EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ham, Shem, and Japheth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ham, Shem, and Japheth
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Hebrew mythology, the different ethnicities of Homo sapiens descended from three sons: Ham, Shem, and Japheth. People used to interpret this as the Hebrews' explanation for phenotypical diversity (Hamites being dark-skinned, Japhethites being fair-skinned, and Shemites having dusky complexions), but some have expressed skepticism of this belief (the Bible does not specifically describe the appearances of Ham, Shem, or Japheth). If this isn't the case, what was the purpose of dividing humanity into Japhethites, Shemites, and Hamites?
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ There are different opinions of course, and it is relgious mythology and so subject to interpretation.

My opinion is that this is derived from kemetic construct of Khem, Namu and Tamehu.

Note: i'm not saying it's a replica, but the idea of explaing human diversity thru religious mythology of distinct lineages possibly is derived by the hebrew from the kemetian.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the Bible does not specifically describe the appearances of Ham, Shem, or Japheth
First, I thought the Hebrew did, I'm sure my man al could help us out with that.

Second, why couldn't some 'hams' live in South Africa, Europe, or East Asia? Why couldn't some shem-ites live in West Africa or East Africa?

The 'Semites' are all over the place, hell, I remember reading that the Phillipinos (or was it Phillistines?) were Gentiles or sons of Japeth.

Think about it... [Confused]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From another thread...

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Yes that's the warped English translation based on
their despising dark skin.

The Hebrew authors of the text in question held no
such contempt. This bit of Hebrew scripture is the
first statement of BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL (a full
two thousand five hundred yeas before the USA black
power movement adopted the phrase) in history.

When the Yemini recording artist Shimi Tabori sang it
on an English language release he used the conjunctive
AND, which is also what was printed on the LP jacket
and the record label.

Since Tabori, like 99.9% of Yemini Jews, has spoken
Hebrew from birth and knows English as second language
(in Israel) his translation is accurate correct and valid.

It reflects what we know from the Hebrews and from
even the post era Judaeans:

quote:

Shem was especially blessed black and beautiful,
Hham was blessed black like the raven,
and Yapheth was blessed white all over.

PIRQE DE RABBI ELIEZER 28a

quote:

... the priest shall look on the plague; and, behold,
if the appearance thereof be deeper than the
skin, and there be in it yellow thin hair, then the
priest shall pronounce him unclean: it is a scall,
it is leprosy of the head or of the beard.

And if a man or a woman have in the skin of
their flesh bright spots, even white bright spots;
then the priest shall look; and, behold,
if the bright spots in the skin of their flesh
be of a dull white, it is a tetter
, it hath
broken out in the skin: he is clean.
. . . .
... if the rising of the plague be reddish-white
in his bald head, or in his bald forehead, as
the appearance of leprosy in the skin of the
flesh, he is a leprous man, he is unclean
; the
priest shall surely pronounce him unclean:

Leviticus 13:30 & 13:38-44

And, less some fool think a blond haired, white skinned or reddish
white skinned leper was something beautiful in Hebrew eyes:
quote:

when the cloud was removed from over the Tent, behold,
Miriam was leprous, as white as snow; and Aaron looked
upon Miriam; and, behold, she was leprous.

And Aaron said unto Moses: ...Let her not, I pray, be
as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed
when he cometh out of his mother's womb.'

Numbers 12:10-12

The appearance of a blond white person to ancient Hebrews was
as if they were a miscarriage or a stillbirth and was frightening.

Later, after getting used to white peoples of Europe from
seeing them suffused throughout the Roman empire, they
excused Germans from all being lepers even though the
descendants of Gehazi were know as congenital lepers.

quote:

The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee,
and unto thy seed for ever
.' And he went out from his
presence a leper as white as snow.

2 Kings 5:27

Yes, the correct translation is "I am black and beautiful"
or alternately if one prefers, "I am dark and lovely."

In that day and time there was no reason for any
black to be ashamed of their colour. For Hebrews, a
Kushi's beauty was his skin as was the Aithiop's in
Grecian eyes.

quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
quote:
Originally posted by vidadavida:
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
kame black
kemi black
kmme black
kmom be, become black

Anok ang ou Keme' nefer (Coptic; Song of Solomon)
I am Black and Beautiful.

*snickering* that was the nail in the coffin good source!!! It should be done now.
Why's that, because of the quotation? Well, the usual English translation of that verse is actually "I am black but comely."

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rasol,

where did you find this quotation about Shem being "Black and beautiful"? Thanks.

