EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Was Horus resurrected?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Was Horus resurrected?
eklypised
Member # 14211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eklypised   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive heard people say that Horus was resurrected. I thought Egyptians didnt believe in resurrection?
Posts: 11 | From: S.Carolina | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eklypised
Member # 14211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eklypised   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And was Horus called KRST

http://www.truthbeknown.com/luxor.gif

Furthermore, inscribed about 3,500 years ago on the walls of the Temple at Luxor were images of the Annunciation, Immaculate Conception, Birth and Adoration of Horus, with Thoth announcing to the Virgin Isis that she will conceive Horus; with Kneph, the "Holy Ghost," impregnating the virgin; and with the infant being attended by three kings, or magi, bearing gifts. In addition, in the catacombs at Rome are pictures of the baby Horus being held by the virgin mother Isis--the original "Madonna and Child."

Posts: 11 | From: S.Carolina | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Obviously silly religious theories that try to connect to Christian beliefs.

quote:
Originally posted by eklypised:

Ive heard people say that Horus was resurrected. I thought Egyptians didnt believe in resurrection?

No Heru (Horus) was never resurrected because he never died in the first place. You must be confused with Ausar (Osiris) who was the one who died (murdered by his brother Set) and was resurrected by his wife Aset. But yes, the Egyptians believed very much in resurrection. It was what the whole cult of Ausar was about. Those who lived their lives according to Ma'at (truthful and righteous) can expect to be resurrected or reborn in the afterlife.

quote:
And was Horus called KRST
I don't know what krst is supposed to mean in Mdu-neter (Egyptian language), but I seriously doubt it had anything to do with the word 'christ' which is derived from the Greek word 'christos' meaining 'annointed'.

quote:
 -

Furthermore, inscribed about 3,500 years ago on the walls of the Temple at Luxor were images of the Annunciation, Immaculate Conception, Birth and Adoration of Horus, with Thoth announcing to the Virgin Isis that she will conceive Horus; with Kneph, the "Holy Ghost," impregnating the virgin; and with the infant being attended by three kings, or magi, bearing gifts. In addition, in the catacombs at Rome are pictures of the baby Horus being held by the virgin mother Isis--the original "Madonna and Child."

Uh, wrong on everything except the last part. When Ausar died, his wife used her magic to bring him life at least long enoug for her to have sex with while she took the form of a kite (a kind of bird). Ausar was resurrected but had to go to the Netherworld. Aset was left pregnant and Tehuti (Thoth) aided her protection to give birth to and raise her son Heru to fight his uncle Set who was his father's murderer. There are no "wise men" etc. Try not to inject Christian beliefs onto ancient Egyptian ones. The two are different religions with the latter being the older one.

But yes, the depictions of Aset and her son are the original prototype for later depictions of the Madonna and child.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eklypised
Member # 14211

Rate Member
Thanks for the reply.

What about Horus having 12 disciples, being born of a virgin, and all the other parallels to Jesus. Any ancient Egyptian doucments or anything that says any of these things?

Here is a pic somebody put up supposeldy its Horus' 12 disciples and 3 dietys
http://www.zulunation.com/ZODIAC%20EGYPTIAN.jpg

The Trinity Gods
http://www.piney-2.com/Trinity-Egyptian.jpg

This is suppose to be Horus with inscription that says Good Shephard.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/horus.jpg

Are any of these things true?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What about Horus having 12 disciples, being born of a virgin, and all the other parallels to Jesus. Any ancient Egyptian doucments or anything that says any of these things?

Horus did not have any disciples, and he was not born of a virgin since Ausar (Osiris) was his father and was the one who died and resurrected!

quote:
Here is a pic somebody put up supposeldy its Horus' 12 disciples and 3 dieties

-

LOL Those are the 12 gods of the Egyptian calendar that represent the 12 months of the year. I cannot see the 3 deities clearly but they are probably the gods who represent the 3 seasons.

Mind you the number 12 is considered a sacred number among various peoples in the ancient world, mainly to symbolize gods who preside over months of the year as shown here. The Greeks and Romans inherited from their predecessors the collective worship of 12 gods. The 12 disciples of Christ were representative of the 12 tribes of Israel which may very well come from the same ancient sacred belief in 12.

quote:

The Trinity Gods

-

There various cities and places in Egypt where gods were worshipped in groups of 3 which represent mother, father, and child NOT the father, son, and Holy Spirit of Christianity! LOL

quote:
This is suppose to be Horus with inscription that says Good Shephard.

