EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Lactose tolerance and evolution in East Africa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lactose tolerance and evolution in East Africa
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comments? Lactose tolerance and evolution in East Africa
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent article that shows again the high genetical diversity among Africans.
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Professor" Horemheb asks -> Wheres the beef?

The first clear evidence of cattle in Africa is from a site 8,000 years old in northwestern Sudan.

Cattle there were domesticated independently from two other domestications,

in the Near East

and the Indus Valley of India.

Answer, the 'beef' came from....
Africa, SouthWest Asia, and India....not Europe.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farting'd be the result if there's no tolerance [Frown]

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see dear Lamin, you have been at the lactose tolerance business before. So, is lactose tolerance superior to lactose intolerance? Because White's seem to be great milk feeders? But the lactose intolerance can be by-passed by souring the milk, cheese making or making an alcoholic beverage. I have read some articles which claim that milk is not good for us, that there are better sources for calcium. That milk is even harmfull! Who to believe? I love cheese and while travelling, cheese is the first thing I miss. Will make some Cream/Danish Blue sauce this week to be eaten with pasta.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goat's milk is lactose free and offers a higher percentage of Vitamin D relative to Cow's milk.

Advantage of Cow's milk versus Goat's milk? Quantity is the only advantage.

Rasol, of course Cattle herding began in Africa. What, did you believe that Euro spin.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^Of course you're the only one who believes Europeans domesticated any animals. I.e. the goat lol.

Btw, Goat's milk is not lactose free but has 7% less lactose than cow's milk.

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

If you like milk and other dairy products, then consider yourself lucky if you have the mutation in the LCT (Lactase) gene that allows you to enjoy them without bloating, cramping and diarrhea! These are the symptoms of lactose intolerance.

It may surprise you to learn that lactose tolerance (sometimes also called “lactase persistence”, that is the ability of human adults to digest milk products without experiencing the aforementioned symptoms), is unique among mammals and a relatively new trait among humans.

The history of lactose tolerance is fascinating, as it involves a genetic variant that spread within and among human populations due to positive natural selection , because of the survival and reproductive advantages that it conferred on those who carried it.
Lactose is a natural sugar found in milk and most dairy products that is broken down by the enzyme lactase, produced by cells in the digestive tract. At birth, all mammals produce the lactase enzyme and can therefore drink their mother’s milk without experiencing bloating, cramping or diarrhea. After weaning however, mammal infants stop producing lactase and prepare for an adult diet of raw meats, grass or other delicacies!! Originally, this was also the case for all humans. However, a few thousand years ago a mutation occurred in the lactase gene of one human ancestor that allowed him or her to continue to digest the lactose in dairy products into adulthood. This is why the trait is sometimes called “lactase persistence”. We do not know who this ancestor was, but it is likely that this person lived somewhere in Europe and belonged to a group that kept milk-producing animals.

The continued production of lactase into adulthood turned out to be highly advantageous, probably because it provided a rich and constant source of nutrition and fluid in groups that kept dairy animals. Individuals in such groups that did not carry the mutation seem to have been at a relative disadvantage, particularly at times when dairy products were the only nourishment available. As a result, the underlying mutation quickly spread within Northern Europe and to some other parts of the world and rose, through positive natural selection , to high frequency in many populations that used domesticated animals such as cattle and goats.

Lactose intolerance ranges in frequency from 2-5% in Northern Europe and up to nearly 100% in Asia, South-Africa and Latin-America, with intermediate rates in North-America and North-Africa. An estimated 30 to 50 million American adults are thought to be lactose intolerant.

http://demo.decodeme.com/xtrait/introduction/LI

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Knowledgeiskey718:
^^^Of course you're the only one who believes Europeans domesticated any animals. I.e. the goat lol.

Btw, Goat's milk is not lactose free but has 7% less lactose than cow's milk.

Goat's milk causes no intolerance symptoms and is up to 50% higher in Vitamin D.

It was you who stated that animal domestication first occurred in Europe. To your credit, it was from yet another cut and paste you posted but didn't understand. I attempted to correct your usual wrong assumption.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
Goat's milk is lactose free and offers a higher percentage of Vitamin D relative to Cow's milk.

Advantage of Cow's milk versus Goat's milk? Quantity is the only advantage.

Rasol, of course Cattle herding began in Africa. What, did you believe that Euro spin.

Last week I tasted goat's buttermilk for the first time. It tasted like some fresh lemonade. But the goats cheese tasts horrid and reminds me of a huge, stinking and belligerent male goat. Actually, like coriander herb, these things only taste well when you travel. The aroma of the coriander herb at home reminds me of insecticide, but taste wonderful on roasted sheep liver in Tunis.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by finished:
 -

If you like milk and other dairy products, then consider yourself lucky if you have the mutation in the LCT (Lactase) gene that allows you to enjoy them without bloating, cramping and diarrhea! These are the symptoms of lactose intolerance.

It may surprise you to learn that lactose tolerance (sometimes also called “lactase persistence”, that is the ability of human adults to digest milk products without experiencing the aforementioned symptoms), is unique among mammals and a relatively new trait among humans.

The history of lactose tolerance is fascinating, as it involves a genetic variant that spread within and among human populations due to positive natural selection , because of the survival and reproductive advantages that it conferred on those who carried it.
Lactose is a natural sugar found in milk and most dairy products that is broken down by the enzyme lactase, produced by cells in the digestive tract. At birth, all mammals produce the lactase enzyme and can therefore drink their mother’s milk without experiencing bloating, cramping or diarrhea. After weaning however, mammal infants stop producing lactase and prepare for an adult diet of raw meats, grass or other delicacies!! Originally, this was also the case for all humans. However, a few thousand years ago a mutation occurred in the lactase gene of one human ancestor that allowed him or her to continue to digest the lactose in dairy products into adulthood. This is why the trait is sometimes called “lactase persistence”. We do not know who this ancestor was, but it is likely that this person lived somewhere in Europe and belonged to a group that kept milk-producing animals.

The continued production of lactase into adulthood turned out to be highly advantageous, probably because it provided a rich and constant source of nutrition and fluid in groups that kept dairy animals. Individuals in such groups that did not carry the mutation seem to have been at a relative disadvantage, particularly at times when dairy products were the only nourishment available. As a result, the underlying mutation quickly spread within Northern Europe and to some other parts of the world and rose, through positive natural selection , to high frequency in many populations that used domesticated animals such as cattle and goats.

