EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Proof that NatGeo is preoccupied with debunking Egyptsearch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proof that NatGeo is preoccupied with debunking Egyptsearch
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/geopedia/Black_Pharaohs

^After skimming through this bunk webpage and its fallacious blabber, look towards the bottom under "Other Resources" for the link which states:

Keita, Shomarka O. Y. Selection of papers on “Current Genetic and Physical Anthropology: Africa and Asia.”

^Click it. It goes straight to Myra's web page! Now I can only wonder where they got the link.. [Roll Eyes] Despite the fact that it IS the first thing that pops up when you type in "S.O.Y. Keita" into the google search engine, clearly linking to a webpage with pre-selected studies composed by an actual member of Egyptsearch.com speaks volumes. [Smile]

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundjata

We are making headsway in the Proof of an African Egypt. This scares the establishment.

All truthseekers should take this as we are gaining ground with people being aware of Egypt and other parts of Africa. We just have to keep on fighting and pushing for the FACTS, not to be ignored.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Indeed.. The influence here is far reaching and honestly when I first came across that I smiled. The internet is a revolution that they can't control hence, they're trying to make inroads with their geopedia nonsense, using Keita as a tool to distort (due to his sometimes ambiguous assertions). Problem is, their influence is dwindling to the point where they try and invade our own turf using our own references against us. This will prove difficult since they're promoting information that directly contradicts them, which leads me to believe that the editors likely didn't read or understand all of it.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Sundjata and King,i notice that the art work improved a little also,instead of a chocolety brown they used beigh,but is still a little progress over pink. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops" the^above was meant for the Hapshepsut thread. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible Sundjata, that what you show is merely circumstantial?? I mean as you say, any google search on those works will get you hits to Myra's site. I'm just willing to give the benefit of the doubt here. I mean if they really are trying to debunk little ol' US (Egyptsearch) as somekind of a threat, than they are more pathetic than I thought! LOL [Big Grin]

Nat Geo should have a field day with what we had to say about Hatshepsut and rest of the 18th dynasty here!

Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere on these forums is a thread that piece
by piece exhibits specific Nat'l Geo attempted
rebuffing of tenets poised only here at ES AE&E.
I'm tired of digging it up everytime somebody
wonders if its true or not that the established
are aware and fear our work here. Why in hell do
you think the rash of incessant and successful
trolling here to trash our credibility happened
within the timeframe of soliciting and publishing
Nat'lGeo's "Black Pharaoh" issue and the notorious
infamous online "pop quiz" supplementing it?

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting but I wonder if you guys have a really big head? On the other hand, on the more murky subjects such as Pn2 clade, Uan Black Mummy, Sabeans, etc, etc, a google search does often hit ES.

Thats actually a sad indicator of how poorly educated people are on African history.

What suprises me is how you guys didn't make a larger racket about the Nefertitti bust question.

Are you AfroCentrics really going to allow the media to get away with that? Really? Obviously the bust has been lightened up and made to look more Semitic - right?

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morpheus
Member # 16203

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think National Geographic is conspiring to debunk Egyptsearch, Sundjata. [Big Grin]

Clearly they are aware of us and I actually think discussion here has inspired the editors to take this discussion more seriously by consulting experts like Keita.

Check out this page:

http://ngm.typepad.com/stones_bones_things/2008/11/what-did-ancien.html

The topic of the Ancient Egyptian's skin color is addressed directly by a NatGao editor.I suspect that some Egyptsearch posters participated in the discussion that took place further down that page.

As far as Keita is concerned they have published several of his essays on the origins of the Ancient Egyptians and allowed him to speak in his own words on the topic through a video. Clearly they see him as a reputed scholar so I gained a little respect for them for that.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/geopedia/Ancient_Egypt

But there is no excuse for that recent White Egypt painting. So long as they continue to portray a Eurocentric image of Egypt that has been thoroughly debunked this debate will continue to rage.

Posts: 647 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^Good post Morpheus.. Amazingly (since I don't even advertise it), someone on there actually quoted a verbatim passage from my blog and I believe I recognized at least two Egyptsearch members who were a part of that discussion.

