EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Leba: Somalis are not white men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leba: Somalis are not white men
Charlie_Bass
Member # 3897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie_Bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b//hotzone/blogs999

Cactus and Bitterness Grow Where American Chopper Was Downed

She lived here once, in a house behind this pitted dirt alleyway. But now, Maria Osman cannot bear to raise her head as she walks past.

This is, after all, the place where her already difficult life slipped the last few notches into misery, the place where pain can last a dozen years without pause. The place, she says, where an American Black Hawk helicopter fell from the sky and crushed her three-year-old daughter.

"There was not enough of her left to bury," she says, nervously covering her mouth with the end of her hejab (a traditional Muslim head scarf).

When American forces tried to protect the fallen chopper, gunfire broke out and Maria, still nearby the crash site, was hit. It took her two and half years to recover from the wound.

She pulls back the material covering her right arm to show me a brown, leathery roadmap of scar tissue that runs from above her wrist to below her shoulder. The arm is nearly worthless, Maria says, useful now only as another reminder of that day.

That day, Oct. 3, 1993, became known as the Battle of Mogadishu, when an American mission against Somali warlord Mohammed Farrah Aidid went terribly wrong.

The Somalis shot down not one but two Black Hawks that day -- one of them, call sign Super Six One, would change Maria Osman's life forever.

"I hate them"

"I hate the Americans," she says, her eyes maintaining their empty sadness rather than shifting to anger. "I hate them for what happened to my daughter. If I saw one I would cut them up into so many pieces."

The crowd that has gathered around us laughs, but some begin to eye me suspiciously.

Most of those who live here are part of the Habr Gedir clan -- connected by blood to Aidid.

Maria and her husband have three more children, she says, but both parents are jobless so they can't always afford to feed them.

"I have no hope," she says, eyes downcast. "No hope for Somalia."

Homemade barbed wire

I wander over to the exact spot where the chopper came down. Over the years, locals snatched up most of the wreckage as souvenirs. But a small bit of Black Hawk Super Six One is still here.

Through my camera's viewfinder I can just make out some twisted fuselage under a dense thicket of cactus. Someone tells me the cactus was planted as a kind of homemade barbed wire, to preserve the memory by keeping people from carrying away what was left of the Black Hawk.

For many here, it's a memory that hardly seems ready to fade.

When the film "Black Hawk Down" premiered here in 2002, thousands went to see it. Going to a movie is easy for even the poorest of the poor here -- it costs only a penny.

Many were angered by the film, calling it propaganda that focused on the 18 Americans killed and 73 wounded in the 15-hour battle, when an estimated 600 Somalis were also killed.

And now they have learned the battle has been turned into a game for Xbox and PlayStation2, making a mockery they say, of a real-life tragedy.

Another woman in the crowd shouts that she lost four family members in the fighting that day, including a child. This seems to agitate the crowd of 50 or so people.

"Why did you bring a white man here?" one of them demands from Duguf, my interpreter. While I continue to videotape, Duguf taps me on the shoulder and nods toward the truck. We make haste just as fingers begin to point and voices grow louder and angrier.

Welcome to Somalia

When my plane landed in Somalia on a remote airstrip 100 kilometers from Mogadishu earlier that day, I felt some of the same trepidation I felt before entering Afghanistan in late September 2001 after the 9/11 attacks.

Somalia is a failed nation-state, as still-teetering Afghanistan once was. For the past 14 years it has existed without a central government.

Although I have never covered Somalia, I had heard enough stories from colleagues about it. It's a place where human life has little meaning, where feuding clan militias, juiced up on khat (a chewable stimulant herb), roar down dusty backstreets in "technicals" (pickup trucks modified with anti-aircraft or machine guns mounted on the bed).

Despite Somalia's reputation, my trip here is easy enough, a regularly scheduled African Express Airways DC-9 flight landing on an airstrip in the middle of nowhere.

As soon as I exit the plane, Duguf, my fixer (local guide and translator), is waiting to greet me. I hired him over the Internet.

Duguf is famous in Somalia. A cameraman and stringer on retainer for Associated Press Television News (APTN), he makes a good living fixing for foreign journalists.

We leave the airstrip and stop near a shack on the roadside where eight heavily armed men hop in the back of Duguf's pickup truck.

Two of them have Russian-made RPK machine guns and bullet rounds worn bandolier-style around their bodies. The others are armed with the most popular assault rifle in the world, the AK-47, and are chock-a-block with extra magazines of ammo. They are dressed in a mix of Gulf War-era U.S. Army "chocolate chip" desert fatigues, T-shirts and counterfeit adidas tracksuits made in China.

Security team

This is my security team, essential for any outsider doing any kind of business in Somalia. Duguf put together a squad from different clans. That way, regardless of who they pass on the streets, they might be able to talk instead of shoot. Duguf pays his men with money, but some warlords pay their men in khat.

