EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ausar: Let's make that forum more African

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ausar: Let's make that forum more African
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ausar,
You banned salama who actually is African. Now let's ban someone who has been degrading Africans for months and who is not even African: Evil Euro, it's time to take him out from this forum. Sincerely I'm surprised that an African can allow this crap for months. Ausar, if you can't because of technical reasons, just let me know I will contact the persons responsible for this website.
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omugabe
Member # 9060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omugabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does that Evil Euro guy even bother? His idea that haplogroups correspond with race or physical appearance just doesn't make any sense.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by relaxx:
Hi Ausar,
You banned salama who actually is African.

How do you know she is African? How do you know what she said about her whereabouts, her origins, and her career are accurate?

Do you even remember some of her harshest posts? It didn't sound like she was a proud African woman.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
How do you know she is African? How do you know what she said about her whereabouts, her origins, and her career are accurate?

Do you even remember some of her harshest posts? It didn't sound like she was a proud African woman.

The issue here is a non African who is degrading Africans everyday. It has to stop.
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The issue here is a non African who is degrading Africans everyday. It has to stop.
Relaxx

Yeah I see why you are angry. But Salama was the best example of a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Relaxx, the only reason why Evil-Euro stays around is because he/she I think are trying to defend Southern Europeans. Personally, I could care less if ancient Africans from either Northern or eastern Africa colonized or mixed with Southern Europeans. Having Evil-Euro on this forum is very used because you can use them as a prop to demonstrate how Eurocentrism is fauluty.

I also try not to censor people even when I disagree with them. If I get Evil-Euro banned then what will this board talk about? Ancient Egypt? Go check and see how many ancient Egyptian topics were posted but only the ones relating to race get the most responces.

We need differences of opinions on this forum. I don't agree with Evil-Euro's racial slurs but he/she does post references.

I never banned Salama. I don't have the ability to ban people. The people who own this forum only have the ability and I don't own it.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Relaxx, the only reason why Evil-Euro stays around is because he/she I think are trying to defend Southern Europeans. Personally, I could care less if ancient Africans from either Northern or eastern Africa colonized or mixed with Southern Europeans. Having Evil-Euro on this forum is very used because you can use them as a prop to demonstrate how Eurocentrism is fauluty.

I also try not to censor people even when I disagree with them. If I get Evil-Euro banned then what will this board talk about? Ancient Egypt? Go check and see how many ancient Egyptian topics were posted but only the ones relating to race get the most responces.

We need differences of opinions on this forum. I don't agree with Evil-Euro's racial slurs but he/she does post references.

I never banned Salama. I don't have the ability to ban people. The people who own this forum only have the ability and I don't own it.

The reason why people are disgusted by Egyptsearch including myself and others like Aurore who is on the Nile Valley forum, it's because people like Euro are bringing baseless subjects or distort facts...but it's still OK, however when it becomes racist, it has to stop. Seriously, you didn't convince me, and I certainly don't think we have the same values.
Relaxx

rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relaxx I agree with you, but I think it's a waste of time because the moderator can't ban anyone.

For example: it has been stated that racist slurs among other things will get you banned - and yet, nothing happens.

So, in fact, the moderators have no power and the owners don't care.

Your post and complaint has been registered since long before you joined the forum, and will be again by others will join in the future.

It is to no avail, so I wouldn't stress over it, if I were you.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Leba?
quote:
Rasol said:

Did you ever claim to be a Somali?

Yes.

Did you ever claim to *not* be a Somali?

Yes.

Are you mentally ill?

Possibly.

Log off the internet and seek help immediately.

Only a mental health professional can decide for sure.

You're welcome.

LMAO You guys, I seriously think Leba is really Stupid-E 'posing' as a Somali. I go by my list of clues. To think these are the lengths the fool would go to 'prove' his point! LOL It is probably his (albeit twisted) way of getting in touch with his African ancestry!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 27 September 2005).]

Posts: 26322 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Relaxx I agree with you, but I think it's a waste of time because the moderator can't ban anyone.

For example: it has been stated that racist slurs among other things will get you banned - and yet, nothing happens.

So, in fact, the moderators have no power and the owners don't care.

Your post and complaint has been registered since long before you joined the forum, and will be again by others will join in the future.

It is to no avail, so I wouldn't stress over it, if I were you.

Rasol,
I just had the impression that salama was banned, but apparently, it's not the case, however, I'm not sure about Ausar's motives and ability to ban people. Just check his quote:
Ausar:
"I also try not to censor people even when I disagree with them. If I get Evil-Euro banned then what will this board talk about? Ancient Egypt? Go check and see how many ancient Egyptian topics were posted but only the ones relating to race get the most responces.

We need differences of opinions on this forum. I don't agree with Evil-Euro's racial slurs but he/she does post references."

I think he hasn't realized that there are many people with greater intellectual insigth than Euro who just can't spend more than few minutes on this forum because of the crap coming from the likes of Evil. Seriously how can a sane person read the stupidy he writes every morning, since he's busy at night on Dodona (just check the time stamp on his messages). But the most annoying part is that someone who pretends to be African (Ausar) don't even bother removing him. That I don't understand, and he'd better provide a more logical explanation.

Relaxx

[This message has been edited by relaxx (edited 27 September 2005).]

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think he hasn't realized that there are many people with greater intellectual insigth than Euro who just can't spend more than few minutes on this forum because of the crap coming from the likes of Evil.

I will agree with one thing here; that we certainly don't need the nut to have lively discussions. I've been around here long enough; the forum did just fine before the guy came along, if not better, and I bet it will do even better without such a troll. This has nothing to do with different viewpoints, which I enthusiastically welcome myself, but more about the breaking of specific rules set as a condition for signing up for membership. For that reason, the troll must be banned! But hey, we are dealing with an insecure site.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
I will agree with one thing here; that we certainly don't need the nut to have lively discussions. I've been around here long enough; the forum did just fine before the guy came along, if not better, and I bet it will do even better without such a troll. This has nothing to do with different viewpoints, which I enthusiastically welcome myself, but more about the breaking of specific rules set as a condition for signing up for membership. For that reason, the troll must be banned! But hey, we are dealing with an insecure site.

Thanks for your input let's see what Ausar comes up with.
Relaxx

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Relaxx,if you would like to get Evil-Euro banned then please email sammy. Sammy is the owner of Egyptsearch. His email is the following:sammy@egyptsearch.com

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Relaxx,if you would like to get Evil-Euro banned then please email sammy. Sammy is the owner of Egyptsearch. His email is the following:sammy@egyptsearch.com

Thanks. Supercar, Rasol, please help me, I hope it will work.
Relaxx

rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks. Supercar, Rasol, please help me, I hope it will work.
Relaxx

I just did as you asked.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
I just did as you asked.

Thank you very much Sir.
Relaxx

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

When you email sammy make sure that you show him the posts that you felt were insulting by Evil-Euro.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com