EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Hosi sekhmekh ib n Kemi - Love Songs of the Black Nation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hosi sekhmekh ib n Kemi - Love Songs of the Black Nation
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Garden of Flowers

She led me, hand in hand, and we went into her garden to be together.

There she made me taste excellent honey.

The papyrus were verdant and its bushes flourishing.

There were raisins and cherries redder than the ruby.

The ripe peaches resembled bronze,

and the groves had the lustre of the stone used to make amulets,

The menni unshelled like cocoa nuts they brought to us,

its shade was fresh and airy, and soft for the repose of love.

When she met me, the daughter of the Chief Superintendent of the orchards

had sent her as the messenger of love,

"Come to me," she called,

"and enjoy yourself a day in the room of a young girl who belongs to you,

the garden is today in its glory

there is a terrace and a parlor

(circa 18th - 19th dynasty)

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Merut Kemi - Black Love

This love is as good

as oil and honey to the throat,

as linen to the body,

as fine garments to the gods,

as incense to worshippers when they enter in,

as the little seal-ring to my finger.

It is like a ripe pear in a man's hand.

It is like the dates we mix with wine.

It is like the seeds the baker adds to bread.

We will be together even when old age comes.

And the days in between

will be food set before us,

dates and honey, bread and wine.

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gabrielle Union is gorgeous.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

Sister without Peer

My one, the sister without peer,

The handsomest of all!

She looks like the rising morning star

At the start of a happy year.

Shining bright, enchanting skin,

Lovely the look of her eyes,

Sweet the speech of her lips,

She has not a word too much.

Upright neck, shining breast,

Hair true lapis lazuli;

Arms surpassing gold,

Fingers like lotus buds.

Heavy thighs, narrow waist,

Her legs parade her beauty;

With graceful step she treads the ground,

Captures my heart by her movements.

She causes all men's necks

To turn about to see her;

Joy has he whom she embraces,

He is like the first of men!

When she steps outside she seems

Like that the Sun!

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

Saam-Plants here Summon Us

Saam-plants here summon us,

I am your sister, your best one;

I belong to you like this plot of ground

That I planted with flowers

And sweet-smelling herbs.

Sweet is its stream,

Dug by your hand,

Refreshing in the north wind.

A lovely place to wander in,

Your hand in my hand.

My body thrives, my heart exults

At our walking together;

Hearing your voice is pomegranate wine,

I live by hearing it.

Each look with which you look at me

sustains me more than food and drink.

Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Finesse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ gosh shes so beautiful its scary
Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

I Haven't Seen Sister

Seven to yesterday that I haven't seen sister,

and sickness has entered deep into me,

I have grown heavy in my limbs,

my body has lost sense of itself.

When the chief physicians come to me,

my heart finds no relief in their remedies,

and the ritual-readers, there is no way through them,

my sickness cannot be uncovered.

Just telling me 'here she is' is my cure,

her name is what can raise me,

the coming and going of her messengers

is what can cure my heart.

Being a brother is better for me than any medicine:

it is more important to me than any prescription book,

My health-cure is her visit,

has she gazed, then I am well,

has she opened her eyes, then my body is young,

has she spoken, then I am strong.

When I embrace her, she has banished harm from me.

She left me now seven days.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE!
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Wally the pics and the love songs goes well together.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Wally!! you know what..why don't you make this into a youtube video..with some cool Eyrikha Badu songs or some Pharaoh Sanders/Miles Davis..?? [Cool]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides Gabrielle Union, can you label who these lovely women are, Wally??

-

-

Do these two photos above represent the Ethiopian model Liya Kebede??

Posts: 26249 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Hey! What's wid you and Brada? [Smile]
Ya wanna woik me overtime?

First Brada- comes up wid this idea ( a good one) to make this topic into a video...

Now, you ask me questions that...well, anyhow
--- 'course that's the model Liya; and then there's Kerry Washington, Kelly Rowland, Eritrean ladies
but I wanted to focus on the poetry complimented by appropriate eye candy...Jeesh, don't try to kill me wid overwork mahn... [Smile]

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exquisite! Thanks Wally

Lion!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Isi ("Isis")

-

Shady Aftermath
Member # 14754

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Shady Aftermath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Love it!
Posts: 368 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shady Aftermath
Member # 14754

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Shady Aftermath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nephthys

-

Posts: 368 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wally wrote:
-------------------------
-------------------------

The ancient Egyptians originated with the Sudanese and Egyptians, not Ethiopia, Eritrea, or Somalia.

People, Wally believes in eurocentrism which is why he doesn't believe that Sudan and Egypt had anything to do with of all things "Ancient Egypt".

This is because in the world of pseudoanthropology, the fake science that Wally's white masters have sodomized into him, the Sudanese and indigenous Egyptians are more "negroid" than horn of Africans. Therefore Wally's sad ass has cut those people from their own history and assigned it to those who more suit eurocentric propaganda purposes.

This is also why he didn't use any Sudanese or indigenous Egyptian images in this thread.

Your a sad pathetic case Wally, but again you're a beatdown AA who believes whatever your white owners order you to believe.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS Wally,

Quit posting materials you use when you play with yourself.

We don't want to know who you wham-a-lang your thang off of.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...case you're wandering...

Afar himut noufre = 'beautiful Afar women

amen, amen = 'mysterious, mysterious' (ie, very mysterious)

...en en mtau = 'no(t) words' (ie, nothing left to say...)

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Hey Wally!! you know what..why don't you make this into a youtube video..with some cool Eyrikha Badu songs or some Pharaoh Sanders/Miles Davis..?? [Cool]

OK, here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcsZgxT7cf8

If you can, watch this in full-screen and HD mode.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeeaa...WallY!! WAlly!!..you rule man nuff respect job well done [Big Grin] [Smile] [Wink] [Cool]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com