Lactose intolerance ranges in frequency from 2-5% in Northern Europe and up to nearly 100% in Asia, South-Africa and Latin-America, with intermediate rates in North-America and North-Africa. An estimated 30 to 50 million American adults are thought to be lactose intolerant.

http://demo.decodeme.com/xtrait/introduction/LI

Indeed, this has been discussed before. One thing about the article, it mentions the tolerance likely arose in Europe, well yea, the tolerance for Europeans arose in Europe, but African pastoralists also developed this tolerance first and independently, from Europeans, therefore African pastoralists did not acquire this trait from outside admixture. It was developed independently by different farming societies, due to the different time-frames of the adaptation to the consumption of lactose, which was due to the spread of farming and domestication of animals which developed in situ Africa, long before it was introduced into Europe.

quote:
[QB] Testing the Hypothesis of an African Cattle Contribution in Southern
European Breeds (H2).

http://www.pnas.org/content/103/21/8113.full.pdf+html?sid=5a7e2127-600a-4e72-90e9-e4ae9c1f1ffd

Our extensive sampling across North Africa
reveals that the T1 haplogroup is almost fixed across this region
(Fig. 2). Nevertheless, 63 different sequences with the T1 motif
are observed, producing a total nucleotide diversity in North
Africa (1.76%, SD  0.15) slightly higher than observed in the
Middle East (1.65%, SD  0.14) or in Anatolia (1.48%, SD 
0.13), where all four major haplogroups are found. These
observations, together with the fact that T1 haplotypes are very
rare in the Middle East and Anatolia, appear consistent with the
previously suggested hypothesis (7, 11) that African cattle were
independently domesticated. This hypothesis, however, also
would imply that Northern African and Near Eastern aurochsen
were genetically differentiated even without major barriers
limiting their dispersion (with the former being mainly T1-like
and the latter being non-T1-like) or that the African and Near
Eastern domestication processes were very different (with the
former producing a much more intense bottleneck than the
latter). As far as genetic data are concerned, the simpler
hypothesis of an introduction in Africa of few T1-like cattle
domesticated in the Near East, and their subsequent demographic
expansion and genetic diversification appears more
parsimonious.
Regardless of the origin of the African breeds, T1 mtDNA
sequences are clearly a distinctive feature of their genetic
composition. The distribution of the T1 haplogroup outside
Africa thus can be used to understand the relationships between
cattle breeds across the Mediterranean, and an interesting
pattern seems to emerge in Europe (Fig. 2): T1 sequences are
relatively common (with frequencies ranging from 5% to 30%)
in different breeds from Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Greece.
The presence of T1 mainly along the Mediterranean shores of
Europe (near Africa), but not in central and northern Europe,
is suggestive of the occasional introduction of cattle by boat from
North Africa into southern Europe and is difficult to reconcile
with any gene flow process unrelated with the sea. But when did
this process occur? The presence of T1 haplotypes previously
observed in Portugal was attributed to historical migration due
to North African, possibly Moorish, conquerors (19). However,
even if 63 and 11 different T1 haplotypes are observed in Africa
and Europe, respectively, only two of them are present in both
regions. In addition, (i) T1 haplotypes can be found well beyond
the area of maximum Moorish expansion, (ii) recent introductions
of exotic cattle are usually male mediated (not affecting
mtDNA) (34), and (iii) one T1 haplotype has been recently
observed in a sample of 16 Bronze Age cattle remains from
Spain. So, the hypothesis of a recent and geographically restricted
introduction of African cattle does not seem sufficient to
explain the T1 distribution in Europe. On the contrary, DNA
data are compatible with earlier gene flow into several Mediterranean
regions. There is evidence of early diffusion of cattle
pastoralism by people crossing arms of sea (21–23), and, hence,
the same process may have led to the dispersal in Europe of
breeds carrying the T1 haplotype.

Conclusions
The modern and ancient mtDNA sequences we present here do
not support the currently accepted hypothesis of a single Neolithic
origin in the Near East. The processes of livestock domestication and diffusion were certainly more complex than previously
suggested, and our data provide some evidence in favor of
the hypothesis that the origin of European cattle is multiple.
Breeds domesticated in the Near East and introduced in Europe
during the Neolithic diffusion probably intermixed, at least in
some regions, with local wild animals and with African cattle
introduced by maritime routes. As a consequence, European
breeds should represent a more diverse and important genetic
resource than previously recognized, especially in the Southern
regions.

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Goat's milk causes no intolerance symptoms and is up to 50% higher in Vitamin D.
Like I said, Goat's milk is not lactose free.

quote:
It was you who stated that animal domestication first occurred in Europe. To your credit, it was from yet another cut and paste you posted but didn't understand. I attempted to correct your usual wrong assumption.
Nope, I never stated domestication of any kind originated in Europe, actually my position has been, and always will be, that farming/domestication was introduced to Europe. You're assumption was Europeans domesticated goats independently, which I corrected you on, for all to see.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ I remember well.
I never stated Europeans introduced anything new to the world. In fact, I specifically stated when Europeans came out of the cave everything was already introduced and available to them.
I suggest you go back and re-read your previous posts and try to understand what you post.

'Yes, Goat's milk does contain the same protein as Cow's milk, but far less and consumers will not experience the symptoms of consuming Cow's milk. This has been true for 10s of thousands of years.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
^ I remember well.
I never stated Europeans introduced anything new to the world. In fact, I specifically stated when Europeans came out of the cave everything was already introduced and available to them.
I suggest you go back and re-read your previous posts and try to understand what you post.

The problem is not your memory, but your comprehension. Europeans didn't adopt incoming farming techniques/domestication until the Neolithic. Your position was Europeans had goats domesticated before the Neolithic, which is wrong. If your memory serves you well, than you would remember when I posted this.

Early Europeans Unable To Stomach Milk

The first direct evidence that early Europeans were unable to digest milk has been found by scientists at UCL (University College London) and Mainz University.

In a study, published in the journal 'PNAS', the team shows that the gene that controls our ability to digest milk was missing from Neolithic skeletons dating to between 5840 and 5000 BC. However, through exposure to milk, lactose tolerance evolved extremely rapidly, in evolutionary terms. Today, it is present in over ninety per cent of the population of northern Europe and is also found in some African and Middle Eastern populations but is missing from the majority of the adult population GLOBALLY.

Dr Mark Thomas, UCL Biology, said: "The ability to drink milk is the most advantageous trait that's evolved in Europeans in the recent past. Without the enzyme lactase, drinking milk in adulthood causes bloating and diarrhoea. Although the benefits of milk tolerance are not fully understood yet, they probably include: the continuous supply of milk compared to the boom and bust of seasonal crops; its nourishing qualities; and the fact that it's uncontaminated by parasites, unlike stream water, making it a safer drink. All in all, the ability to drink milk gave some early Europeans a big survival advantage."

and.....