In Somalia a show of force is the only way to get from one block to another without getting shaken down for cash by other heavily armed gunmen at ad hoc roadblocks.

One warlord, Duguf tells me, bragged that he was making the equivalent of $40,000 a day in Somalia by operating dozens of roadblocks throughout the area. Even empty passenger buses must pay between $4 and $6 at each blockade, a fortune in a country where the average annual income is only $600 (according to 2004 CIA estimates).

When we arrive in the capital of Mogadishu I feel a twinge of deja vu. The city has the familiar patina of Third World poverty: dirt streets covered in garbage with corrugated metal shacks on each side where vendors sell anything they can get their hands on, from meat to brightly colored pillows. From a nearby mosque streams the sound of afternoon prayers being broadcast over a battered public address system.

Somalia's population of about 10 million -- 2.5 million in Mogadishu -- is predominantly Muslim.

Dead soldier dragged through the streets

So much of what many Americans, including myself, know about Somalia comes from watching news coverage of the aftermath of the Battle of Mogadishu, and the chilling image of Somalis dragging a dead American soldier through the streets.

It was a seminal moment for Americans who collectively shook their heads and wondered how Operation Restore Hope, a joint humanitarian effort to protect United Nations relief supplies from falling into the hands of warlords, degenerated into bloody combat.

Historians say the key moment was when the mission shifted from protecting food supplies to capturing Aidid.

A major misstep in the operation, acknowledged even in the U.N.'s own independent inquiry, was a United States-led attack on what was believed to be a safe house in Mogadishu where members of Aidid's Habr Gedir clan were supposedly meeting to plan more violence against U.S. and U.N. forces.

In reality, elders of the clan, not gunmen, were meeting in the house. According to U.N. officials, the agenda (which was advertised in the local newspaper) was to discuss ways to peacefully resolve the conflict between Aidid and the multinational task force in Somalia, and perhaps even to remove Aidid as leader of the clan.

17-minute combat mission

What eventually took place on July 12, 1993, was a 17-minute combat operation in which U.S. Cobra attack helicopters fired 16 TOW missiles and thousands of 20-millimeter cannon rounds into the compound.

When the operation was over and the smoke had cleared, more than 50 of the clan elders, the oldest and most respected in their community, were dead. Many here agree that was the turning point in unifying Somalians against the U.S. and U.N. efforts here.

It would also lead to the deaths of four journalists, killed by angry Somali mobs when they arrived to cover the incident.

Concrete block of Swiss cheese

Duguf takes me back to the house where the elders had been meeting. Twelve years later, it is still standing but is nothing more than a concrete block of Swiss cheese. Large blast holes pock most of the walls, and pieces of metal rebar poke through the concrete. The back staircase is completely blown apart.

"That was to prevent (the elders) from escaping," Duguf says. "It was the first thing (the helicopters) shot at."

A family of squatters now occupies the building. A man is cutting his hair in the front yard while children play in the ruins.

He tells me, "We live here because we don't have the money for anything else."

Inside the building, where there was once so much death, there are now signs of life: charcoal cooking fires, pots and bowls, sleeping mats. On a wall in the front room the date 12.06.93 is written, and beside it, in Somali, the word "Remember."

Back outside, Duguf takes me to an intersection on the street.

"This is where Dan Eldon died"

"This is where Dan Eldon died," he says, pointing to the ground.

Eldon was a promising 22-year-old Reuters photographer who had spent much of his life in Africa. He also was a talented artist who made elaborate collages of his photographs and whatever scraps, wrapper, matchbooks or other images he could gather up. After Dan's death his mother turned them into a book, "The Journey is the Destination."

Eldon was clubbed and stabbed to death by Somalis enraged at the bloody carnage inside the destroyed house. Journalists Hos Maina, Hansi Kraus and Anthony Macharia also were killed.

Ironically, one who survived, but just barely, was the journalist who got to the site first, my friend and colleague Scott Peterson.

Duguf had been working for Scott as a driver at the time, and when Scott arrived on the scene after witnessing the attack from the roof of a local hotel, the crowd immediately surrounded him and began beating him.

He emptied his camera bag to the outstretched hands, trying to buy time, but then someone in the crowd struck him on the head with a machete.

According to Scott's account in his book "Me Against My Brother," Duguf shot the man with the machete with his 9-millimeter Beretta, then bundled Scott into the car and took him back to the hotel. Scott lived, but the attack reflected the anger and brutality of the crowd.

Cactus needles

Duguf tells me from that day forward a kind of blind, raging anger built up in Somalis, culminating in the Battle of Mogadishu three months later in which 18 American soldiers and as many as 600 Somalis died.

This October, 12 years will have passed since that ill-fated battle. Time has done little to blunt feelings here though, especially among Maria Osman and her neighbors. Their anger now seems as sharp and unforgiving as the cactus needles that protect the memory and remains of Black Hawk Super Six One.

