EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Why is Wally using the "Hamitic" term? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why is Wally using the "Hamitic" term?
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Three main divisions
- Africans (Blacks and Berbers of East Africa, the Sahara & Sahel
- Mediterraneans (Egyptians, Berbers of the shore, Greeks, Latins
- Nordics

^ Sergi EurAfricans = Coons Kzoids.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Coon had Sergi's African branch of EurAfricans
in mind as caucasoid. Coon is not Sergi.

As in the previous post Sergi reprimanded the
anthropologists of his time when they wanted
to appropriate certain Sudanese and make them whites.

Sergi didn't believe in any concept remotely
related to making East Africans into dark whites.

Mind you, none of this is written to promote Sergi
as valid current anthropology. It's written to
correct erroneous assumptions made about Sergi
from scholars in print who've never so much as broke
the cover of a copy of the
Mediterranean Race.

I certainly do not agree with nor back everything
Sergi wrote. Some of his ideas as to origins and
migrations are in sync with the revelation of E3b
originating in northern East Africa working its way
north and northwest in Africa and on into the Balkans,
Aegean, and Adriatic regions of the North Mediterranean.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Perhaps Coon had Sergi's African branch of EurAfricans in mind as caucasoid. Coon is not Sergi.
Coon isn't daft either.

It's the same *root* concept.

EurAfrican = North African caucasoid.

There are two forms of this argument, the differences are utterly superficial, the underlying ideology is the same.

* one argues for and originating Eurasian race that migrated into Africa.

** the other argues for a Eurasian race this is the original race of East Africa.

*** Both unite this imaginary Medit. K-zoid race to the Nordic K-zoid Race.

**** Both distinguish this K-zoid race from the negro race.

The Medicentrists - Dienekes and Racial Reality for example, rely largely on Sergi and Coon for their 'original east African caucasoids'.

All of this is nonsense, all of it is racist, and none of it has any credibility in modern scholarship.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
[QUOTE]

EurAfrican = North African caucasoid.

There are two forms of this argument, the differences are utterly superficial, the underlying ideology is the same.

* one argues for and originating Eurasian race that migrated into Africa.

** the other argues for a Eurasian race this is the original race of East Africa.

*** Both unite this imaginary Medit. K-zoid race to the Nordic K-zoid Race.

**** Both distinguish this K-zoid race from the negro race.

The Medicentrists - Dienekes and Racial Reality for example, rely largely on Sergi and Coon for their 'original east African caucasoids'.

All of this is nonsense, all of it is racist, and none of it has any credibility in modern scholarship.

Rasol,
I value your opinion and like reading your post. Should Semitic also be abandon?

Should Hamitic be defined based on the people also using a common language and geographical area?

Posts: 342 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Should Semitic also be abandon?
Why? Semitic is a language family:

semitic - subfamily of Afroasiatic languages that includes Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Ethiopic, Hebrew, and Phoenician.

quote:
Should Hamitic be defined based on the people also using a common language
->
Evergreen writes:

The Earliest Semitic Society
Journal of Semitic Studies
Diakonoff

"The term Hamito-Semitic is unacceptable, because the linguitic macrofamily in question CANNOT be divided into a Semitic and a 'Hamitic' branch: it is currently divided into at least five families of approximately equal age: Semitic, berbero-Libyan, Kusitic, Omotic, and Chadic."

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite well understand the concept of caucasianizing
North and East Africa being introduced to it by
ben Jochanan's books the Black Man's North and
East Africa
and Black Man of the Nile and His Family.

Sergi did not invent nor has anything to do with
the concept of EurAfrican = North African cauc(asian/asoid)
and it's wrong to say that he did.

In Sergi's scheme North African are only one branch
of EurAfricans. Sergi's EurAfricans originate in
East Africa as a black people (African division)
who through natural selection become progressively
depigmented as they migrate north (Mediterranean
division of divers colours) and nearly depleted of
pigment in the farthest north (Nordic division).
The anthropologists at the time weren't at all
happy that Sergi was making the bulk of European
peoples mutated descendents of black Africans.

Sergi, long before Bernal, dismantled the Aryan
Model of Greco-Latin civilization through the
lexicon.

I can't at the moment leaf through my copy of Sergi
but if you can please supply citations of Sergi
being involved in the caucasianizing of dark
Africans I would appreciate it.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Sergi did not invent nor has anything to do with
the concept of EurAfrican = North African cauc(asian/asoid).