Pale skin is best explained through the spread of farming, There are two general sources for vitamin D—sunlight and diet.

We know that a farmer’s diet does not have enough vitamin D, meaning that people in farming-based societies need to get a lot of it from the sun. We also know there is not enough sunlight in Northern Europe for dark skinned people to get enough vitamin D. So farming based societies that live in Northern Europe need to have lighter skin.

But farming didn’t really take a hold in Europe until 6,000 or 8,000 years ago. So what about the 30,000 or 35,000 years that people lived in Europe before farming you ask? Well, If there was enough vitamin D in their diet, then there would have been no need for pale skin. Recent genetic work suggests that the diet of these hunter-gatherers had plenty of vitamin D.

quote:
'Yes, Goat's milk does contain the same protein as Cow's milk, but far less and consumers will not experience the symptoms of consuming Cow's milk. This has been true for 10s of thousands of years.
Like I said, and corrected you, Goat's milk is not lactose free, as you thought, plain and simple.
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Lamarckism: the more you use a trait the greater the probability that such a trait could be transformed on the individual then transferred to offspring.

Thus the more a society drinks the milk of cows the more the society adapts to drinking milk over the generations.

Of course, Larmarckism is controversial and debunked by those who embrace Darwinism.

But there is something in its favour in the reverse sense. When a trait is no longer used it slowly falls away and eventually becomes vestigial--as in the case of humans and their tail bones.

Or think of flightless birds. Since having the capacity to fly is always a good trait to have I don't see how natural selection would do away with it.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Like I said, and corrected you, Goat's milk is not lactose free, as you thought, plain and simple. [/QB]

Free enough, to wonder why any one would consume Cow's milk when it offers so many disadvantages with diminishing returns.
Anyway, you just slightly win this one on a technicality. Even sugar free chocolate isn't, sugar free. But I'm OK with you winning 1 of 100 debates. Finally.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Free enough, to wonder why any one would consume Cow's milk when it offers so many disadvantages with diminishing returns.
Oh yea, I forgot you thought Neolithic pastoralists were scientists in labs testing each animal to see which one would provide them with efficient vitamin D.

As if Early humans even knew that by living as hunter gatherers, eating meat and fish would provide them with the Vitamin D needed to keep their skin dark in colder climates. [As we already know dark skinned populations living in northern climates produce less vitamin D, hence become Vitamin D deficient.]

quote:
Anyway, you slightly one this one on a technicality. Even sugar free chocolate isn't, sugar free. But I'm OK with you winning 1 of 100 debates.
Lmao, I've **won** every single debate with you, every single nonsensical theory you proposed, ever twist and turn you tried to provide, I refuted you.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000609;p=9

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also find this very interesting:

Alcohol flush reaction

-

Some people experience an unpleasant reaction to drinking even a slight amount of alcohol. Their face turns red, and sometimes they also have signs of drowsiness, increased heart rate, nausea, and symptoms of reduced blood pressure.

Alcohol is toxic to human bodies. In people who do not experience alcohol flush reaction, alcohol is broken down (metabolized) in the liver into substances which can be either used or excreted by the body. This breakdown occurs in several steps (see figure). First the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) converts alcohol to acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde is a substance even more toxic to the body than alcohol and contributes largely to the adverse effects of alcohol generally known as a “hangover”. Second, acetaldehyde is broken down into the harmless acetic acid (or vinegar) by another enzyme called aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 (ALDH2). A third enzyme finally breaks the acetic acid into fat, carbon dioxide, and water. The impaired function of any of these critical enzymes disrupts alcohol metabolism, leading to varying degrees of discomfort depending on the amount of alcohol ingested and which enzyme is affected.

Alcohol flush reaction is largely due to a genetic variant that affects one of the enzymes responsible for breaking down (metabolizing) alcohol.

The main cause for the alcohol flush reaction is the inheritance of one or two copies of the ALDH2*2 genetic variant causing an inactive ALDH2 enzyme as described earlier. This variant is most often found in individuals of Asian descent. Ethnicity is therefore the main risk factor.

Having the genetic variant(s) predisposing individuals to alcohol intolerance also has an advantage; these individuals may be protected against developing alcoholism, at least partly due to the fact that they often choose to avoid alcoholic beverages altogether. Studies have indeed shown that people of Asian descent, as a whole, have lower rates of alcohol dependence compared with other ethnic groups. In fact, the knowledge behind the alcohol flush reaction has been utilized in therapeutics for alcoholism. Doctors sometimes prescribe alcoholics with a drug called disulfiram which essentially mirrors the ALDH2*2 effect (inhibits the ALDH2 enzyme) and hence discourages use and abuse of alcohol.

http://demo.decodeme.com/xtrait/introduction/ALFL

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
And this:

-

Taste is one of the senses through which humans perceive their environment. Most families have at least one fussy eater, so we know from experience that taste perception varies considerably between individuals and populations.

Taste is perceived in taste receptors on the tongue surface, commonly known as taste buds. From an evolutionary perspective, the ability to distinguish between different chemicals in food and drink is crucial for the survival of humans and all other animals. Thus, individuals who perceive an unpleasant taste when attempting to ingest harmful foods are more likely to survive and reproduce, and even more so if they are also drawn to highly nutritious food because of a perception of pleasant taste. Accordingly, foods that have a pleasant taste tend to be nutritious and contain substances that are good for us, such as sugars, salts and proteins. Salty and sour detection helps to control the salt and acid balance of the body, our positive perception of sweetness ensures that we consume food that is rich in calories, and umami is thought to attract us to protein-rich foods. Conversely, things with an unpleasant taste tend to contain substances that are detrimental to our health or dangerous concentrations of useful substances.

However, not all humans have the same perception of bitterness for some substances. An intriguing example is the case of substances that are chemically similar to phenylthiocarbamide (PTC) and propyl-thiouracil (PROP). Such compounds are for instance found in cabbage and rapeseed. Some people perceive no particular taste of these compounds ("non-tasters"), whereas others experience an extremely unpleasant bitter taste ("tasters"). Among tasters there is also variation, in that some tasters (so-called "supertasters") are extra sensitive to bitterness. The frequency of tasters and non-tasters varies considerably among human populations. Thus, the frequency of non-tasters ranges from 3% in West Africa; 6-23% in China, 40% in India and is estimated to be around 30% in people of European descent.

http://demo.decodeme.com/xtrait/introduction/BIT

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Lmao, I've **won** every single debate with you, every single nonsensical theory you proposed, ever twist and turn you tried to provide, I refuted you.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000609;p=9 [/QB]

Very sorry to inform you that posting other folks reports and newspaper articles is not exactly peer reviewed or scholarly sources, particularly when you don't even comprehend what they are saying.
You have never come close to refuting anything I've posted.
I fact, you still failed miserably to prove this woman in your Newsweek article is not an albino, and you stated quite strongly that Europeans did not have access to Goat or Cow's milk for obtaining Vitamin D or fish for the same.
Takes all.
Carry on with your business of posting other people's reports.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowledgeiskey 718 wrote, talking to Meninarmer:
''Oh yea, I forgot you thought Neolithic pastoralists were scientists in labs testing each animal to see which one would provide them with efficient vitamin D.

