EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: New Israeli Supermodel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: New Israeli Supermodel
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

^Yes, that's her. Her name is Esti Mamo an Ethiopian born Israeli citizen (Falasha).

I wonder...

Al Takruri and Yom, have you guys heard of her?? LOL Since one of you is Jewish and the other is Ethiopian, I just had to ask. [Big Grin]

Here is more from the article below:

http://www.atlantajewish.com/content/032006/estimamo.html

Hot Israeli supermodel -- the description conjures up certain images of tanned brunettes with chiseled features and a look that says, "I'm trained with heavy weapons; don't try anything."

Naomi Campbell or Tyra Banks, arguably the most famous of black supermodels, is not what you might picture. Nevertheless, Esti Mamo is the latest fashion-clad sabra to come out of the Holy Land, and she looks more Naomi than Upper West Side JAP. The 24-year-old is a member of Israeli's Falasha community of Ethiopian Jews.

Born in a mud hut in eastern Ethiopia, she ended up in a southern Israeli slum where other Falasha live in poverty. Faced with bleak economic prospects and the ever-present discrimination that comes with their skin color, the Falasha don't have it easy. Mamo herself lost a brother to suicide.

"I have applied for jobs," Mamo told a British newspaper early last year. "When the employer hears my voice over the phone, there is no problem. But when I turn up for the interview with my black skin, suddenly the job is no longer available."

Not that Mamo will be applying for low-income work any longer. Discovered at age 15, she resisted overtures from modeling agents until she finished school. Since then, however, she's turned up on the covers of Israeli magazines and jumped to the pages of high fashion pubs Elle and Vogue.

Having overcome poverty in Africa, racism in Israel, and her own mother's trepidation at the thought of her little girl photographed in bikinis, Mamo hopes her own groundbreaking success can open doors for others in her community. "I was the first black face to be regarded as acceptable on the front pages of Israeli magazines," recalls Mamo. She's more than welcome in the pages of ours.

[ 28. April 2007, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's OK that's all I can say..and she has the typical Ethiopian eyes...but she's OK...on that note beside racism, many Israeli I met are stunned by the beauty of Ethiopian girls who emigrated there...as I mentioned in other the threads European an North American have the same attitude, that's why there is a high proportion of East African girls in the fashion industry compare to other regions including Europe and Asia...
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard of her. She is more pleasing to the eye than most Israelis. Any Israeli that discriminates against her is blind!!!!! Somebody should tell her,however, that rogue on darker skinned females makes them look cheap.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever she faced, it's clear that eastern African girls are cutter than West Asian or European girls (including Israeli) as mentioned by a guy of South Korean and European American background way way back...
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful!
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's follow the ancient Falashas history, which is interesting:

Esti Mamo, nicknamed the Queen of Sheba by her agent.

"Sadly for Ethiopians living in Israel there is no shortage of tragedies."

Tracing their roots to Jewish tribes driven out of the Promised Land 2,000 years ago, the Falasha are offered a home by Israel, which was founded in 1948 as a sanctuary for all Jews.

But unlike any other Jewish community, they are subject to a quota imposed by the Israeli government of 600 immigrants a month.

Community leaders complain that Falashas suffer clear discrimination because of their skin colour. "It boils down to racism," said Adam Baruch, a Falasha activist. [Source]

Falasha History

Following Operation Solomon, small waves of Ethiopian immigrants called "Falasha Mura" continued to immigrate to Israel. According to the Ethiopian Jewish tradition, roughly 100 years ago, Christian missionaries began attempting to convert Ethiopian Jews. The majority spurned Christian advances and maintained their Jewish faith. Others did convert, whether from belief or from social and economic pressure. These last are the Falasha Mura.