Again - it is the same concept. That's why Medicentrists such as the Dienekes and Racial Reality rely on it.

quote:
In Sergi's scheme North African are only one branch of EurAfricans.
In Sergi and Coons scheme North African are only one branch of Caucasoid -- again -- is the same root concept.

quote:
Sergi's EurAfricans originate in
who through natural selection become progressivelydepigmented as they migrate north

Differs from Coon [The Races of Europe] only in that Coon originated his dark caucasians in Southern Arabia and then spread them North and South.

quote:
(Mediterranean
division of divers colours) and nearly depleted of pigment in the farthest north (Nordic division).

What exactly do you think Mediterranean and Nordic are sub-divisions of (?)

It is as if you are distracted by the superfluous use of EurAfrican as opposed to Caucasian but missing the central point that his racial classification scheme places Europeans and Egyptians - in one race, and "Negroes" in another.

quote:
The anthropologists at the time weren't at all happy that Sergi was making the bulk of European peoples mutated descendents of black Africans.
Sergi was simply a Medicentrist attempting to counter Aryanist Nordicist in the 1940's NAZI era.

He countered their claim that blue eyed blondes were the 'greatest' by proclaing 'the Medit Race is the greatest in the world'.

Both Nordicist and Medicentrics argue that these are variation of a common Euro-centered super-race.

Both are equally racist towards Africans and Asians whose civilisations they claim were really created by Euro-centered master race - to which they claim they belong.

At any rate, you are too much taken up with defending Sergi, as a personality.

You think he was a nice/guy - well intended, I don't. His only interest was in defending southern european 'race/pride' against northern europeans, and the results are just as racist.

But what is more to the point is that his ideas of the medit. race are null and void and current scholarship. He was wrong. Period.

blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]
It is as if you are distracted by the superfluous use of EurAfrican as opposed to Caucasian but missing the central point that his racial classification scheme places Europeans and Egyptians - in one race, and "Negroes" in another.

Rasol,
The same can be said for Semitic.

Posts: 342 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

^ Then you should have no problem answering my question:

quote:
Why? Semitic is a language family, not a race:

semitic - subfamily of Afroasiatic languages that includes Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Ethiopic, Hebrew, and Phoenician.

blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
quote:
^ Then you should have no problem answering my question:

quote:
Why? Semitic is a language family, not a race:

Rasol,
according to your previous definition. They are not in the negroe race.

rasol
Member # 4592

^ Really? Where did I define a negro race? Since I don't believe such a thing exists, i'd be hard pressed to define it.

Perhaps you misunderstood something?

I cited Sergi's definition, not 'mine'.

The point is that his racial definitions are invalid.

Hope this helps.

blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Rasol,
I understand you and appreciate your inputs.
However, Semitic is viewed as a race of people seperate from negroes, blacks, or whatever.

I understand and believe there is only one race and it is the human race. However, if Hamitic is racist, Semitic is also racist.

The only diffence I see between Semitic and Hamitic now is a group of languages some people defined as semitic.

The only language in the semitic family that may be consider black, negro, or whatever is Ethio.
We both know that ethiopians are classified as caucasian when it best fits their terms.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by blackman:
Semitic is viewed as a race of people seperate from negroes, blacks, or whatever.

By whom?

I have already provided you with a definition of semitic in which semitic in current scholarhship is a language - not a race.

Name a current anthropologist who states that Semitic is a racial classification, and idea that his not been much in favor since Hitler put a bullet in his head. (?)

Your turn.....

blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
rasol,
I think we are speaking two different terms.
You are using race from one person's view and then asking me to quote race from another scientific view.

We both know today semitic is not consider to be black. Foget what you and I may view about race.

My question is:
If Semitic is tied to a related group of languages, why can't hamitic be tied to a group of related languages?

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
rasol,
I think we are speaking two different terms.

I don't know. I provided a definition of semitic that is not racial.

I asked you for a source of semitic as a racial classifier.

You really never answered.

I provided a term that has a definition. You have not.

quote:
You are using race from one person's view
I'm not using race at all.

quote:
and then asking me to quote race from another scientific view.
Semantic slip (?) -> 'another scientific' view?

You mean the one that actually exists in which semitic is a language, as opposed to the 'non-existent one' in which it is a race?

I only ask you to substantiate your view with some scholarship or sources.

It is fair to say that you have not done so, because you don't have one, so what more do you want from me?

quote:
We both know today semitic is not consider to be black.
Do you know what a non-sequitur is?

