EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » more south arabian types (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: more south arabian types
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more pics on how
south arabians distinguish by phenotype

mixed dravidian/aryan w/more closer dravidian look
 -

horner type what they call kushen or kush found near the ocean areas and hadrumaut
 -
 -

the northern type
 -
 -

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really understand the purpose of your post...what are you trying to convey?
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More south arabian types:

Vedoidd influenced, looks like they could fit well in India.
 -

-

-

-

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yemeni with more traditional clothes, probably how the Sabaeans looked.

-

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Women with more south arabian traditional look (not saudi or northern arabia influenced)

-

-

-

-

-
 -

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abdul, your typical northern Arabs are much darker than those little girls on the magazines. Arab media only shows the lightest celebrities in movies or magazines. Lots of northern Arabic groups like Iraqis are a mixture of northern and southern Arabians. Many bedouins originate in Yemen.

Both the Lakhmids and Ghassanids were southern Arabian I believe. Both were kingdoms that ruled Iraq and Syria respectively.

Levantine Arabs have layers of southern Arabian and European ancestry. The same goes for Syrians,Palestineans,Jordanians and others. Although in the case of the Palestineans they might have southern European or African influence. Whatever ethnic group existed prior to Arab immigration also might be apart of the mixture.

Don't sterotype Yemenis either because you will find pale ones amongst them as well as combinations of dark and pale people in the same family. In places like Tihama you find African looking people with a very ancient African culture.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
ausar:
Many bedouins originate in Yemen.

Are you sure about this? Since almost all bedouins are nomads and Yemenis have always been a sedentary people. The bedouins were saudis and other gulf arabs, nomadic lifestyle is characteristics among these people unlike the Yemenites.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,some bedouins around the Sinai and other regions claim Yemeni origin. Its possible that when the dam in southern Arabia broke many resorted to nomadic lifestyle. Check the origin of the ghassanids and Lkhmids in Syria and Iraq most claim Yemen as their homeland. Try to find a book entitled The Sons of Ishmael by GW Murray. The book is a little heavy on Victorian prejustice but it does reaccount both Arabized and non-Arabized bedouins living in Egypt,parts of the Levant and other regions.

Of course the orginal Qahtan Arabs were sedentary unlike the Bedouins.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Yonis is a self hating Somalian Muslim he would give his left testicle to look like and be an Arab. Hence his motivation(brain-washing).
Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im going to go with yonis on this one
you are exactly correct yonis far as how s arabians especially see themselves.
africa
quote:
I don't really understand the purpose of your post...what are you trying to convey?
africa, the purpose was actually was a continuation of kmt for newbies when people were confusing how aome arabs, who have a non-mainstream view, view themselves. the other point was to demonstrate the various phentotype distro in the peninsula especially near coastal region that form entry/exit ways to different nations.
ausar
quote:
Abdul, your typical northern Arabs are much darker than those little girls on the magazines. Arab media only shows the lightest celebrities in movies or magazines. Lots of northern Arabic groups like Iraqis are a mixture of northern and southern Arabians. Many bedouins originate in Yemen
i agree 100 percent and those girls are not even arabs which is funny but the issue is that these old world regions were and are still traffic ways of humans with present day different phentotypes, and not just the homogenous look which i just find interesting. the major and initial point of the post was to prove that the areas closest to africa had at one particular point in time the color distinction of reds and blacks and that this was not just found on the african continent.

those pics are good yonis. alot of those girls look like some of teh mauretaninan girls and actually look like alot of sahrawis i met in s. morocco.

quote:
Both the Lakhmids and Ghassanids were southern Arabian I believe. Both were kingdoms that ruled Iraq and Syria respectively.
yes and no
lahkmids and ghassanids actually had northern and southern pop. distribution
they never ruled these areas. they ruled areas adjacent to these particular areas and were operating as vassals to the existing empires running simultaneously. this is why the ghassanids were christian and the lakhmids more closer to the persian influences.

so please everybody to make myself more clear.
the objective was not to stereotype but to merely convey that the looks of s. arabians come as such and that just like africans the arabians at one point distinguished people by the color coding of blacks and reds. that is it thank you

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am assuming that the purpose of this thread is to show the diversity of South Arabians alone, let alone Arabs in general.