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omugabe
Member # 9060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omugabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Hawk Down is an excellent war movie. Very sad, but also inspiring.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Bass:
http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b//hotzone/blogs999

Cactus and Bitterness Grow Where American Chopper Was Downed

She lived here once, in a house behind this pitted dirt alleyway. But now, Maria Osman cannot bear to raise her head as she walks past.

This is, after all, the place where her already difficult life slipped the last few notches into misery, the place where pain can last a dozen years without pause. The place, she says, where an American Black Hawk helicopter fell from the sky and crushed her three-year-old daughter.

"There was not enough of her left to bury," she says, nervously covering her mouth with the end of her hejab (a traditional Muslim head scarf).

When American forces tried to protect the fallen chopper, gunfire broke out and Maria, still nearby the crash site, was hit. It took her two and half years to recover from the wound.

She pulls back the material covering her right arm to show me a brown, leathery roadmap of scar tissue that runs from above her wrist to below her shoulder. The arm is nearly worthless, Maria says, useful now only as another reminder of that day.

That day, Oct. 3, 1993, became known as the Battle of Mogadishu, when an American mission against Somali warlord Mohammed Farrah Aidid went terribly wrong.

The Somalis shot down not one but two Black Hawks that day -- one of them, call sign Super Six One, would change Maria Osman's life forever.

"I hate them"

"I hate the Americans," she says, her eyes maintaining their empty sadness rather than shifting to anger. "I hate them for what happened to my daughter. If I saw one I would cut them up into so many pieces."

The crowd that has gathered around us laughs, but some begin to eye me suspiciously.

Most of those who live here are part of the Habr Gedir clan -- connected by blood to Aidid.

Maria and her husband have three more children, she says, but both parents are jobless so they can't always afford to feed them.

"I have no hope," she says, eyes downcast. "No hope for Somalia."

Homemade barbed wire

I wander over to the exact spot where the chopper came down. Over the years, locals snatched up most of the wreckage as souvenirs. But a small bit of Black Hawk Super Six One is still here.

Through my camera's viewfinder I can just make out some twisted fuselage under a dense thicket of cactus. Someone tells me the cactus was planted as a kind of homemade barbed wire, to preserve the memory by keeping people from carrying away what was left of the Black Hawk.

For many here, it's a memory that hardly seems ready to fade.

When the film "Black Hawk Down" premiered here in 2002, thousands went to see it. Going to a movie is easy for even the poorest of the poor here -- it costs only a penny.

Many were angered by the film, calling it propaganda that focused on the 18 Americans killed and 73 wounded in the 15-hour battle, when an estimated 600 Somalis were also killed.

And now they have learned the battle has been turned into a game for Xbox and PlayStation2, making a mockery they say, of a real-life tragedy.

Another woman in the crowd shouts that she lost four family members in the fighting that day, including a child. This seems to agitate the crowd of 50 or so people.

[b]"Why did you bring a white man here?" one of them demands from Duguf, my interpreter. While I continue to videotape, Duguf taps me on the shoulder and nods toward the truck. We make haste just as fingers begin to point and voices grow louder and angrier.

Welcome to Somalia

When my plane landed in Somalia on a remote airstrip 100 kilometers from Mogadishu earlier that day, I felt some of the same trepidation I felt before entering Afghanistan in late September 2001 after the 9/11 attacks.

Somalia is a failed nation-state, as still-teetering Afghanistan once was. For the past 14 years it has existed without a central government.

Although I have never covered Somalia, I had heard enough stories from colleagues about it. It's a place where human life has little meaning, where feuding clan militias, juiced up on khat (a chewable stimulant herb), roar down dusty backstreets in "technicals" (pickup trucks modified with anti-aircraft or machine guns mounted on the bed).

Despite Somalia's reputation, my trip here is easy enough, a regularly scheduled African Express Airways DC-9 flight landing on an airstrip in the middle of nowhere.

As soon as I exit the plane, Duguf, my fixer (local guide and translator), is waiting to greet me. I hired him over the Internet.

Duguf is famous in Somalia. A cameraman and stringer on retainer for Associated Press Television News (APTN), he makes a good living fixing for foreign journalists.

We leave the airstrip and stop near a shack on the roadside where eight heavily armed men hop in the back of Duguf's pickup truck.

Two of them have Russian-made RPK machine guns and bullet rounds worn bandolier-style around their bodies. The others are armed with the most popular assault rifle in the world, the AK-47, and are chock-a-block with extra magazines of ammo. They are dressed in a mix of Gulf War-era U.S. Army "chocolate chip" desert fatigues, T-shirts and counterfeit adidas tracksuits made in China.

Security team

This is my security team, essential for any outsider doing any kind of business in Somalia. Duguf put together a squad from different clans. That way, regardless of who they pass on the streets, they might be able to talk instead of shoot. Duguf pays his men with money, but some warlords pay their men in khat.

