EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » do the 4 sided/headed statues at

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do the 4 sided/headed statues at
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edfu, have anything to do with the 4 sided/headed statues in india?

http://public.fotki.com/redwine65/egypt/dsc00547.html

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deities with multiple heads is not unique to India alone.

The Egyptians have depicted certain gods with multiple heads long before Hindu gods of similar type became common. There are also deities in Europe with multiple heads as well as in east Asia.

Multiple heads simply means all seeing and all knowing.

Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im trying to find the one in india, it looks exactly the same shape as the one at edfu and it looks like the one at memphis..(behind the spxinks paw)

http://public.fotki.com/redwine65/egypt/dsc00283_2.html

Its like one of the oldest statues in india..I seen it on some joesphe cambell show...(yes I can tolorate atheist shows sometime)

[Smile]

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com