EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Off Topic, But...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Off Topic, But...
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know religious topics always spark heated debates here, but you all HAVE to read this.

http://biblicalstudies.qldwide.net.au/chronology_of_egypt_and_israel.html

Maybe some of you have read it already, but I ask if you haven't to please take the time to read it all and give your personal opinion on it. To me, this is the most in-depth look into the connection between the Israelites and Egypt.

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Sounds like David Rohl's theories. I agree through that the chronology of ancient Egypt is rather guess work,but i am skeptical that the Asiatic captives can be connected to ancient Hebrews.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Sounds like David Rohl's theories. I agree through that the chronology of ancient Egypt is rather guess work,but i am skeptical that the Asiatic captives can be connected to ancient Hebrews.

You read it that fast...wow!

Who's David Rohl?

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

David Rohl wrote a contreversial book about the chronology of ancient Egypt in relation to ancient Israel.

I skimmed through the webpage but juding from what I read it appears that the following comes from David Rohl.

David Rohl wrote a book called Pharaohs and Kings.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

David Rohl wrote a contreversial book about the chronology of ancient Egypt in relation to ancient Israel.

I skimmed through the webpage but juding from what I read it appears that the following comes from David Rohl.

David Rohl wrote a book called Pharaohs and Kings.

Would you recommend the book? Is it informative?

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member

No, because it believes in the ''Dyanstic Race theory''. He believes that invaders from Western Asian founded Egyptian civlization. This view has largely been discredited.

You can still read it but don't expect mainstream Egyptology though from it.

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 12 October 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com