EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Is it a Conspiracy to Erase Black History ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it a Conspiracy to Erase Black History ?
suudareus
Member # 1495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for suudareus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you explain to me why are we missing the nose and lips from the photo?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's because white people are jealous and want to lay claim to every great civilization.
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie_Bass
Member # 3897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie_Bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A perfect example of Eurocentric loser is Erroneous E, he couldn't make East Africans one of *HIS* people, now he's trying to make them non-African in his own subtle ways. With each new discovery we are learning that Black History and in particular African history, has a lot more to offer than just the standard filler you see in school textbooks.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using the principles of forensics, when we see that more than one occurence of a thing (in this case missing noses from such monuments) it can only be ascertained that the missing appendage was purposely destroyed to prevent the observer from seeing the true nature of the object in question.

It is surprising that even the well known European anthropologists et al, have even discounted this observation. They all claim it is due to erosion over the centuries!
So much for impartial analyses.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is rather doubtful that these artifacts were destroyed to hide racial features and it is also doubtful that it was done by Europeans. First of all, the nose of the average ancient Egyptian is not a racially discernable feature. Does a narrow nose make one non-Negroid or not Black? If that was the case then most East Africans are not Black since the narrow nasal and high bridge of East African people are common amongst these people. We don't need to look at sculptures we need only look at Ethiopians to see that the features are common.

I think the question everyone in this forum has to ask is this: how useful is the concept of race? When you think of race in a useful sense what does it imply?

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only postulate what is implicitely seen.
It is interesting that only that facial feature is destroyed!
1. Top second from left is clearly non-european.
2. Second row, first image also.

The others may appear to be a mixture of african and other groups specifically undetermined at this time.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Giza-Rider:
That is a good question, because why would anyone destroy the most CAUCASOID features of these Ancient Egyptian statues? As a matter of fact, the very reason the people of AE are labelled Caucasoid is because of their facial features and long hair.

Could this be just natural erosion of the most prominent extended parts of the sculptures?

[This message has been edited by Giza-Rider (edited 06 September 2005).]

I think alot of the damage was intentional, I just doubt it was racially motivated. I am sure there were incidents of racially motivated defacing but enlarge I imagine it was for a political and religious reason.

[This message has been edited by osirion (edited 06 September 2005).]

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I only postulate what is implicitely seen.
It is interesting that only that facial feature is destroyed!
1. Top second from left is clearly non-european.
2. Second row, first image also.
The others may appear to be a mixture of african and other groups specifically undetermined at this time.

Yaz, I agree with you but take it from Kaiso - they're all non-european if you know what I mean.

Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Giza rider said:

quote:
That is a good question, because why would anyone destroy the most CAUCASOID features of these Ancient Egyptian statues? As a matter of fact, the very reason the people of AE are labelled Caucasoid is because of their facial features and long hair

Most anthropologist don't make judgements of populations from looking at sculpture.This is done from looking at skeletal remains. Egypt is mainly studied from pre-dyanstic to dyanstic periods.

There have been deliberate attempts documented by even Egyptologist to make fakes that look more European. See the following:

. The ?Tetisheri? statue was first suspected to be a forgery in 1984 by Mr. W.V. Davies, Keeper of Egyptian Antiquities at the British Museum. See Davies, British Museum Occasional Paper (no. 36, 1984).

What appears to be long hair in ancient Egyptian artwork is really wigs. Ancient Egyptians usually shaved their hair and wore wigs. Most other scenes show males with short cropped hair. Females even shaved their head in ancient Egypt and wore wigs. Some instances we see

See the following examples:

Hesi-Re with wig

Hesi-Re wearing natural hair:

The hair which partially obscures the top of the ear is a unique detail, possibly indicating the hair is not a wig at all!
Image: TIRADRITTI, F. Egyptian Treasures from the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. 1999

quote:
Could this be just natural erosion of the most prominent extended parts of the sculptures?

Most likely much of the damage of ancient Egyptian artwork and temples were done either by Coptic Christians during the 4th century AD or Arab Muslims during the Medieval period in Egypt. Both parties destroyed the artifacts because they represented the non-Christian or non-Isolamic past of Egypt.

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 06 September 2005).]

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.catchpenny.org/race.html
Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Calypso,

are you familiar with Fyzabad, Barrackpore, or Princess Town?

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this thread is the height of ignorance. That some scholar would alter a piece of art for racial purposes is insanity, literally. we have some serious mental illness going on here.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yazid904:
Calypso,
are you familiar with Fyzabad, Barrackpore, or Princess Town?

Allegiance to Barataria and San Juan of old. Fan of commentary by Rafik Shah.

Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
this thread is the height of ignorance. That some scholar would alter a piece of art for racial purposes is insanity, literally. we have some serious mental illness going on here.

Actually it does appear like that to the casual observer. Face it Hor, your people have a lot of work to do to make people trust them. Some serious racial atrocities commited by Europeans. I don't blame Blacks one bit for thinking you guys are robbing them of their history in order to promote White Supremacy.