It means a conclusion that does not relate logically the 'evidence cited in support of it.

ie - "We both know that Cows are not rainfall".

Cows are animals, rainfall is weather, the comparision therefore non-sequitur and nonsensical.

Non-sequitur's usually occur in defense of a nonsensical proposition such as:

"Semitic is not black."

Black is color, semitic is language. The statement is non-sequitur in defense of nonsense.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by blackman:
My question is:
If Semitic is tied to a related group of languages, why can't hamitic be tied to a group of related languages?

This question has been answered 3 times now:

quote:

Diakonoff

"The term Hamito-Semitic is unacceptable, because the linguitic macrofamily in question CANNOT be divided into a Semitic and a 'Hamitic' branch: it is currently divided into at least five families of approximately equal age: Semitic, Berber, Kushitic, Omotic, and Chadic."

Can you tell us why you ignore the answer, and keep repeating the question?
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
It's not the same concept.

You are too taken up with lashing out against
anything you feel is associated with the word
cauc(asian/asoid) as evidenced by your near
always misspelling of the word (kaka-zoid,
k-zoid etc.).

You're choosing not to address Sergi as a separate
individual due to your righteous bias against the
Caucasian/Caucasoid designation that Europeans have
chosen as a general self-identifier and have chosen
to misapply to any and all peoples in either their
physical or cultural ancestry.

So you refuse to digest, despite it being repeated,
that Sergi fought against the anthropologists of
his time who classified East Africans as dark whites,
the proverbial "Hamitic caucasoids" (if not
Caucasian indigenous Africans) by reminding them
"they are black, how can they be white." I find
it impossible to see how that serves to caucasianize.

Carter G. Woodson used Sergi, Dana Reynolds uses Sergi,
as does a host of independent minded Afrikan scholars.
Are they Medicentricists for doing so?

Population genetics sees human origins as starting
black (tropically adapted) in East Africa and becoming
depigmented outside of the tropics, declining as
migration progressed through the temperate zone
to the sub-arctic and once glacial zones. Are they
too running a caucasianizing game?

If the so-called caucasoids of Europe didn't arise
from East Africans then who did they mutate from
and why do they have the E3b that they do?

EurAfrican doesn't equal cauc(asian/asoid) no
matter how often you say it does.

Do you have citations of Sergi practicing the
deceptive art of caucasianizing the East Africans
who are his African division of the EurAfricans?
For the third time I ask you for citations from
Sergi to that effect.
Can you produce any?
Have you read Sergi for yourself?

Before going any further I'd greatly appreciate
compliance to those requests rather than avoiding
them with more subjectivity.

quote:
Again - it is the same concept. That's why Medicentrists such as the Dienekes and Racial Reality rely on it.

quote:
In Sergi's scheme North African are only one branch of EurAfricans.
In Sergi and Coons scheme North African are only one branch of Caucasoid -- again -- is the same root concept.

quote:
Sergi's EurAfricans originate in
who through natural selection become progressivelydepigmented as they migrate north

Differs from Coon [The Races of Europe] only in that Coon originated his dark caucasians in Southern Arabia and then spread them North and South.

quote:
(Mediterranean
division of divers colours) and nearly depleted of pigment in the farthest north (Nordic division).

What exactly do you think Mediterranean and Nordic are sub-divisions of (?)

quote:
The anthropologists at the time weren't at all happy that Sergi was making the bulk of European peoples mutated descendents of black Africans.
Sergi was simply a Medicentrist attempting to counter Aryanist Nordicist in the 1940's NAZI era.

He countered their claim that blue eyed blondes were the 'greatest' by proclaing 'the Medit Race is the greatest in the world'.

Both Nordicist and Medicentrics argue that these are variation of a common Euro-centered super-race.

Both are equally racist towards Africans and Asians whose civilisations they claim were really created by Euro-centered master race - to which they claim they belong.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri
You are too taken up with lashing out against
anything you feel is associated with the word
cauc(asian/asoid)

Actually not only is this wrong, but you have it precisely backwards....the "specific terms" are irrelevant.

It is the concept that is faulty.

That's why i'm not distracted by alterations in the terms - Eurafrican, Hamite, Caucasian, white, and am able to focus on the substance of what is being said.

In huksterism [con games, or magic tricks], various methods of destraction are used to facilitate deception.

One method might fool one half of the audience, but the other may see thru it.

