EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Leba and anybody else:personal beef

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leba and anybody else:personal beef
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If you got beef with somebody on another messageboard then please don't bring it to EgyptSearch. Whatever drama you have with a certain poster please keep it there.

Leba, I don't mind you expressing your opinions but tone down the personal insults. The same also applies to others. You have been warned and another incident you will be banned.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leba
Member # 8668

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come people are allowed to post pictures like these?
http://www.northernalliance.ca/photogallery/SOMALIANS.JPG

But if i attack back i get all kinds of warnings

[This message has been edited by leba (edited 12 September 2005).]

Posts: 267 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie_Bass
Member # 3897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie_Bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leba:
How come people are allowed to post pictures like these?
http://www.northernalliance.ca/photogallery/SOMALIANS.JPG

But if i attack back i get all kinds of warnings

[This message has been edited by leba (edited 12 September 2005).]

Just leave if you don't like it here. This isn't RAS, this is for mature people, you have contributed nothing.

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Ausar.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Leba, that was not only adressed to you,but also to Osirion.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
COBRA
Member # 7318

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for COBRA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come on people........cool it.
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find all this so amusing. Is Leba real Somali or is he/she just a fake provocateur.

Rantings about which Africans are more like primates is so inconsequential when even the historical initiators of this debate--the Europeans--have been shown to carry primate features too.

I remember some years ago in France I had a heated discussion with a French student on the human races. I remember him saying that his Somali dormitory roomate at "Antony"--where students resided reminded him of an Organ Grinder monkey. I asked him why. He said that the Somali student's "front bombe'"--i.e. "round, protruding forehead", small head, and weak chin reminded him of that kind of monkey. I was angered at the time. But when you think about it there is indeed that resemblance given that some monkeys do indeed have "slim noses" and thin lips set on small rounded heads. I guess Mother Nature is a big joker and prankster when you think of the many ways she surprises us.

Leba should know that in the final anlysis being East African "Bantu" or "Nilote" didn't matter to the European colonialists. The Italian description of the Ethiopians--it's all there in their reports-- was shockingly racist. Similarly The British had no qualms about gassing and machine-gunning from the air resistance fighters like Mohammed of Somalia whom the British dubbed as "The Mad Mullah of Somaliland".

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
I find all this so amusing. Is Leba real Somali or is he/she just a fake provocateur.

Rantings about which Africans are more like primates is so inconsequential when even the historical initiators of this debate--the Europeans--have been shown to carry primate features too.

I remember some years ago in France I had a heated discussion with a French student on the human races. I remember him saying that his Somali dormitory roomate at "Antony"--where students resided reminded him of an Organ Grinder monkey. I asked him why. He said that the Somali student's "front bombe'"--i.e. "round, protruding forehead", small head, and weak chin reminded him of that kind of monkey. I was angered at the time. But when you think about it there is indeed that resemblance given that some monkeys do indeed have "slim noses" and thin lips set on small rounded heads. I guess Mother Nature is a big joker and prankster when you think of the many ways she surprises us.

Leba should know that in the final anlysis being East African "Bantu" or "Nilote" didn't matter to the European colonialists. The Italian description of the Ethiopians--it's all there in their reports-- was shockingly racist. Similarly The British had no qualms about gassing and machine-gunning from the air resistance fighters like Mohammed of Somalia whom the British dubbed as "The Mad Mullah of Somaliland".

Somalis are primates
LOL......dont make me crap my pants (sarcasim!!!) ;8

great personal attack on leba...was it ment for the public...

By the way ur mistaken since the british bombed Darwish land =Dhulbhanta land

dont expect u to know that...

for the reason they would not have controll airspace ect.. over that land..

50,00 Dhulbanta (tribe) died......resistance of colonial power ...great Example....

lamin u really know crap for all... and i dont expect u to understand or comprhend the role these western colonial superpowers played in somalia......

Which is obvious today!!!

Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Leba,
You have been warned and another incident you will be banned.

?? When ??

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 13 September 2005).]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Leba, that was not only adressed to you,but also to Osirion.

I see nothing wrong with stating a fact about general perceptions people have of a group of people. I do however see issue with someone using racial epitephs and calling people apes. Especially calling people of their own race apes, I don't really understand the logic. However, nothing I said was based on my personal feelings towards Somalians or any other group. I have no personal issues with anyone; except, I might be hard on Islam in general but no one is complaining much about that.

[This message has been edited by osirion (edited 13 September 2005).]

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com