EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egypt anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient Egypt anyone?
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems as though everyone has run out of ideas and interest in Ancient Egypt
and Egyptology. Just look at the recent posts. Well, again, here's some suggestions
for possible discussion...

a) Where is the oldest or first pyramid located and when was it built?

b) Just how old is the Great Sphinx?

c) Who actually commissioned the building of the Great pyramid?

d) What really was the Amarna Revolution all about, was it Ancient Egypt's first social revolution?

e) What was the status of the women of Ancient Egypt?

f) Sex! in Ancient Egypt!

g) Did the Ancient Egyptians draw the first cartoons?

etc., etc., etc...

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 30 April 2005).]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Egypt's connections with the rest of Africa through the ages?

Doug M posted this on this thread

"The Sudan and the wider Islamic world"

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002416

quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
The connections between the Nile Valley, Chad and West Africa are ancient. There are ancient Egyptian fortresses that have been found on now dried up tributaries of the Nile stretching to the South West of Egypt. These Nile tributaries once formed strong links between Sudan and Chad to the east and fostered trade. These links were strengthened in the Medieval period between Kindoms like Ouddai in Chad and Dongola in Sudan.
This part of the nile is called the Yellow nile and dried up around 11,000 years ago. One important archaeological site in this area is Wadi Howar which has some of the oldest examples of pottery in Africa. The Zaghawa inhabit these regions between Western Sudan, Darfur and Chad.

The links between the Nile, the Sahara and West Africa are ancient.

Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The element which connects Egypt to the interior of Africa is the road of Forty days. Dar'al Arybin. Excavation has shown that this trade network pentraited deep into modern day Chad. Harkhuf made it all the way to Yam from which he obtained a Batwa for the pharoah to perform the dance of the god. Archaeologist have also found an Osiris statue in Central Africa.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
The element which connects Egypt to the interior of Africa is the road of Forty days. Dar'al Arybin. Excavation has shown that this trade network pentraited deep into modern day Chad. Harkhuf made it all the way to Yam from which he obtained a Batwa for the pharoah to perform the dance of the god. Archaeologist have also found an Osiris statue in Central Africa.

Ausar - do you know about Dr. Muhammad Arabi and about this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJ0F299kFQ

It was posted by Abdulkarem3 on the 1/12/2010. I was shocked.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After Islam People from all over Africa were constantly migrating to Egypt. It is bizarre that we only here about non-African influence over Egypt especially when many African nations seemed to have great influence over the Muslim especially in the first few centuries
Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana, I donot know of him untill I watched the youtube. I don't totaly agree with his acessment but he has some valid points about many Cairenes having foreign origin. However, I know for a fact many Fellahin in northern Egypt still resembled people who would be considered ''black'' in the western sense. Plus the culture of rural Egypt is shared with Sa3eedi,fellahin,Beja,and Nubians. This is documented in various modern day scholars.

Yes, the folk traditions have alot in common with African people. Such things as secret ancestor veneration(for example lots of women visit their relatives on Friday and throw a banquet at the grave site for the deceased and also sleep at the tombs) The rural Egyptians believe in a unique spirit born to them and it resembles them. To the rural Egyptians the underworld is a mirror of the earth and is home to spirits. Africans have this same concept.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Dana, I donot know of him untill I watched the youtube. I don't totaly agree with his acessment but he has some valid points about many Cairenes having foreign origin. However, I know for a fact many Fellahin in northern Egypt still resembled people who would be considered ''black'' in the western sense. Plus the culture of rural Egypt is shared with Sa3eedi,fellahin,Beja,and Nubians. This is documented in various modern day scholars.

Yes, the folk traditions have alot in common with African people. Such things as secret ancestor veneration(for example lots of women visit their relatives on Friday and throw a banquet at the grave site for the deceased and also sleep at the tombs) The rural Egyptians believe in a unique spirit born to them and it resembles them. To the rural Egyptians the underworld is a mirror of the earth and is home to spirits. Africans have this same concept.

Yes - but I think Dr. Arabi was generalizing. I am sure he already knows that there are dark brown Fellahin in Northern Egypt as there are in the South. [Wink]

I would like to find out who he is though.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LocDiva   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some. Were the women's clothes actually sheer????? Has anyone seen the ruins of ancient Kemet house? Did they invent chess? If so how did it get linked to Europe? What were their cooking methods? Do modern Kemets cook the same way? Did C-sections originate with them? In addition to wearing wigs didn't they also cornrow their hair? Polish their nails? Regularly dye their hair? How were their shoes constructed?