And it is correct that many South Arabs look no different from Indians (light-skinned and dark-skinned types) as well as the African influenced populations.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Vida, please don't start name calling. You already been warned many times of this. If you disagree with a thread just refute it without insulting people.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I think Vida is one of those who equates (confuses) Muslims with Arabized people.
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida *sigh*:
Remember Yonis is a self hating Somalian Muslim he would give his left testicle to look like and be an Arab. Hence his motivation(brain-washing).

Stupid hoe, do you even know me? Who the hell are you to tell me what i think of myself? You think i need to learn anything of myself (or how i think of myself) from a lowlife potential prostitute like you??

This woman is really starting to get on my nerves even though i tried to show some restraint before.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Yonis, the girl is just ignorant. Her rants remind me of Lion! who thought any African who is is Muslim must be Arabized.

-

And is it me, or does the boy above remind me of Indian actress and female icon Aishwarya Rai.

-

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching the R Kelly video 'I'm a Flirt" and there is a very beautiful girl that appears through out the video but she is last female to the right of the screen. She has reddish! hair and great legs. Her face resembls the above woman!
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida *sigh*:

Stupid hoe, do you even know me? Who the hell are you to tell me what i think of myself? You think i need to learn anything of myself (or how i think of myself) from a lowlife potential prostitute like you??

This woman is really starting to get on my nerves even though i tried to show some restraint before.

I have told you guys before. This person is a European, here on this site to stir up trouble.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Djehuti, please refrain from mentioning posters that have been banned. Really there is no need for this and it just antagonizes these posters to return. You have been warned of this many times and I ask you to please stop.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

The photos above - not posted by me - are obviously Iranic-Ethiopic mixtures and NOT representative of ancient Sabaeans-Himyarites who were the people which were first called Adites and "Ethiopians" in Arabia and Africa.

The Sabaeans that colonized Meroe (Marwa) and the Blue Nile (Astaboras) were probably the Ethiopians that Herodotus called the tallest and blackest of men.

The sword dance of the Sabaean women mentioned by the Greeks is probably still practiced by the Afar women below who still occupy the Horn and the Yemen.

-
In Djibouti in the Horn of Africa (Gabidae are mentioned in ancient writings) on the Sabaeans

http://www.queen-of-sheba-university.org/

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
The photos above - not posted by me - are obviously Iranic-Ethiopic mixtures and NOT representative of ancient Sabaeans-Himyarites who were the people which were first called Adites and "Ethiopians" in Arabia and Africa.

Yes I thought the same thing too. They wouldn't be representative of the ancient populations in that region.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
yeah i agree i gotta do a malcolm on this and say this was in my early days. kool beans dana. I was looking at the pics b-4 i even saw your commenst and thought man these people look like al-fars 4 real. then i remembered what muammar ghdaafi said at an arab summit " most of the people in the peninsula are of iranian descent there are a few arabs ,but most are iranian."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k3ZLken_xk&feature=related he says it at 5:17

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AswaniAswad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many Liybans of Yemeni Origin one of my best friends is a Libyan of Yemeni Origin.

Ghdaafi is a flip flop guy all arabs know that those in the gulf are Iranians. There is a little community of Non Yemeni Iranians who live in Yemen they speak farsi and keep to themselves.

Northern Yemen was the first to become Muslim and follow the prophet. Northern Yemen is also the biggest mixture with Turks.

Posts: 410 | From: Al-Ard | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Minor
Member # 17443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leo Minor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These South Arabian dudes look like the brown skinned Bronze-Age Semites write of the paintings of ancient Egypt.

-
 -
 -
 -

Comparing ancient Assyrian reliefs of Arab with ancient Egyptians on Semites.
 -
 -

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferet
Member # 17109

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the signifigance of the thumb joint in the photo that says "also notice the thumb joint?"

My thumb joint is exactly like this.

quote:
quote:

-

The Sabaeans that colonized Meroe (Marwa) and the Blue Nile (Astaboras) were probably the Ethiopians that Herodotus called the tallest and blackest of men.

The sword dance of the Sabaean women mentioned by the Greeks is probably still practiced by the Afar women below who still occupy the Horn and the Yemen.

-
In Djibouti in the Horn of Africa (Gabidae are mentioned in ancient writings) on the Sabaeans

http://www.queen-of-sheba-university.org/

Posts: 369 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AswaniAswad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the Old Saying Goes As Divided as the Sabeans
Bab Al Mandeeb The Gate of Tears

Posts: 410 | From: Al-Ard | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abdulkarem3:
yeah i agree i gotta do a malcolm on this and say this was in my early days. kool beans dana. I was looking at the pics b-4 i even saw your commenst and thought man these people look like al-fars 4 real. then i remembered what muammar ghdaafi said at an arab summit " most of the people in the peninsula are of iranian descent there are a few arabs ,but most are iranian."