Also, I either never heard it or forgot this tidbit of information if I did. I'll check up on it myself via sacred-texts.com, but quickly. Can anyone confirm the claim from their own knowledge that per the Book of the Dead, only the Egyptians and Nubians were given access to the afterlife? Imo if that's true, then there's nothing else to be said.... [Smile]

Btw, I agree with alTakuri. I vaguely remember such a thread and hence, such past discussions were on my mind when I created this thread. Doubt it to be coincidence but hey, I'm open minded..

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first Osirian resurrection/afterlife was limited to
pharaohs only. Later the entire Egyptian populace
attained to it and eventually Nehhesi, Tehhenu,
and Aamu also partook of it.

In the Book of Gates (I so much prefer Portals to
Gates, but for clarity's sake default to Gates), in
New Kingdom times, the peoples in the sun's path
were entitled to the Osirian Resurrection.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001394#000047

-

Depicted above is the "Herd of Ra" eligible for the
Osirian Ressurection, i.e., those peoples in the AE
perspective living right next to them in the course
of Sun Ra at sunrise, noon, and sunset.

The Aegeans and other north Mediterraneans were
left out. That was not to say they were thought to
be without a soul. Spirituality reflecting nature is at
root cause. The sun never appears in the north in the
northern hemisphere.

Thus northern peoples being out of the path of the
sun were left out of the Solar Barque unlike the
* A3mw -- easterners at sunrise
* Nehhesu -- southerners at noon
* Tjemehhu -- westerners at sunset.

I don't know about Romitu and Nehesu in the Book of
Coming Forth by Day, but both were thought to be the
issue of the same netjer, the Nehhesu directly born from
Hor's sperm while the Romitu from Hor's tears (note that
tears can be euphemistic of sperm).

quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:

Can anyone confirm the claim from their own knowledge that per the Book of the Dead, only the Egyptians and Nubians were given access to the afterlife?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Somewhere on these forums is a thread that piece
by piece exhibits specific Nat'l Geo attempted
rebuffing of tenets poised only here at ES AE&E.
I'm tired of digging it up everytime somebody
wonders if its true or not that the established
are aware and fear our work here.

As I recall that too was circumstantial. ES is no more important than Ampim's or Rashidi's website or the tons of material Afrocentric scholars produce. I'm sure they all figure in NatGeo's propaganda efforts, but to single out ES is the height of narcissism. And please don't pretend that you're not in here to spread your insidious pro-Jew agenda.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Has anyone noticed that on occasion hyperlinking
is disallowed from an ES AE&E thread?

I tried accessing Pickrell's report from the link
I posted yesterday and get an error message.
Yet, when I open a fresh browser, GOOGLE
Pritchard Coop Pickrell, and click their link I
get the full report with no problem at all.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"on occasion" ??

But business is definitely up. Check out the advs.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about "debunking" Egyptsearch as opposed to "digging in" and reinforcing their position. And on top of that how can you "debunk" the truth to begin with?

"Afrocentrism", or more importantly, African Studies, has been largely co-opted on most university campuses. The point being that in the 60s there was a major movement to get Africans included in the teaching of history and not just as slaves on campus. This is what birthed the so-called Afrocentric movement by certain academic professors. However, those African studies programs were largely gutted of the kind of strong professors who were openly challenging the status quo during the 70s and 80s. Most of them have been replaced by "company men" who steer clear of challenging anything and are very soft liberal arts oriented programs that don't really teach up and coming African scholars how to be archaeologists, anthropologists or geneticists, which is where most of the important issues concerning African history culture and people are concerned. But even beyond that, most of these programs are very limited in scope, so limited as to be laughable. They all seem to follow the same script: a bunch of courses in the Swahili language (?), a few courses on pre and post colonial Africa, then a few courses on African dance. Anyone who thinks this makes sense is loosing it. Just to understand the history and layers of cultural change in West Africa would require 10 years of study BY ITSELF and that is just in the areas of politics and social organization, let alone textiles, spirituality and so forth. Then you have the history of the Sahara, North East Africa, the African Horn, South East Africa, Southern Africa and Central Africa. Each of which people could spend YEARS sub specializing in. Then you have the whole DIASPORA of Africans in the U.S., Europe, and the Americas, all of which are their own special areas of sub specialization. And all of this is only going back 600 years. Don't even get into studying what happened 1000-2000 or even 3000 years ago, let alone the Nile Valley, which itself can be broken down in to various sub sections. And then before that you have the thousands of years of history in Sudan and then before that the development of the human species and dispersal throughout Africa and the world. ALL of that presents a deep and very complex amount of information and analysis that could offer so much to understanding African people from and AFRICAN perspective as opposed to from a foreign perspective. So after all that struggle, African Studies is now empty and devoid of any significant source of scholarship on Africa or African people in the diaspora.

