EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » this is my last post here

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this is my last post here
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i am leaving because a lot of you apparently have a problem with me. i enjoyed posting here and i truthfully came here with an open mind, ready to take in all of the things everyone said and then decided what i thought was true. but a lot of you, particularly other Egyptians, had a problem with me for my beliefs and opinions and apparently really upset me. seriously, you're going to think i am sad and pathetic for crying over what people say on a message board, but i don't have very good friends in real life so i sort of looked at you guys as internet friends. so starting with the people i talked to, i will say bye.

Djehuti

you're probably the person here that i think has the most common sense and general open mind, i enjoyed reading your posts and talking to you. but i don't think you really gave a **** about what i said but i didn't feel the same way. but i do think you should become an Egyptologist because you do know a lot about Egypt and you have a good way of disproving Eurocentrists who apparently have no basis for what they say. bye, i learned a lot from you.

Giza_Rider, you are a dumbass and a troll and it's people like you that bring shame to Egyptians all over. you are seriously the most stupid poster i have ever known here, and i seriously think you need mental help. again, bye.

rasol

i pretty much agree with everything you say, and it's too bad we don't have more people like you here. :wave:

and finally, ausar.

i never had a problem with you, and i basically considered you a walking encyclopedia. but today, i certainly was offended that you would doubt i was Egyptian just because i asked about Kwanzaa. it honestly was rude of you to doubt if i was Egyptian because of that, but you don't know me and never will, so i could be a mutant alien for all you know. but anyway, i will miss posting here and i will remember what i have learned from you so i can increase my knowledge. bye.

i won't be reading your responses but i hope you guys don't consider me a worthless retard. bye.

Makayla

[This message has been edited by walklikeanegyptian (edited 23 September 2005).]

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I didn't mean to offend you. I really wish you would not leave,but I am not forcing you to stay. It's really your choice. Nobody here thinks badly of you. Infact, I think you are a good contribution to this forum. This forum needs people from all perpectives.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:
ok, i am leaving because a lot of you apparently have a problem with me. i enjoyed posting here and i truthfully came here with an open mind, ready to take in all of the things everyone said and then decided what i thought was true. but a lot of you, particularly other Egyptians, had a problem with me for my beliefs and opinions and apparently really upset me. seriously, you're going to think i am sad and pathetic for crying over what people say on a message board, but i don't have very good friends in real life so i sort of looked at you guys as internet friends. so starting with the people i talked to, i will say bye.

Djehuti

you're probably the person here that i think has the most common sense and general open mind, i enjoyed reading your posts and talking to you. but i don't think you really gave a **** about what i said but i didn't feel the same way. but i do think you should become an Egyptologist because you do know a lot about Egypt and you have a good way of disproving Eurocentrists who apparently have no basis for what they say. bye, i learned a lot from you.

Giza_Rider, you are a dumbass and a troll and it's people like you that bring shame to Egyptians all over. you are seriously the most stupid poster i have ever known here, and i seriously think you need mental help. again, bye.

rasol

i pretty much agree with everything you say, and it's too bad we don't have more people like you here. :wave:

and finally, ausar.

i never had a problem with you, and i basically considered you a walking encyclopedia. but today, i certainly was offended that you would doubt i was Egyptian just because i asked about Kwanzaa. it honestly was rude of you to doubt if i was Egyptian because of that, but you don't know me and never will, so i could be a mutant alien for all you know. but anyway, i will miss posting here and i will remember what i have learned from you so i can increase my knowledge. bye.

i won't be reading your responses but i hope you guys don't consider me a worthless retard. bye.

Makayla

[This message has been edited by walklikeanegyptian (edited 23 September 2005).]

Oh, Makayla, I know you said you wouldn't be reading these, but I hope you don't leave.

This is a topic I don't know much about, and was pleasantly surprised to see your perspective on things, especially because you are so articulate (especially for a 13 year old) *Meeting* people like you makes me wish I had a daughter......

E-mail me some time if you want....

Take good care.

[This message has been edited by Snoozin (edited 07 October 2005).]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so sorry to post again, but i forgot two goodbyes.

multisphinx, i enjoyed talking to you because we shared a lot of the same opinions and we agreed on a lot of things. you had a lot of sensible things to add to the conversations and i will miss talking to you.

Snoozin, thanks for your kind words. i enjoyed talking to you as well and i am happy i met you here. you're the one with the Egyptian boyfriend, right? good luck and i hope all is well.

i am sorry, i don't think that this site is really what i need. being called a wannabe Egyptian is hard enough in real life, let alone on a message board.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You probably won't reply, having posted your last comments, but Walklikeanegyptian, you might want to try this site:
http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=thenile

While disagreements will still occur, the tone is much more civil. Insecure sites like this will always attract illiterate reactionaries, who can't stand on logic, reasoning or facts alone!

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:
You probably won't reply, having posted your last comments, but Walklikeanegyptian, you might want to try this site:
http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=thenile

While disagreements will still occur, the tone is much more civil. Insecure sites like this will always attract illiterate reactionaries, who can't stand on logic, reasoning or facts alone!

Thanks Mystery Solver (or Supercar?)I wanted to post something similar: Walklikeanegyptian, go to http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=thenile, and you'll find less garbage than on Egyptsearch.
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
u guys, makayla will be back, trust me. i have known her all my life. we are blood relatives, and we are a lot alike.
Giza-Rider
Member # 8789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giza-Rider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
//

Posts: 380 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com