In Somalia a show of force is the only way to get from one block to another without getting shaken down for cash by other heavily armed gunmen at ad hoc roadblocks.

One warlord, Duguf tells me, bragged that he was making the equivalent of $40,000 a day in Somalia by operating dozens of roadblocks throughout the area. Even empty passenger buses must pay between $4 and $6 at each blockade, a fortune in a country where the average annual income is only $600 (according to 2004 CIA estimates).

When we arrive in the capital of Mogadishu I feel a twinge of deja vu. The city has the familiar patina of Third World poverty: dirt streets covered in garbage with corrugated metal shacks on each side where vendors sell anything they can get their hands on, from meat to brightly colored pillows. From a nearby mosque streams the sound of afternoon prayers being broadcast over a battered public address system.

Somalia's population of about 10 million -- 2.5 million in Mogadishu -- is predominantly Muslim.

Dead soldier dragged through the streets

So much of what many Americans, including myself, know about Somalia comes from watching news coverage of the aftermath of the Battle of Mogadishu, and the chilling image of Somalis dragging a dead American soldier through the streets.

It was a seminal moment for Americans who collectively shook their heads and wondered how Operation Restore Hope, a joint humanitarian effort to protect United Nations relief supplies from falling into the hands of warlords, degenerated into bloody combat.

Historians say the key moment was when the mission shifted from protecting food supplies to capturing Aidid.

A major misstep in the operation, acknowledged even in the U.N.'s own independent inquiry, was a United States-led attack on what was believed to be a safe house in Mogadishu where members of Aidid's Habr Gedir clan were supposedly meeting to plan more violence against U.S. and U.N. forces.

In reality, elders of the clan, not gunmen, were meeting in the house. According to U.N. officials, the agenda (which was advertised in the local newspaper) was to discuss ways to peacefully resolve the conflict between Aidid and the multinational task force in Somalia, and perhaps even to remove Aidid as leader of the clan.

17-minute combat mission

What eventually took place on July 12, 1993, was a 17-minute combat operation in which U.S. Cobra attack helicopters fired 16 TOW missiles and thousands of 20-millimeter cannon rounds into the compound.

When the operation was over and the smoke had cleared, more than 50 of the clan elders, the oldest and most respected in their community, were dead. Many here agree that was the turning point in unifying Somalians against the U.S. and U.N. efforts here.

It would also lead to the deaths of four journalists, killed by angry Somali mobs when they arrived to cover the incident.

Concrete block of Swiss cheese

Duguf takes me back to the house where the elders had been meeting. Twelve years later, it is still standing but is nothing more than a concrete block of Swiss cheese. Large blast holes pock most of the walls, and pieces of metal rebar poke through the concrete. The back staircase is completely blown apart.

"That was to prevent (the elders) from escaping," Duguf says. "It was the first thing (the helicopters) shot at."

A family of squatters now occupies the building. A man is cutting his hair in the front yard while children play in the ruins.

He tells me, "We live here because we don't have the money for anything else."

Inside the building, where there was once so much death, there are now signs of life: charcoal cooking fires, pots and bowls, sleeping mats. On a wall in the front room the date 12.06.93 is written, and beside it, in Somali, the word "Remember."

Back outside, Duguf takes me to an intersection on the street.

"This is where Dan Eldon died"

"This is where Dan Eldon died," he says, pointing to the ground.

Eldon was a promising 22-year-old Reuters photographer who had spent much of his life in Africa. He also was a talented artist who made elaborate collages of his photographs and whatever scraps, wrapper, matchbooks or other images he could gather up. After Dan's death his mother turned them into a book, "The Journey is the Destination."

Eldon was clubbed and stabbed to death by Somalis enraged at the bloody carnage inside the destroyed house. Journalists Hos Maina, Hansi Kraus and Anthony Macharia also were killed.

Ironically, one who survived, but just barely, was the journalist who got to the site first, my friend and colleague Scott Peterson.

Duguf had been working for Scott as a driver at the time, and when Scott arrived on the scene after witnessing the attack from the roof of a local hotel, the crowd immediately surrounded him and began beating him.

He emptied his camera bag to the outstretched hands, trying to buy time, but then someone in the crowd struck him on the head with a machete.

According to Scott's account in his book "Me Against My Brother," Duguf shot the man with the machete with his 9-millimeter Beretta, then bundled Scott into the car and took him back to the hotel. Scott lived, but the attack reflected the anger and brutality of the crowd.

Cactus needles

Duguf tells me from that day forward a kind of blind, raging anger built up in Somalis, culminating in the Battle of Mogadishu three months later in which 18 American soldiers and as many as 600 Somalis died.