Another method might fool the other half of the audience.

I am the guy trying to get the ENTIRE AUDIENCE to ignore the distractions so as to reveal the underlying trick.

Now, I'll address the rest of your post...

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:

You're choosing not to address Sergi as a separate individual

This is also incorrect.

I am choosing to not 'personalise' the matter.

I am specifically addressing the IDEAS.

You are taken up with a personal defense of 'Sergi'...which is illogical and I can show you how.....

Sergi claimed that certain groups of Africans - such as the Tutsi - were "EurAfricans", and belonged to a common race with Nordes as distinct from other Africans.

I have a simple question for you.

Do you agree with this?

Yes or no?

If yes, please present proof.

If not....

Don't tell us about Sergi - just tell us about the ideology of EuAfrican race - you either agree with this, or you do not.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I think I asked you some questions in previous posts
and up to my last post which you continue to evade.

So you can't provide any asked for citations from Sergi

and

you refuse to clarify rather or not you've read Sergi

yet

you continue to color Sergi by yoking him to Coon.

Interesting.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
You refuse to address....that Sergi fought against the anthropologists of
his time

Once again, a personal defense of Sergi, which refuses to confront the *ideas* in question.

quote:
yet you color Sergi by yoking him to Coon
Same error, personal pity pleas for Sergi, irrelevant to the fact that his race classification system has been debunked.

quote:
who classified East Africans as dark whites, the proverbial "Hamitic caucasoids" (if not Caucasian indigenous Africans) by reminding them "they are black, how can they be white."
...which merely begs the question - they are African, how can they be "Eur-African". (????)

If you see thru the semantics you will recognise that Black/whites, Eu/Africans and Caucasoid North Africans - are the same Eurocentric fallacy weilded to the same effect.

The fact is that Ancient Egyptians, like WaTutsi were Black and not white, and African and not European.

The Mediterranean race is as big a fraud as Aryan race, and that's why neither concept has currency in current scholarship.

I will dismiss any additional *in defense of Sergi* arguments you profer as personalising, and irrelevant.

You may however defend the Mediterranean race, or the EuAfrican race - if you feel so inclined, and I hear you out.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I see you're not going to answer any of the questions I've asked you
but instead invent a position for me I've never promoted or backed.

Truly this is the finest in the art of personalizing
and true debate tactic near akin to grandstanding.

Please review my posts and answer my questions just as you ask others to answer your question
else find yourself guilty of the same accusations
you make of those who evade your questions, thank you.

--------------------

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, you see, we're still discussing 'definitions' here, and essentially substantiating the point that I made, also quoting Stokely Carmichael "Those who can define are the masters"

Who gives a rat's a.. what Sergi, Coon, and other Eurocentrists had to say about the term "Hamite, etc." They didn't invent anything, but merely corrupted it; the whole point of co-opting this term was to make the Ancient Egyptians into white folks by using the euphemism "caucasian"! Any other meaning or purpose of this corrupted term is just collateral damage...

Here's some Hamites to peruse...
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/people.html

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:

If the so-called caucasoids of Europe didn't arise from East Africans then who did they mutate from?

Everyone on earth is descendant from East Africans - Australian Aborigines, Chinese....not just Europeans.

This is essential to understanding the racist ruse-fallacy of caucaZoid, which attempts to define Africans by Europe in complete contradiction to the reality of human anthropology.

I must credit Eurocentrists, in the spirit of giving the devil his due: the nubia fallacy, hamites, caucasoids....they continue to bamboozle African scholars poorly grounded in the natural sciences.

But why oh why do "we" ignore modern African scientists like Keita and Kettles and continue to quote the outdated scholarship of Eurocentric racists?

In one view
the Horn was the hypothesized source of the
the ancestors of nearly all Europeans except some Germans, who together with some Africans
formed a taxon called ‘‘Eurafrican’’ (Sergi,
1901). In another view, the Horn was the
postulated place of origin of the ancestors of
supra-Saharan Africans, southern Europeans,
and southwest Asians, but not most northern
or central Europeans, and called the
‘‘Brown Race’’ initially (Smith, 1911, 1923).However, the theory that has had the greatest
influence, and still persists in one form or
another in some disciplines, was put forth by
Seligman (1930), who stated that the peoples
of the Horn–Nile basin and supra-Saharan
regions were primarily the descendants of
southwest Asian immigrants into Africa
(i.e., were settler colonists), who arrived at
some time in the unspecified past. These
immigrants were called ‘‘Hamites’’ (a term
not original to Seligman), and constructed as
‘‘dark pastoral Europeans’’ who allegedly
brought ‘‘Hamitic’’ languages, narrow noses
and faces, linear body builds, lighter skin
coloration, and any ‘significant’’ cultural
innovation to Africa, with the exception,
interestingly, of agriculture (see Sanders,
1969; MacGaffey, 1966).

