EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: K HAPLOTYPE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: K HAPLOTYPE
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did all this K haplotype get in Oceania and how did it also get in cameroon?

It seems very dispersed, where does it originate and what would be the best phene to represent how people carrying this haplotype looks?

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/~mcdonald/WorldHaplogroupsMaps.pdf

oops sorry here is the map I am looking at

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My analysis is that the author(s) assumes that a low frequency of a specific hapolgroup indicates 'lesser' (my own words) and therefore not really important based on their location in Africa, Asia or Oceania but this is FALSE.
I see the exact opposite. Gene flow, based on what I have seen or understood is from Africa to Middle East to Europe proper. That is the dominant pattern. Back migration has occured but the level and extent deserves further scrutiny.
From the dominant gene flow, the K group left its African homeland (what we know today as Cameroon???) and took different paths, one to Oceania, another Fertile Crescent, another Asia then to Europe. As varying K groups met (as defined by their Euro homeland, and away from the main founder group, the frequencey of K had to increase because of the varying waves from a specific area so naturally its proliferation would be a clue. Just like in modern times, e.g. people from Sweden or Finland settling in Northern Illinois, Wiscosin or Minnesota due to word of mouth, familiarity (climate) and opportunity!

When you rework/reword the Wikipedia piece as it should be, here is an example.

REWORK
In human genetics, Haplogroup K (M9) is a Human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup.

It first appeared approximately 40,000 years ago among various populations of Eurasia, Oceania, and northern Africa and spread to Iran or southern Central Asia. Haplogroups K1, K2, K3, K4, K6, and K7 brought fruition to many assoprted groups within the region

Today, haplogroup K and its descendant haplogroups are the patrilineal ancestors of most of the people living in the Northern Hemisphere, including most Europeans, many Indians, and almost all Asians and Native Americans. Other lineages derived from Haplogroup K are found among Melanesian populations, indicating an ancient link between most Eurasians and some populations of Oceania.

This haplogroup is a descendant of Haplogroup F (M89). Its major descendant haplogroups are K5 (M230), L (M20), M (M4), NO (M214) (plus NO's descendants N and O), and P (M45) (plus P's descendants Q and R).

No data points were changed! If K5 is as important as it is claimed, shouldn't it be K1
But no! Just my thoughts in a free society.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing you don't get is that lineages have nothing to do with phenotype. For all appearances a 'white' person could have recent African ancestry and vice versa-- a black person with European ancestry!
Posts: 26255 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Another thing you don't get is that lineages have nothing to do with phenotype. For all appearances a 'white' person could have recent African ancestry and vice versa-- a black person with European ancestry!

Never stated anything to do with your assumptions! It be as it be?!
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com