EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Horemheb and Eurocentrism, Pt2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horemheb and Eurocentrism, Pt2
Charlie_Bass
Member # 3897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie_Bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horemheb, you say that Eurocentrism does not exist, so being a professor, do you have proof of this in the form of journals and peer-review? Do you think white Indians/Aryan invasion isn't Eurocentrism? Where is your proof that ancient Egyptians were white? Do you beleve that Zahi Hawass believes ancient Egyptians were white? I know you will not have any answers, but at least attempt to answer the questions.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you are trying to call Eurocentrism is simply European expanison. What you are trying to do is add an element of conspiracy to it that simply does not exist. It grows out of what i would call a form of 'black mania.' Many blacks are simply obcessed with the idea of their blackness. They look at the world, including history as one huge white racist conspiracy.
There are no peer reviewed articles on Eurocentrism because it is not an academic subject. It is an invention of the radical left used to attack colonialism, capitalism, euro-american domination of one sort or another and anything else that works for the radical writer. It grows out of the same radical thread that produced Afrocentrism.
I have to run but quickly...I don't think Hawass thinks Egyptians were white but he does think the were and are North African caucasians.

[This message has been edited by Horemheb (edited 18 October 2005).]

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie_Bass
Member # 3897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie_Bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
What you are trying to call Eurocentrism is simply European expanison.

Eurocentrism does exist, even white scholars and historians acknowledge this, you have to be smoking dope to deny it.

quote:
Many blacks are simply obcessed with the idea of their blackness. They look at the world, including history as one huge white racist conspiracy.

Nonsense, many whites were obsessed with whiteness, especially during colonialism, because their military conquests over non-whites gave them the impression that their whiteness made them superior in battle againsts the nonwhites. Thats why they made Somalis, Tutsis, Fulanis, Nubians and ancient Egyptians and even Zulus, "Hamite dark-white Caucasians" because these people were fierce in battle and nonwhites could never be fierce in battle thus they made these peoples honorary "whites". Thats Eurocentrism in one of its purest forms.

quote:
There are no perer reviewed articles on Eurocentrism because it is not an academic subject.

Its an ideology, duh, who said it was an academic subject. Eurocentrism is an ideology that has found its way into academic circles.

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hor, plenty of White Eurocentrics (a lot of them Jewish with a higher IQ than your avg. European) have clearly illustrated the Eurocentric distortion of history and you can read about this in various books.

DONALD COLE -

"We whites have done terrible things to black people, and racial friction in America is part of the price we must pay. It does no good to blame our ancestors; if we in this generation would only do what is right and just, friction between the races would end quickly. But how to change deeply ingrained patterns of thought, that is the problem. The place to begin is knowledge. To the extent that we know the truth, we are freed to change our ways. Return to Glory offers illuminating insights into the past. The book will do more than boost the self-esteem of African Americans. It will enlighten us whites and, one may hope, free us from the tyranny of ignorance and prejudice and cruelty."

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a Eurocentric person (White)

J O E L A . F R E E M A N , P h . D .

Good book:

Return to Glory.

Quite a few other good books on Black history.

Also - I'm NOT BLACK nor am I a Afrocentric. Frankly, if you ask me where civilization originated I will tell you - Jews/Hebrews.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
High IQ Jews? Jewish cradle of Civilization?

Is this Jewish Supremacy Osirion?

In any case I am Black but I am not an Afrocentrist.

Molefi Kete Asante is the one who coined the phrase by his definition an Afrocentrist is someone who apporaches history from an African perspective to refute the historical distortions of Eurocentrism.

In other words it is a theraputic approach to history. I think this line of thinking means well but it is flawed in that sometimes myth can be taught as history.

If I were to be anything centrist it would be a truthcentrist. I am only interested in the truth. If the truth lies with people who's views lean towards Afrocentrism so be it. If it leans another way so be it as long as it is true and backed up by evidence.

That being said I disagree with your statement that civilization began with the Jews/Hebrews.

Mesopatamia is often cited as the cradle of civilization with such civilizations as Sumer and Babylon. During this time period Jews did not even exist. A jew was a resident of the Israelite province Judea. Israel did not exist during this time either.

According to Biblical scripture Abraham, the patriarch of the Hebrew people did come from a city called UR which was in Mesopatamia. That does not make the Mesopatamians "Jews" or "Hebrew".

