EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: White Supremecy in Prehistory

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: White Supremecy in Prehistory
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone recommend any books or articles on the subject??

The only thing I've been able to find is "The Iceman Inheritance" by Michael Bradley.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"White Supremacy" in prehistory seems a little premature in that it is only within the century (1900's???) that the term has began to take on the psychic character that it has today.
Previously certain groups began to see themselves superior to others like the British over everyone, or the Northern Europeans seeing themselves better than the Southern Europeans, or over the Slavs (Eastern Europeans), or Germans seeing themselves superior to the Russians and so on! With immigration out of Europe, there was a coalescence of group coming under the term 'White", which is a typical US/American response to said groups in USA. The term back migrated to Europe where, when said groups began colonizing Africa (Holland, German, French, English, etc, the white convention began to take shape.
The Japanese saw themselves as being anointed with its acceptance by Germany, Turkey and other European powers who wanted to be but again they were bombed by their masters but never the twain shall meet!
Nowadays, skinheads are the sam all through Europe with immigration, lower population growth so in that sense there is unity!
It is the disunity of others that causes White Supremacy to flourish remembering that it came into being with colonization and has carried over into the modern social sphere!
I do not believe it is as prelevant but it may depend on the perception of those in relative to their social placement within society and educational achievement in the modern world order!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this topic a joke?! Because it sounds ridiculous! What evidence is there of there being white supremacy during prehistoric times?! Is there some stone age finds of the Ku Klux Klan or Nazism in Europe?! LMAO [Big Grin]
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tee85:

The only thing I've been able to find is "The Iceman Inheritance" by Michael Bradley.

That's a black supremacist propaganda rag. I wouldn't really trust it.

White supremacism in its most familiar form is a very recent invention, probably no older than the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Before then, Europeans didn't think of themselves as genetically (as opposed to theologically) superior to Africans.

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found something else:

http://www.rustcollege.edu/rust/rust2/library/twocradletheorystoval.html

Two Cradle Theory

Did white racism originate with capitalism as a rationale for African enslavement in the sixteenth century? If so, it leaves many situations in history waiting for explanation, How does it explain, for example,the presence of racism in East India, in pre-capitalist Arabia and in situations in general where black and white races clashed with whites gaining dominance? Or how does it explain the anti-black character of European languages, especially the terror that is associated with the term "Black" and its many manifestations?1 If linguistics prove that this terror is older than 1500 B.C., explanation must be sought in an ancient antagonistic black-white interaction, prior to 1500 B.C. And though there have been attempts to explain white racism as originating in pre-historic times, our frame of reference is the period during which documented evidence exists concerning European nomadic culture. 2

A more plausible explanation for the origin of white racism may be constructed with the help of Cheikh Anta Diop's two-cradle theory, one cradle being the Southern (African) cradle and the other being the Northern (European) cradle. Dr. Diop, who was born in Senegal in 1923, earned his Ph.D. at the Sorbonne in Paris and is presently the Director of the Radicarbon Laboratory in Senegal. His theory implies clearly what white racism was a result of early European nomadism and the ethnocentric-xenophobic mentality that resulted from it. Ethnocentrism is a lack of tolerance for other races and xenophobia is the fear of strangers. Diop himself does not explicitly make this connection but his theory clearly implies it is interpreted correctly.

I have a couple of Diop's books. I'll read and see. This is pretty interesting.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tee85:
I have a couple of Diop's books. I'll read and see. This is pretty interesting.

This is not interesting this is redicoulas, preposterous. How the hell could their have been white racism in pre-history when the invention of the "white race" was during the 16-17th century?

quote:
Tyrannosaurus:
White supremacism in its most familiar form is a very recent invention, probably no older than the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Before then, Europeans didn't think of themselves as genetically (as opposed to theologically) superior to Africans.

Exactly!
problem with people as Tee85, is that they have ingrained and severe case of inferiority complex against "whites", that's why they believe in such theories about "blacks" being subjugated by "whites" during ice-age or stone-age. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
^ What a dumbass!

