EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: for the genetists, why do horn african mix always look un-african? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: OT: for the genetists, why do horn african mix always look un-african?
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there an explanation why people from horn africa have such recessive genes? Since i've noticed that the offspring always looks like the other parent?
Here are some pics for demonstration

Ethiopian/Taiwanese
 -

Somali/Indonesian
 -

Eritrean/Egyptian
 -

Somali/Finnish
 -

Dutch/Eritrean
 -

Somali/British
 -

Russian/Ethiopian
 -

(Girl)Filipino/Eritrean
 -

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pakistani/Ethiopian
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/166/pict0030bm4.jpg

Eritrean/syrian-armenian
 -

Ethiopian/American
 -

(brothers)Eritrean/Swedish
 -

Eritrean/Irish-American
 -

Ethiopian/Venezuelan
 -
 -

Serbian/Eritrean
 -

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
(brothers)Japanes/Ethiopian
 -
 -

Both the kids parents are Eritrean/Italian mixed
 -

Somali/German
 -

Somali/Egyptian
 -

Eritrean/Slovenian
 -

(Guy) Ethiopian/Finnish
 -

Spanish/Ethiopian
 -

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

Is there an explanation why people from horn africa have such recessive genes? Since i've noticed that the offspring always looks like the other parent?

Don't know, but it certainly explains why coastal north Africans look the way the do, even though they have substantial East African ancestry, and which in the case of coastal northwest African "Berbers", is largely paternal.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Eritrean/German
 -

Eritrean/Swedish
 -

Somali/Italian
 -

Somali/Morroccon
 -

Somali/Armenian
 -

Somali/Italian
 -

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Somali/Norwegian (Girl in the middle)
 -

Somali/Canadian
 -

Somali/Lebanese
 -
 -

Eritrean/Norwegian brothers
 -

Ethiopian/japanese
 -

rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In terms of genetics [what you asked about], there isn't any defined instance of East Africans having 'recessive' genes.

Phenotype is subjective, and photos are selective.

I do understand what you're asking, but you can't do genetics this way.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Those photos are not selective at all, i've posted all horn african mixed photos that i could find on the net. Maybe you can post some more representative photos of horn african mixed people, if you consider those above selective?

My point was to show that regardless if they are from East-asia or Europe they always end up looking as their non-african parent, atleast as my eyes can see.

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outside of any potential genetic explanation for the question posed in the intro notes, I guess it is relatively easy for a combination of traits of the said East African parents and their extra-East African counterparts to appear distinct from that of the former [and perhaps the latter as well], because cranio-metric trends in certain Afrasan speaking groups of East Africa are relatively generalized vis-à-vis various extra-African groups, and since in many occasions, "hybrid" offspring tend to be intermediate, it would appear to some observers that the said East African traits aren't expressed, or in other words - "don't stand out". Look at Barack Obama; his facial traits may well be distinct enough from his African father. Does this necessarily mean that the father's traits weren't expressed? Of course not, which is why he can still pass for a "black man" in the U.S., and likely anywhere else. His phenotype is quite likely 'intermediate' between his two parents.

Take these aforementioned pictures, for instance:

-

-

-

Take that Italian-Somali soccer player on the top, for instance; I’ve come across some Yemeni and Amharinya individuals who sport a general appearance not much different from this man’s. The Italian-Somali gentleman below, could well pass for a coastal North African - like a swarthy "Berber" speaker from that region. The traits of these two individuals are likely intermediate between that of their European and African parents. What about the Norwegian lady in the middle photo? She apparently doesn't look like the average Norwegian female. She too, while apparently distinct from both her Norwegian parent and East African parent, is likely intermediate between the two in terms of phenotypic traits.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as the gene pool is recessive vis a vis a Northern comparative (Mediterranean/Europe), we can safely say the opposite is true if a Somali/Eritrean/Ethiopian intermarries with any of the West African and Southern African (Niger/NIgeria) their phenotype will approximate those Southern African tribal groups that they interact!
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
This is very true, my elder cousin's mother is Ugandan and he looks nothing like a somali but completely Ugandan. I'll try to post his pic later when i get access to a scanner in school.
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two cousins that are 1/2 Nigerian that look completely Nigerian, actually. I have another pair of distant cousins who are 1/2 Chinese but look 100% Asian. Imagine seeing little Chinese kids running around speaking in Amharic. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is very true, my elder cousin's mother is Ugandan and he looks nothing like a somali but completely Ugandan. I'll try to post his pic later when i get access to a scanner in school.