''As if Early humans even knew that by living as hunter gatherers, eating meat and fish would provide them with the Vitamin D needed to keep their skin dark in colder climates.''

I believe Knowledgeiskey 718 much, much earlier someplace else said something to the effect these folks had to evolve these traits. So if they had to evolve this way, why wouldn't they know it?

Maybe you intended to say evolution had to see to it that they evolved instead of themselves knowing they had to.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
We attempted to use the INUITS example, who went to great difficulty to secure Vitamin D rich fish, as did Africans and Egyptians alike.
Yet, KIK believes the Europeans were not scientists and had no idea they too required these vital substances. This is because his newspaper article didn't mention it and no matter how much VitD they consumed it wouldn't change the fact they were genetically mutated Albinos.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Posted by Pansy/Meninarmer:
Very sorry to inform you that posting other folks reports and newspaper articles is not exactly peer reviewed or scholarly sources, particularly when you don't even comprehend what they are saying.

I understand everything, and I've explained this to you a million and one times. Meanwhile you post medical journals, that talk about **certain** cases of when Europeans have albinism, and in no way does your report say that Europeans are albinos, meanwhile, you still insist there is a correlation? You mean like that, the way you post nonsense you have no understanding of?? Lmao

quote:
You have never come close to refuting anything I've posted.

In fact, you debunked yourself, without me having to, remember this???

quote:
Posted by Pansy/Meninarmer ***In Caucasians*** with oculocutaneous albinism 2, the hair is usually blond, the skin white and the eyes blue at birth. The hair and eyes may darken. The skin usually develops freckles, moles or lentigines.

Of course the pansy doesn't understand the above, and thinks they are speaking about all whites wen they say **"In Caucasians"**, which actually means certain cases.

Whereas I have medical facts saying ***only 5 out every 100,000 Europeans are albinos*** , you can use the excuse of they don't have enough medical detections, but point is scientists know what albinism is, and if Europeans were albinos they would have been all diagnosed a long time ago.

Nina Jablonski:

quote:

***Not all genes*** that cause clinically significant forms of hypopigmentation ***are members of the TYRP family***. The most common form of albinism worldwide, ***tyrosinase-positive oculocutaneous albinism***, is most often caused by mutations in a gene encoding a structural protein ***whose function remains poorly understood***. As this was the second albinism gene to be identified, the locus was designated OCA2. The OCA2 locus maps to chromosome 15q11.2–12,(51) and the gene is the human homologue, P, of the mouse pink-eyed dilution locus, p. The vast majority of 'whites' ***DON'T HAVE*** any of those mutations that cause albinism just like the ***majority of all human populations!***

quote:
I fact, you still failed miserably to prove this woman in your Newsweek article is not an albino,

Of course I have....Simple fact, only 5 out of every 100,000 Europeans are albinos. Case closed.

quote:

Genetic Evidence for the Convergent Evolution of Light Skin in Europeans and East Asians

Heather L. Norton*,1, Rick A. Kittles{dagger}, Esteban Parra{ddagger}, Paul McKeigue§, Xianyun Mao*, Keith Cheng||,¶, Victor A. Canfield¶, Daniel G. Bradley#, Brian McEvoy# and Mark D. Shriver*

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/24/3/710

Human skin pigmentation shows a strong positive correlation with ultraviolet radiation intensity, suggesting that variation in skin color is, at least partially, due to adaptation via natural selection. We investigated the evolution of pigmentation variation by testing for the presence of ***positive directional selection in 6 pigmentation genes*** using an empirical FST approach, through an ***examination of global diversity patterns of these genes*** in the Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain (CEPH)-Diversity Panel, and by exploring signatures of selection in data from the International HapMap project. Additionally, we demonstrated a role for MATP in determining normal skin pigmentation variation using admixture mapping methods. Taken together (with the results of previous admixture mapping studies), these results point to the importance of several genes in shaping the pigmentation phenotype and a complex evolutionary history involving strong selection. Polymorphisms in 2 genes, ASIP and OCA2, may play a shared role in shaping light and dark pigmentation across the globe, whereas SLC24A5, MATP, and TYR have a predominant role in the evolution of light skin in Europeans but not in East Asians. These findings support a case for the recent convergent evolution of a lighter pigmentation phenotype in Europeans and East Asians.

Since you have reading comprehension problems, I will break it down for you. This following strong correlation is a scientific fact as skin color does correlate with ultraviolet radiation intensity. Which is why many lightskin A.A's and hispanics(or anyone human population with melanin, moving to northern latitudes) become darker in the summer, and lighter in the winter.

"Human skin pigmentation shows a strong positive correlation with ultraviolet radiation intensity, suggesting that variation in skin color is, at least partially, due to adaptation via natural selection. "

The scientist investigated the presence of 6 genes which are responsible in pigmentation, the genes studied were also tested in each population worldwide.

"We investigated the evolution of pigmentation variation by testing for the presence of ***positive directional selection in 6 pigmentation genes*** using an empirical FST approach, through an ***examination of global diversity patterns of these genes*** in the Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain (CEPH)-Diversity Panel, and by exploring signatures of selection in data from the International HapMap project."

This below discusses what is already known data and correlating it with new findings, this happens all the time in science Mike.

Additionally, we demonstrated a role for MATP in determining normal skin pigmentation variation using admixture mapping methods. Taken together (with the results of previous admixture mapping studies), these results point to the importance of several genes in shaping the pigmentation phenotype and a complex evolutionary history involving strong selection.

The below shows genes which are present in human populations worldwide and may play a shared role in pigmentation around the world. Wasn't direct towards Europeans, so stop the semantics.

Polymorphisms in 2 genes, ASIP and OCA2, may play a shared role in shaping light and dark pigmentation across the globe,

The below are the genes which have a predominant role in the evolution of pale skin in Europeans but not East Asians. With the other identified genes being responsible as well for Asians. Note: Europeans have the following genes which play a predominant role in pale skin in Euros

whereas SLC24A5, MATP, and TYR have a predominant role in the evolution of light skin in Europeans but not in East Asians. These findings support a case for the recent convergent evolution of a lighter pigmentation phenotype in Europeans and East Asians.

quote:
and you stated quite strongly that Europeans did not have access to Goat or Cow's milk for obtaining Vitamin D or fish for the same.

