EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What do you think of this newly translated Egyptian hymn to Horus?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you think of this newly translated Egyptian hymn to Horus?
zemal
Member # 17286

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zemal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think of this newly translated Egyptian hymn to Horus?

http://gamahucherpress.yellowgum.com/books/poetry/Eye_of_Hor.pdf

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice to see the original Mdu Ntr along side the translation.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmer Menes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it was written in Mtau Ntr, why does it rhyme in English?
Posts: 365 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mdu Ntr = Mother Nature. I says.

--------------------
Are we going somewhere or are you going to keep annoying me with your boring lectures professor-warrior??

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL Anyway, I agree it would be better if the poem was presented with the original Mdu-Neter (Egyptian script) source. It's possible the reason why it rhymes was that the author happened to make it that way during translation but for every line to rhyme like that would be a great feat.
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com