EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: Diaspora Africans should get "Automatic Citizenship" to any African country

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Diaspora Africans should get "Automatic Citizenship" to any African country
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...as a way to encourage their participation in African affairs.

In any case, they have a BIRTH-RIGHT to be African citizens don't they? Why should we give a damn about the current systems of deciding who a "citizen" of a country is. Clearly, the current system is designed to maintain the status-quo (white supremacy) and I for one (don't know about chu!), would like to DESTROY that status-quo [Smile]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
African do not want any type of foreigner telling them how to run their affaires. The only groups/people who may know where their origins are are the Haitians, some groups from Cuba, Brazil where the Yoruba language is familiar and similat locals. Most people would not care and wouldl not have the skills necessary to fit into an African discovered homeland!
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I did not say they should come to African to rule (i.e. as political leaders), that would be a stupid idea. I meant that they should have a right to go back home if they want, without having to go through the hoops that some countries might have. And once they have settled down, they should be allowed to do anything any other citizen is allowed to do in the country, including running for office. To prevent the West (i.e white people) from using this to their advantage (by turning some diaspora Africans), there could be a law that only 2nd generation diaspora Africans (who went back home) could assume all the rights of born-citizens.

There are MANY Diaspora Africans who wish to go back home, all I'm saying is that there should be a "process" in place to make it easier for them. Karma cannot be avoided and I think it's time we started treating our own like "our own", UNO?

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do Africans continue to bring their modern political continental-pan African views on this board??
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^because we can [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com