Over the years, large groups of Falasha Mura came from the villages to compounds in Addis Ababa. Many of them had family already living in Israel who have been applying steady pressure upon the Israeli government to allow them to immigrate. In the mid-1990's, the Ministry of Absorption agreed to bring over those Falasha Mura with immediate family members in Israel. This was not under the "Law of Return" however, but under the "Law of Family Reunification." In 1997, the Netanyahu administration decided to stop immigration of Falasha Mura after a final group of 4,000 immigrants. [Source]

Beta Israel also known by the term Falashal

Beta Israel traditions claim that the Ethiopian Jews are descended from the lineage of Moses himself, some of whose children and relatives are said to have separated from the other Children of Israel after the Exodus and gone southwards, or, alternatively or together with this, that they are descended from the tribe of Dan, which fled southwards down the Arabian coastal lands from Judaea at the time of the breakup of the united Kingdom of Israel into two kingdoms in the 10th century B.C.E. (precipitated by the oppressive demands of Rehoboam, King Solomon's heir), or at the time of the destruction of the northern Kingdom of Israel in the 8th century. Certainly there was trade as early as the time of King Solomon down along the Red Sea to the Yemen and even as far as India, according to the Bible, and there would therefore have been Jewish settlements at various points along the trade routes. There is definite archaeological evidence of Jewish settlements and of their cultural influence on both sides of the Red Sea well at least 2,500 years ago, both along the Arabian coast and in the Yemen, on the eastern side, and along the southern Egyptian and Sudanese coastal regions.

It also appears that there was a significant movement of Jews into the Sudanese and Ethiopian-Somali coastal areas, and the Arabian and Yemeni coastal areas, following the Roman repression of the various messianic movements that culminated in the destruction of the Second Commonwealth of Judaea in the first century C.E. There is also evidence from the second century C.E. of Jewish flight southwards from the Fayyum of Egypt. Survivors fled up the Nile, perhaps to the general region of the Sudan.

Though the 13th century Kebra Nagast and some traditional Ethiopian histories have stated that Yodit (or "Gudit"), a 10th century usurping queen, was Jewish, it's unlikely that this was the case and it's more likely that she was a pagan southerner or a usurping Christian Aksumite Queen. [Source]

Study: Falasha's Not Genetically Jewish

Gerard Lucotte and Pierre Smets in Human Biology (vol 71, December 1999, pp. 989 – 993) studied the DNA of 38 unrelated Beta Israel males living in Israel and 104 Ethiopians living in regions located north of Addis Ababa and concluded that "the distinctiveness of the Y-chromosome haplotype distribution of Beta Israel Jews from conventional Jewish populations and their relatively greater similarity in haplotype profile to non-Jewish Ethiopians are consistent with the view that the Beta Israel people descended from ancient inhabitants of Ethiopia who converted to Judaism." [Source]

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is nothing genetic about Jewishness. To be a Jew, you only need observe Judaism. There are white Jews (Ashkenazi, even though those Jews seem to insist the most on their "Hebrew" blood), black Jews (Lemba), and Jews who have retained the Arabian phenotype and culture of the ancient Hebrews (Mizrahi). All this Zionist/Neo-Nazi babbling about a Jewish "race" is nothing more than racist nonsense.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've heard of her. Felasha (Falasha) is pejorative, though. It means "exiled" (approximately), and may derive from a declaration by Emperor Yishaq (r. 1414-29) in which he declared "He who is baptized in the Christian religion, may inherit the land of his father; otherwise let him be a Felasi," (although the first references to "Falasha" after this all date to the 1520s and 1530s by numerous sources all at once.

The Beta Israel are not Jewish ethnically because they don't have the J that Semitic speakers have and that would mark the genetic contributions from Ancient Jews. They actually are as ancient genetically as the Khoisan, with 41% haplotype A (the rest E3b, E3, E2, and B, mainly). Esti Mammo has a very distinct Amhara highlander look that couldn't be confused as being a member of another ethnicity in the horn. Big eyes are prized highly among Ethiopians in judging beauty, so she would probably be seen as very beautiful in Ethiopia as well. Personally, I think she's actually a little mediocre for Ethiopians girls, but it could just be my taste.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she looks pseudo east asian.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannosaurus:
quote:
There is nothing genetic about Jewishness. To be a Jew, you only need observe Judaism. There are white Jews (Ashkenazi, even though those Jews seem to insist the most on their "Hebrew" blood), black Jews (Lemba), and Jews who have retained the Arabian phenotype and culture of the ancient Hebrews (Mizrahi). All this Zionist/Neo-Nazi babbling about a Jewish "race" is nothing more than racist nonsense.
Exactly! Ashkenazi jews should be the last people to tell any one who's a real jew or not, considering their relative late conversion to the jewish religion.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
 -

