EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » So Ancient Egyptians didn't consider the mediterranean/red sea coasts as Egyptian (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: So Ancient Egyptians didn't consider the mediterranean/red sea coasts as Egyptian
Mustafino
Member # 12795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustafino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
It is striking that the goddess Isis, according to the Egyptian legend, has precisely the *same skin color* that Nubians always have, and that the god Osiris has what seems to me an ethnic epithet indicating his Nubian origin. Apparently this observation has never before been made*. - Amélineau, Prolégomènes\

Not a direct Egyptian source, but an interpretation.
quote:
"Egypt's greatest Masters, Osiris, Hermes, Isis, and Horus all belonged to "the old race", the black Anu - Chandler.
Again, not an Egyptian source but an interpretation.

quote:
Km.t[rm.t] - The Blacks, Black People, a self reference of the the Ancient Egyptians - Champollion.
Another non-Egyptian interpretation.

Do you have ANY source that is Egyptian, like say a wall in one of the tombs, a Payrus, something?

quote:
Km.t[s-t] - Black Lady, a self reference of 11th dynastic Kemetic princess.
Descriptive term, not referring to a people.

quote:
Not just Black himself for whatever reason.
Which is fine. They sure depicted him as dark.

quote:
Done, done and done.
None, none, and none. Try again please, with Egyptian sources.
Posts: 354 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mustafino:

I see your deductive powers are non existent that you couldn't reference your own post and see I did a typo.

Nope, I don't have deductive powers to assume a troll, well known for intentionally misquoting people and fabricating claims, would "accidentally' be misquoting me.

quote:
Mustafino:

quote:
So you've already provided links where it says 'deshret' doesn't mean 'burnt faces'?
Strawmen. That is the best kind of argument you can come up with?
You wish it were a strawman. Com'on back it up, and stop cowering.

quote:
Mustafino:

quote:
Feel free to click on the link that you proclaimed to have read.
I did. Sadly even though you did, your reading comprehension didn't help.
Well, if you had read it, you would have come across the term. You are either blind or just plain dumb [and illiterate].

quote:
Mustafino:

quote:
So the Greeks referred to 'burnt faces', but were not really referencing skin color?
Sure, but probably in context of their own experience. Darker skinned people usually were burnt in the sun. Or maybe refering to how burnt wood looked. No ancient etymology dictionary.
Lol. So how come they referred to Kushites as "aethiops". Did they assume that such dark skin was simply "tanning" or the "burn of the sun"? You keep saying it has nothing to do with reference to skin, or ethnicity, and yet, you come up with terms like "melanoaethiops", "leukaethiops", and "aethiops". How did they quantify these. What texts back your claims?

quote:
Mustafino:

quote:
So who were the 'aethiops', the 'black tan' folks, while 'leukaethiops' means 'white tan'? Why didn't the Greeks call Egyptians 'Aethiops' but referenced it on certain north Africans and Kushites?
No, that would have been melanoaethiops. So it just meant bornt faces. Never heard of a North African referenced with it, but it could be. Kushites and some Egyptians were darker, so they probably were described as such.
Produce the reference where Egyptians were referred to as "aethiops". And who were the "leukaethiopes" applied to, if not people from the North African regions? Again, why were Kushites generally simply referred to as "aethiops", as opposed to "melanoaethiops"?

quote:
Mustafino:

Remember the Aethiops that came to help Troy.

What relevance has this to do with what you are being asked?

quote:
Mustafino:

quote:
And 'aethiops' would be what...'black tan' or 'black burnt faces'? Leuko means 'white', so it cannot mean 'light'.
Nope. Just burnt face. dark or black burnt face would have been melanoaethiops.
So, "aethiops" means "burnt face", and "melanoaethiopes" means "black or dark burnt face", and "leucaethiops" means "light burnt face", right? How come then Kushites were generally referred to as just "aethiops", and it was never referenced on Egyptians as far as I can recall, and so, who were the other two: "melanoatheopes" and "leukaethiops"? Shoot.

quote:
Mustafino:

quote:
You said:

Wrong. I said they called them burnt faces, not Black. In the link I posted they recognized it as a term for land, not people. Try again.

^Doesn't look like a strawman, it looks like you are suffering from amnesia.

in reference to this post.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003266;p=3#000134
Claim 1: "because Greek made references to Egyptians as 'blacks'"
I said they called them burnt faces, not Black.
Claim 2: "Yes: Deshret. It is not an English term; it is a mdu ntr term, which is also acknowledged in the link you provided earlier, only now to act like you've never heard of the term."
In the link I posted they recognized it as a term for land, not people

And I have amnesia?

Of course you do, because this isn't the format with which you wrote your orginal statement. I posted the 'original' format. Better luck next time.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustafino
Member # 12795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustafino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
Of course you do, because this isn't the format with which you wrote your orginal statement. I posted the 'original' format. Better luck next time.