-

Even if it does, what does this have to do with Jesus? Many gods and rulers were given the title of shepard in ancient times as a metaphor for leaders and that the people they lead are their flocks.

quote:
Are any of these things true?
Some yes and some no. Are you by any chance related to 'Africanbible_Expert'? LOL
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is way old "comparitive religions" stuff straight
out of Kersey Graves' Crucified Saviors before Christ.
Of course there were borrowings and cross-fertilization
between regions' religions but not anachronistically
backward through time. For instance this 'disciple' notion
is clearly a swipe out of time with no relevancy to AE
spirituality. Not even the Shemsu Hor, though followers,
were disciples in the Hellenic Christianity sense of the
word.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ My thoughts exactly!
eklypised
Member # 14211

Rate Member
last thing

Did Horus have 12 Disciples? any evidence of this?

and was he born of a virgin?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Do you have a psychiatric disorder or something?! Your questions were already answered!
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok ... anywho, ditto to the above wisdom dropped by the experts above.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horus is probably more conceptual.... btw.

I think he possesses either multiple kas or multiple bas, as well.

Which ... could lead me to speculate about the ancient Egyptian afterlife beliefs or even reincarnation, if anything..

But like alT said, dont't (or try not to) graft things backwards thru time. Horus pre-dates 'the mechiach' (= an annointed one).

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Not even the Shemsu Hor, though followers,
were disciples in the Hellenic Christianity sense of the
word.

Were the Shemsu Hor some type of early Christians?
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomorelies
Member # 16201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of it was copied ver batim, but it is clear to see there was some "borrowing" and adjustments done with regards to Christianity, through the bastardization of Hebrew language. There are baptizm scenes on tomb walls.

You have to also know that the words for "Christ" and "virgin" had a different meaning in Hebrew/Aramaic languages.

Posts: 100 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Yes, in some ways we could argue that Osiris mirrors Heyseuce more than Horus does.
sam p
Member # 11774

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of Genesis, especially 6-9, appears to be straight out of the Pyramid Texts. There's a great deal of the Pagan religions all through the Bible though Egypt seem to get more mentions than most.

The writers of the Bible appear to have avoided direct mention of earlier works and were particularly unlikely to say anything good about Egypt.

Posts: 393 | From: NW Indiana, US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that so? Then why have we this in the 'Bible?'
quote:

And the LORD will smite Egypt, smiting and
healing; and they shall return unto the LORD,
and He will be entreated of them, and will heal them.

In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt
and with Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth;

for that the LORD of hosts hath blessed him,
saying: 'Blessed be Egypt My people and Assyria
the work of My hands, and Israel Mine inheritance.'

Isaiah 19:22, 24-25

Isn't it something that a writer from a people who
viewed Egypt as perhaps their greatest enemy would
record in their sacred scriptures that Egypt at one
time knew Israel's deity and would return to that
deity who recognizes Egypt as the deity's people.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt did not "knew Israel's" deity you sly Jew it's the other way around.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

I know they wrote that they were enslaved in Egypt, so the incentive for rivalry isn't pulled out of a hat.

But I smell something fishy with "ancient egypt = devil to ancient isreal" logic. It kindof seems like more insinuation that ancient Egyptians = creepy voodoo artists or something.

It's just funny they rarely see Rome or Greece as as evil.

But I believe this is because this is Rome and Greece we're living in.

Btw, I swear I came across something saying God "loves/d Egyptians and Ethiopians" before or something like that.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I dunno. I'd check out
1). the Hasmoneans and
2). the Jewish Wars
but, in any event, by the
time there was a Greece
or a Rome worth noting,
the Hebrews had already
written all their sacred
scriptures.

Previous to then, they had
very little to no interaction
with those two peoples so
far to their west.

So little was known of Greece
that only in Daniel is there
any mention of it, while Rome
is totally off the radar.

The Hebrew's world was one of
the 'sons of Shem' and the 'sons
of Hham.' While they knew Yapheth
had a son 'Yawan' their world was
of small consequence at the time.

But when reading the Hebrew's
prophetic books (or oracular
work) everybody is 'evil' and
that includes the Hebrews too.

quote:
Originally posted by Alive:
It's just funny they rarely see Rome or Greece as as evil.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Thnx alot 4 the your info there but by "they" I wasn't refering to your kind (the ancient authors), I was refering to confused biased (Eurocentrist) Westerners.

I'm not a person who sees things as Hebrews vs. blacks.

Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Obviously silly religious theories that try to connect to Christian beliefs.

But yes, the depictions of Aset and her son are the original prototype for later depictions of the Madonna and child.

Is there a contradiction here?
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^God is real.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
Originally posted by Nay-Sayer:
Is there a contradiction here?

That's my hombre right there but sometimes I think a better moniker for him would be "semantic consensus".

Obviously his comment was based on some form of reasoning though.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Horus never died.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com