^Yes, that's her. Her name is Esti Mamo an Ethiopian born Israeli citizen (Falasha).

I wonder...

Al Takruri and Yom, have you guys heard of her?? LOL Since one of you is Jewish and the other is Ethiopian, I just had to ask. [Big Grin]

Hot Israeli supermodel -- the description conjures up certain images of tanned brunettes with chiseled features and a look that says, "I'm trained with heavy weapons; don't try anything."

Naomi Campbell or Tyra Banks, arguably the most famous of black supermodels, is not what you might picture. Nevertheless, Esti Mamo is the latest fashion-clad sabra to come out of the Holy Land, and she looks more Naomi than Upper West Side JAP. The 24-year-old is a member of Israeli's Falasha community of Ethiopian Jews.

Born in a mud hut in eastern Ethiopia, she ended up in a southern Israeli slum where other Falasha live in poverty. Faced with bleak economic prospects and the ever-present discrimination that comes with their skin color, the Falasha don't have it easy. Mamo herself lost a brother to suicide.

"I have applied for jobs," Mamo told a British newspaper early last year. "When the employer hears my voice over the phone, there is no problem. But when I turn up for the interview with my black skin, suddenly the job is no longer available."

Not that Mamo will be applying for low-income work any longer. Discovered at age 15, she resisted overtures from modeling agents until she finished school. Since then, however, she's turned up on the covers of Israeli magazines and jumped to the pages of high fashion pubs Elle and Vogue.

Having overcome poverty in Africa, racism in Israel, and her own mother's trepidation at the thought of her little girl photographed in bikinis, Mamo hopes her own groundbreaking success can open doors for others in her community. "I was the first black face to be regarded as acceptable on the front pages of Israeli magazines," recalls Mamo. She's more than welcome in the pages of ours.

She looks Afro-American to me.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drop dead gorgeous, IMHO...
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
 -

I wonder...

I was thinking the same thing ...
Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does she look Afro-American to y'all?
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's the makeup? IMO, that picture makes her look like a melanated Korean. Here are some more pictures.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I appreciate the extra pictures, Yom, as well as the info.

I also find some of the comments pretty interesting regarding her 'looks'.

To Yonis, who says she looks "pseudo-Asian", do you say this because of her picture with the straight hair? You know, many Westerners have said the similar about Somalis and other East Africans being 'pseudo-European' due to their features.

To Yonis and Kaba, I totally agree she looks just like many African American girls I see all the time, yet one could say the converse-- that African Americans look East African or some look West African depending on the features.

I especially liked Myra's informative breakdown of 'Falasha'/Beta Israel history. And T-rex is correct that so-called "Jewry" or Jewishness is based mainly on religious belief and practices.

Overall, all I could say is that this woman like Tyra Banks in America and other black models is another example of a beautiful woman who faced adversity but triumphed and became successful. And that white Israelis do have a problem with racism which is especially shameful since they themselves have suffered a history of discrimination!

And although I think she is hot, I also have to agree with Africa I, that I've seen better. [Big Grin]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
 -

[Big Grin] Looks. (clyde&yoner)
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Why does she look Afro-American to y'all?

There is no set look for African Americans ... To be honest there is no African or woman of color that you can put online that wouldn't favor a group of African Americans some where in the Northern or Southern sphere of the Americas.
Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Israeli Model  -

African American Model
 -

They don't look alike obviously but they do share some characteristics. This is what I mean by "she looks AA to me as well". There is a very big difference in makeup jobs but I think you get the point.