Well that is not surprising what you say Qaddafi knows. He seems to be more up on early Arab heritage than other so-called Arabs. Even knew about some Arabs coming to America.
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Minor:
These South Arabian dudes look like the brown skinned Bronze-Age Semites write of the paintings of ancient Egypt.

-
 -
 -
 -

-
 -

The majority of photographs in your post look like Syrians. "White Syrians" are different than the "black Syrians" or Canaaniyya?Phoenicians/Keftiu etc. who originated in Arabia and were the original Semitic speakers and Arab culture. Early Syrians spoke semitic Hurrian and other dialects for the most part adopted by earlier Afro-Asiatic, i.e. Ethiopic populations.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:

-
 -
 -
 -

-
 -

The majority of photographs in your post look like Syrians. Early semitic speakers were represented by more than one physical type. "White Syrians" are Eurasian different than the "black Syrians" or Canaaniyya/Phoenicians/Keftiu/Philistiu etc. who originated in Arabia and were the original Semitic speakers who were associated with Israelite and Arab culture. Early Syrians spoke semitic, Hurrian and other dialects some of which were for the most part adopted from earlier Afro-Asiatic, i.e. Ethiopic populations.

These same "white Syrian" related populations have since moved with their genes and culture southward into the Iranian and Arabian peninsula. There are similarly other bearded people portrayed with truly brown skins in King Tuts tomb and in other paintings. Some of those paintings of brown bearded men the people are called Fenkhu that is Phoenicians.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Such people in the above photos would have been called "red" by ancient Arabs.

Furthermore, if those men are brown what is this woman below in Yemen supposed to be.

-

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by AswaniAswad:
There are many Liybans of Yemeni Origin one of my best friends is a Libyan of Yemeni Origin.

Ghdaafi is a flip flop guy all arabs know that those in the gulf are Iranians. There is a little community of Non Yemeni Iranians who live in Yemen they speak farsi and keep to themselves.

Northern Yemen was the first to become Muslim and follow the prophet. Northern Yemen is also the biggest mixture with Turks.

I am sure Iranians have been infiltrating the Arabian peninsula for thousands of years at least since the Parthian era. Round headed people are found along the coasts in the early Christian era that were probably Iranian merchants.
The crania and skeletal evidence of early Arabian peninsula show that they were predominantly people of African affiliation.

AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
I agree totally dana there are many sirnames Al-Faris meaning Faris=Knight and Farsi=Iranian Persian language. U will find this sirname all over the arab world and it has even entered spain and mexics as Alvarez=Al-faris.
Leo Minor
Member # 17443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leo Minor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Arabian” Arabic and old South Arabian are not partially that old Semitic languages in comparison to Akkadian and Eblaite 2800 BCE.

Arabic= 9th c. BC
Sabaeans of Yemen — 9th to 1st c. BC
Aksumites — 4th c. BC to 7th c.AD

Ebla located in north Syria houses one of the oldest Semitic languages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eblaites

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/276/1668/2703.abstract

From the most recent paper on the origin of Semitic.
Furthermore, Eblaite (no Eblaite wordlists were available for our study), the closest relative of Akkadian and the only other member of East Semitic, was spoken in the Levant (specifically the northeast Levant or present-day Syria; Gordon 1997), which is also where some of the oldest West Semitic languages were spoken (Ugaritic, Aramaic and ancient Hebrew). The presence of ancient members of the two oldest Semitic groups (East andWest Semitic) in the same region of the Levant, combined with a possible long interval (100–3000 years) between the origin of Semitic and the appearance of Akkadian in Sumer, suggests a Semitic origin in the northeast Levant and a later movement of Akkadian eastward into Mesopotamia and Sumer (see figure 1 for a map of our proposed Semitic dispersals).

