EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Hermetica

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hermetica
Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmer Menes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The writings of the Kemetian philosopher Tehuti, whom the Greeks later coined and worshipped Hermes, from my understanding...

I just got into this today, and I've got a couple of editions on my book list and I'm not sure which one to invest in... Any recommendations on what version/translation of these books are the best, and closest to resembling what was actually written in the original Egyptian texts. I know the oldest texts available are in Greek, and as such many Western Historians have desperately claimed this as a work of Hellenism and example of early 'western' thought, but considering the books quite clearly centred around Egyptian thought and the preeminence of the Kemetian, I assume the Eurocentrics could be ignored and that this would be a worthwhile set of books to investigate to gain an understanding of early Kemetic philosophy...

Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated...

Posts: 365 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nebsen
Member # 13728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Narmer Menes,
I'm not an authority on translations of the books of Tehuti; but I have one that I can highly recommend you get . Being a person that is open to spiritual writings this book reached deep down & truly spoke to me on many levels !! It is The Hermetica: The Lost Wisdom Of The Pharaohs by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy try metaphysical books stores or Amazon.

Another book that I really liked altho I think it is out of print is "Ancient Future" by Wayne B. Chandler, again try Amazon, good luck ! [Wink]

Posts: 135 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com