EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Site on nubians and Egyptian race types in AE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Site on nubians and Egyptian race types in AE
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/we/we05.htm

Good or bad?

Posts: 2601 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reid
Member # 11536

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is good. It talks about Ethiopia being before Egypt(which is true.) I like this website it breaks down the Nubians and is not afraid to call them Negroid. It also talks about Ethiopia being in asia which is news to me but I don't know how true this is. More research needs to be done on this. I also don't understand why they try to seperate Egyptians and Nubians. I guess because Egyptians had more Asiatic blood then Nubians.
Other then this it is a good site. With lots of good info.

Posts: 32 | From: Waterloo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not necessarily badly intended, but the result is a total mess.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Not necessarily badly intended, but the result is a total mess.

please elaborate more on whats a mess about the site
Posts: 2601 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^LOL Reid's response is proof enough to the kind of 'mess' such an article insinuates.
quote:
Originally posted by Reid:

I think it is good. It talks about Ethiopia being before Egypt(which is true.) I like this website it breaks down the Nubians and is not afraid to call them Negroid...

Exactly what is meant by your use of the term "negroid" here??

quote:
It also talks about Ethiopia being in asia which is news to me but I don't know how true this is. More research needs to be done on this...
Yes, the ancient Ethiopian kingdom of Aksum and perhaps earlier ruled both sides of the Red Sea with colonies in Yemen.

quote:
I also don't understand why they try to seperate Egyptians and Nubians...
It is the traditional tactic of Eurocentrics to seperate 'Nubia' from Egypt with the former being African while the latter, not.

quote:
I guess because Egyptians had more Asiatic blood then Nubians.
Again I ask, proof of such a statement??

quote:
Other then this it is a good site. With lots of good info.
As Rasol says, good intentions, messy results.
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com