This seems to be a matter of XX verse XY chromosomes. Could this have something to do with the fact that East Africans are mainly the host of L3 and L3 is haplogroup from which the macro-haplogroups M and N came from?

I guess this gets kinds of sticky being that an AA can have a strong m, r1b, etc presence and still look African ...

Just a thought...

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salah:
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:
Outside of any potential genetic explanation for the question posed in the intro notes, I guess it is relatively easy for a combination of traits of the said East African parents and their extra-East African counterparts to appear distinct from that of the former [and perhaps the latter as well], because cranio-metric trends in certain Afrasan speaking groups of East Africa are relatively generalized vis-à-vis various extra-African groups, and since in many occasions, "hybrid" offspring tend to be intermediate, it would appear to some observers that the said East African traits aren't expressed, or in other words - "don't stand out". Look at Barack Obama; his facial traits may well be distinct enough from his African father. Does this necessarily mean that the father's traits weren't expressed? Of course not, which is why he can still pass for a "black man" in the U.S., and likely anywhere else. His phenotype is quite likely 'intermediate' between his two parents.

Take these aforementioned pictures, for instance:

-

-

-

Take that Italian-Somali soccer player on the top, for instance; I’ve come across some Yemeni and Amharinya individuals who sport a general appearance not much different from this man’s. The Italian-Somali gentleman below, could well pass for a coastal North African - like a swarthy "Berber" speaker from that region. The traits of these two individuals are likely intermediate between that of their European and African parents. What about the Norwegian lady in the middle photo? She apparently doesn't look like the average Norwegian female. She too, while apparently distinct from both her Norwegian parent and East African parent, is likely intermediate between the two in terms of phenotypic traits.

i have never seen a amharic person that is looks close to what he looks, if u think that he looks amharic, anyway the explanation for this is that some east africans are feature wise closer to eurasions than to the stryotypical black look (please dont get me wrong as i am not saying that we are genetically etc closer to eurasions).

Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KaBa Un Hru:
quote:

This seems to be a matter of XX verse XY chromosomes.
Yes.

quote:
Could this have something to do with the fact that East Africans are mainly the host of L3 and L3 is haplogroup from which the macro-haplogroups M and N came from?
Seems like it could be logical..

quote:
I guess this gets kinds of sticky being that an AA can have a strong m, r1b, etc presence and still look African ...
Yes, I know!

Yone bone:

You probably knew that someone was going to ask you this.

Couldn't you have put:
quote:

Eritrean/mixed Egyptian

^This or

quote:

Eritrean/Egyptian (mixed)

that instead^?
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Why do you always have to write about such trivial matters? You understood the message conveyed, didn't you? I'm not writing a paper that's going to be published in a scientific journal, this is just a discussion forum.
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

i have never seen a amharic person that is looks close to what he looks, if u think that he looks amharic, anyway the explanation for this is that some east africans are feature wise closer to eurasions than to the stryotypical black look (please dont get me wrong as i am not saying that we are genetically etc closer to eurasions).

The keywords in your comment is "You" have never seen. Plus, you need to interpret words carefully, because I never said the guy looks "Amharic" - that is nonsense. I said that I've come across Amarinya individuals who don't look much different in general appearance from the person in question. Spot the difference between your claim and mine? I hope so. Trust me, I know that part of the world [Ethiopia] very well, or should I say, "I know that part of the world "b.t'am"[Don't know if the word as put forth does any justice to how it is actually pronounce]".
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I do understand what you're asking, but you can't do genetics this way.

