EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egyptian Migrations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient Egyptian Migrations
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In antiquity, there is evidence of the existance of a Nile Valley Civilization, wherein ;Africans formed a cluster. This Civilization was the result of the ancient and modern Africans' propensity to migrate.

What concerns us here are the migrations of Africans from Ancient Egypt; an influential element of Nile Valley Civilization:

To the north ;
a) The Hebrews or Hebirou were led out of Ancient Egypt, allegedly by the leader Moses; a man with a typical Egyptian name. Despite the biblical legend, the only people held in captivity were prisoners of war. The use of the term "captivity" or "bondage" may be in reference to inhabitants of one or some of the foreign settlements in the land and were indeed veritible 'Ghettos.' Many Hebrew customs, such as circumcision, were brought from Ancient Egypt...

b) According to Herodotus - Book II, The Ancient Egyptians established a colony in central Asia that was referred to as Colchis. Herodotus based this on the fact of the physical appearance -Black skinned and wooly haired and the customs of the Colchians. He further speculated that this colony was left there by the army of Sesostris...

c) According to C.A. Diop, Ancient Egyptian priests, spread out across/ie, settled Central and Eastern Asia, which led to such religions as Buddhism.

There is also the age of Ancient Egyptian Imperialism, where the example of Colchis must have certainly been replicated. This Imperial age, must be viewed in the reality of the real world and not in the national romanticism provided by such Ancient Egyptian stories as 'The Tale of Sinuhe', wherein Sinuhe/'Son of the sycamore' due to internal turmoil, must flee Ancient Egypt/Kemet, and settle in Asia; his greatest goal then becomes the wish to return to Kemet to live out his life and be buried in the land of his birth.

To the south ;
Due to Western ideological distortions, many have consciously or sub-consciously bought into the false notion that somehow there were no migrations of Ancient Egyptians to the south- Ta Nterou 'land of the gods'; 'land of the ancestors.' The migrations, like the 'Bantu' migrations, were many and covered a significant period of Ancient Egyptian history:

a) Herodotus, again, provides us with examples;
--He writes of the Egytian troops who arrived in Meroe/Saba and then surrendered to the Kushite commander and became Ekushou --Ethiopians<Ethaushou<Ekushou<Kushou = "people of the frontier"/"frontiersmen";ideological meaning- "foreigner" / "barbarian"
--He also writes that during the Persian domination of Ancient Egypt, there was an expedition sent by Cambyses to seek the 'Long-Lived Ethiopians.' This expedition failed, but it illustrates contact with these people...

b) Modern African Scholars, such as Diop, Obenga, Lucas, have provided us with an abundance of concrete evidence that several African peoples once lived in Ancient Egypt:

--The Yoruba, the Wolof...
African relatives;
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/egypt_lang.html

----
Story of Sinuhe
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/sinuhe.html
Home page
http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/index.html

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmer Menes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Wally,

Good topic, and great to see you posting here again... I posted a topic similar to this, but due to relocation, and not having access to my library at the moment, I couldn't follow it up with anything. I really like the new page you've added in your site, regarding links between AE...

You may be interested to know, but I'm currently working on a minor project with J. Olumide Lucas' son, who has extensive insight to the religious/spritual aspects of AE/Yoruba religions. He also has uncovered several linguistic links between AE language and Yoruba in extension of his fathers work. If you're interested on collaborating, hit me up with a PM...

Posts: 365 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com