Dana Rynolds, the Myth of the Mediterranean race:

The anthropological concept of a Mediterranean Race or Mediterranean Type has long been used to denote long-headed gracile types of men anciently inhabiting the lands around the Mediterranean, and alleged by some of its more extreme proponents to be ancestral to modern Europeans and Caucasoid types in Asia and Africa. It is a concept that has been predicated upon erroneous idea, and sustained by fallacious notions of the processes involved in human biological evolution an morphological variation."

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
well, you see, we're still discussing 'definitions' here, and essentially substantiating the point that I made, also quoting Stokely Carmichael "Those who can define are the masters"

At least that's not a nursery rhyme. [Smile]

quote:

Who gives a rat's a.. what Sergi, Coon, and other Eurocentrists had to say about the term "Hamite, etc."

You do. Because you are quoting them. With great respect - you clearly do not fully understand what you are quoting.

For the last time - the definition you give comes straight from Sergi, so I guess -'he's the master'.

If you stop quoting him, then....problem solved.

For me this discussion is like discussing Nubia with Kenndo.

If only Africans would take a serious approach to the natural sciences we could get past the tendancy to rely on the outdated constructs of Eurocentrism, and accidently reinforce some of their noxious concepts [much to their delight i assure you], in the guise of opposing them.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
I see you're not going to answer any of the questions I've asked you.

You wish.

Did you read the articles from Keita and Reynolds?

What answer did you not understand?

What question do you have left?

quote:
and true debate tactic near akin to grandstanding.
You would know.

Grandstanding is ignoring my questions, ignoring my answers to yours, ignoring the scholars and studies cited - accussing me of not answering, and then running off.

You can't even answer a simple direct yes or no question as to whether the Tutsi or Huti belong to the "EuAfrican race" or not. (?)

Why is that?

Isn't it because you know Euafricans are bogus?

If so, what then are you defending (?), a personality as opposed to and idea??

Whenever you're ready, AlTakruri.....

blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

[QUOTE]
Diakonoff

"The term Hamito-Semitic is unacceptable, because the linguitic macrofamily in question CANNOT be divided into a Semitic and a 'Hamitic' branch: it is currently divided into at least five families of approximately equal age: Semitic, Berber, Kushitic, Omotic, and Chadic."

Can you tell us why you ignore the answer, and keep repeating the question?
Rasol,
The definition you provided 3 times is for Hamito-Semitic. I'm not talking about hamito-semitic.

I asked only for hamitic language.
Is it that hamitic can not be linked to a family of languages just as semitic has been?

Who defined semitic and why you accept it?

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Rasol,
The definition you provided 3 times is for Hamito-Semitic. I'm not talking about hamito-semitic.

I asked only for hamitic language.

The definition explains why languages cannot be divided into hamitic and semitic. Thus, it answers question pertaining to why there is no 'hamitic' language group.

quote:
Is it that hamitic can not be linked to a family of languages just as semitic has been?
No, it's that linguists can divide Afrisan phylum into cushitic, chadic, berber, omotic, and semitic.

They cannot divide it into hamitic and semitic.

No current linguist divides african languages into hamitic and semitic.

quote:
Who defined semitic and why do you accept it
Linguists, based on similarities of grammer, root morphology, verbs, nouns, word order, and other factors. I know of no linguists who rejects the existence of Semitic languages....do you?
blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Who defined semitic and why do you accept it
Linguists, based on similarities of grammer, root morphology, verbs, nouns, word order, and other factors. I know of no linguists who rejects the existence of Semitic languages....do you?
Rasol,
I think we are starting to see more a like.
So, you are saying the same can't be done for hamitic?

rasol
Member # 4592

^ That's what linguists are saying, virtually *all* of them.
blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Rasol,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic_languages

The most widely spoken Semitic language today is Arabic1 (206 million speakers), followed by Amharic (27 million speakers), Hebrew (7 million speakers), and Tigrinya (6.75 million speakers). Semitic languages were among the earliest to attain a written form, with Akkadian writing beginning in the middle of the third millennium BC. The term "Semitic" for these languages, after Shem son of Noah, is etymologically a misnomer in some ways (see Semitic), but is nonetheless standard.

