EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » ATTN: King, the photo man!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN: King, the photo man!!!
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pics of Niger stir an undefineable romantic
longing in me and my profuse thanks to you for them.

Here's a request for Mauritania and Senegal with,
again, emphasis on Peuhle and "Zenaga" types please.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel ya AlTakruri. I myself strongly desire to reconnect to this land where my ancestors probably came from......Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admit the pictures are beautiful, but damn!

King, don't you think you are over-doing it?!!

What is it with the picture spam of Africans??!!

And people say I'm Afrocentric for someone who isn't even black! Are you really white kid? LOL [Big Grin]

Also, do some of the photos come from National Geographic photographers Carol Beckwith and Angela Fisher?? I have one of their books called Faces of Africa.

Really though King, take a break from all the dang pictures!

How about an Egyptian picture spamm instead?

Posts: 26276 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 26276 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We already have a ancient Egyptian picture spam thread. Look in the archives. The posting of the African pictures is fine as long as off-topic is marked on the thread. African picture thread is better than the religion threads.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Here's a request for Mauritania and Senegal with,
again, emphasis on Peuhle and "Zenaga" types please.

By the way, although I have only heard of the Zenaga peoples, I don't believe I've seen any pictures of them.

Does anyone have any pics of Zenaga, and can anyone explain who these people are again??

I know that they are Berber speakers and I think they may have a relation to the Tamalshek (Tuaregs) but other than that I don't have a clue.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^And yes, I know that Senegal is named after them (since I can't edit [Roll Eyes] )
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti

Sometimes I wonder if I am really white myself. LOL.

But to tell the truth. I just like pictures. And since this Forum is about Egypt and Africa I guess I just want people to enjoy the diversity of Africa. I could also post Europeans... But I don't think this is the right forum for that.

I still Have some pictures to post.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holla Israel, peep ya cuzzins yo!

Djehuti, this ain't no spam this a cross the
ocean big shout and big pill for the homesick.
Especially those missing a home they never
ever had a chance to know and the "old country"
they were stripped of all connections to, unlike
all other "immigrant" ethnies in the western
hemisphere.

When I say Zenaga I mean those remnants of the
Sanhadja confederation spanning the northern
Sahel to the southern Sahara (even the world's
worse anti-black racists, the beydani Maures in
Mauritania.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We Want More Pic !!!!!

Beautiful

Educational

Thanks King [Cool]

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff King!

Here are some more interesting ones I found:

-

From http://www.adireafricantextiles.com/images1dahomey3.htm

What I was doing was looking up African textiles, since many of Egyptian clothing patterns and textures are so SIMILAR to African ones. It is a shame how so many in the West are so unknowledgable about the FACT that African textiles, jewelry and perfumes are the OLDEST in the world. In doing this research I came across these great old photos that give us a glimpse of African traditions: wearing horns, totems, gold, clothing, sandals, the OLD original African Iron tradition (the axes are probably AFRICAN made)... and so on. There is a LOT you can learn from these old photos. The luxurious silks and cottons of the old MOORISH style African dress is particularly astonishing and shows the DIRECT influence on European dressmaking tradition.

Some more:

[IMG]http://www.adireafricantextiles.com/imagesres/goldcoast3.jpg[IMG]

http://www.adire.clara.net/afgallery.htm

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really surprised to find out how far back the African tie die tradition goes.

http://www.africanfabric.co.uk/Fabrics.htm

-

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King, do Sierra Leone too if you don't mind!!!
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, King! Are you gonna make a threads for all 53 African nations??!! [Embarrassed]
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way things are going I might.

I am having lots of fun posting pictures. Pictures can educate as much as words.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
The way things are going I might.

I am having lots of fun posting pictures. Pictures can educate as much as words.

Peace

Yea, and it's not like we're talking about anything new. LOL!!
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com