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

^ It's from the knowledgeable AlTakruri....all props.
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then AlTakruri,

can you name the source for Shem being "Black and beautiful"? Thanks.

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigMix
Member # 6969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigMix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Achillobator:
If this isn't the case, what was the purpose of dividing humanity into Japhethites, Shemites, and Hamites?

The Bible first and foremost is a Covenental Document with glaring Federalist undertones.

In the Bible there is no race per say, but Family Clans headed by a Patriarch/Father. The Father determines the god of the family, the occupation of the family, and who will be married into the family and out of the family. The decisions of the Covenant Head i.e the Father or the Patriarch is imposed upon the family.

Therefore in the Bible, if a Father is obedient, his family usually partakes of these blessings, if a Father is disobedient the family usually partakes of the curses.

Noah was obedient, and Noah's 3 sons partake of his blessings. When Noah's sons came of age and they began to develop their own clan unit, each son became responsible.

Previously in the Bible we saw this with Adam and Eve. Adam sin, and being the federal head, his sons Cain and Abel suffered likewise from his dispossession of Eden.

Cain being disobedient, his clan suffered his curses, Seth being obedient and his clan got blessings which continued through Noah. And it is the expansion and the multiplication of these family units that the Bible traces and considers the population of the world.

Thus the Bible does not consider race as a legitimate manner to separate groups only by Covenental Head. This is why throughout the Bible one sees such things as the Ruebenites, Canaanites, Jebusites, Elamites, Ishmaelites etc. All these indicate the Federal Head or the Covenental Head of the particular people group.

Now expanding as to how race came into play. It is only natural that when certain family units become isolated certain genes became isolated as well which these resulted in the superficial racial appearances of persons.

Posts: 134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You are correct about your interpretation of the Bible when it came to grouping people. The classifications the Bible uses for people are nations, ethnicities, and tribes. Physical appearance comes up but it is only secondary. Thus the Hebrews distinguished Western Kushi (blacks) who are Africans from Eastern Kushi.

However, you kind of lost it when you began mixing Biblical scripture with science. Phenotype is a result of adaptation to an environment and not necessarily isolation. Thus since humanity originated in Africa, their original color was 'black'. Many indigenous/aboriginal groups who live in the tropics have preserved this skin color while those who moved away to less sunny climates did not.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vidadavida
Member # 12945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vidadavida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then AlTakruri,

Don't get your hopes up Israel Semites aren't and never were black and even if they were they weren't central or west African like African Americans.

the Holy Falasha Ethiopian Book called the Kebra Negast, once again proving the Semetis are not black:

Chapter 64. How the Daughter of PHARAOH Seduced SOLOMON
"...And she answered and said unto him, "Thy son hath carried away thy Lady ZION, thy son whom thou hast begotten, who springeth from an alien people into which God hath not commanded you to marry, that is to say, from an ETHIOPIAN woman, who is not of thy colour, and is not akin to thy country, and who is, moreover, black."

Posts: 271 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neokem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW powerful stuff, that kinda kills the whole black hebrew angle doesnt it.

--------------------
http://www.saywordradio.com/
http://www.neo-kem.com/
http://www.libradio.com/

Posts: 66 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vidadavida
Member # 12945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vidadavida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*In my African American southern negro accent*

"It shole do"

LOL!!!!!! [Cool]

Posts: 271 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Of course, there was never an issue that the ancient Hebrews were not black.

Even Exodus describes an account where God punishes Moses' sister for chastising Moses for marrying Zipporah, a black Midianted woman.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...what was the purpose of dividing humanity into Japhethites, Shemites, and Hamites?

The purpose was for confusion & control and to give a body of people having difficulty finding a historical footing within Ancient achievements and trace of ancient civilization a synthetic and artificial history for an ultimate goal of pride now turned into what is now known as White Supremacy.

"Japhethites, Shemites, and Hamites" are being paraded as being 3 different races which is impossible. If all races originated in African and the process of becoming another race theoretically takes tens of thousands of years or more, it is absolutely impossible for a person to biologically birth three different races.

"Japhethites, Shemites, and Hamites" are likely to be the same race as all Black Africans except they were probably nations/tribes and probably separated by belief, family names and so on. Not by skin color or skin tone. In other words, Japhethites and Shemites were not racially different from Hamites.

Yeah, I said it, They wus all BLACK!!! and What? Prove dey wus not! I di'nt think so!

Posts: 179 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If this isn't the case, what was the purpose of dividing humanity into Japhethites, Shemites, and Hamites?
I agree with DJ. & I think BigMack. The purpose was for identification. Basically ethnicity.