Actually that is an interesting subject. When is Mesopatamian Civilization considered to have began does anyone know?

I've also heard that Ancient Egypt was alot older than people thought. Has anyone heard of a video program called "Magical Egypt"? Its supposed to talk about alot of Ancient secrets of the Egyptian culture and the possibility that the civilization was older than originally thought.

Egypt is at the very least the cradle of African civilization and some have even tried to extend it to the cradle of "Western" Civilization. But what are the accepted dates for the beginning of both Ancient Egyptian and Mesopatamian Civilization?

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walk, Mansa, and Charlie, you guys are all wasting your God-given times and energies trying in vain to talk 'sense' into our resident stupid little Hore!!

Why?!

We all know all he does is make baseless assumptions about entire regions and peoples and almost never gives any info.

What extremely rare info he does give, he plaigarizes and distorts, other than that his only lifeline is Zahi Hawass. Who he relies on for any information but Egyptology, even anthropological and demographic stuff!

I say, let dirty lying Hores lie!!

And let's leave it at that!

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I think EgyptSearch is a bit too troll friendly. Discussions cannot get done like this, Evil Euro's type of debates belong on Dodona Forums. We should focus more on Nile Valley Forums, that's a page where we can really get some info together on Ancient Egypt and Egyptology wihtout the troll fluff.
http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=thenile

[This message has been edited by Mansa Musa (edited 18 October 2005).]

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:

Mesopatamia is often cited as the cradle of civilization with such civilizations as Sumer and Babylon.

I would say that, it is simply B.S., unless it can be substantiated.

We've touched on the matter here before: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/002058.html

...and was posted again in the Nile Valley forum: http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16&mforum=thenile

quote:
Mansa Musa:
Actually that is an interesting subject. When is Mesopatamian Civilization considered to have began does anyone know?

Not an unreasonable question, but again, we've touched on the issues here: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/002058.html

quote:
Mansa Musa:
I've also heard that Ancient Egypt was alot older than people thought.

Certainly is. There is a tendency to start ancient Egyptian culture from the dynastic era.

quote:

Egypt is at the very least the cradle of African civilization and some have even tried to extend it to the cradle of "Western" Civilization. But what are the accepted dates for the beginning of both Ancient Egyptian and Mesopatamian Civilization?

The Nile Valley civilization is a cradle by any standards, not just from the African perspective!

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 18 October 2005).]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed the whole concept of "the" cradle is something that could only be produced by sheer hubris - so much for China/India, MesoAmerica, etc.. not to mention the Nile Valley.

As for Pro-Hore, look at how much mileage that idiot got out of posting some old superfluous article about Lefkowtiz and Diop neither of whom he ever read nor will read.

Yet poster after poster tries to "debate" this fool rooted in the assumption that his comments must have "some grounding in information." In fact, the whole thread is pure troll tripe/attention "Horing".

Granted some posters are new, and are not aware that ProHore has no brain, and hence there is literally 'nothing' there to debate.

But truly how long does it take to figure that out?

Eventually Ausar gets sick of it, and politely informs the thread discussants that Horemheb is completely misquoting and would not know since he hasn't read the book his thread is devoted to.

Now, that should be the end of a perfectly stupid thread - but no...it goes on and on. Lol.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 19 October 2005).]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Indeed the whole concept of "the" cradle is something that could only be produced by sheer hubris - so much for China/India, MesoAmerica, etc.. not to mention the Nile Valley.

As for Pro-Hore, look at how much mileage that idiot got out of posting some old superfluous article about Lefkowtiz and Diop neither of whom he ever read nor will read.

Yet poster after poster tries to "debate" this fool rooted in the assumption that his comments must have "some grounding in information." In fact, the whole thread is pure troll tripe/attention "Horing".

Granted some posters are new, and are not aware that ProHore has no brain, and hence there is literally 'nothing' there to debate.

But truly how long does it take to figure that out?

Eventually Ausar gets sick of it, and politely informs the thread discussants that Horemheb is completely misquoting and would not know since he hasn't read the book his thread is devoted to.

Now, that should be the end of a perfectly stupid thread - but no...it goes on and on. Lol.

Exactly! Honestly guys, you all sound like children bickering with pro Hore! Fools like him CANNOT be reasoned with, so there is no need to try!

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com