Nope, Europeans didn't have any kind of milk before the spread of farming during the Neolithic.

Fish was obtained due to a hunter gatherers diet. Europeans adopted farming in the Neolithic, and left their un-advanced lifestyle of hunting and gathering food, for a new advancement of growing/farming their food.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
LOL, you still have not learned.
The 5 out of 100K applies to OCA1. The extreme case of Albinism.
recent research in OCA2 uncovers the incidents in Europeans is much more pervasive and as your Newsweek article confirms, 80-90% of Europeans carry the trait.
Therefore, Europeans did not evolve from environmental adaptation as did the Siberians or INUITS, as they have access to Goat's milk, fish, and sunlight as both Siberians and INUITS.
It's clearly obvious Europeans did not evolve, but devolved and mutated through Albinism and interbreeding.
Case closed.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
We attempted to use the INUITS example, who went to great difficulty to secure Vitamin D rich fish, as did Africans and Egyptians alike.
Not only fish, but yes the hunter gatherers diet, consumed by early humans throughout the world was rich in Vitamin D meats, fish etc...

And again, I forgot you thought early humans were scientists in labs testing these animals, and that's how they knew what to eat. Lmao

^^^Sorry but it wasn't like that.

quote:
Yet, KIK believes the Europeans were not scientists and had no idea they too required these vital substances.
Nope they weren't scientists, only reason why Inuits etc... ate a diet rich in vitamin D is because they were hunter gatherers, not because they knew what animals provided Vitamin D, needed. You dumbass....

quote:
For centuries, Inuit living in Canada's Arctic spent months without sunlight, and lifetimes wearing thick, fur clothing that blocked the sunlight from their dark skin.

Mother Nature provided vitamin D in other ways. Instead of making it through sun exposure, the Inuit got a healthy dose from traditional foods that happen to be rich in vitamin D: the skin of Arctic char; seal liver; the yolks of bird and fish eggs; and seal, walrus and whale blubber.

But as the Arctic has changed, so have eating habits. While seal and char (trout) are still staples in Nunavut's isolated communities, walrus and whale consumption have been in decline for 30 years.

The result is ****vitamin D deficiency***, which surfaces as ***rickets*** , a disease most Canadians might be surprised to hear still exists in Canada. Thirty-one new cases of rickets were discovered in the first five years of Nunavut's creation.

and...

quote:

As early humans started migrating north into Europe and east into Asia, they were exposed to different amounts of sun. Those who went north found their dark skin worked against them–preventing them from absorbing enough sunlight to create vitamin D. To adapt, these humans started producing less melanin.

But Inuits vitamin D intake wasn’t dependent upon the sun. They get all that they need from their diet, heavy on types of fatty fish that are naturally rich in vitamin D. The plentiful amounts of the vitamin kept them from developing less melanin. In fact, before milk was fortified with D, people living outside of Northern Canada and Alaska loaded their diets with fishy products, such as cod liver oil, to get their daily supplement. So despite their chilly climate and lack of sun exposure, it’s the Inuit diet that has kept them in their natural glow.

quote:
This is because his newspaper article didn't mention it and no matter how much VitD they consumed it wouldn't change the fact they were genetically mutated Albinos.
Of course it was mentioned, you simply can't read...

quote:

Either way, the implication is that our European ancestors were brown-skinned for tens of thousands of years --a suggestion made 30 years ago by Stanford University geneticist L. Luca Cavalli-Sforza. He argued that the early immigrants to Europe, who were hunter-gatherers, herders, and fishers, survived on ready-made sources of vitamin D in their diet. But when farming spread in the past 6000 years, he argued, Europeans had fewer sources of vitamin D in their food and needed to absorb more sunlight to produce the vitamin in their skin. Cultural factors such as heavier clothing might also have favored increased absorption of sunlight on the few exposed areas of skin, such as hands and faces, says paleoanthropologist Nina Jablonski of PSU in State College.

Tell me Pansy/Meninarmer, how were Europeans brownskinned for tens of thousands of years?

Since I know you don't know, I'll tell you........

Keep up now, when humans with darker skin pigmentation move to northern latitudes, without the right supplements they become Vitamin D deficient, supplements need to be taken.

Pale skin is best explained through the spread of farming, There are two general sources for vitamin D—sunlight and diet.

We know that a farmer’s diet does not have enough vitamin D, meaning that people in farming-based societies need to get a lot of it from the sun. We also know there is not enough sunlight in Northern Europe for dark skinned people to get enough vitamin D. So farming based societies that live in Northern Europe need to have lighter skin.

But farming didn’t really take a hold in Europe until 6,000 or 8,000 years ago. So what about the 30,000 or 35,000 years that people lived in Europe before farming you ask? Well, If there was enough vitamin D in their diet, then there would have been no need for pale skin. Recent genetic work suggests that the diet of these hunter-gatherers had plenty of vitamin D.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
LOL, you still have not learned.
The 5 out of 100K applies to OCA1. The extreme case of Albinism.
recent research in OCA2 uncovers the incidents in Europeans is much more pervasive and as your Newsweek article confirms, 80-90% of Europeans carry the trait.

Nope.

Nina Jablonski:

quote:

***Not all genes*** that cause clinically significant forms of hypopigmentation ***are members of the TYRP family***. The most common form of albinism worldwide, ***tyrosinase-positive oculocutaneous albinism***, is most often caused by mutations in a gene encoding a structural protein ***whose function remains poorly understood***. As this was the second albinism gene to be identified, the locus was designated OCA2. The OCA2 locus maps to chromosome 15q11.2–12,(51) and the gene is the human homologue, P, of the mouse pink-eyed dilution locus, p. The vast majority of 'whites' ***DON'T HAVE*** any of those mutations that cause albinism just like the ***majority of all human populations!***

-

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/albinism.jsp

Albinism

Definition

Albinism is an inherited condition present at birth, characterized by a lack of pigment that normally gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes. Many types of albinism exist, all of which involve lack of pigment in varying degrees. The condition, which is found in all races, may be accompanied by eye problems and may lead to skin cancer later in life.

Description

Albinism is a **rare disorder** found in fewer than **five people per 100,000 in the United States and Europe**. Other parts of the world have a much higher rate; for example, albinism is found in about **20 out of every 100,000 people in southern Nigeria**.