Suffice to say, that given that these African Studies courses are not going to be the "threat" they used to be, the current "threat" would be the internet and the fact that so much information is now available there. No, I don't mean that Egyptsearch in particular is the main threat, but you would be surprised how many hits this site possibly gets in a day or week and this is world wide.

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Thanx for the information alTakuri.. I'm a bit sloppy since I knew this as is attested by the fact that you actually refreshed my memory, but with a reference point I can now record and note it.

@ Doug.. I've noticed that also! I've changed my major at least twice and was taken back by the difficulty in finding an Africana Studies curriculum that meets my interests and intrigue. I'd like to do more study on Africanisms in America and the legacy of west African cultural history. I'm transferring to UC Davis who seems to have an ok selection in African history courses but not much on the African American and African Studies side.. I'm learning French as well to compliment my linguistics minor. I agree though, most African studies programs suck. I'm glad that you brought that up..

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus:
I don't think National Geographic is conspiring to debunk Egyptsearch, Sundjata. [Big Grin]

Clearly they are aware of us and I actually think discussion here has inspired the editors to take this discussion more seriously by consulting experts like Keita.

Check out this page:

http://ngm.typepad.com/stones_bones_things/2008/11/what-did-ancien.html

The topic of the Ancient Egyptian's skin color is addressed directly by a NatGao editor.I suspect that some Egyptsearch posters participated in the discussion that took place further down that page.

As far as Keita is concerned they have published several of his essays on the origins of the Ancient Egyptians and allowed him to speak in his own words on the topic through a video. Clearly they see him as a reputed scholar so I gained a little respect for them for that.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/geopedia/Ancient_Egypt

But there is no excuse for that recent White Egypt painting. So long as they continue to portray a Eurocentric image of Egypt that has been thoroughly debunked this debate will continue to rage.

I think a combination of Keita's work, and Ehret's work, and other academics, combined with what ES is doing on the web, at the other end, makes them concerned. They would love ES to be a rant forum mostly like Stormfront, but many of the vets here and some newbies are into serious scholarship. That's what's threatening. ES can take them on on their on ground and debunk any faslehoods or distortions, using the most up to date scientific info. ES moves faster too. Within weeks, sometimes days of a new study being released, ES vets are on it. They would much prefer "wild-eyed" people talking bout ancient alien astronauts in Egypt and such.

I would agree with you that the data ES brings to the table has forced them to consult guys like Keita more, but it would not be surprising if they were also looking for ways to neutralize or counter what ES is doing.

ES is also putting forgotten people like those below back on the record, people too often white-washed out of the picture of ancient Egypt. Rather than the manipulated "Hawass" view, ES is doing more to set the record straight on these people it could be contended, than any number of self-styled Egyptian or Arab "nationalists" or bogus "native" Egyptians who would like to airbrush those bothersome 'darker' types away.

-

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They just might be. Someone posted studies by a couple of crackpot geneticists and now they are admitting that AAs have ancestry from Africans outside of so called "west" Africa.

Obviously they've seen how that notion has been debunked and are now trying to look somewhat less dishonest. Which they still are and everyone knows it.

Their hands have been forced with the scholarship that has been provided on this forum.

Now they are going to play on vague terms like "most", "predominately", or some fraction they pull out of the sky with regards to AA ancestry. That won't work either.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
Thanx for the information alTakuri.. I'm a bit sloppy since I knew this as is attested by the fact that you actually refreshed my memory, but with a reference point I can now record and note it.

