EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Exiled Egyptians

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exiled Egyptians
tdogg
Member # 7449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone read this book? What are your thoughts?

Exiled Egyptians: The Heart of Africa by Moustafa Gadalla

quote:

Book Description
Read a concise and comprehensive historical account of Egypt for the last 3,000 years. Read about the forgotten Ancient Egyptians, who fled the foreign invasions and religious oppressors. Read how they rebuilt the Ancient Egyptians model system in Africa, when Egypt itself became an Arab colony. Read about the Ancient Egyptians' social, economical, and political systems, and their extended application into sub-Sahara Africa. Find out how the Islamic jihads fragmented and dispersed the African continent into endless misery and chaos. Discover the true causes and dynamics of African slavery.

[This message has been edited by tdogg (edited 05 September 2005).]

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yes, I have read the book. Make some interesting points but uses the Hamitic hypothesis to explain the formation of complex socieites within Western Africa. Gadalla believes that Western Africans were assisted by wandering Egyptians that fled Greeks,Romans and Arabs.

Check the bibliography and you will see he uses outdated sources for African archaeology and history. Many new findings have shaped the foundation of Western African history.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdogg
Member # 7449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Yes, I have read the book. Make some interesting points but uses the Hamitic hypothesis to explain the formation of complex socieites within Western Africa. Gadalla believes that Western Africans were assisted by wandering Egyptians that fled Greeks,Romans and Arabs.

Check the bibliography and you will see he uses outdated sources for African archaeology and history. Many new findings have shaped the foundation of Western African history.

Do you think it's worth the read? Is there another book you'd recommend on the topic?

Thanks

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The book is worth reading,and makes interesting points. When one reads the book certain precautions might be needed. Most people reading Exiled Egyptians might not know alot about Western African archaeology or history,and I would recommend reading alot about Western Africa from a archaeological perpective.

I don't know of too many books written that discuss Gadalla's hypothesis of Egyptians migrating into Western Africa. Most other books give a brief mention but Gadalla's book covers the entire hypothesis.

Anyway, I recommend you also read the following book along with Gadalla's book:

Share your own customer images
Look inside this book
The Religion of the Yorubas (Paperback)
by J. Olumide Lucas

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought Writes:

It is of interest that Gadalla overlooks the Garamantian Empire which was highly influenced by AE AND held cultural sway as far south as northern Nigeria.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com