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by abdulkarem3:

Well that is not surprising what you say Qaddafi knows. He seems to be more up on early Arab heritage than other so-called Arabs. Even knew about some Arabs coming to America.
Most Arabs are Arabs in name only. The reality is that there is no single true "Arab" identity and most of that is only superficial through language and culture. The Arab world is fractured along kinship and clan ties and is not unified and has never been, since the beginning of Islam when various non Arab groups became part of Islam and became part of the "Arab" identity. The Europeans during the Crusades and Islamic period in Spain learned very well that the house of Islam was a house divided and therefore has and continues to use this to their advantage. This is a major reason why the end of the Ottoman Empire was an important event signaling the creation of the "Middle East" as a European geopolitical concept. It meant Europeans could fracture the "Arab world" and manipulate it to the advantage of "the West" without worrying about a strong unified power like the Ottomans.
Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
 -
Tigre woman of the Horn

-
Typical beauty or woman of a Tigre or Tigrinya type

-
Tigrai woman

-
Typical Tigre or Tigrinya man

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Before there was an Arab nationality there were the true Arabs. Syrians and Iranian eyewitnesses speak of and were very clear about what the Arabs looked like. Fair skin was "rare" among them and the Arabs called themselves "the blacks".

Today Syrians and Iranian and their descendants who've mixed with Arabians in the peninsula are called Arabs.

Doug - you posted this photograph of a typical North and Central Arabian man from a pure and famous Arab tribe up until the 16th to 18th centuries. I thank you.

-
Hawazin man with son

Related people were the Sulaym and their dozens of tribes Qays ibn Ailan, the Hawazin clans of Banu Rabiah, Kaab or Chub, Uqayl, Khafaja each described as tall and "muscular" and near black in color by colonialists and hundreds of their sub-clans occupied much of Central and North Arabia.

-

Woman of the Tarapin clan of the Rabiya

For more info on the Hawazin and Rabiah Kaab peoples go to

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/fear-of-blackness-part-ii-dana-marniche/

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/when-arabia-was-eastern-ethiopia-by-dana-marniche/

There is not a tribe of "Arabs" now fair that was not at one time described as black. And that goes for the tribes that entered Syria, Iraq and North Africa and the Iberian peninsula.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:

I said ...Phoenicians/Keftiu etc. who originated in Arabia and were the original Semitic speakers and Arab culture. Early Syrians spoke semitic Hurrian and other dialects for the most part adopted by earlier Afro-Asiatic, i.e. Ethiopic populations.

I made a big mistake here I meant adopted FROM earlier Afro-Asiatic populations not "adopted by Afro-Asiatic populations". Someone should have corrected me.

Most "Semitic" dialects are found in Ethiopia/Eritrea. This is because it was among Ethiopians that the Afro-Asiatic dialects originated.

They and the Cushitic speakers to whom they are closely related are also the only people preserving the true early semitic culture of the Old Testament such as sacrificing goats on mountaintops, reading future from animal intestines (as the Amurru did), etc.

Due to the original land of Israel and the Canaani being in southern Arabia among the ancestors in Ethiopian royal genealogy are Cepheus, Dagon a deity known to the Philistines and Amorites (Amurat or Murad), Bursa (Birsha) and other kings of Canaan and the Amorites (Amurru). It is not impossible that their king Itopis is the same person as "Adapa" of early Babylonia considering the latter has said to mean man of 'Ad.

Leo Minor
Member # 17443

Rate Member
lol
Race comparison
 -

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You're right minor, some just don't belong!
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___BLACK______________________WHITE____________________ARAB
 -

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
There is no Arab tribe today who were not originally described as black. This includes especially the the Azd "jet black and "akhdar", Baliy black Baliyun of Idrisi, Dossariyah Dawasir "tallest and blackest of the Arabs, Rabi'ah (Ka'b Muntafiq, Uqayl) "near black" complexion like Galla of Ethiopia, As'ad, Qays Ailan (Abs, Zubyan, Sulaym - black like lava, Hawazin)" , Shammar (from the Tayyi brother of Madhij in Yemen), Anaezah names now known by people Syrian/Iraqi and fair skinned people in the gulf.

-
Shammar Arab of Central Arabia whose ancestors came originally from Yemen and settled Central Arabia and moved into Syria

-
Other Shammar Arabs of the Nafud desert well known to have come from further north are the result of mixture with "white Syrians" i.e. "red" men like the Anayza and Ruwallah. The idea of the original Shammar from the Tayyi, Anayzah (from the Madhij "brother of Tayyi) once being fair-skinned was once considered "inconceivable" by their own black ancestors

The Arabs of the time of Muhammed and "the Arabs" of today are TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

All original Arab tribes or the original Arabians are described by the Chinese, Iranians, Syrians and Iraqis as "near black" to black in color while those few that were fair in complexion who had mixed with servile people were said to have been "looking like slaves". That is leaving out the later European descriptions.

