EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Moderator: Please spare us all this agony...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moderator: Please spare us all this agony...
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There exists here an inane, virtually childish topic which has gone on for at least 20 pages; "The Race of the Ancient Egyptians" [Roll Eyes]

This topic has already been dealt with here, exhaustively, and to which I will state that I (and not feigning "humility") have addressed by providing the simple, concrete evidence given to us all by the Ancient Egyptians THEMSELVES!

Only an absolute idiot would debate a people who have already described their ethnicity and their ancestral origins.

So, pleeeese, spare us this continuing childish 'debate' by locking this topic...pleeese [Smile]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is anything on that thread that havent been dicussed before they should go ahead and delete it it.

OR

they should leave it there just in case any race obsesed people still want to debate about it or if any new people have any questions about it. keeping them from making a whole New race of the ancient egyptians thread and going in circles about that same topic.

Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lock it and make it a sticky, since we all know it will come up again eventually.
Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] Sadly it is just what I predicted-- that the foolish thread simply because having the word 'race' in its title, will go on for over a dozen pages. And having one of the posters link to racist websites did not help either!

This whole issue is beginning to annoy me (as well as couple of posters) [Mad]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say lock it and make a sticky for it at the top of the page and refer any subsequent posts on the matter to the sticky thread.
Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou, Mod for complying.
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admin actually, not the mod :-)

I feel like a parent that has to "come down there" and yell at the kids from time to time to keep quiet and behave.

Posts: 114 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You lost me dad
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
What is the point you are making. Admin and not mods have the ability to "lock" or sticky threads.

quote:
Originally posted by sammy:
Admin actually, not the mod :-)

I feel like a parent that has to "come down there" and yell at the kids from time to time to keep quiet and behave.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx.. Like Doug says though, maybe it should be a Sticky as well so that those who are not privy to the search function can merely refer to the thread at the top of the page (in order to prevent from making new threads about the same topic). Either way, at least it's been dealt with.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well . . .. Mr Admin. Some of your veteran posters are asking for a lock and stick. No or yes.. . .with reasons [Wink]
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump
Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com