EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What was Zahi Hawass's Reaction to The Prince of Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What was Zahi Hawass's Reaction to The Prince of Egypt
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the thread about Princess of the Sun, it is shown how Zahi HawASS reacted to it. I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not he came out against this film too...which also shows very dark-skinned Egyptians.

I was watching it today, and could have sworn The Queen was voiced by a black woman (sounds just like it). Come to find out, it's Helen Mirren!!! I was going to reply to a commment someone made a while bacl about The Queen being more African in presentation...and was going to say it was the voice.

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me guess. He was mad like an Egyptian that this movie wasn't all about him?

[Razz]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Let me guess. He was mad like an Egyptian that this movie wasn't all about him?

[Razz]

[Confused] Why are you here between Egyptians then. Very BAD TASTLESS GUESS. [Mad]
Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What was Zahi Hawass's reaction to 'Prince of Egypt'?" I don't know. To be honest, I haven't even heard a peep from him about that movie. Perhaps he is making a fuss about the 'Princess of the Sun' because that one was produced in French and a great deal of his European Egyptological colleagues are French.
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
"What was Zahi Hawass's reaction to 'Prince of Egypt'?" I don't know. To be honest, I haven't even heard a peep from him about that movie. Perhaps he is making a fuss about the 'Princess of the Sun' because that one was produced in French and a great deal of his European Egyptological colleagues are French.

Or maybe (most likely) he didn't want to piss off the Christian West by attacking the film...many of whom go to Egypt BECAUSE it's in the Bible. See, he can attack Princess of the Sun because it has nothing to do with Western religion.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Of course, the above is just speculation. We can never be sure what Hawass thinks unless he tells so, or at least until he makes some comment on which we can make some kind of inference. [Wink]
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com