EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » AE-monotheism-why do modern scholars rebuff this ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AE-monotheism-why do modern scholars rebuff this ?
ray2006
Member # 10891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange but Budge,Petrie,Maspero,even Gardiner all stated that basically the AE RELIGION was monotheistic.

Yet it now seems that modern egyptologists discount this and only speak of the thousands of GODS that the AE were worshipping...

The only one that has recently been a contrarian is French Egyptologist Christiane Desroches Noblecourt in her latest book "le fabuleux heritage de l'Egypte".

It has been labelled "revolutionary,daring !"

It is now available since Feb 2006 in paperback format(in French) from:

http://www.fnac.com

And do not even try to state that fact to an egyptologist as you will be labelled as delusional(meaning a simpleton)

Yours,ryb...

P.S. Personally I do not see any point in trying to convice blind men by their follies that there might be something out there..

Of the more than 5,000(?) egyptologists I bet that less than 10 would criticize their "peers.." or even admit that Champollion did make some mistakes...in his deciphering of the hieroglyphs..

Posts: 305 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the concepts of monothesim vs. polytheism is a modern dialectic that is simplistic when applied to Km.t.

Km.t existed for thousands of years and had many Gods and the one God.

Why do you want/need to claim that their was only ever 'one' religion and one God in Km.t?

Do you feel that makes their religious beliefs closer to your own?

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im very glad u brought up this subject on AE & Monotheism Ray because the ancient egyptians did have one God as a egyptian myself i have studied the ancient Egyptian Mystery system and it is amazing everyone claims them to be pagans what ever that may be people have claim them to have many statues and idols that they worshiped but that is all false they called them animist but that is ridiculous. The greatest Egyptologist is Gerald Massey if u read his books on Egypt he was so ahead of his time he knew that the egyptians used animals to show the different attributes of God they didnt worship these animals in them they saw Ra like for instance when u see a Hawk soar in the air what do u think of stability swiftness perfection when u see the hippo what do u think he sits in the waters opens his mouth and devours everything the scareb beetle rolls its dung into a perfect ball while her eggs are in there she rolls it into the nile then from there another beetle comes out they say the beetle rolls the sun into its course but that is just allegory the Scarab is always represented with the sun above him. The egpytians anaylized everything around them there science was there way of life trust me nature will help u understand who is the creator.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com