When did I ever make any assertion at all??

I found something and wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it, or recommended anything.

Instead of labeling me a "black" with an "inferiority complex", try to read what the **** is written and answer with some tact.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ What a dumbass!

When did I ever make any assertion at all??

^You didn't, but I can see where Yonis is coming from here.

For someone to post a thread with such a title, and not note the inanities of the title is a tad alarming to maybe having a 'white-god' complex.

LOL at the title of this thread by the way.

Yes, in India, there is the caste-system, which I'm a bit curious about too.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some questions:

1) What should one make of the seeming negative characterisations of Africans in the literature of the 3 monotheistic literatures(starting with the Torah)? Are the translations accurate?

2) And the literature of the so-called "Ayran invaders" of India--on the conquered Dravidians?

But there is what amounts to what one might call an acquiescence in a seeming "white supremacy" in the world today.

Consider the fact that Europeans(from Europe proper--inlcuding Russia-- North America, Australia, New Zealand, the ruling castes in Central and South America and the still dominant settlers in Africa)are at most
some 20% of the world's population
but consume some 60-80% of the world's resources.

This unequal situation is maintained by the operations of supranational institutions such as the World Bank, IMF and WTO.

The UN Security Council(permanent with 4 out of 5 members)ensures dominance in international politics.

The huge stockpiles of weaponry held by the European world also guarantees relative dominance in the military sphere.

In the areas of media and information dissemination the European world is dominant and decides for the rest of the world what's newsworthy and what is not, and how the news and information should be slanted or otherwise.

In the area of scientific and technological research dominance of the European world is evident.

In the areas of aesthetics--music, phenotypical tastes and standards--the European world sets standards and determines what kinds of music, films, and other aesthetic standards should be marketed.

The rights of individuals and what should be legal and illegal is determined by the international law formulated by Europeans.

And the modern system of exchange--called capitalism-- which determines how humans should relate to each
other is an expression of European cultural dominance.

All this can be changed but there seems to be some kind of general acquiescence and cultivation of an aura, mystique and cachet status of Europe and its peoples by the rest of the world.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lamin,

Good points, but hey man, some people rebel [Big Grin] !

-  -

For a sujugated group, I was just pondering on how quaint it is for us (african diasporic americans) to have had such a profound impact on the culture of our subjigators. Same (general) thing with the pharaonic eyptian culture.

Just a thought.

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Some questions:

1) What should one make of the seeming negative characterisations of Africans in the literature of the 3 monotheistic literatures(starting with the Torah)? Are the translations accurate?

What were the other 2 monotheisms you were refering to?

Anyway, I know parts of the Quran have some praise for africans.

I know of them being looked on in some positive light in the Tanakh. The Tanakh doesn't teach racism as the western concept of race isn't even in the book.

However I've been wondering the same things.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what of the "Mural of Races". In Wally's site the other blacks are considered "savages/no good' . . . .according to the translation. I am right? Isn't that considered racism?
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's a black supremacist propaganda rag. I wouldn't really trust it.
true dat! To be taken seriously, the aforementioned community needs to be more serious, uplift the 'downtrodden', and stop spending $200.00 on gym shoes!
Take a community college course and start to see where you fit in instead of buying the most expensive street shoes!
How can any group be taken seriously with this mindset? To my mind, this is where it begins!

My statement is a relative one keeping in mind that po' (poor) in America is nothing! I am referring to the least fortunate, who at least have government support to better their lives. Start from there, build and get away from government control to own your own life.
I realize many are trying and there are obstacles but keep on!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard they found in the Cro-Magnon caves ancient grafitti translating into "White Power!" LOL [Big Grin]
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
And what of the "Mural of Races". In Wally's site the other blacks are considered "savages/no good' . . . .according to the translation. I am right? Isn't that considered racism?

^Ethno-shauvinism.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannosaurus:
quote:

That's a black supremacist propaganda rag
And so, obviously, a white supremacist thing too.

LOL [Smile] .

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com