@ Doug.. I've noticed that also! I've changed my major at least twice and was taken back by the difficulty in finding an Africana Studies curriculum that meets my interests and intrigue. I'd like to do more study on Africanisms in America and the legacy of west African cultural history. I'm transferring to UC Davis who seems to have an ok selection in African history courses but not much on the African American and African Studies side.. I'm learning French as well to compliment my linguistics minor. I agree though, most African studies programs suck. I'm glad that you brought that up..

My opinion of the situation is that too much knowledge is kept within the halls of academia and not germinated to the general public on African culture and history. Therefore it stagnates and does not have the impact on the community that it should. And this is primarily information that comes from NON Africans as well as people of the African diaspora. I got turned on to Egypt while in college because the library had tons of good OLD books on Egypt showing many undeniably black images of Egyptians from various monuments there. Those books have been around for ages, yet the general public is only spoon fed the same small set of imagery based on the agenda of those who are telling the story. What you see on the net is only the tip of the iceberg in many respects as large parts of many Egyptian sites have been photographed and cataloged and recorded by various researchers, scholars and institutions, yet hardly any of this makes it to the general public. You are talking tons of photos and records that have been collected over the last 100 years that most people don't know about. Not to mention the huge number of artifacts that have been taken out of Egypt and still are not on public view anywhere. Europeans like to tell the truth when talking to themselves behind the walls of science they THEY created, but it is only when "the natives" become involved that they suddenly start contradicting themselves.

Some of the biggest repositories of artifacts from Africa, the Americas and Asia documenting the cultures of many native groups now long gone are held in European academic institutions. And Europeans have been the biggest collectors of cultural artifacts from Africa for over the last 300 years or more, including jewelry, art, sculpture, textiles, weapons and everything else. Such items have been highly prized and are often auctioned for high prices on the art market or kept in private collections. Yet the average lay person does not know about this.

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan:

I think a combination of Keita's work, and Ehret's work, and other academics, combined with what ES is doing on the web, at the other end, makes them concerned. They would love ES to be a rant forum mostly like Stormfront, but many of the vets here and some newbies are into serious scholarship. That's what's threatening. ES can take them on on their on ground and debunk any faslehoods or distortions, using the most up to date scientific info. ES moves faster too. Within weeks, sometimes days of a new study being released, ES vets are on it. They would much prefer "wild-eyed" people talking bout ancient alien astronauts in Egypt and such.

I would agree with you that the data ES brings to the table has forced them to consult guys like Keita more, but it would not be surprising if they were also looking for ways to neutralize or counter what ES is doing.

I find the idea that big ol' NatGeo being threatened by lil ol ES to be hilarious! I mean not only is ES just one of many outlets of accurate info (and your website another), but where do you think we ES vets get all of our data in the first place??! They don't seriously think we make all this stuff up but merely gather what is pretty much evident from both science and historical reality!! I mean the fact that NatGeo prefers fantasy art renderings of white Egyptians than actual authentic tomb portraits should tell you loads about the mindset of those people!

quote:
ES is also putting forgotten people like those below back on the record, people too often white-washed out of the picture of ancient Egypt. Rather than the manipulated "Hawass" view, ES is doing more to set the record straight on these people it could be contended, than any number of self-styled Egyptian or Arab "nationalists" or bogus "native" Egyptians who would like to airbrush those bothersome 'darker' types away.

-

Yes, actually our old moderator Ausar is one of them!-- A black rural Fellah. I believe he has plans to educate the masses about his people but like all too many I don't think he has the time or resources to do so. The problem is most Egyptians that do have the resources are the Afrangi elite that try to usurp the ancient heritage of true indigenous Egyptians while denouncing them as black 'foreigners'!
Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should also add Zarahan, that Copts are merely members of the Coptic demonimation of Christianity and being a Copt does not say much about one's ethnic heritage. There are Arab Copts as well as Turkish and white Copts.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I don't know where it all comes from but the comments
and observations on that one vignette from the Book of
Gates
is a writeup of my own personal research and analysis
and you'll find nothing like it published before the date
I first posted it to the 'net back in January 2004.

Nor do I believe am I the only one here to present
original think.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
... where do you think we ES vets get all of our data in the first place??! They don't seriously think we make all this stuff up but merely gather what is pretty much evident from both science and historical reality!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com