There are 10 types of the most common form of the condition, known as "oculocutaneous albinism," which affects the eyes, hair, and skin. In its most severe form, hair and skin remain pure white throughout life. People with a less severe form are born with white hair and skin, which turn slightly darker as they age. Everyone with oculocutaneous albinism experiences abnormal flickering eye movements (nystagmus) and sensitivity to bright light. There may be other eye problems as well, including poor vision and crossed or "lazy" eyes (strabismus).

The second most common type of the condition is known as "ocular" albinism, in which only the eyes lack color; skin and hair are normal. There are five forms of ocular albinism; some types cause more problems--especially eye problems--than others.

quote:

Therefore, Europeans did not evolve from environmental adaptation as did the Siberians or INUITS, as they have access to Goat's milk, fish, and sunlight as both Siberians and INUITS.

Where do Inuits have goat and cows milk? Europeans didn't consume any milk before the Neolithic.

Europeans can produce Vitamin D through synthesis of UV, under darker skies, Inuits can't, neither can albinos, Sorry.
quote:

It's clearly obvious Europeans did not evolve, but devolved and mutated through Albinism and interbreeding.

Nope, they evolved to produce Vitamin D through synthesis of UV, under darker skies. Inuits can't do this neither can albinos.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] [QUOTE]

And again, I forgot you thought early humans were scientists in labs testing these animals, and that's how they knew what to eat. Lmao

Yet another silly statement.
The INUIT knew to hunt whale, COD, and salmon, but coastal Europeans did not in spite of the fact Asians did also.
Surely you jest, or maybe not.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
quote:
[QB] [QUOTE]

Yet another silly statement.
The INUIT knew to hunt whale, COD, and salmon, but coastal Europeans did not in spite of the fact Asians did also.
Surely you jest, or maybe not.

You ignoramus, Early Europeans **DID** hunt for their food, same way Inuits did and still do. But when farming spread, Europeans weren't hunting and gathering their food like the Inuits do, instead Europeans began farming/growing their food. Inuits never adopted farming, therefore never left their hunter gatherer diets, therefore consume Vitamin D from the food they **hunted and continue to hunt**.

The Inuit, who have traditionally been hunters and fishers. They hunted, and still hunt, whales, walruses, caribou, seals, polar bears, muskoxen, birds, and at times other less commonly eaten animals such as foxes.

quote:
For centuries, Inuit living in Canada's Arctic spent months without sunlight, and lifetimes wearing thick, fur clothing that blocked the sunlight from their dark skin.

Mother Nature provided vitamin D in other ways. Instead of making it through sun exposure, the Inuit got a healthy dose from traditional foods that happen to be rich in vitamin D: the skin of Arctic char; seal liver; the yolks of bird and fish eggs; and seal, walrus and whale blubber.

But as the Arctic has changed, so have eating habits. While seal and char (trout) are still staples in Nunavut's isolated communities, walrus and whale consumption have been in decline for 30 years.

The result is ****vitamin D deficiency***, which surfaces as ***rickets*** , a disease most Canadians might be surprised to hear still exists in Canada. Thirty-one new cases of rickets were discovered in the first five years of Nunavut's creation.

and...

quote:

As early humans started migrating north into Europe and east into Asia, they were exposed to different amounts of sun. Those who went north found their dark skin worked against them–preventing them from absorbing enough sunlight to create vitamin D. To adapt, these humans started producing less melanin.

But Inuits vitamin D intake wasn’t dependent upon the sun. They get all that they need from their diet, heavy on types of fatty fish that are naturally rich in vitamin D. The plentiful amounts of the vitamin kept them from developing less melanin. In fact, before milk was fortified with D, people living outside of Northern Canada and Alaska loaded their diets with fishy products, such as cod liver oil, to get their daily supplement. So despite their chilly climate and lack of sun exposure, it’s the Inuit diet that has kept them in their natural glow.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Only a complete idiot would believe the spread of farming eliminated Seafoods and Goat's milk from the European diet.
It didn't happen in Africa, or any other place in the world. Yet you believe it solely happened in Europe.
You believe too much of what you read sans any thought.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
^ Only a complete idiot would believe the spread of farming eliminated Seafoods and Goat's milk from the European diet.
It didn't happen in Africa, or any other place in the world. Yet you believe it solely happened in Europe.
You believe too much of what you read sans any thought.

Again, you ignoramus, where do you keep coming out with goat's milk?

Only a complete idiot would believe Europeans had goat's milk available before they were even domesticated in Europe.

No animal was domesticated in Europe, until the Neolithic. Incoming farmers brought domestication to Europe. Before this, Europeans survived, as mentioned, on meats, fish, etc... A hunter gatherers diet.

Show me an Eskimo population that survives only on fish???

Inuits eat way more than just fish you dumbass, and so did Early Europeans.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ What foodstuff contain and provide Vitamin D?
Answer: Very Few.
Of them all, sea food contains the highest concentrations, followed by, Goat's milk.

What are these other sources you believe they derived Vitamin D from, and why would coastal Europeans simply stop fishing when INUITS or AFRICANs did not?

I think you have an attached stigma against Albinism and therefore grasp at any straw to avoid the association.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
^ What foodstuff contain and provide Vitamin D?
Answer: Very Few.
Of them all, sea food contains the highest concentrations, followed by, Goat's milk.

What are these other sources you believe they derived Vitamin D from, and why would coastal Europeans simply stop fishing when INUITS or AFRICANs did not?

I think you have an attached stigma against Albinism and therefore grasp at any straw to avoid the association.

Ok, what's your point? I said, only a complete idiot would believe Europeans had goat's milk available before they were even domesticated in Europe.

And I asked...Show me an Eskimo population that survives only on fish???

A hunter gatherers diet, which consisted of meats from as many animals they hunted, fish etc....

Note: The Inuit, who have traditionally been hunters and fishers. They hunted, and still hunt, whales, walruses, caribou, seals, polar bears, muskoxen, birds, and at times other less commonly eaten animals such as foxes.

Farming societies did stop hunting and gathering their foods, you dimwit. Again ****Farming Societies**** Inuits are NOT farmers.

I have something against idiocy, and pseudo-science, especially when the real facts are in front of the idiots face, but they just don't like or understand them... I.e, YOU!!!

Obviously you're the one with a hatred/fear/evny? for whites, so bad, that you look to every straw to hold onto while trying to make a correlation with whites and albinos, albeit it's just not there.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:

Note: The Inuit, who have traditionally been hunters and fishers. They hunted, and still hunt, whales, walruses, caribou, seals, polar bears, muskoxen, birds, and at times other less commonly eaten animals such as foxes.