Please note Semitic is a misnomer. However, it is accepted.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
The languages were among the earliest to attain a written form, with Akkadian writing beginning in the middle of the third millennium BC. The term "Semitic" for these languages, after Shem son of Noah, is etymologically a misnomer in some ways (see Semitic), but is nonetheless standard.
^ Correct.

quote:
Please note Semitic is a misnomer. However, it is accepted.
...because it denotes a group of related languages - same as all the other language groups.

Virtually all the terms of all languages are misnomers in the sense that they do not originally represent language groups, or if they do, not the groups they presently reference.

For example Berber is originally a Greek word referencing Germanics.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
You haven't read Sergi either and wrongly mallign
the man and associate him with ones he'd counter.
He didn't advocate white Egyptians as you assert,
nor did he label them caucasian like you
say he did, nor did he corrupt the term Hamite the
way you accuse him of doing.

It's simply wrong to post erroneous material no
matter who's doing it. It's a sign of sloppy
scholarship which takes away from the otherwise
brilliant work undertaken by all serious posters
here who aim to set the record straight about all
things related to Africa and her people and civilizations.

Sergi precisely used Hamite per the Hebrew usage
since his Hamites are the red and black Africans
of East Africa and North Africa with tawny Africans
of North Africa thrown in.
The Hebrews only knew of some parts of East Africa
and some parts of North Africa. Africa, certain
Levantine regions, and at least Crete were b*nei
Hham lands to the Hebrews.

When encountering anthropologists of his time who
labeled the Egyptians white, Sergi's response was
quote:

A celbrated anthropologist, when measuring
the heads of the mummies of the Pharaohs
preserved in the Pyramids, wrote that the
Egyptians belonged to the white race. His
statement meant nothing; we could construct
a syllogism showing that the Egyptians are
Germans, since the latter are also fair. De
Quatrefages classified the Abyssinians among
the white races, but if they are black, how
can they be white?

Guiseppi Sergi
The Mediterranean Race

p.35

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
Who gives a rat's a.. what Sergi, Coon, and other Eurocentrists had to say about the term "Hamite, etc." They didn't invent anything, but merely corrupted it; the whole point of co-opting this term was to make the Ancient Egyptians into white folks by using the euphemism "caucasian"! Any other meaning or purpose of this corrupted term is just collateral damage...

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
You know full well my statement is in reference
to E3b ancestry and descent not the first out of
Africa HSS migrations.

You yourself have written plenty here about E3b
working its way in to the Balkans, Aegean, and
Adriatic populations.

It's a debaters trick to try to turn my words
inside out to attempt to nullify them by using
them otherwise than how they were given.

"Australians Aborigines, Chinese....not just Europeans"
is a statement meant to distract and disarm and has
nothing to do with the peoples we're examining; the
East Africans directly ancestral to some North Africans
and some north Mediterraneans approaching proto-historic
times.

quote:
quote:

If the so-called caucasoids of Europe didn't arise from East Africans then who did they mutate from?

Everyone on earth is descendant from East Africans - Australian Aborigines, Chinese....not just Europeans.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Before you continue getting it twisted the only
point I'm making is that your statement
quote:

... Guiseppe Sergi, one of the prime author s of the North Africa caucasoid myth.

is erroneous.

Sergi has authored no work purporting any North
Africa caucasoid myth and you have failed to
produce any direct quote, in or out of context,
directly from Sergi in support of your statement.

I continue to await such a properly cited quote as reference.

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
What questions left unanswered you ask? Why, these here ones:

1 - can please supply citations of Sergi
Africans

2 - Carter G. Woodson used Sergi, Dana Reynolds uses Sergi,
as does a host of independent minded Afrikan scholars.
Are they Medicentricists for doing so?

3 - Population genetics sees human origins as starting
black (tropically adapted) in East Africa and becoming
depigmented outside of the tropics, declining as
migration progressed through the temperate zone
to the sub-arctic and once glacial zones. Are they
too running a caucasianizing game?

4 - If the so-called caucasoids of Europe didn't arise
from East Africans then who did they mutate from
and why do they have the E3b that they do?
[AND DO NOT CHOP OFF THE CONCLUDING QUESTION PART LIKE YOU DID BEFORE]

5 - Have you read Sergi for yourself?