It wasn't race, as they all had the same father. Even if Noah had different baby momma's.

quote:
quote:
Then AlTakruri,

Don't get your hopes up Israel Semites aren't and never were black and even if they were they weren't central or west African like African Americans.
Actually, there were some black semites. The Elamites!  -

They're the only ones I know of anyway.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neokem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've read wherever the those that call themseves Jews migrated to they interbred with the populace, despite that their version of god, told them not to.

Their is a group in central Africa called the LEMBA who have been geneticaly proven to be the descendents of Moses's brother Aaron. Google them.

Also the Ethiopians Jews who practiced a version of the religion that predated all the racist rhetoric in the talmud.

Also their have been several books written on the cultural similarities between the ancient Hebrew religion and continental african culture.

I also read the rest of that quote from the Kebra Negast, it seems pharoahs daughtwer was needling Solomon because he wouldnt worship her gods,

she says:
"well you had a baby by an black women, an ethiopian whom god told you not to mess with"

to which he replies:
"yeah well you and her from the same family.. and what!!!???

As for the Black Hebrew Isrealites they are just a cult, despite that, they put their money where their mouth was and migrated to isreal where they were given citizenship. And from what I hear live a very positive lifestyle.

--------------------

Posts: 66 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neokem:

Their is a group in central Africa called the LEMBA who have been geneticaly proven to be the descendents of Moses's brother Aaron. Google them.

Lol! [Big Grin]

Google = God; these days!

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Semites originally came from the Nile Valley...
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To What Box:

The "Hebrew Isrealites" are actual African Americans born and raised in the U.S.

Also, the ancient Elamites were not a Semitic speaking people but were predecessors of the Persians in Iran who spoke a language not closely related to any other known language.

[ 12. April 2007, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't you see I fully cited the reference source directly following the quote?

I'll also mention Jewish folklore has it that a voice from heaven declared
everything that particular rabbi said was always correct.

Fig 1 Three "chief elders" of the Judaean city Lachish bow before Sennacherib.
From James B. Pritchard's THE ANCIENT NEAR EAST VOL I net copyright 1997 al~Takruri
 -

Figs 2&3 Defeated Judahite soldiery of Lachish (closeup profiles and fuller scene)
 -  -

Viewers of Assyrian art notice the very similar features shared by Elamites
and Israelites. Many printed and web sources have in fact mistakenly
used Assyrian portraiture of Elamites as Judahites. Mind you, the series
from Sennacherib's palace in Nineveh are the only indisputably
authentic and oldest (circa 700 BCE) images of "Jews."

quote:
Originally posted by Israel:
Then AlTakruri,

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
continued ...

Both white people and black people biased against Jews
and even most European Ashkenazi Jews themselves
hate to deal with the reality of the physical features
of the Y*hudiym/Judahites/Jews in the 8th century BCE
depicted above.

What serves to confirm the ethnic reality depicted
by Judah's Assyrian conquerers is the discovery of
an ossuary at Lachish dated to the time of the
conquest. It is the largest sample of Israelite
remains and comes from a city that was populated
the previous 500 years by Israelites. 695 crania of
all ages and both genders were uncovered.

D. L. Risdon in BIOMETRIKA 1939 31:99-166 reports
the Lachish cranial series has its closest resemblance
to the 4th dynasty series from Deshasheh and Medum
in Lower Egypt and the 18th dynasty samples from Thebes
and Abydos in Upper Egypt. Cranial samples from other
Palestinian sites (Gezer, Megiddo) agree with the Lachish
cranium. Thus we have a clear African "racial" continuum
in the Hebrews and Egyptians.

The phrase "black and beautiful" ( sh*hhora w*nawa )
originates from a Hebrew document, Song of Songs 1:5,
where an Israelite woman from Shunem exclaims her sun
enhanced ebon beauty to some color and class struck
dusky members of the royal household who kept themselves
behind palace walls out of sunlight. For the Shulammite to
have tanned black she must have already been very brown.

In the midrash (Hebrew legendary lore) Shem teamed up with
Hham in the war against Yapheth, progenitor of the northern
people of pallour. The PIRQE DE RIBBI ELI`EZER 28a classes
Shem with people of colour. It says that Shem was especially
blessed black and beautiful, Hham was blessed black like the
raven, and Yapheth was blessed white all over.

Josephus, a Judahite writer of the 1st century CE,
agrees with the Egyptian Cherilus' description of
Israelites conscripted into Xerxes' army as having
the visage of "smoke hardened horseheads." This
refered to their high cheekbones and prominent jaws,
as seen in the conquest of Lachish depictions, and
their smokey "soot" dark complexions (Against Apion I.22).