But regarding looks, it's possible, I've seen some Somali who could pass for Indians although they are technically 100% Somali, it's possible that due to long contacts between people from the Horn of African and Non African, it is easier for them to be diluted phenotypically while mixing with non Africans, but again it's totally subjective and I met few mix Somali and Arab who still have Somali features...it's very subjective and dangerous to say that there are recessive genes among Horners...there is no proof.
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

The keywords in your comment is "You" have never seen. Plus, you need to interpret words carefully, because I never said the guy looks "Amharic" - that is nonsense. I said that I've come across Amarinya individuals who don't look much different in general appearance from the person in question. Spot the difference between your claim and mine? I hope so. Trust me, I know that part of the world [Ethiopia] very well, or should I say, "I know that part of the world "b.t'am"[Don't know if the word as put forth does any justice to how it is actually pronounce]".
I'm guessing you meant "bet'am" (="a lot," but close enough), but correctly it's "bedemb" (="well," "be" = by, + Demb/Denb = "skill"). Anyway, I have yet to meet an Ethiopian that looks like that, but I do agree that the mixes do usually retain some of their horner features, just that it's hard to separate some features such as nose breadth and length.
Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guess this gets kinds of sticky being that an AA can have a strong m, r1b, etc presence and still look African
Then again the photos aren't too relevant, without the associated genetics.

I have seen quite a few instances of 'mixed' children looking more like their non-african parent. Then again, you have to again remember that most of us are mixed in the first place.

quote:
Yoner:
Why do you always have to write about such trivial matters? You understood the message conveyed, didn't you? I'm not writing a paper that's going to be published in a scientific journal, this is just a discussion forum.

My bad, bone-master, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

quote:
Africa:
But regarding looks, it's possible, I've seen some Somali who could pass for Indians although they are technically 100% Somali

Another obstacle that reminds us these pictures are pointless without their respective genetics.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by Yom:

quote:

quote:

I'm guessing you meant "bet'am" (="a lot," but close enough),
You bet, which is why I placed a dot in the place of where the vowel should have been placed.

quote:
Yom:

Anyway, I have yet to meet an Ethiopian that looks like that, but I do agree that the mixes do usually retain some of their horner features, just that it's hard to separate some features such as nose breadth and length.

Yom, when I want your opinion on "my experience", I'll let you know.
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
quote:

Go ahead and point out where I gave my opinion on your experience, since all I did was supply ine. Where did I even use the word experience? Only you can turn benign threads into flame-fests. I'm done replying to your posts.
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by Yom:

quote:

Go ahead and point out where I gave my opinion on your experience
Sure.

I wrote:

The keywords in your comment is "You" have never seen. Plus, you need to interpret words carefully, because I never said the guy looks "Amharic" - that is nonsense. I said that I've come across Amarinya individuals who don't look much different in general appearance from the person in question.

And you, yom, wrote:

Anyway, I have yet to meet an Ethiopian that looks like that...

^Like what, and whose post were you replying? Yeap, you were replying to my claim.

quote:

since all I did was supply ine. Where did I even use the word experience?

Where did I say you used the word "experience". Learn to read, bro.

quote:

Only you can turn benign threads into flame-fests.

Calling you out on trying to form 'opinion' on my personal experience is 'flame-fest'...how? Elaborate.

quote:
Yom:

I'm done replying to your posts.

Your choice; just remember that I've been posting here before I ever knew any such thing as "yom" exists on this planet. So your presence, or lack thereof makes no difference. So long. [Smile]
kifaru
Member # 4698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kifaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which individuals in the pictures have East African fathers and which individuals have East African mothers?
Posts: 167 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

people on this form need to really understand that amharas , oromos, somalis are not really that differnt.for example it's not that easy
for a white person to know the differnce between us very easily. i could post tons of very light skinned somalis,who are very light , same with ethiopians, but it does not mean that they are typical somalis/ethiopians.that football player could fit more in marocco, or tunisia than ethiopia.also to add that i myself i am from somalia, and i have also visted ethiopia.

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

quote:
Mystery Solver:

people on this form need to really understand that amharas , oromos, somalis are not really that differnt.
Are not "really that different" in what sense? Obviously my comment flew right over your head.

quote:
salah:

for example it's not that easy
for a white person to know the differnce between us very easily.

What "a white man" can tell or not tell, has what bearings on me or my comment?

quote:
salah:

i could post tons of very light skinned somalis,who are very light , same with ethiopians, but it does not mean that they are typical somalis/ethiopians.