The Yemen was the area of a battles between Iranians (Ebna) "the red" and Arabs i.e. the blacks. The descendants of both of these people are modern Yemenites.

“The Arabs used to take pride in their darkness and blackness and they had a distaste for a light complexion and they used to say that a light complexion was the complexion of the non-Arabs”. Al Mubarrad 9th century

-

Sharqiyah man - The word Saracen is thought to be related to the name of his tribe

Who were the Saracens according to Romans who called them maddenoi, Palmyrenoi, Scenitae (the black Banu Haskun Kindites), Homeritae, (Himyarites) Maddenioi (the Ma'adi north of the Homeritae, etc. - "At this time also the Saracens, a race whom it is never desirable to have either for friends or enemies, ranging up and down the country, if ever they found anything, plundered it in a moment, like rapacious hawks ... Among these tribes, whose primary origin is derived from the cataracts of the Nile and the borders of the Blemmyae, all the men are warriors of equal rank; half naked, clad in colored cloaks down to the waist, overrunning different countries, with the aid of swift and active horses and speedy camels, alike in times of peace and war."

-
Hawazin man Baghid - the Hawazin ibn Mansur of the Qays ibn Ailan and Sulaym ibn Mansur are the typical or North Arabian tribes ("the Kushi of the tents of Kedar").

Other tribes of the Hawazin are described as tall near black and muscular in the Shott al Arab and Iran (Khuzestan) the complexion of Galla Ethiopians by Rawlinson. The Beni Amer Branch of the Rabiah were Qays tribes who had settled in Mesopotamia after the 8th century. The "tall" and "muscular" "near black" plaited haired Ka'b or Chab, al Muntafiq and Uqayl were their remnants.

Earlier tribes that had settled in Iraq and Syria were from the jet black Azd, Madhij and Kudha'a from the Yemen. These however had come to mix with the people there.

“A FAIR SKINNED ARAB IS SOMETHING INCONCEIVABLE OR UNTHINKABLE” - from Al Iqd Al Farid by Ibn Rabihu of Cordoba 11th on the statement of the Shuraiq al Qadi 7th c. a Madhij man (from the clan of Kahlan "brother of Himyar")

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dana marniche:
[QB]  -
Tigre woman of the Horn

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/fear-of-blackness-descriptions-and-ethnogenesis-of-the-original-afro-arabian-tribes-of-%E2%80%9Cmooris h%E2%80%9D-spain-by-dana-marniche/

-
Typical beauty or woman of a Tigre or Tigrinya type

-
Tigrai woman

“a fair skinned Arab is something inconceivable or unthinkable.” Al Iqd Al Farid by Ibn Rabihu on the statement of the Shuraiq al Qadi Madhij Arabian (clan of Kahlan "brother of Himyar")

-
Typical ancient Himyarite chief - Typical Tigre or Tigrinya or Eritrean man.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
 -
Syrian bedouin or Arabs of "white Syrian" biological descent.

The early Arabs used the term "red" to describe the fair complexion of "non-Arabs" and their Arabized descendants. The phrase "red like a slave" is found in early Arab literature. This was of course before the Turks began bringing large numbers of sub-Saharan Africans into the Near East and North Africa.

Hence a 14th century Syrian said- “Red, in the speech of the people from the Hijaz, means fair-complexioned AND THIS COLOR IS RARE AMONGST THE ARABS. This is the meaning of the saying, ‘…a red man as if he is one of the slaves’. THE SPEAKER MEANT THAT HIS COLOR IS LIKE THAT OF THE SLAVES WHO WERE CAPTURED FROM THE CHRISTIANS OF SYRIA, Rome and Persia.” From Al Dhahabi of Damascus Syria, in Seyar ‘Alam al-Nubala’a, (Biography of Eminent Nobles) cited on p. 55, The Unknown Arabs, 2002, by Tariq Berry.

(The term "white Syrian" was used by Greeks and they were distinguished from people like the "Phoenicians" "Solymi" and Amalekites or Canaanite settlers from the Southern Hijaz and Yemenite area - known as "black Syrians".)

Leo Minor
Member # 17443

Rate Member
 -
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leo Minor:
[qb]
Thank you for posting the people who were named Saba and Qahtan and Himyar that sculpted these figurines. Their least modified remnants live in the Dawasir, Jizan and Tihamah, Wadi Beish and the country of the Jizzan and Mahra and Shahra.

