EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Loses Funding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Loses Funding
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Loses Funding
Published: June 11, 2007

The hills in Visoko are a natural formation and not pyramids, as Semir Osmanagic wishes to present them, says Bosnian Culture Minister.

“The pyramids” are a natural formation

Culture Minister Gavrilo Grahovac decided to shut down the source of funding, at least this one, because this was not a serious archaeological research. The credibility of the people who collaborated on the project was “unreliable” and they have published their findings that were kept away from the experts.

The scientific research team has proved that the hill Visocica is a natural geological formation and its relief is the consequence of natural tectonic movement. [Source]

UPDATE
28 June 2007

Just weeks after the Bosnian Ministry of Culture cut funding to the excavation of alleged pyramids in Visoko, excavations have resumed.

A short note appeared on Semir Osmanagic’s website for the dig stating: “Local government has decided to issue permissions for digging to foundation to be able to prove existence of the first Pyramids in Europe.”

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Last month, May, some 40,000 tourists came to see the biggest archaeological discovery in Europe—the Bosnia Valley of Pyramids. This year, more then 250,000 tourists are expected to visit the region.

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/index_files/News.html

Are these people visiting it because they think it's man made or because they just think it's beautiful? Coz it's obviously not man-made.

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who was that again who believed that those hills were really pyramids and was so excited about it they kept posting about it??

I forgot, but I believe the guy posts in the political section.

And who was it again that answered with this quote: "Lord, please give white people their own pyramids!" LMFO [Big Grin]

Posts: 26249 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Razz]
Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray 2006 I think!

And for the quote it was probably Masonic Rebel's, that guy has the same sense of humor as me!

But yeah I'd been looking into it and this comes as no surprise to me really.

What I'm worried about is the people there, they really got some folks hopes up I'm sure.

I wonder if the acient date could have come from the fact of them being natural. I wonder how they dated it, too.

quote:
UPDATE
28 June 2007

Just weeks after the Bosnian Ministry of Culture cut funding to the excavation of alleged pyramids in Visoko, excavations have resumed.

A short note appeared on Semir Osmanagic’s website for the dig stating: “Local government has decided to issue permissions for digging to foundation to be able to prove existence of the first Pyramids in Europe.”

Interesting.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com