The AA girl is from New Orleans, LA here in the United States ...

She looks like she's from that region of Africa ... This is not to say that West Africans don't carry the same look ... but this is to say that we have African Americans that look like this Israeli woman as well.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
The AA girl looks much better IMO, i don't find the beta israeli girl that attractive.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, ^what does 'IMO' mean?

I'm glad for her.

quote:
Whatever she faced, it's clear that eastern African girls are cutter than West Asian or European girls (including Israeli) as mentioned by a guy of South Korean and European American background way way back...
Interesting, I've been seeing this as well. Definitely a shift, or atleast different from what they would have you believe.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
East African girls have finer features compare to Arab looking European girls (the big European nose and jaws , and the big body), however East Asian girls can beat East African girls sometime...beside East African girls they are the best...
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^LOL I find Asian girls [whether South (Indian) or East and Southeast] to look more attractive than many European girls. I feel the same for black [African-American as well as African] girls.

By the way Whatbox, IMO means 'in my personal opinion' which is what many here seem to be expressing in terms of preference for women's looks. [Wink]

AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
quote:
I feel the same for black [African-American as well as African] girls.
I'm sorry Djehuti but AA girls fall in the same set as White American girls or European and Arab girls, they look like men...sorry if I offended anyone, even many Bantu girls from Africa look like men...Sorry if I offended anyone, but the only girls I feel comfortable with are girls from East Asia whether from the Philipines or China, they look like real girls from Africa...I'm personally from East Africa..
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do East Asians look like real girls from Africa? I'm an African American female and I damn sure as hell don't look manly. I have a cute shape on me.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AFRICA I:

I'm sorry Djehuti but AA girls fall in the same set as White American girls or European and Arab girls, they look like men...sorry if I offended anyone, even many Bantu girls from Africa look like men...Sorry if I offended anyone, but the only girls I feel comfortable with are girls from East Asia whether from the Philipines or China, they look like real girls from Africa...I'm personally from East Africa..

LMAO [Big Grin] What AA and Bantu girls have YOU been seeing?! From where?! [Eek!]
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
European, Arab women have that big nose I'm not comfortable with, I from Africa I expect to see a woman.. like this woman look like a transvestite from an African perspective look at the jaws and the nose. The African perspective is different from the European perspective or th American perspective, even some Eastern Indian girls have that boyish look:
 -

AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
However Eastern Asian girl from Philipines and other part of Asia are pretty much attractive...they are more feminine.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africa I, what are you talking about?! That white lady doesn't look masculine at all! I think you lost it or something.
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Here is another picture, I can come up with more:
 -

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
So Africa, a big nose to you is a masculine trait? Majority of Africans have big noses. So I guess black women with that trait naturally look like men. I suppose nappy hair and big lips are masculine traits, too.
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Masculine traits are define by the overall look, if the overall look makes you look masculine then you look masculine, whether you have small or big nose, so you comment about African woman is also absurd since African are the most physically diverse on earth...you will find any kind of features you find around the world.
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm sorry Djehuti but AA girls fall in the same set as White American girls or European and Arab girls, they look like men...
Interesting opinion!

I'm curious as to why you didn't post pictures of AA women who look like men to you ...

I will post a few and I would like to know what makes these women look like men:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Here is an Ethiopian Model
Liya Kebede
 -
 -
What makes her less manly if you will, than these African American women above? Please note: this is not a charge at Ethiopian woman ... this is simple to understand why AA women look manly and not women who maybe from his area ...

Now I can agree with you on that picture of the Arab girl ... believe me their are cross dressing homosexuals who have the ability to look just like that woman ... so it can go both ways for her ... but why do you compare AA women to these other women?

European woman look nothing like AA's ... There are some dark-skinned Arab women that look like AA's (vise versa as well), just like there are East African, West, North and South women that look like AA's ... There are AA's who look like they are from India, Malay, Korea, Japanese and so forth ...

