EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egyptian as an African Language (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ancient Egyptian as an African Language
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NonProphet what are your Credentials?

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferet
Member # 17109

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely, not true!

-

quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
That's correct. Ethiopia is not determine by borders but rather it is a people of Cushitic stock that roamed, lived, and reside throughout East Africa, Northeast Africa, the Middle east and even Asia, primarily India & Iran. Contrary to popular belief, Ethiopia does not include West Africans, central africans, or southern africans. Black people like from those regions like to include themselves in hisotry that claim or states 'Ethiopian' when in reality they have nothing to do with it.

Posts: 369 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UniverseSeven
Member # 18789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UniverseSeven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
Sound/Meaning Relationships Between the Bantu and Ancient Egyptian Language

Latest research by linguistics have shown that the root or ancestral language of modern human beings may be more than 10,000 years and possibly nearer 15,000 years old. Merrit Ruhlen has even proposed that a common language once spanned the entire world. He calls this language Proto-Global. Furthermore, mitochondrial DNA evidence carried out by Bryan Sykes has shown that modern human beings originated in Central/Southern Africa and spread across the rest of Africa and along the Arabian peninsula carrying and diffusing language. It was only at a later stage that modern human beings spread north into Egypt and the process of carrying and spreading language was repeated. It is from this body of evidence that such a vast vocabulary of words of common origin between Ancient Egyptian and Proto-Bantu have been compiled. From this, one can make the assumption that Bantu vocabulary spread northwards and not the other way round.

http://www.kaa-umati.co.uk/index2.html

Regards to Proto Global

That would be Nimrod son of Kush, grandson of Ham, great grandson of Noah and King of Shinar.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yanfeng
Member # 18986

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanfeng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so funny.

Project Standard 2010
Microsoft Office 2007

--------------------
Everything,I to change.
Microsoft Office 2007

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weerw
Member # 19261

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weerw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to coach factory online sale, because there are
coach factory outlet, where the
coach factory store a lot of attitude is also very good. Very grateful

--------------------
coach factory store
coach factory outlet
coach factory online sale

Posts: 5 | From: china | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chensi
Member # 19604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chensi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU
i think i should thank you very much for you can waste lot of time to write this post .....thank you again for your sharing..

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best book that was written about it is I think the Theophile Obenga book called Origine commune de l'égyptien ancien, du copte et des langues négro-africaines modernes by Theophile Obenga (translation from french: Common origin of the Ancient Egyptian, Coptic and modern Negro-African languages).

Basically, the book links all African languages (including ancient Egyptian and Coptic languages) into one big language family similar to the Indo-European language family.

It divides languages spoken in Africa into 4 main distinct language families:

1 - Negro-Egyptian language family (Ancient Egyptians, Bantu, Yoruba, Coptic, Kwa, Hausa, Zulu, Fur, Nubian, Somali, Shona, Afar, etc)
2 - Afro-Asiatic (semitic) language family (Amaric, Ge'ez, arabic)
3 - Berber language family
4 - Khoisan language family

Those 4 Languages families are distinct to each other as each of them are to Indo-Europeans language family for example.

TABLE 1: Negro-Egyptian language family (Bantu, Ancient Egyptians, Yoruba, Coptic, Kwa, Hausa, Zulu, Fur, Nubian, Shona, Somali, Afar, etc):
 -

TABLE 2 - Afro-Asiatic (semitic) language family (Amaric, Ge'ez, Arabic):
 -

TABLE 3 - Berber language family:
 -

TABLE 4 - Khoisan language family:
 -

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phiferana
Member # 20483

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for phiferana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greatly

--------------------
Tiana Phifer

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Negro-egyptian language family table I posted above is missing the Nigero-Kordofanian sub-family on the right:

TABLE 1: Negro-Egyptian language family (Bantu, Ancient Egyptians, Yoruba, Coptic, Kwa, Hausa, Zulu, Fur, Nubian, Shona, Somali, Afar, etc):
 -

Larger version here (for easier reading):
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/Amunratheultimate/Misc/Table1Negro-EgyptianLanguagesFamilyTreeb-1.jpg

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe me, I actually would like to accept Obenga's linguistic categorizations, but what is his justification for taking Berber and Semitic out of the Afrasan phylum? I suspect he's confusing population genetics with language.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
Believe me, I actually would like to accept Obenga's linguistic categorizations, but what is his justification for taking Berber and Semitic out of the Afrasan phylum? I suspect he's confusing population genetics with language.

His justifications are entirely linguistic of course (I have the book close to me).

What is your justification for including Arabic and African languages in the same family?

Unless one conquered the other, there's no justification. It is a mythology only based on the racist hamitic myth (or the hamitic myth in reverse). There's no linguistic, historic or genetic justification for it. So what is your justification for it?

