EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The feathers in ancient egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The feathers in ancient egypt
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what did the feathers meant to the ancient egyptians ? (with justification(s) please)

the modern egyptians still use this following expression:
"do you think that you have a feather on your head or so ?"

this expression is usually said to everyone who is arrogant and selfish.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mazigh:

from what i read, the modern libyans still use that expression too. so, it is also worth to guess the meaning of the feathers in both cultures.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not this mess again!

What is it with you and feathers??!!

THEY WERE NOT WORN JUST BY EGTYPTIANS AND BERBERS

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Not this mess again!

What is it with you and feathers??!!

THEY WERE NOT WORN JUST BY EGTYPTIANS AND BERBERS

did you read my post ?

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mazigh:
[b]

from what i read, the modern libyans still use that expression too. so, it is also worth to guess the meaning of the feathers in both cultures.

[/B][/QUOTE]

do the nubians use this expression or any expression like this too ?

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
do the nubians use this expression or any expression like this too ?

Thought Writes:

Please provide the peer-reviewed sources for the COMMON use of these terms among modern Libyans and Egyptians AND for the connection of these terms to Ancient Egypt. Thanks.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

Please provide the peer-reviewed sources for the COMMON use of these terms among modern Libyans and Egyptians AND for the connection of these terms to Ancient Egypt. Thanks.

that this expression is used in modern egypt is undesputed, and that it is used by the libyans, i can provide a link to a libyan saying it is a libyan expression. that libyan added that it is related to the ancient libyan feathers without speaking about the egyptian feathers.
that i will provide a peer-reviewed source to prove this connection, is impossible to me, at least.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

that this expression is used in modern egypt is undesputed, and that it is used by the libyans, i can provide a link to a libyan saying it is a libyan expression. that i will provide a peer-reviewed source to prove this connection, is impossible to me, at least.

Thought Writes:

I can provide you with a link indicating that Aliens from out of space founded Ancient Egypt. That does not make the link valid. Peer-review is a more valid source. If you do not have a peer-reviewed source to support your contention then it is rejected.

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 29 October 2005).]

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
what would be rejucted ? the existence of the expression or its link to the feathers of the ancient egyptians an libyans ?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com