This October, 12 years will have passed since that ill-fated battle. Time has done little to blunt feelings here though, especially among Maria Osman and her neighbors. Their anger now seems as sharp and unforgiving as the cactus needles that protect the memory and remains of Black Hawk Super Six One.[/B]

dont know the intent of the story...nice post anyways...4 yrs old...

mog..is a politically and choatically unstabled city occupied by a singal clan---HAWIYAA(hafrgidr)--who have not only killed every1...Darood (ethnic) issqs ect, habesh,bantu,bajuunis and banadirs but there own.... seriously advise u to look at the history present and past of somalia.....

istorical mog is occupied by other ethnic somalis not hawiyaas..due to clanship and rivalry civil war broke loss and mog was taken by them and they killed all (ethnic & non)..

thats why the north s-land wants to declar soverignty primarily because of the hawiyaa as well as the daroods while the daroods occupy an autonomose region located east of s-land called puntland....BOTH REGIONS ARE QUIET SAFE & militias are NON EXISTANT...

so to view 25% of anarchic somalia SOUTH...while dispitate 75%...is extremely bias..

Somalia does not = Mog .... a single city populated by i'd contest to 2.5 million..since those or outdated sources...and an influx of immigrants flock to the north by BOTH ethnic and non For security and safety....it absolutly makes no sense as all somalis and other concurrent facts id have to scratch up to prove otherwise...millions have fleed kenya for northern somalia s-land and puntland to be intercepted by milita (mog-) primarily of the opposing clan as barbaric kill them!

mog is a blood bath and no1 with a half backed brain would stay there and all know that and flee... that article is totally outdated reflective of the nature of current somalia and how opposing forces..hawiyya.. are eliminating the likly hood of a installed democratic governance..Today...

The UN rarely enter Somalia...AND RELY on SOURCES --marginal-- within to provide information...

this is the same UN during the TSUNAMI...concluded that less then a HUNDRED ppl died... yet 1000s have died in the ras hafun Area due to complication brought about the tsunami...

by the way Outside of anarchic mog---bully militias killing ppl for 3 bucks...theres telecom centers in from galkyo to Hargesia that pay locals 3 dollars per hour...and starvation is non-existant in the north..

I take bloody mogdushio city as grain of salt...somali is equal in proportion to Texas...

Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omugabe
Member # 9060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omugabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point of the post was to prove that Somalis do not consider themselves "white people." Of course that doesn't mean they consider themselves "black people," either, but that's another story.

At the end of the day, Somalis are just Somalis.

[This message has been edited by Omugabe (edited 26 September 2005).]

Posts: 39 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omugabe:

Just to let u know it was not a good movie, second the ppl who played somalis in that movie were not somali but from the wester sahara in morrocco where they aired the movie

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
Just to let u know it was not a good movie, second the ppl who played somalis in that movie were not somali but from the wester sahara in morrocco where they aired the movie

any1 who saw the movieand knows a somali would know auto that no1 on that set was somali....

lol...thats why lots of ppl are suprised when they see that movie in the states and see a somali and say "u look nothing like the somali ppl in hawk" ...lol..remem a friend telling me that..LMAO.. & up north where many see the somal community say "the movie misreps the ppl of somal".....

its extremly funny how this movie is a blockbuster and took alot of cash to develop yet the little somali spoken in the movie...is literally broken and doesnt make sense at all...not even typical of foreigners trying to speak..caste had difficulty pronouncing simple words...LMAO..

the movies crap...pure propaganda...makes the americans as HEROS where there TRYING TO SAVE THE SOMALIS FROM A TIRENT ....AIDEED..lol ...where THEY WERE THE 1s SUPPORTING HIM IN OPPOSITION AGAINST SIAD BARRE.....THE U.s FAILED TO CONTAIN THIS MONSTER THEY UNLEASHED... doest that remind me of another "invasion" not to long ago....occupation was impossible... and another Puerto Rico was unlikely for the U.S.. o well better luck elsewhere where the pops are weaker and extremely divided..know need to tell u where that is..

Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omugabe
Member # 9060

Rate Member
What's wrong with Americans, mali?

quote:
second the ppl who played somalis in that movie were not somali but from the wester sahara in morrocco where they aired the movie

I know, but that didn't lessen my enjoyment of the movie.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But who is Leba anyway?!!

Leba constantly insults blacks of West African descent, calling them monkeys and apes, even calling them n*ggers!!!

Does he even know what the n-word even means?! Does he know that the word is used on all blacks, including Somalis? Is he even aware that the racist white soldiers who rape and kill his people also use this word against them?!!

The joke is on him, if he thinks he is somehow better than West/Central Africans or African Americans! How can he? It's funny, that the only negative things he can say about them is their features. As is having 'finer' more close to "caucazoid" features makes someone great LOL!!

As I said before, the whole idea of Leba and his Somali/East/Horn African supremacy is a joke! Why?