Irrelevant.
With the exception of Whales and other seafoods, none of these other meats provide any sufficient levels of Vitamin D.
However, these seafoods were available to Europeans also, but you insist they stopped consuming them as soon as they were able to grow rice and beans.
Try again.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^^^^^^Extremely relevant. As follows.........

quote:

Tell me Pansy, how come Inuits are becoming Vitamin D deficient, and developing rickets???

quote:

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:

I have something against idiocy, and pseudo-science, especially when the real facts are in front of the idiots face, but they just don't like or understand them... I.e, YOU!!!

Obviously you're the one with a hatred/fear/evny? for whites, so bad, that you look to every straw to hold onto while trying to make a correlation with whites and albinos, albeit it's just not there. [/QB]

Get real.
This data is derived directly from MULTIPLE leading US and European medical and genetic data.
In fact, even your sources unintentionally, but directly confirm it when they state Europeans carry the Albinism defect in 80-90% of the population. I have no idea of how your source came to this conclusion since it's not yet possible to perform nationwide detection, but they stated it while trying to promote their defect as an evolution.
LMAO...accept the facts, not the illusion.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^^^Your data? Lmao laugable, let's just check it out. shall we?

quote:
Posted by Pansy/Meninarmer ***In Caucasians*** with oculocutaneous albinism 2, the hair is usually blond, the skin white and the eyes blue at birth. The hair and eyes may darken. The skin usually develops freckles, moles or lentigines.

Of course the pansy doesn't understand the above, and thinks they are speaking about all whites wen they say **"In Caucasians"**, which actually means certain cases. Obviously your own source debunks you. lol

Meanwhile, while you didn't notice you debunked yourself. You were further and continuously debunked by me.

Nina Jablonski:

quote:

-

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/albinism.jsp

Albinism

Definition

Albinism is an inherited condition present at birth, characterized by a lack of pigment that normally gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes. Many types of albinism exist, all of which involve lack of pigment in varying degrees. The condition, which is found in all races, may be accompanied by eye problems and may lead to skin cancer later in life.

Description

Albinism is a **rare disorder** found in fewer than **five people per 100,000 in the United States and Europe**. Other parts of the world have a much higher rate; for example, albinism is found in about **20 out of every 100,000 people in southern Nigeria**.

There are 10 types of the most common form of the condition, known as "oculocutaneous albinism," which affects the eyes, hair, and skin. In its most severe form, hair and skin remain pure white throughout life. People with a less severe form are born with white hair and skin, which turn slightly darker as they age. Everyone with oculocutaneous albinism experiences abnormal flickering eye movements (nystagmus) and sensitivity to bright light. There may be other eye problems as well, including poor vision and crossed or "lazy" eyes (strabismus).

The second most common type of the condition is known as "ocular" albinism, in which only the eyes lack color; skin and hair are normal. There are five forms of ocular albinism; some types cause more problems--especially eye problems--than others.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:

Tell me Pansy, how come Inuits are becoming Vitamin D deficient, and developing rickets???
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Care to address the following Pansy???

quote:
THE COLOR IN BONES - WHY BLACK WOMEN ARE AT HIGHER RISK

A variety of factors can cause calcium and vitamin D deficiency in African-American women. *****The high melanin content in darker skin reduces the skin's ability to produce vitamin D from sunlight.**** ****In fact, experts note that people with darker skin may need 20 to 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned individuals to generate the same amount of vitamin D.****** Inadequate intake of vitamin D in diet is another factor. Studies confirm that African Americans consume the lowest amounts of vitamin D from food alone among different ethnicities. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), as many as 75 percent of African Americans are lactose intolerant, possibly further limiting the consumption of calcium and vitamin D fortified dairy products.

Keep up now, when humans with darker skin pigmentation move to northern latitudes, without the right supplements they become Vitamin D deficient, supplements need to be taken.

As explained on page one of this thread. Pale skin is best explained through the spread of farming, There are two general sources for vitamin D—sunlight and diet.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
I'm merely stating a valid conclusion based upon available data.
I believe Rasol's favorite black researcher agrees, but cannot say it outright. I can.
Albinos all, and as "normal" in appearance as your "average" European.
 -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^^^Lol @ your obviously frustrated response...... [Big Grin]
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Notice the kid at the bottom has a slight tan. Also, make note of his early age ocular dysfunction, white hair and small build. Classic OCA2 physical traits.
Frustrated? No, just agreeing with Keita's conclusion of Europeans being a mutated subset of African.
This gives insight of why Europeans were so opposed to Diop's forensic melanin testing.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Notice the kid at the bottom has a slight tan. Also, make note of his early age ocular dysfunction, white hair and small build. Classic OCA2 physical traits.
Frustrated? No, just agreeing with Keita's conclusion of Europeans being a mutated subset of African.
This gives insight of why Europeans were so opposed to Diop's forensic melanin testing.

I am sure you can come up with something better than mere eyeball speculation.

Where does Keita say Europeans are a subset of mutated albinos??

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Had you read any of the posted research on Albinism OCA1, 2, 3 you would have noticed the leading and most widely used diagnostic detection method is visual inspection for obvious manifestations of the defect such as, red/Pink/blue/green/hazel eyes, white/blond/yellow hair, little or no skin pigment, skin freckles/moles/lentigines, ocular dysfunction (Fovea/Photophobia), etc. with symptoms being extreme in OCA1 and less severe in OCA2 90-90% of Europeans).

-  -  -

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

. . . .

Although goat milk, like cow's milk and human milk, contains lactose, many people with lactose intolerance can drink goat milk. Why? It has been hypothesized that the reason lies in goat milk's superior digestibility. Goat milk is more completely and easily absorbed than cow's milk, leaving less undigested residue behind in the colon to quite literally ferment and cause the uncomfortable symptoms of lactose intolerance.

It may also be that the patient is not lactose intolerant at all, but instead is one of the 1-in-10 people who are allergic to the major protein of cow's milk ... alpha S1 casein protein. The symptoms are almost identical to those of lactose intolerance. Both goat milk and human milk lack this offending protein.

The digestibility of goat milk can be attributed to its casein curd, which is both softer and smaller than that produced by bovine milk. The smaller and softer the curd, the more easily accepted by the human digestive system.

Another significant difference between cow's milk and goat milk is found in the composition and structure of fat. The average size of goat milk fat globules is about two micrometers, as compared to 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 micrometers for cow's milk. These smaller sized fat globules provide a better dispersion and a more homogenous mixture of fat in the milk, another factor in making goat milk easier to digest.