You are right. It would be futile to engage in picture spams, and equally so, to think that it would have any bearings on my post.

quote:
salah:

that football player could fit more in marocco, or tunisia than ethiopia.

Well, that is 'your' opinion. I've already expressed mine, and stand by it.

quote:
salah:

also to add that i myself i am from somalia, and i have also visted ethiopia.

I too have been to ethiopia, and your point?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yonis, can you post more pictures of pretty girls? [Big Grin]

By the way, I've always wondered about that myself-- why people of mixed Horn African parentage always look like the other parent.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met a Somalian young woman who was half-Asian. She looked Somalian to me, i.e. beautiful...lol. She married an African-American Muslim dude, and their kids.....looked Somalian/A.A./Black to me.........
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I don't agree totally with Yonis statement, Horners are Africans and since most Africans are on the extreme of human physical feature variations. It's not surprising that a mix of a Somali and non African would look different from a Somali. Non African are usually intermediary in term of physical features. But again we have to be careful since some native horners have foreign admixture, especially among Eritreans, some don't even look like Africans...the same can be said about some Somali...however I did meet with mixed Somali who look Somali...that's why I don't totally agree with Yonis...
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Africa:
that's why I don't totally agree with Yonis...

I didn't make a statement for you to agree or disagree with, so what's there to disagree on?? I just posted all pics of what i found on the net of these mixes and asked a question, as always you never make sense.

And also what do you mean with some Eritreans and somalis "don't even look like Africans..." who defines what Africans look like? Is the person who closer resembles a bantu than lets say a berber look more african to you? How exactly do you measure if these Eritreans or Somalis look African or not?

AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
I'm aware of the diversity of Africans, most Berbers are heavily mixed themselves so it's not a good example to compare them to Somalis, Bantus can vary from elongated looking(like some kikuyu) to San like looking like southern African Bantus, so it's not a good example to compare them to Somalis either. But there are some technically 'pure' Somali and Eritrean who show some form of admixture due to the proximity of Yemen, there were contact with Yemen for centuries, maybe you think otherwise.
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
the thing is africa which somalis are mixed and which are not(we dont know).
Africa the thing is some somalis
(or some horners in genral) could look that they are mixed when in reality they are not.also u do realise that around 15% of somalis are not ethnic somalis, wright.anyway i know
that a lot of horners are mixed but i think it is at a very low level,so the foregn
blood in them does not show in thier look.

AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
I agree that most Horners are not mixed but it's ignorant or hypocritical to ignore the fact there were some interactions with Yemen for centuries...that might have affected the phenotypes of some Somali...but if you think otherwise, I'm open to any opinion...
maa'-kherew
Member # 13358

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maa'-kherew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet you they still look like a point in between the two parents. Unless you post the parents the claim is meaningless.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^The one thing I'll say in which this topic pertains to Egypt, is that it explains much about phenotype in Modern-day Egypt. And that 'looks' don't say much about ancestry or lineage.

In fact, I met another Egyptian girl the other day named Nada. She comes from Alexandria yet, she looks a lot like the Somali/Armenian girl.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephe Kurli
Member # 15971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephe Kurli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yehi
http://www.ellieshoess.com/
http://www.ellieshoess.com/birkenstock-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/allen-edmonds-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/minibel-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/adidas-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/ecco-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/michelle-k-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/converse-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/clarks-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/charles-david-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/paris-blues-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/born-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/rockport-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/puma-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/new-balance-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/petit-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/mephisto-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/lacoste-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/dekline-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/franco-sarto-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/dan-post-boots.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/skechers-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/stuart-weitzman-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/chinese-laundry-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/natural-sport-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/nickels-soft-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/naughty-monkey-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/on-your-feet-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/bcbg-max-azria-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/north-face-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/eastland-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/monsac-handbags.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/ocean-minded-sandals.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/taryn-rose-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/michael-kors-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/nurse-mates-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/lakai-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/laundry-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/olukai-sandals.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/laredo-boots.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/josef-seibel-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/tommy-hilfiger-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/la-sportiva-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/auditions-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/life-stride-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/easy-street-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/draven-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/nana-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/kamik-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/keds-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/macbeth-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/me-too-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/heelys-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/roxy-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/lb-evans-slippers.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/magdesians-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/rocky-boots.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/danner-boots.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/mezlan-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/osiris-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/oh-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/tony-lama-boots.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/crocs-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/rsvp-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/naot-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/element-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/propet-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/oilily-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/trotters-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/nicole-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/nina-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/nomad-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/rebels-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/chaco-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/dexter-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/oakley-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/brooks-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/oh-deer-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/joey-o-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/marc-ecko-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/simple-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/old-maui-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/gbx-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/lucchese-boots.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/gola-shoes.html
http://www.ellieshoess.com/nyla-shoes.html