• Because Central and especially West Africans have had a long tradition of civilization with urbanization and nation-states. They've had kingdoms and even empires that rivaled Europe and Asia at the time. All of this is exactly why my Nigerian friends laughed in my face and found it hard to believe me when I said some Somalis think they're better than them. They actually call Somalis as well as other East Africans "barbarians". Even the Bantus who were traditionally slaves in Somali society were responsible for spreading iron-metallurgy throughout much of the African continent as well as their civilization.

• As for African-Americans, it's true they're the descendants of slaves, but many fail to understand and convey the full historic implications. African slaves were the basis of America's economy. If America was founded by white Europeans, then it was certainly built by their black slaves. If it wasn't for their sweat and blood we probably wouldn't have an America, or at least the kind we have now!

• Another thing is what these African-Americans achieved after slavery. After slavery, black Americans still managed to succeed and accomplish a lot despite oppression and discrimination from a white majority. Black Americans have accomplished so much and not just in the realm of arts and entertainment (music, dance, etc) or even sports and athletics although that's the part of 'black history' we often hear about. Black Americans have also made achievements in the realm of science, technology, and industry, but rarely if ever we ever hear about these. There were many black scientists that revolutionized American technology. Furthermore is the fact that Black Americans are responsible for ending much of the racism plaguing America and bringing out civil rights for all. If it wasn't for them Leba's black self probably wouldn't be here, and if so he definitely would not have the opportunities and privileges he has now! He really should thank African-Americans, yet he insults them!

With all of these accomplishments what about your people, or better yet him?

This is not meant to put down Somali people. I have Somali friends and I respect their culture and traditions as I do of all people, but I have non for idividuals like Lebs.

Considering all this, I'm really starting to think that it isn't that Leba so much hates West-Central African blacks or even their slave descendants so much as he hates on them! He doesn't look down on them, but looks up to them!

The fool is JEALOUS of other blacks, which is why he resorts to insulting them! The only thing he can talk about is their features and nothing else! Sorry Lebs, but your features like 'narrow noses' and 'narrow faces' won't help you in life! White people don't care about your features, they just see you are black and treat you as such. Those skin-heads who killed the Ethiopian Mulugeta Seraw didn't give a damn about his features or his complexion!

Here in the U.S. a person's worth is judged by what they're about! YOU are about ignorance and prejudice. Instead of priding yourself on your 'features' I suggest you get a brain or educate yourself!!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 26 September 2005).]

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  • Djehuti
    Member # 6698

Rate Member
    Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Oh and by the way, since Lebs likes to call West African "congoids" apes, here's a question:

Which animal below is smarter?

Are you even smart enough to know which one?

I'll give you a clue: Gorillas are smart enough to communicate using sign language. Coco for instance knows 200 sign words. Hyenas on the other hand, usually communicate by smell. A hyena marks its territory by spreading excretions from glands in its buttocks.

Give up?!

The gorilla is smarter by a long shot. Gorillas are such bright creatures. In a way I fail to see how its insulting to Centra/West Africans. In fact one could make an analogy.

Gorillas are incrediblly intelligent animals that are resourceful in the wild, like many West Africans seem very intelligent in human society and are very well educated.

Hyenas on the other hand are not as smart, and tend to communicate spreading their anal excretions, and YOU seem to communicate on this forum by spreading sh*t as well!! LOL

Which is why I consider you a dumb, dirty, Somalian Hyena!

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Ceelgabo_11
    Member # 8942

Rate Member
    Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by Omugabe:

Black hawk is typical Hollywood propoganda movie and nothing more..

Posts: 554 | From: Somaliland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Ceelgabo_11
    Member # 8942

Rate Member
    Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:

I know the guy who played spy for the Americans was a Somali, but the rest were properly West Africans since the movie was made in Morroco.

Posts: 554 | From: Somaliland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Djehuti
    Member # 6698

Rate Member
    Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    To be honest guys, I am beginning to agree with Yonis...

I believe Leba is not even Somali, and here are my reasons:

• He uses an awful lot of the same epithets racist whites use and his word usage bares a striking resemblese to Stupid-Euro! Coincidence?

• In the thread about 'Nords' and 'Meds' the dumb hyena seemed to be particular about all the nuances of European feautures. Again remeniscent of Stupid-E

• Relaxx asked him what his clan was and it took him a long time to answer. When he finally did, he said Warsangali. I believe Warsingali are a subclan of Darood or Harti. I am not clear on this, but whatever the case, what took him so long to answer?

• Lastly, I don't recall Leba ever writing a word of the Somali language in this forum! Has anyone? The guy pokes fun of Walklikeanegyptian for pretending to be an Egyptian but at least she was a little girl! I find it even more ridiculous and embarassing that a grown man would play pretend on the internet, especially a person of European descent pretending to be an East African! And judging by the similar tone, word usage, etc.