Tacitus, a younger contemporary of Josephus, lists
common Roman opinions on Jewish origins. He wrote
that many were assured Judahites were descendents
of Kushites (The Histories V.2). Is this a view lurking
within Amos 9:7?
quote:
Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD.
Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor,
and the Syrians from Kir?

The idea that the Israelites were some kind of Caucasian
comes from viewing too many European Renaissance fanciful
paintings of Bible stories and East Mediterranean idylls.

If anti-black prejudice and affiliation with Caucasians in
preference to other Shemites and the Hhamites entered
Judaism it may be because, as worded by Dio Cassius,
Roman History 37:17:1 "other men, who, although of a
different race, have adopted the laws of the people."

Though for the most part enjoying amicable relations
today the still darker skinned Jews of the Maghreb,
Ethiopia, Yemen, and India, occasionally suffer
discrimination at the hands of the descendents of
those who adopted the laws of the people and came,
through the vicissitudes of history, to take over the
leadership of `Am Yisra'el (the People Israel).

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Also I found this link I'm interested to know if anyone from East Africa may have heard of them:

http://www.haruth.com/JewsSomalia.html

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
According to Hebrew mythology, the different ethnicities of Homo sapiens descended from three sons: Ham, Shem, and Japheth. People used to interpret this as the Hebrews' explanation for phenotypical diversity (Hamites being dark-skinned, Japhethites being fair-skinned, and Shemites having dusky complexions), but some have expressed skepticism of this belief (the Bible does not specifically describe the appearances of Ham, Shem, or Japheth). If this isn't the case, what was the purpose of dividing humanity into Japhethites, Shemites, and Hamites?

The purpose is for people to believe they are superior to the other for whatever reason that made hold true. If Ham supposedly was black then that makes his parents black, if his parents were black so were his brothers.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
quote:
Can't you see I fully cited the reference source directly following the quote?

I'll also mention Jewish folklore has it that a voice from heaven declared
everything that particular rabbi said was always correct.

Fig 1 Three "chief elders" of the Judaean city Lachish bow before Sennacherib.
From James B. Pritchard's THE ANCIENT NEAR EAST VOL I net copyright 1997 al~Takruri
 -

Figs 2&3 Defeated Judahite soldiery of Lachish (closeup profiles and fuller scene)
 -  -

Viewers of Assyrian art notice the very similar features shared by Elamites
and Israelites. Many printed and web sources have in fact mistakenly
used Assyrian portraiture of Elamites as Judahites. Mind you, the series
from Sennacherib's palace in Nineveh are the only indisputably
authentic and oldest (circa 700 BCE) images of "Jews."

quote:
Originally posted by Israel:
Then AlTakruri,

ok Takruri,

O cam see that the source is "PIRQE DE RABBI ELIEZER 28a ". But my question is: what is this? Is this a quote from the Babylonian Talmud? Listen man, if it is a legitimate quote from a true source, then I am cool(more than cool) with it. But I need to check the source myself. If it is legitimate, then it is a powerful resource that I can use now and in the future. So please inform, where did you get this source of information from? Is the original quote from the Talmud? If so, did you read it yourself, or did you get the information from a secondary source? If it was a secondary source(such as the Jewish Encyc. or whatever), then let me know. Can you post the link, or whatever, so that I can go directly to it? You might think I am trying to challenge you, but that is not it at all. I am trying to know the truth, and that is it. I searched the internet already trying to find that quote that you quoted. So please, my friend, post EVERYTHING about that quote that you can find. Cause then I can holla at my Jewish friends about these traditions, understand?

[ 12. April 2007, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Technical Anomaly (What Box):
quote:
the Bible does not specifically describe the appearances of Ham, Shem, or Japheth
First, I thought the Hebrew did, I'm sure my man al could help us out with that.

Second, why couldn't some 'hams' live in South Africa, Europe, or East Asia? Why couldn't some shem-ites live in West Africa or East Africa?

The 'Semites' are all over the place, hell, I remember reading that the Phillipinos (or was it Phillistines?) were Gentiles or sons of Japeth.

Think about it... [Confused]

What you suspect is true.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate the info, Takruri.

I am not at all surprised by an African element among the early Jews. In fact, considering their cultural-linguistic relationship as Afrasians it is all not that surprising.

[ 12. April 2007, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
But there such good info being spit in this forum..those 2 detract from that

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Yes. I regret posting the facts and photos.
They've been immediately obscured by mindless
chit-chat.