I think that your opinion is ... well lets just say its funny ... AA women look like the women of the world ... From extremely light to jet black ... from broad nose to thin nose, slanted eyes to almond eyes ... from natural red hair to jet black hair ... from curly woolly hair to straight natural hair ... from the flat butt syndrome to the big butts ... From skinny to fat and from tall to small ... You name it AA women got it.

quote:
African woman is also absurd since African are the most physically diverse on earth...
Also help me to understand this statement ... there is no competition but diverse is a word you used in reference to African women ... Why do you neglect to use this same logic with [ AFRICAN]American women?

Waiting for your response ...

Peace!~

AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
I'm talking about phenotypical diversity, it's wider among Africans than among non Africans...it's based on science not on pics...
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm talking about phenotypical diversity, it's wider among Africans than among non Africans...it's based on science not on pics...

I understand to a certain degree but please address my first inquiry. What was it about the pictures posted above that shows male characteristics ... Those women above are African American ... I was personally looking for every day AA females but these women will due being that I see these type of women every day as well. I think most AA women are extremely beautiful but if you've never been here then your assessment will be off.

So then please review the pictures and tell me what makes them manly physically ...

Now to respond to your post ...

Why are you excluding AA's out of your equation? Aren't AA's descendant of Africans? Don't Most AA's have L1, L2, L3e mtDNA patterns (Science)?

Doesn't this make us Africans living outside of Africa with American citizenship? 78.1 percent of AA's have *MAJORITY* African DNA, while the lesser percent is less African ancestry ... these test need to test at least 50 thousand people before claiming they've struck gold.

So now what are you saying?

AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Since African are diverse certain physical characteristics will be more pronounced that in non African, so depending where you come from in Africa, you would find some women more manly, it's just about perspective...by the way this is my last post because what I'm saying can be subjective, especially in the subject about femininity. Perception is very fluid in life.
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
added changes to above post ...

Secondly, this is a serious question that I poses to anyone who is willing to answer it.

We call ourselves African American but is this a term that should be removed because we geographically don't live in Africa?

Africa = a geographic location, a continent ... Many AA's have never been to this geographical location.

African does not equal Africa ... If that is correct then those Europeans who have colonized several parts of Africa would be Africans. What that basically mean is that second on down ... generations of Europeans are no longer Europeans but Africans. Yet I've noticed that most Black African call white people, Europeans living in Africa. Very interesting concept here.

What makes an African, African?

Example: When I hear Europeans calling themselves African Americans I am offended because I know what they did to get on that land ... Is it ok to kill and steal a land from people and then call yourselves that e.g. Africans? He has the right to steal land and assume the identity of Africans but those who are genetically related to Africans should re frame from calling themselves Africans because they do not exist geographically in Africa?

So then lets make sure that I'm asking this question/statement correctly.

I can steal Europe and call myself a European.
I steal Europeans and remove them from their land and call them ....ummm let make up a name "Donkey's" ...

When did that European I removed from his land stop being a European? When did I become a European after stealing and killing for his land?

I get the sense that some believe Europeans living in Africa are more African then those removed from Africa and their genetically related people.

I'm just curious as to what some think is fair for those who call themselves AA's to call themselves.

Should we be called Afro Americans which associate us with a hair-style? Or what about Black Americans ... despite the fact that we are genetically related to Africans and historically from Africa. A black American would include Dravidian's, aboriginals, Melanesians and so forth but they are not from Africa ... They are black people from other nations.

They never denounce the continent from which they are from so they have the right to call themselves black American or Indian Americans, Melanesian Americans, Aborigine Americans and so forth but those who were stripped from there land Africa has no right to call themselves African Americans ... These other people have no right calling themselves African Americans because they are not originally from Africa but other parts of the world. African American on the other hand are originally from Africa ...****DIRECTLY**** and they have to fight in order to claim a part of their heritage because other AFRICANS refuse to identify them as Africans ...

humm...