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
For one it's important to understand that language change with times. Usually in linguistic when a language become mutually intelligible with one of its earlier form we give it a different name.

In comparative linguistic, we need to use current form (current languages) and compare it with earlier form (ancient language) and discover not only similarity but also progressive steps. Obenga does a great job at it in his book. Which is a bit of a heavy reading for non-linguist unlike many of his very good books about African history and culture.

The common origin of Ancient Kemites and modern African languages are based on a common idiom from phonology, phonetics, morphology, grammar, semantics and lexicography. Here I will just restrict myself to lexicography. The book (obviously) cover all those aspects in depth.

So languages change with time for example here's some English words inspired by the old Norse language.

Bug = bukr (insect within tree trunks)
Bylaw = Bylog (by=village, log-law, village-law)
want = vanta (="to lack")

We can see that the pronunciations, letters, are changing with time. Sometime whole words are completely changed. The language spoken by English people 3000 years ago, english's ancestors, is not understandable for modern english people.

Here's a site with common Indo-Europeans words:
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/general/indoeuro.asp

Some words are similar other words are somewhat similar while some words are completely different but all those languages share a common origin.

Another site showing part of the Indo-European language family tree:
http://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320Hist&Civ/slides/07ie/germaniclanguages.jpg

Here's a image showing numerals in different Bantu language.
 -
We can see for example that 't' in tatu can become 'r' 's' or 'l' in different Bantu sub-languages, while it stays 't' in others. Obviously all those languages are related and share a common origin that's why we call them Bantu languages.

Here is a couple of examples from Obenga's book called: Origine commune de l'égyptien ancien, du copte et des langues négro-africaines modernes – Introduction à la linguistique historique africaine.

The language is french so you may need to use google translate or similar sites to understand what is written.

Boeuf = Beef
 -

Dire, Parler, Raconter = Say, Talk, Tell
 -

Belier, Mouton = Ram, Sheep
 -

Belier, Mouton = Ram, Sheep
 -

Palmier = Palm Tree
 -

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Esprit, ame = Spirit, soul
 -

Noir = Black
 -

Construire, edifier = Build (a house)
 -

Ame, Esprit = Soul, Spirit
 -

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Quatre = Four
 -

...Quatre = Four
 -

Labourer, Cultiver = Laboring, Cultivate
 -

Oeil = Eye
 -

Obviously in the book, they are many others (as you can see from the numbering). Those were only a few examples. Also those are only lexicographic examples, in the book it goes in depth about other common linguistic idiom from phonology, phonetics, morphology, grammar, semantics and lexicography linguistic fields.

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a D Icke and MTsar book that I readed the hebrew language call QBR,KBR,IBR was the language of the Egyptian priest .According to prof C Acholini hebrew and semitic language come from the Afa language of the Egyptian priest. According to Gadalla and supported by A Osman and MTsar the original hebrew were the exiled Atonist Egyptian follower of Akhenaton aka Moses so hebrew most be connected to one of the many Egyptian nomes language .One of the oldest hebrew city in the world was the city of Malawi or Malevi meaning the city of the levite in Egypt (Gadalla). According to Gadalla hebrew,arabic and aramaic are connected language that come from mudar/medu neter in the Moab region in Jordan .The Moab region was heavily peopled by Egyptian immigrant .
Prince Branchie Darkwah state the egyptologist are wrong when they think the medu netr is one language.The Egyptian tribes were multilangual and their will right some medu neter in their nome language.
According to african scholar the national unifying language of Egypt was Igbo,Akan or Haoussa (Acholini,Darkwah,S Garba).

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
According to a D Icke and MTsar book that I readed the hebrew language call QBR,KBR,IBR was the language of the Egyptian priest .According to prof C Acholini hebrew and semitic language come from the Afa language of the Egyptian priest. According to Gadalla and supported by A Osman and MTsar the original hebrew were the exiled Atonist Egyptian follower of Akhenaton aka Moses so hebrew most be connected to one of the many Egyptian nomes language .One of the oldest hebrew city in the world was the city of Malawi or Malevi meaning the city of the levite in Egypt (Gadalla). According to Gadalla hebrew,arabic and aramaic are connected language that come from mudar/medu neter in the Moab region in Jordan .The Moab region was heavily peopled by Egyptian immigrant .
Prince Branchie Darkwah state the egyptologist are wrong when they think the medu netr is one language.The Egyptian tribes were multilangual and their will right some medu neter in their nome language.
According to african scholar the national unifying language of Egypt was Igbo,Akan or Haoussa (Acholini,Darkwah,S Garba).

Personally, I will stick with Obenga's classification of the different languages family spoken in Africa.
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where can i find the article in the first post????
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com