in russia.
i do not know where the hell you get you info.south africa is a rich state and most folks there are middle income,but you still have large numbers of poor but as george bush your leader says,there is progress.
growth rate for 2000 to 2004 was about 3.5% or higher. gnp ppp in 2000 was $8,000 something.
in 2003 it was around 10,800 something,had for 2004 it is higher since africa had the highest gnp growth since in 10 years.

In all regions in africa in recent times had really strong growth and southern africa and central africa has the strongest so far.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 26 July 2005).]

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zulu:
It's been my experience that black South Africans and Mozambiqueans treat U.S. blacks like real brothers. They don't come to the U.S. with this superior mentality over us like Nigerians and other West Africans-even though this is where most of us originated. I had a Nigerian teacher in high school who said that I wasn't a real brother because of my skin tone which is no different than East Africans. Oprah's mitochondria dna linked her to the Zulu tribe and Dave Chappelle says he feels like a true African in South Africa. Will Smith and his wife has a home in Mozambique and feels the same way. Ethiopians from my experience are nice people too. Ghana is nice to U.S. blacks too. Actually, Ghana has the largest number of U.S. blacks living there than any other African Country. I do know that when Africans and others go through their screening process at our embassies, they're told not to associate with black Americans. This is what many have told me so maybe that's why some don't like us.

that nigerian teacher needs to know more about africa because most east africans are still dark skin.sudan has some of the darkest blacks in africa.some west africans are brown to light as well.

nigerians are the largest number of africans in the u.s. than folks from ghana
out of the 4 million something recent africans in the u.s. about 3 million something alone are from nigeria and alot of nigerians live in the bronx.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 26 July 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com