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because the extremely ancient african horners are the proto-caucasoid,proto-semites they have the most "progressive" features in the world.The traits were not given to them by r1b cro mags from the caucaus.But rather the other way round.

--------------------
remember mankind that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Posts: 70 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL "proto-Caucasoid".

Neverminding the obvious sillyness of the term, It doesn't explain the fact that apparently people are who recent horn african/east asian admixed tend to display phenotypical affinity to the asian parent.

^ As he observed, this phenomenon occurs not only with european/horn african but also other non-african groups.

So Taiwanese are "caucasoid" too lol?

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^It seems he was just trying to say that 'caucasoids' and 'semites' both get their features from their ancestral East African population and not the other way around - which is correct.

The reason 'caucasoid features' don't mean jack when found throughout Africa is because people going all the way back to pre-Out of Africa and past have been claimed to have somehow had 'caucasian [really African] features' (see South African Hofmeyer skull among other examples throughout Africa).

Semitic is a LANGUAGE that originated in Africa. The Caucasus is a geographic region. Neither of those harbor 'HSS races'.

SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEEKING     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So genetically, Somalis do not possess recessive genes?
Posts: 391 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yonis sure does go out of his way to make a fool of himself.

--------------------

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I don't see how, considering what he says makes alot of sense-- I too have seen Horn African-mixed people and they always look like the non-African parent.

Again, this could explain how Egypt, and especially northern Egypt is so white-washed so to speak.

rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SEEKING:

There is no evidence that Somali genes are any more or less 'recessive' than anyone elses.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought
Member # 15848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 504 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
Originally posted by SEEKING:

There is no evidence that Somali genes are any more or less 'recessive' than anyone elses.
^ Or for that matter that there is any such thing as "somali genes".
Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a guy for fcks sake.

quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
^It seems he was just trying to say that 'caucasoids' and 'semites' both get their features from their ancestral East African population and not the other way around - which is correct.

The reason 'caucasoid features' don't mean jack when found throughout Africa is because people going all the way back to pre-Out of Africa and past have been claimed to have somehow had 'caucasian [really African] features' (see South African Hofmeyer skull among other examples throughout Africa).

Semitic is a LANGUAGE that originated in Africa. The Caucasus is a geographic region. Neither of those harbor 'HSS races'.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ethiopian/Taiwanese
 -

Somali/Indonesian
 -

Eritrean/Egyptian
 -

Somali/Finnish
 -

Dutch/Eritrean
 -

Somali/British
 -

Russian/Ethiopian
 -

(Girl)Filipino/Eritrean
 -

Why I don't believe any of those photos are people of mix East African background. You can fool the foolish.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ethiopian/Taiwanese
 -

Somali/Indonesian
 -

Eritrean/Egyptian
 -

For what it's worth a lot of Guyanese people look like these people.

What some people don't understand is there is a whole bunch of Black people who don't have the crunchy hair that a lot of West Africans (e.g. Nigerians) have. A Black man from Guyana could be darker than I am but would have that hair that a lot of Somalians and Ethiopians have.

Consequently when these "straight haired" Black people mix with whites/Asians their children don't look quite like a Nigerian/white mix but that doesn't mean they look any less African.

West Africans (or crunchy haired Africans) are not the only Africans.

My girlfriend has hair exactly like those in the pictures above, and her father is Blacker than the average Nigerian.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boofer
Member # 15638

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boofer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there are two big problems with the question:

1. Your own perception of Somali vs. "other" traits/phenotypes

2. The fact that you're assuming what the parents look like.

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com