I love this forum but it's becoming grating.

Does anyone know of an Africana forum of high
standards and regular posters? If so please
PM me w/subject AFRICANA FORUM.

We only have one professional here. I want to
run my amateur findings past more professionals
but not on TA_SETI where a non-African is the
big boss.

quote:
Originally posted by neokem:
But there such good info being spit in this forum..those 2 detract from that

Horus_Den_1
Member # 12222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horus_Den_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
*In my African American southern negro accent*

"It shole do"

LOL!!!!!! [Cool]

Tutemkasret you were banned in the past, for you now to adopt an ethnic groups name who you have attacked with insults under a different name before and today continue to attack indirectly is very pathetic and sinister indeed and you should be ashamed of yourself

you will be banned permanently

Bettyboo i'm sick and tired of your provocative posts this is your last warning!!

any new post not adressing the topic will be deleted!!

Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Djehuti:
Even Exodus describes an account where God punishes Moses' sister for chastising Moses for marrying Zipporah, a black Midianted woman.

Actually, this goes along with quite a bit of other lessons of tribal tolerance.

There's also the instance where Niobi's daughter and law marries a moabite or some ish like that and that forms the line that King David and even later Jesus come from. I also heard that Jesus was Caananite.

Either way, those are lessons of tolerance and did not have anything to do with skin color. Plus God turned her white, which only rule out the possibility of her starting out white. Also, moses looked like an Egyptian.

Vidum's post had a much better rebuttal of a black ancient Israel, though it's only one example.
quote:
Chapter 64. How the Daughter of PHARAOH Seduced SOLOMON
"...And she answered and said unto him, "Thy son hath carried away thy Lady ZION, thy son whom thou hast begotten, who springeth from an alien people into which God hath not commanded you to marry, that is to say, from an ETHIOPIAN woman, who is not of thy colour, and is not akin to thy country, and who is, moreover, black."

The only other one I can think of involves Soloman also...

Back ON topic: Why don't we just say where-ever there's Pyramids and great splender and wealth - Hamites.

Where ever theres walls - Shemites.

Gentiles - Japeth.

Here you see with this criteria I can answer any question. Anyone.

From any time, you'll see; I'll use an example:

Ex.: Q.) [ I ] Alright Mr. Big Smartypants, the U.S. of America has many different peoples... [ /I ]

[ B ] Duh! We all have the same ancestors so no one's different, but TECHNICALLY WE'RE HAMITES! [ /B ] [Big Grin] (Due to Vegas and GDP)

This idiotic message has been sent to you by a PIimp, Willing Thinker/What Box. [Wink]

neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
A coupla things:

First does anybody know how many years between the exodus and the time Solomon ruled? Its entirely possible by the time of solomon That the hebrews had interbred with the cannanites.
Also we must remember we are talking about a translation by an englishman, I'd love to hear what a true ethiopian jew says about that passage.

And on the opposite end:

Ive read some accounts that say the Hebrews came into Kemit during the time of Hyksos rule, and that when the Kemites took control back, they got kicked out. So they may have never been black at all, but the different racial characteristics of modern jews kinda leads one to beleive they would have interbred.

--------------------

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I heard just the opposite. I heard that they came in during the time of the 'nubians' (really southerners) rule.
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Which SOutherners? I think i read somewhere that 18 of the pharoahs were southern.

But if you mean the 25th dynasty thats not possible, jerusalem was an established nation by the time they came to power.

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
The Kebra Naghast(sp) isn't an ancient (BCE) document,
nor was it written by Beta Israel (Ethiopian Jewry),
nor do they revere it or the Queen of Sheba.

It's a third hand Amharic rewrite of a Syrian Orthodox Christian work.
http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=714&start=18&mforum=thenile

In any event, nothing but nothing has greater bearing
or authority on the colour of the Hebrews than the very
documents they themselves produced and which have been
presented here recently and many a time before.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
So the Kebra Negast was written to legitamize the Kings of ethiopia?

Interesting.

--------------------

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Josephus, a Judahite writer of the 1st century CE,
agrees with the Egyptian Cherilus' description of
Israelites conscripted into Xerxes' army as having
the visage of "smoke hardened horseheads." This
refered to their high cheekbones and prominent jaws,
as seen in the conquest of Lachish depictions, and
their smokey "soot" dark complexions (Against Apion I.22).

From an above post.

Solymean mountains refers to the range including
Jerusalem (Dar u solym) and other Israel cities.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^ This is great!

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com