All this is but a coda to the song of your error
in attributing the caucasianization of North Africa
to Sergi. I believe my first post in protest to
that explained that I don't follow Sergi in all
he wrote but rather view part of his thesis as
a precursor to facts uncovered by population
genetics; the East African origin of E3b and
its expansion to North Africa and the northern
Mediterranean.

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Can anyone make any intelligence out of this personal attack or even the Gobineau/Nazi equation?

Start making coherent sense man.

quote:
Originally posted by Africa:
Gobineau is the precursor of Nazism, anyone who followed his ideas is called a Nazi, now since you follow a Mediterranean supremacist(Sergi), I guess we should call you a Mediterranean Fascist or Evil Euro...it's 2006...wake up man...
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
What questions left unanswered you ask?

Mine.

Are the Tutsi and/or Hutu Euafricans or not?

Yes or no?

Last time i'm asking.

If you refuse to answer but reply with more of your argumentative jibberish - - I'll just ignore you.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:

Africans.

Don't now what 'caucasianizing dark africans' would mean, except that you need to put words in my mouth in order to evade the dealing with sergi's words:

"the kinship of the early inhabitants of
Britain to the North African white race" (The Mediterranean Race)

Sergi considers EuAfricans proto-European, essentially proto-Caucazoids - he includes Tutsi and Swedes in the same Euro-centered race.

Keep pretending to 'not get it'.

It pleases me.

It simply means you know his ideas are 'garbage' and you can't defend them, so you distract with nonsense like...

quote:
2 - Carter G. Woodson used Sergi, Dana Reynolds uses Sergi,as does a host of independent minded Afrikan scholars. Are they Medicentricists for doing so?
Of course not. I'm using Sergi too. I'm not a Medicentrist. Who said that "using" him makes you a medicentrist...no one. Another silly distraction from you posing as and unanswered question.

Dany Reynolds WHOLE THESIS is that that the Medit. race is a fraud. Of course you ignore this in order to continue your nonsensical and desparate 'defense of sergi'

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Exactly my reply to your refusal to answer my questions!

quote:
If you refuse to answer but reply with more of your argumentative jibberish - - I'll just ignore you.
You already know my stance on the existance of
any races as well as the fact that I don't
follow or entirely agree with any scholar, be
it Sergi or you.

Goodnight.

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Once again since you still make pretend not to get it.

You were wrong when you wrote that Sergi was into
the caucasian north africa myth, wrong, wrong, wrong.

That's all.

Sergi like all turn of the 20th century anthropologists
was essentially barking up the wrong tree

yet

East Africans => North Africans => to north Meds
is borne out by up to date population genetics
re E3b and you can't deny it.

Other things in real life to do now, see ya manana.

quote:
quote:

Africans.

Don't now what 'caucasianizing dark africans' would mean, except that you need to put words in my mouth in order to evade the dealing with sergi's words:

"the kinship of the early inhabitants of
Britain to the North African white race" (The Mediterranean Race)

Sergi considers EuAfricans proto-European, essentially proto-Caucazoids - he includes Tutsi and Swedes in the same Euro-centered race.

Keep pretending to 'not get it'.

It pleases me.

It simply means you know his ideas are 'garbage' and you can't defend them, so you distract with nonsense...

Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is a waste of time...
quote:
alTakruri:Me, I going back over the excellent recent threads like
the Naqada one and the proto-Semitic vs Ethio-Semitic
one, both of which have lots of smarts to digest.

That would be a smart move finally; unfortunately you're disappointing me again: you're still around....

plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You haven't read Sergi either and wrongly mallign
the man and associate him with ones he'd counter.
He didn't advocate white Egyptians as you assert,
nor did he label them caucasian like you
say he did, nor did he corrupt the term Hamite the
way you accuse him of doing.

Evergreen Writes:

You make a good point. We would all be well served to go back and read his work first hand.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:

EurAfrican = k-zoid mythology.
EurAfrican is what is wrong.

That's why it was dumped by anthropologist and is no longer taken seriously, and is more often cited as and example of outdated racist scholarship.

Therefore what "I" think of it is the least of your problems.

Evidently you don't think much of it either, as you cannot answer the simplist question pertaining to it.

So why should we take your nearly hysterical defense of EurAfricans seriously? [Roll Eyes]

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:
We would all be well served to go back and read his work first hand.