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whites don't even think about them osirion, never mention them. There is no conspiracy because in most white communities they are not an issue. i'm not being ugly saying that, its just the way it is. Many blacks think whites sit around and think of ways to oppress them when in fact they are indifferent.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
kaiso,

trini for ever!

hoda hafez

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now back to the original subject.

[This message has been edited by Serpent Wizdom (edited 07 September 2005).]

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Whites don't even think about them osirion, never mention them. There is no conspiracy because in most white communities they are not an issue. i'm not being ugly saying that, its just the way it is. Many blacks think whites sit around and think of ways to oppress them when in fact they are indifferent.

The Nazi occult that threatened to return Europe back to its barbaric pagan past by riding it of Jewish religious beliefs (Christianity), was certainly an example of a conspiracy. That occult was so widely spread and taught that even though the term Nazi is a term used in contempt, the belief systems are still with us today.

To some history as it is written is the truth, to others it is popular beliefs that were recorded and therefore are suspect, and to others it is a conspiracy.

I suspect.

Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Yaz,

Here's to Diwali, j'ouvert, hosay and to a repast of cascadura.

Hoda Hafez

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Its just stupidity guys, if white scholars were going to distort Egypt why not mali and the others? Its just more victim crap...poor poor down trodden blacks run over by the evil white man....pure nonsense. Its all alot of you guys know how to do.
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its just stupidity guys, if white scholars were going to distort Egypt why not Mali and the others?

Others? Egypt, Mali and other Black civilisations you mean? Whoops.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Its just stupidity guys, if white scholars were going to distort Egypt why not mali and the others? Its just more victim crap...poor poor down trodden blacks run over by the evil white man....pure nonsense. Its all alot of you guys know how to do.

Interesting, I believe you are just ignorant. I am not trying to insult you but what you are saying is very ignorant. If you know anything about African histroy you would be aware of the distortions that have been proven wrong.

Example: Great Zimbabwe. Believed at one time to be a Phoenecian empire by so called European scholars. Then later it became thought of as the mines of King Solomon. It is only recently that scholars have accepted and proven that it was built by Black Africans. There was a great deal of effort to hide evidence the Black Africans built Zimbabwe. The efforts are documented by other European scholars. So, the fact is that White Scholars have in the past, due to their prejudice, ignored the evidence and made up their own.

You are either ignorant or in denial.

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
baloney....don't flatter yourself. They did not distort anything. There were some mistakes made for sure but you have to keep in mind that scholarship in those areas was new and we did not have the tools we have today. Some of you guys just don't get it...race is vastly more imortant to you as an issue than it is to them.
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
baloney....don't flatter yourself. They did not distort anything. There were some mistakes made for sure but you have to keep in mind that scholarship in those areas was new and we did not have the tools we have today. Some of you guys just don't get it...race is vastly more imortant to you as an issue than it is to them.

Those so called mistakes is what is at question. The mistakes were made because of prejudice against black Africans. The result was a distorted view of history that was documented by scholars.

As far as whites not making a big deal about race: remember I am a Jew you ARSE. Don't tell me that Europeans don't care about RACE! What kind of stupid idiot are you anyways to say something stupid like THAT! You guys make a HUGE deal out of race more so than any other group of people in HISTORY!

What a shmuck.

Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yazid904:
kaiso,

trini for ever!

hoda hafez

You trini? Trini to de bone?...LOL
Hello fellow west indian/caribbean!

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
quote:
Keins:
You trini? Trini to de bone?...LOL
Hello fellow west indian/caribbean!

Both Yazid904 and I are guilty as charged. Greetings fellow Islander or Guyanese

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Keins,

Trini does turn up in strange places!
laterz

Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Yaz,

Did you ever read any of the works of Anthony De Verteuil? If so do you have any thoughts?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regardless of whether or not there was a conspiracy in the defacement of these statues, one thing remains clear:

Even though interpreting a people's 'racial' or ethnic idenity through artistic depictions is highly subjective, the art definitely shows a people who appear African with African features.

old Hore says: "This is very much like the AE art fraud that goes on here. We show the art that might pass for African and ignore all of that which would not..."

In my research I have seen countless ancient Egyptian works of art (thousands, really) and I'd say close to 90% look pretty African.

It seems the only who enjoys spinning threads of lies is people like Hore. But we all know he is just tangled up!

Posts: 26243 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti, you're right. i mean, if you were to go across the world with pictures of Ancient Egyptians, 90% or more of it will match the look of present day Ethiopians, Somalis, and Kenyans (and like Upper Egyptians), but rarely will you find a caucasian with a matching appearance.
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
It is real simple, compare Greek and Roman art to Egyptian. And then reflect on the fact that Italians and Greeks are not pure Caucasian. Morphologically speaking, Greeks cluster closer to Africans than they do Northwestern Europeans; ha ha, using EvilE map against him. ;-)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com