Goat milk contains more of the essential fatty acids (linoleic and arachidonic acids) and a higher proportion of short-chain and medium-chain fatty acids than cow's milk. The fat in goat milk may be more readily digested and absorbed than cow milk because lipases attack ester linkages of such fatty acids more readily than those of longer chains. And, unlike cow's milk, goat milk does not contain agglutinin; as a result, the fat globules in goat milk do not cluster, which helps facilitate digestion and absorption.

. . . .

Goat milk is an excellent option for any patient who is cow milk or soy milk sensitive and is necessarily concerned with obtaining adequate calcium from a natural dietary source. Goat milk is also an excellent source of dietary calcium important in the prevention of high blood pressure, osteoporosis and other bone-related problems. For menopausal women, goat milk provides 13% more calcium than cow's milk and can be consumed comfortably even by those women with milk sensitivity.

The nutrient composition of goat milk is very different than that of cow's milk. In addition to containing 13% more calcium than cow's milk, goat milk also has 25% more vitamin B-6, 47% more vitamin A, 134% more potassium and 350% more niacin. Goat milk is also higher in chloride, copper and manganese and contains 27% more of the essential nutrient selenium. Goat milk contains none of the controversial Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH).

. . . .

References

Luke B, Keith LG.
Calcium requirements and the diets of women and children.
Journal of Reproductive Medicine.

Haenlein GFW.
Role of goat milk in human nutrition.
International Conference on Goats, University of Delaware.

Haenlein GFW, Ace D.
Extension Goat Handbook.
United States Department of Agriculture/USDA.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Thanks.
Goat's milk is superior for human consumption in every way relative to Cow's milk.
The sole advantage of Cow's milk is the quantity of production. Meaning, one Cow will produce more milk than one Goat. Other then this, I see no upside.
For a migrating group, I would think Goat's would be more transportable (faster, easier to herd) and easier to sustain (graze) than Cows also.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^^^What's going on Pansy? No answers??

quote:
quote:

quote:
Care to address the following Pansy???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Knowledgeiskey718:
[qb] THE COLOR IN BONES - WHY BLACK WOMEN ARE AT HIGHER RISK

A variety of factors can cause calcium and vitamin D deficiency in African-American women. *****The high melanin content in darker skin reduces the skin's ability to produce vitamin D from sunlight.**** ****In fact, experts note that people with darker skin may need 20 to 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned individuals to generate the same amount of vitamin D.****** Inadequate intake of vitamin D in diet is another factor. Studies confirm that African Americans consume the lowest amounts of vitamin D from food alone among different ethnicities. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), as many as 75 percent of African Americans are lactose intolerant, possibly further limiting the consumption of calcium and vitamin D fortified dairy products.

As explained on page one of this thread. Pale skin is best explained through the spread of farming, There are two general sources for vitamin D—sunlight and diet.

Btw.... Applying simple logic, you would be able to understand that since goat's milk can be consumed by lactose intolerant humans, and being that a lot of Europeans are lactose tolerant, well this tells you Europeans adapted to drinking high lactose cows milk. Obviously Europeans, or pastoralists in general wouldn't be so tolerant of lactose if they were drinking goats milk.
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Comments? Lactose tolerance and evolution in East Africa

quote:
Convergent adaptation of human lactase persistence in Africa and Europe.

http://www.citeulike.org/user/Archaeogenetics/article/1013170

Abstract

A SNP in the gene encoding lactase (LCT) (C/T-13910) is associated with the ability to digest milk as adults (lactase persistence) in Europeans, but the genetic basis of lactase persistence in Africans was previously unknown. We conducted a genotype-phenotype association study in 470 Tanzanians, Kenyans and Sudanese and identified three SNPs (G/C-14010, T/G-13915 and C/G-13907) that are associated with lactase persistence and that have derived alleles that significantly enhance transcription from the LCT promoter in vitro. These SNPs originated on different haplotype backgrounds from the European C/T-13910 SNP and from each other. Genotyping across a 3-Mb region demonstrated haplotype homozygosity extending >2.0 Mb on chromosomes carrying C-14010, consistent with a selective sweep over the past approximately 7,000 years. These data provide a marked example of convergent evolution due to strong selective pressure resulting from shared cultural traits-animal domestication and adult milk consumption.

And another article proving Early Europeans were intolerant of lactose.

quote:
Absence of the lactase-persistence-associated allele in early Neolithic Europeans.
by: J Burger, M Kirchner, B Bramanti, W Haak, MG Thomas

http://www.citeulike.org/user/Archaeogenetics/article/1185730

X Abstract

Lactase persistence (LP), the dominant Mendelian trait conferring the ability to digest the milk sugar lactose in adults, has risen to high frequency in central and northern Europeans in the last 20,000 years. This trait is likely to have conferred a selective advantage in individuals who consume appreciable amounts of unfermented milk. Some have argued for the "culture-historical hypothesis," whereby LP alleles were rare until the advent of dairying early in the Neolithic but then rose rapidly in frequency under natural selection. Others favor the "reverse cause hypothesis," whereby dairying was adopted in populations with preadaptive high LP allele frequencies. Analysis based on the conservation of lactase gene haplotypes indicates a recent origin and high selection coefficients for LP, although it has not been possible to say whether early Neolithic European populations were lactase persistent at appreciable frequencies. We developed a stepwise strategy for obtaining reliable nuclear ancient DNA from ancient skeletons, based on (i) the selection of skeletons from archaeological sites that showed excellent biomolecular preservation, (ii) obtaining highly reproducible human mitochondrial DNA sequences, and (iii) reliable short tandem repeat (STR) genotypes from the same specimens. By applying this experimental strategy, we have obtained high-confidence LP-associated genotypes from eight Neolithic and one Mesolithic human remains, using a range of strict criteria for ancient DNA work. We did not observe the allele most commonly associated with LP in Europeans, thus providing evidence for the culture-historical hypothesis, and indicating that LP was rare in early European farmers.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Repetitive and still fails to address strong OCA2 traits in Europeans.
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^^^Of course that has been addressed. Just add it to the list of times I've debunked you.

quote:
^^^^Your data? Lmao laugable, let's just check it out. shall we?

quote:

Of course the pansy doesn't understand the above, and thinks they are speaking about all whites when they say **"In Caucasians"**, which actually means certain cases. Obviously your own source debunks you. lol

Meanwhile, while you didn't notice you debunked yourself. You were further and continuously debunked by me.

quote:
Nina Jablonski:

-

Albinism

Definition

Description

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
The absence or severely limited production of melanin is the clinical definition supported by;

*White/yellow/blond hair (may darken over time)
*Red/Pink/Green/Blue/Hazel eye color (Poor eyesight)
*freckles/moles/lentigines
*ocular dysfunction (Fovea/Photophobia)

One or more of the above symptoms indicates, Albinism

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com