EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What do you think of this old German map of races of Africa?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you think of this old German map of races of Africa?
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im sure YOU are greatful that Somalia isn't in the negroid category. *whew* <----huh?
Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see any negroid category, how come you're always successfull to make a fool out of yourself?
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I needed this map. It just explained a lot of things to me and answered questions that I had.
Yonis, Sudanese+Palenegritic+everything to the south = Negroid. Ethiopic is at least partially Negroid :-)

This map concurs with all the DNA findings we've been getting.

As the the Germans would say:
Danke

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The map is trash. Nothing but outdated pseudoscience. It and other theories like it have been debunked by modern bioanthropology and genetics.

-- Human races as human variation

Y-chromosome and mitochondrial DNA genealogies are especially interesting because they demonstrate the lack of concordance of lineages with morphology and facilitate a phylogenetic analysis. Individuals with the same morphology do not necessarily cluster with each other by lineage, and a given lineage does not include only individuals with the same trait complex (or 'racial type'). Y-chromosome DNA from Africa alone suffices to make this point. Africa contains populations whose members have a range of external phenotypes. This variation has usually been described in terms of 'race' (Caucasoids, Pygmoids, Congoids, Khoisanoids). But the Y-chromosome clade defined by the PN2 transition (PN2/M35, PN2/M2) shatters the boundaries of phenotypically defined races and true breeding populations across a great geographical expanse. African peoples with a range of skin colors, hair forms and physiognomies have substantial percentages of males whose Y chromosomes form closely related clades with each other, but not with others who are phenotypically similar. The individuals in the morphologically or geographically defined 'races' are not characterized by 'private' distinct lineages restricted to each of them. --

Source: Conceptualizing Human Variation Nature Genetic Supplement; Volume 36; Number 11; November 2004

abstract

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click this => Keita & Kittles: Conceptualizing human variation
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

What do you think of this old German map of races of Africa?

That it reflects the old racist pseudo-scientific anthropology of its day--- All of which has been refuted. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Red,White, and Blue + Christian:

I needed this map. It just explained a lot of things to me and answered questions that I had.
Yonis, Sudanese+Palenegritic+everything to the south = Negroid. Ethiopic is at least partially Negroid :-)

Indeed, that is exactly what those terms mean. Of course today all experts agree it is utter rubbish.

quote:
This map concurs with all the DNA findings we've been getting.

As the the Germans would say:
Danke

How so, considering that genetics (all the DNA findings we've been getting) shows that such racial typologies do not exist, especially with the discovery of the PN2 clade?! [Confused]
Posts: 26336 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I concur with Djehuti's points and questions.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com