Much of his work is freely available on-line:

Medit Race myths

"[We have] - the strongest corroboration of the theory of the kinship of early inhabitants of Britain to the North African white race." - p. 246

Al Takruri writes: You were wrong when you wrote that Sergi was into the caucasian north africa myth [Eek!]

It's called the Medit Myth Al Takruri...it's the same myth.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Much of hiswork</a> is available on-line for free
Evergreen Writes:

Thanks!

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
You keep pretending not to know where I'm taking
you though I've clearly spelled it out time and
again so let me post t again

Of course the bulk of 19th/20th century race science
of physical anthropology was wrong. All of us here
have acknowledged that time and again.

That's no excuse to ascribe things to people that
they had nothing to do with. That tactic is used
by the blogs you've complained about. Why do you
use the same tactic?

It's no different blaming Sergi for Coon than fingering
Van Sertima for Winters. The former popularized
the study of the African impact on ancient America
with a partial focus on the Olmec and their probable
Nile Valley connection. The latter claims that
the Olmec were Mande. The anti-African bloogers
say Van Sertima and Winters are saying the self
same concept but always use Winter's work to
illustrate their point.

That's the same thing you're doing to Sergi via Coon.

The fact is you haven't read Sergi for yourself
so can't independently critique him but only
parrot from others reviews, and those others
haven't read Sergi either.

That's the point I've made and quite successfully so.

quote:
quote:

EurAfrican = k-zoid mythology.
EurAfrican is what is wrong.

That's why it was dumped by anthropologist and is no longer taken seriously, and is more often cited as and example of outdated racist scholarship.

Therefore what "I" think of it is the least of your problems.

Evidently you don't think much of it either, as you cannot answer the simplist question pertaining to it.

So why should we take your nearly hysterical defense of EurAfricans seriously? [Roll Eyes]

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
You keep pretending not to know where I'm taking
you

Give it up AlTakruri. You're just making a fool of yourself. Unless you can answer questions you have nothing to say.

From G. Sergi: "[We have] - the strongest corroboration of the theory of the kinship of early inhabitants of Britain to the North African white race." - p. 246 [Eek!]

Al Takruri writes: You were wrong when you wrote that Sergi was into the caucasian north africa myth. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
rasol writes: AlTakruri can't even answer a simple direct yes or no question as to whether the Tutsi or Huti belong to the "EuAfrican race" or not. (?)

Why is that?

A dozen replies and going on 30 paragraphs of dissembing, but, no answer....
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
If so I'm in the fool line way behind you
and only in your eyes, the eyes of the
court jester.

As expected you refuse to answer the questions
which show you are wrong then you go on the
personal attack route.

Shows the intellectual bankruptcy at work.

--------------------

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
AlTakruri: If so I'm in the fool line way behind you
and only in your eyes

If you still advocate the Medterreanean race myth, you are behind modern anthropology. That's why you can't answer any questions about the ideology you are defending.

Not our fault that you won't update your thinking.

And since you refuse to answer my questions, I have little choice but to dismiss you as a sore loser ranting after the fact

Moving on....
quote:
quote:
quote:

Much of hiswork</a> is available on-line for free
Evergreen Writes:

Thanks!

Sergi extends his so called non-Negro Mediterranean race to even to the Mtsea of Uganda, whom he calls "EurAfricans" [page 245].

Sergi is the original Meditcentrist, he tries to deal with the issue of African admixture in Europe by conjuring up a fake Medittereanean race - and assigning Ancient Egyptians, Nubians and many other Africans to it.

His strategy, which will naturally go over the head of those WHO DUCK for cover -> attempts to deflect the reality of African admixture in southern Europe by reassigning Africans to a Euro-centered race.

This is the birth of Dienekes and Evil Euro's notion that Africa was originally populated by Medittereanean caucasoids.

This is the core Medicentric mytho/argument.

To fail to grasp this, is to completely fail to understand the nature of Eurocentrism and it's two sub-catagories - Nordicism and Medicentrism, in anthropology.

The core Medicentric/Eurocentric claim has been utterly de-bunked by modern anthropology:

Rightmire GP.
Prehistoric human crania from Bromhead's Site:

The evidence hardly suggests post-Pleistocene domination of the Rift and surrounding territory by "Mediterranean Caucasoids", as has been claimed.

Recent linguistic and archaeological findings are also reviewed, and these seem to support application of the term Nilotic Negro to the early Rift populations
- Rightmire GP. [Smile]

RIP the Meditterranean race excuse for African admixture in Europe.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com