It appears our dumb hyena could be either Stupid-E or and even dumber follower posing as a Somali, perhaps as a desperate (most desperate and despicable yet) attempt to seperate Somalis from other Sub-Saharans!!!

ROTFLMAO This very hypothesis is amusing as hell, but hey anything like this is possible in cyberspace!

• relaxx
    Member # 7530

Rate Member
    Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by Djehuti:
    But who is Leba anyway?!!

Leba constantly insults blacks of West African descent, calling them monkeys and apes, even calling them n*ggers!!!

Does he even know what the n-word even means?! Does he know that the word is used on all blacks, including Somalis? Is he even aware that the racist white soldiers who rape and kill his people also use this word against them?!!

The joke is on him, if he thinks he is somehow better than West/Central Africans or African Americans! How can he? It's funny, that the only negative things he can say about them is their features. As is having 'finer' more close to "caucazoid" features makes someone great [b]LOL!!

As I said before, the whole idea of Leba and his Somali/East/Horn African supremacy is a joke! Why?

• Because Central and especially West Africans have had a long tradition of civilization with urbanization and nation-states. They've had kingdoms and even empires that rivaled Europe and Asia at the time. All of this is exactly why my Nigerian friends laughed in my face and found it hard to believe me when I said some Somalis think they're better than them. They actually call Somalis as well as other East Africans "barbarians". Even the Bantus who were traditionally slaves in Somali society were responsible for spreading iron-metallurgy throughout much of the African continent as well as their civilization.

• As for African-Americans, it's true they're the descendants of slaves, but many fail to understand and convey the full historic implications. African slaves were the basis of America's economy. If America was founded by white Europeans, then it was certainly built by their black slaves. If it wasn't for their sweat and blood we probably wouldn't have an America, or at least the kind we have now!

• Another thing is what these African-Americans achieved after slavery. After slavery, black Americans still managed to succeed and accomplish a lot despite oppression and discrimination from a white majority. Black Americans have accomplished so much and not just in the realm of arts and entertainment (music, dance, etc) or even sports and athletics although that's the part of 'black history' we often hear about. Black Americans have also made achievements in the realm of science, technology, and industry, but rarely if ever we ever hear about these. There were many black scientists that revolutionized American technology. Furthermore is the fact that Black Americans are responsible for ending much of the racism plaguing America and bringing out civil rights for all. If it wasn't for them Leba's black self probably wouldn't be here, and if so he definitely would not have the opportunities and privileges he has now! He really should thank African-Americans, yet he insults them!

With all of these accomplishments what about your people, or better yet him?

This is not meant to put down Somali people. I have Somali friends and I respect their culture and traditions as I do of all people, but I have non for idividuals like Lebs.

Considering all this, I'm really starting to think that it isn't that Leba so much hates West-Central African blacks or even their slave descendants so much as he hates on them! He doesn't look down on them, but looks up to them!

The fool is JEALOUS of other blacks, which is why he resorts to insulting them! The only thing he can talk about is their features and nothing else! Sorry Lebs, but your features like 'narrow noses' and 'narrow faces' won't help you in life! White people don't care about your features, they just see you are black and treat you as such. Those skin-heads who killed the Ethiopian Mulugeta Seraw didn't give a damn about his features or his complexion!

Here in the U.S. a person's worth is judged by what they're about! YOU are about ignorance and prejudice. Instead of priding yourself on your 'features' I suggest you get a brain or educate yourself!!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 26 September 2005).][/B]

• Djehuti,
    You speak french, right:"on répond à un imbécile par le silence".
    Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Djehuti
    Member # 6698

Rate Member
    Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by relaxx:
    Djehuti,
    You speak french, right:"on répond à un imbécile par le silence".
    Relaxx

LOL

I know, but felt I just had to express that much!

btw, I don't speak french fluently I only took it in highschool but I think I understood the phrase: something about responding to an imbecile with silence?

relaxx
    Member # 7530

Rate Member
    Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    [b]LOL

I know, but felt I just had to express that much!

btw, I don't speak french fluently I only took it in highschool but I think I understood the phrase: something about responding to an imbecile with silence?[/B]

Correct, you still remember your french.
    Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    mali
    Member # 7606

Rate Member
    quote:

• He uses an awful lot of the same epithets racist whites use and his word usage bares a striking resemblese to Stupid-Euro! Coincidence?

• In the thread about 'Nords' and 'Meds' the dumb hyena seemed to be particular about all the nuances of European feautures. Again remeniscent of Stupid-E

• Relaxx asked him what his clan was and it took him a long time to answer. When he finally did, he said Warsangali. I believe Warsingali are a subclan of Darood or Harti. I am not clear on this, but whatever the case, what took him so long to answer?