Once I clarified what I stated, your argument was over with, the fact that you keep on posting it shows you are just trying to argue a strawman.
Posts: 354 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:

Once I clarified what I stated, your argument was over with, the fact that you keep on posting it shows you are just trying to argue a strawman.
Nope, it shows that you think you can easily change your strips and fool somebody...but of course you can't, because that fool's statement is intact in its original format as I cited it. Whatever error is therein, lies squarely on yourself; don't blame the messenger.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustafino
Member # 12795

Rate Member
Oh please. that is the dumbest argument I have seen. "Oh I misunderstood what you said, but even though you clarified I will keep pretending you meant something else for the sake of trying to sound right."

Truly pathetic.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Oh please. that is the dumbest argument I have seen. "Oh I misunderstood what you said, but even though you clarified I will keep pretending you meant something else for the sake of trying to sound right."

Truly pathetic.

Stop talking like a chick, and get the brains to properly cite people, not schizophrenic hallucinations in that crackhead of yours. Lol.
Mustafino
Member # 12795

Rate Member
LOL. Keep on posting inane posts that add nothing to the discussion as a claim to intellect.
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

LOL. Keep on posting inane posts that add nothing to the discussion as a claim to intellect.

...like you're doing right now? Well, it is the only language that penetrates your thick skull. [Smile]
Mustafino
Member # 12795

Rate Member
Like I said in the other thread, as you are too stupid to contribute anything of substance, I'll let you have the last word. It''s not like it will make one iota of difference as no substance will be in it.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

I find that the terms black and red are used in
Africa by Africans to describe themselves all
over the continent and by every major language
family. It's even used internally by the Black
Americans -- black nigger vs red nigger (perhaps
as an "Africanism" holdover in describing Fulani
i.e., red monkeys).

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
... I simply refuse to accept that people in most of Africa let alone during ancient times have ever designated the term "black" to refer to themselves regardless of where they have lived through out the continent.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Young H.O.R.U.S:

In Nigeria, among the Yoruba people, there have always been 3 human colour classifications. We generally refer to ourselves as Dudu/Black, light-skinned Africans are referred to as Pupa/Red-Yellow (think 'palm oil') and Funfun/White (albinos).

People need to stop generalising about Africa.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

^ Of course. The notion that Europeans created the term Black, seems to be some desparate point of evasion for Africans who feel uncomfortable with the concept.

The only thing Europeans did is impart in them a sense of shame in their own dark skin.

Black is a native African ethnic construct.

Europeans invented nothing.

quote:
We generally refer to ourselves as Dudu/Black,
The AE likewise referred themselves as Keme/Black. Perhaps the most material fact in this thread....which naturally goes unaddressed. [Smile]

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

It's quite simple what they called the Nehhesi to
their south whether pitch black or mellow yellow,
they called them the same thing they called
themselves KM.tnwt as in BG4:5v30
and pronounced KEME as spelled in Coptic the AEL
successor language. There's just no escaping it.

quote:

Transliteration and translation of the 1st 5 columns
of the Book of Gates the Gate of Teka Hra vignette 30

Col1: å-n HRW n nn (+n+n)
[(interogative) Heru to these:

Col2: HQAplural t-w RA
["Subjects, ye (of) Ra.

Col3: å-mplural.w DWA.t PR
[Dwellers (in) netherworld.

Col4: k-m.tnwt d-sh-r.tnwt AKH
[Black community. Red community.

Col5: (+kh)scroll n t-nplural HQA.wplural RA
[Beatification to ye subjects (of) Ra!

-

-
The "four types" -- or better, the "subjects of Ra" -- scene depicts the sun in
the 5th night hour with Heru addressing the dead. He verbally divides them
into the blacks (Nile Valley folk, i.e., Egyptians and Nehesis) under his protection,
and the reds (folk dwelling east or west of the Nile) under Sekhet's protection.

So, in this sacred text is the prime example of KM.t
and it's obviously not being applied to any silt/soil/dirt/land.

Obviously you never bothered to read that post
or were unable to follow the transliteration
(all original work of my own mind you, not
from any 2nd or 3rd parties).

Darker skinned Africans belonged to the black community.
Lightest skinned Africans were of the red community
(as were the Levantines).

This is in the AE's own words, not a drop of
interpretation, anyone with the patience to
work through a basic AEL "glyphabet" and
lexicon can easily reduplicate my findings.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me, but aren't ausar, alTakruri and Tukuler the same person?
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I thought Ancient Egypt was a Nile Valley/Saharan power way before it was a Mediterranean power.

Yet Eurocentrics always obsess that Ancient Egypt was a Mediterranean civilization.

quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
Excuse me, but aren't ausar, alTakruri and Tukuler the same person?

Yeah.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com