I've noticed that AFRICA 1 has successfully evaded my question about 'NON AFRICANS'. The part that interest me the most about this is that he/she is talking about African Americans and not Europeans ....

Opinions???

Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Khepra:

Secondly, this is a serious question that I poses to anyone who is willing to answer it.

We call ourselves African American but is this a term that should be removed because we geographically don't live in Africa?

Africa = a geographic location, a continent ... Many AA's have never been to this geographical location.

African does not equal Africa ... If that is correct then those Europeans who have colonized several parts of Africa would be Africans. What that basically mean is that second on down ... generations of Europeans are no longer Europeans but Africans. Yet I've noticed that most Black African call white people, Europeans living in Africa. Very interesting concept here.

Example: When I hear Europeans calling themselves African Americans I am offended because I know what they did to get on that land ... Is it ok to kill and steal a land from people and then call yourselves that e.g. Africans? He has the right to steal land and assume the identity of Africans but those who are genetically related to Africans should re frame from calling themselves Africans because they do not exist geographically in Africa?

I steal Europeans and remove them from their land and call them ....ummm let make up a name "Donkey's" ...

When did that European I removed from his land stop being a European? When did I become a European after stealing and killing for his land?

I get the sense that some believe Europeans living in Africa are more African then those removed from Africa and their genetically related people.

I'm just curious as to what some think is fair for those who call themselves AA's to call themselves.

Should we be called Afro Americans which associate us with a hair-style? Or what about Black Americans ... despite the fact that we are genetically related to Africans and historically from Africa. A black American would include Dravidian's, aboriginals, Melanesians and so forth but they are not from Africa ... They are black people from other nations.

They never denounce the continent from which they are from so they have the right to call themselves black American or Indian Americans, Melanesian Americans, Aborigine Americans and so forth but those who were stripped from there land Africa has no right to call themselves African Americans ... These other people have no right calling themselves African Americans because they are not originally from Africa but other parts of the world. African American on the other hand are originally from Africa ...****DIRECTLY**** and they have to fight in order to claim a part of their heritage because other AFRICANS refuse to identify them as Africans ...

humm...

I've noticed that AFRICA 1 has successfully evaded my question about 'NON AFRICANS'. The part that interest me the most about this is that he/she is talking about African Americans and not Europeans ....

Opinions???

Why are you taking this clown so seriously.

I am from East Africa or precisely the Horn, and I think African American women are very attractive.

The guy your replying to considers most of the worlds female population to look manly, excluding East Africans and East asians so he says. Maybe the more East you go in every continent the more attractive people become to him. Warning to all females, move to the western regions of continents!!

Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Prince_of_punt:
quote:

humm...

Opinions???

I am from East Africa or precisely the Horn, and I think African American women are very attractive.

The guy your replying to considers most of the worlds female population to look manly, excluding East Africans and East asians so he says. Maybe the more East you go in every continent the more attractive people become to him. Warning to all females, move to the western regions of continents!!

lol ... that's funny ...

Now the other question was more of an assessment as to what Continental African think ...

I'm really not worried about what AFRICA 1 was saying ... He made it very clear that it was his opinion about what women look like ... I was simply offered him a wider perspective ... These African American women do not look like men.

The other question is exactly that ... question/statement ...

Just curious to see what our fellow Africans would say ...

Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Prince_of_punt:
quote:

humm...

Opinions???

lol ... that's funny ...

Now the other question was more of an assessment as to what Continental African think ...

I'm really not worried about what AFRICA 1 was saying ... He made it very clear that it was his opinion about what women look like ... I was simply offered him a wider perspective ... These African American women do not look like men.

The other question is exactly that ... question/statement ...

Just curious to see what our fellow Africans would say ...

Anyone with eyes can see that African women in general are beautiful chocolate honeys. Im not excluding African Americans as they are obviously Africans outside of the continent.

The views held by this member I can assure you are strange by anyones standard.

Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com