• Lastly, I don't recall Leba ever writing a word of the Somali language in this forum! Has anyone? The guy pokes fun of Walklikeanegyptian for pretending to be an Egyptian but at least she was a little girl! I find it even more ridiculous and embarassing that a grown man would play pretend on the internet, especially a person of European descent pretending to be an East African! And judging by the similar tone, word usage, etc.

It appears our dumb hyena could be either Stupid-E or and even dumber follower posing as a Somali, perhaps as a desperate (most desperate and despicable yet) attempt to seperate Somalis from other Sub-Saharans!!!

[b]ROTFLMAO This very hypothesis is amusing as hell, but hey anything like this is possible in cyberspace!

• Possibly & or likely... but who cares trollers are trollers...

they use conflict to mock intelligence.... i dont see how a whole topic can be dedicated to Leba , Euro ect.. there not worth the space on AE especially as topic headers and or our time....

reference can be made since new users are not aware of trolls or trollers who use there mindless trickery to steer them on ship.... in actuality has backfired most times...

but for the exception--- abza..aka giza..

by the way...he sad he was warsangili what sub clan of the warsangili clan are u part of LEBA:

if HE CANT ANSWER THAT HES DEFINETLY a TROLL..hiding under a clock...

relaxx
    Member # 7530

Rate Member
    they use conflict to mock intelligence.... i dont see how a whole topic can be dedicated to Leba , Euro ect.. there not worth the space on AE especially as topic headers and or our time....

---------------------
    Correct, that's why I don't think Thought, Rasol and others are from Africa, because they wouldn't spend so much time with bastards like Euro...
    Relaxx

mali
    Member # 7606

Rate Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by relaxx:

By the way whats the point of this Topic

Leba: Somalis are not white

Unless ur color blind...in ur defence

The article is about Hawk-mogduisho-- i dont see how the relation between the header and the article ????

has the forum resorted to mindless straws..

rasol
    Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    I believe Leba is not even Somali

Last time I'm going to post this,then I'll go back to ignoring this thread:

quote:
    posted 18 August 2005 05:32 PM by LEBA: I'm not a somali you confused idiot.
    http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/002465-3.html

His identity is his business. But he tries to misrepresent and can only get away with it because some are so easy to fool.

Whatever his ethnicity, he's no different than Erroneous Euro. He is a "straight up" racist, to use one of his favorite expressions on this and other forums, under various pseudos.

Ok, back to matters of importance...

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 26 September 2005).]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    mali
    Member # 7606

Rate Member
    quote:

[b]ROTFLMAO This very hypothesis is amusing as hell, but hey anything like this is possible in cyberspace!

• I doubt leba somali--- for the very fact as u stated it took him long to answer + he picked warsangili...and if im not mistaken proir post on elong africans... comparison limb measures... listed warsangili...

and picked it out for the reason the other somali group was categorial SAB...

but i got to give the troll (lier) thumbs since he picked a specific clan and wasnt dumb (no ? to that) to pick the other...

leba
    Member # 8668

Rate Member
    Icon 1 posted      Profile for leba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Losers!... all i have to say you afrocentrists are big time losers.

Did i ever say somalis are white?

The only people who are white are north europeans(Irish, British, Dutch, Swedes, Germans etc) morons.

Posts: 267 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Omugabe
    Member # 9060

Rate Member
    Charlie's point is that Somalis do not see themselves as Eurasian, neither geographically (obviously) nor racially.

[This message has been edited by Omugabe (edited 27 September 2005).]

leba
    Member # 8668

Rate Member
    Icon 5 posted      Profile for leba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    ''Eurasian'' is not a race. And ''African'' is also not a race.

Posts: 267 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    rasol
    Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Did i ever say somalis are white?

Did you ever claim to be a Somali?

Yes.

Did you ever claim to *not* be a Somali?

Yes.

Are you mentally ill?

Possibly.

Log off the internet and seek help immediately.

Only a mental health professional can decide for sure.

You're welcome.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Waryaa
    Member # 7735

Rate Member
    Icon 6 posted      Profile for Waryaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    We aren't "white," nor are we any "blacker," nor anything between, be it grey or what have you.

We are just Somalis. We always been like that. Got a problem? We don't.

Some recent pictures from New York and Toronto.

New York:

Toronto:

Posts: 73 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Big_Kane
    Member # 9098

Member Rated:
    Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big_Kane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
    I know the guy who played spy for the Americans was a Somali, but the rest were properly West Africans since the movie was made in Morroco.

Why would West Africans be sourced when there are many who will do such a role in Morroco?

Posts: 58 | From: Toronto | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    yazid904
    Member # 7708

Rate Member
    Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Big_D,

That is what surrogates are for. They are lap dogs who agree (to work) in the causes of their sponsor in change for some kind of gain.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Supercar
    Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by Waryaa:
    We aren't "white," nor are we any "blacker," nor anything between, be it grey or what have you.

...nevertheless "black"; how much more "black" do you need to be to realize the fact?

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
    HTML is not enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com