Sa'id of Andalusia of the 11th century spoke about the Himyar and Kahlan great grandchildren of Saba descendants of Qahtan -

“Yemen was the home of the Qahtans and their place of glory from the time of Ya’rib ibn Qahtan until the destruction of Ma’rib and its surroundings during the reign of Shumar Yar’ish [also known as Tubba the Great], one of the kings of Himyar. This corresponds to the time of David – peace be upon him – one of the kings of Banu Israel, and to the time of Kykhsrru the Third, of the third dynasty of the kings of Persia; this was some 2,060 solar years after the Flood.
Khuza’ah went into Makkah {Mecca] in the land of Tahamah. Wadi’ah, Yahmad, Khuzam, Jadyl, Malik, al-Haryth, and al-Atyk went into Amman and became known as the Azd of Amman. Masihah, Myda’an, Lahab, Amir, Yashkur, Bariq, Ali ibn Uthman, Shamran, al-Hujr ibn al Hind, and Daws went into al-Surat, which is a chain of mountains that cuts through the length of the peninsula from Yemen to the borders of al-Sham. Malik iby Uthman ibn Daws went into Iraq. Jafnah and Banu Muharriq ibn Amru ibn Amir and Quda’ah went into Al Sham.” From Science in the Medieval World Alok Kumar, Sema’an Salem.”

The Banu Shamran are in this video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1Ze6Pv4hE&feature=related

Like the Shamran most of the descendants of Saba and Qahtan are alive and well in their black skins.

The Jadyl now Jadhalin, Daws, Bariq, Ishkarah or Yashkur are modern clans of the Dawasir a branch of the Azd described as Shadeed al Udmah or jet black in color and akhdar (black) throughout Islamic history. They are called by colonialists as late as the 1800s century "the tallest and blackest" of the Arabs. (google books - Travels in Arabia by John Lewis Burkhardt).

The genealogy of el Harith also mentioned Harith son of (bin) Kab son of Abdella son of Malik son of Nasr El Azd son of el Ghawth son of Nabat son of Malik son of Zaid son of Kahlan son of Saba.

The al Atyk belonged to the Sulaym described as black as lava by Al Jahiz.

Al- Dawasir branched off from the Khaza'a and Ghassan or Banu Jafnah over 3000 years ago in Yemen and moved to the region around southern Tihamah and then Mecca and Medina in the time of Bariq el Azdi and Muzaykiyya (Moses).

-
Shahra with Kathir (Keturah) children from the Quda'a branch of the Himyar son of Saba son of Ya'rub son of Yashjub, son of Qahtan.

Shahra, Bahra, Mahra are mentioned in the Arab inscriptions as Quda'ah of Himyar. The Dawasir come from Azd of Ma'rib like Khazaah and Aus and Khazraj are all described as tall, black and huge and come from Kahlan "brother of Himyar".

Video of the Tahamah people here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztL1o9KXRs

Leo Minor
Member # 17443

Rate Member
Sargon of Akkad
2270 to 2215 BC
 -

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ And? What does that have to do with Arabia, specifically southern Arabia?
Leo Minor
Member # 17443

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Sargon of Akkad was one the first historic recorded Semites of History...
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ That still does not change the fact that 'Semitic' is a language and perhaps culture NOT a phenotype. The Semitic language is a branch of the Afrasian phylum which originated in Africa as all its other branches are found therein. Do you deny that there are black Semites?

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Sargon of Akkad was one the first historic recorded Semites of History...
... and thus one of the first Afro-Arab men recorded. The name Akkad is supposed to children or stock of Ad. Akkad is a name brought by the Afro-Asiatics to Mesopotamia. The Phoenicians named their towns Cadiz. Notice how even the Tuareg still call their towns Agades while the Cydmusii LibyoBerbers were the founders of Ghadames. Specialists in the semitic dialects should be able to tell us what the root stems from since early Akkadian was first translated by knowledge of Cushitic dialects. [Razz]
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
[qb] Sargon of Akkad
2270 to 2215 BC
[IMG]ht

This sculpture of Sargon has been put up by Mike111 and others to prove the Akkad people were in fact Africans. Wearing a beard didn't make one necessarily Eurasiatic in the ancient world. Eurasiatics in the area of the period in fact had very prominent noses - Not Afro-Mediterranean or African-Asiatic ones. [Razz]
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man people I just don't see where Sargon looks African. He looks like any ordinary Asiatic man.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com