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Posts: 71 | From: Cleve OH | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LocDiva   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wally, even though I'm not an expert I think people might be reluctant to make more posts because every time a good thread gets going some fool (Alcoholic, Afronut and others) post their dumba@@ opinions. Time is wasted responding to nonsense. I don't agree with everything that you, Doug and others say but I learn a lot each time I'm on this site. Despite all the crap, keep up the good work [Razz] [Cool] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Posts: 71 | From: Cleve OH | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LocDiva:
I have some. Were the women's clothes actually sheer?????...

The objective of this post is not to solicit topic ideas, but for
those here to post topics directly relating to Ancient Egypt.

If you have something to say then post a topic:

ie., Ancient Egyptian Women's fashions by LocDiva

P.S.: The "I don't agree with you on everything you and
Doug, and others say..." is a cop-out unless you
challenge us on these points of disagreements...

[Cool]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Diva, most of modern Egyptian food is reflected more like the Mediterranean/Arab world. However, the rural Egyptians utilize alot of the same cooking methods as their ancestors. For instance, the bread in rural areas is made in clay pots much like found in archeological remains. I suspect that the outdoor stoves used by rural Egyptians is also the same.
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
ausar wrote:

...most of modern Egyptian food is reflected more like the Mediterranean/Arab
world. However, the rural Egyptians utilize a lot of the same cooking methods
as their ancestors. For instance, the bread in rural areas is made in clay pots much
like that found in archeological remains. I suspect that the outdoor stoves used by rural
Egyptians is also the same.

Indeed, it was and shall always be the case that the fellahin - the people of the soil -
who retain the core elements of a culture; as a class it is not easily seduced by the
successive waves of colonial invaders; much of this resilience is most evident in
Upper Egypt; here are some historical foods/recipes that have survived:

Spare ribs
“Spare ribs were a very popular food, invented in Egypt,” Salima Ikram, professor
of Egyptology at the American University of Cairo

Okra (jkr)
Okra soup - Upper Egypt
Bamya weeka sa’idi (Mashed okra - upper Egyptian style)

White beans
Full Baladi Sa'idi, or Local Upper Egyptian beans

...and yes!

Betuke - Watermelon!

[Cool] Barbeque on the roof was extremely popular in Kemet

LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
To Wally: I am a student, I don't research unless it's for my own enjoyment. I believe firmly that Kemet, Kush, Punt and other localities were BLACK nations. 25 years ago I argued this point with a history instructor at Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland OH. But I don't have the time or energy to research and post results. I am happy to read others' work. I did say I learn a lot and I enjoy what I read [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
LocDiva

...fine, then why not follow Burzacott's method and post a question instead?

"Do modern Kememou cook the same way?" [Wink]

LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
Here are some: The same questions from my 1st post in this thread

--------------------
Give God The Credit

LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
Wally if you don't want to answer, fine But don't try to deride my interest or motives [Confused] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Jeeeez Diva, hold up, you're not being derided or attacked! sheesh [Smile]

I guess maybe I shoulda used the response posted by Super car who said
it best after I first broached the topic back in 2005:

(to a respondent) "with all your good intentions, the parent topic was supposed to be a suggestion."

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
I posted basic questions that came to mind. I really do enjoy reading your work,
Wally [Smile] [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok!! folks I hope this post don't prove too objectionable or frienge but it has to do with Kemetic temple science,could it be that this is what all alchemist was after all along? a video
http://www.5min.com/Video/White-Powder-Gold-Secrets-Revealed-42393859
 -

But the earliest historical record belongs to the ancient Egyptians as it appears in Their Pyramid Texts & also amid the treasures of at least one of its pharaohs. The sacred writings which adorn the 5th-dynasty pyramid tomb of King Unas at Saqqara describe a district in which Pharaoh is said to live in perpetual Godhead. This Field of Mfkzt – an otherworldly locality associated with an extra-dimensional ‘Realm of the Blessed’ can only be accessed through initiation & ingestion of the substance called Mfkzt.
Further references may be found reproduced in the bas-reliefs of the metals section, at the temple of Karnak of Pharaoh Tuthmosis III. There are various cone-shaped gold objects referred to as “white bread”. It was 1450 BC at Karnak where Tuthmosis III purportedly founded his metallurgical fraternity of Master Craftsmen known as the Great White Brotherhood. The name said to have alluded to their preoccupation with a mysterious white powder of projection.
When Archaeologist Sir William Flinders Petrie discovered an unknown Egyptian temple at the summit of Mount Serâbît in 1904 while exploring the Sinai on behalf of the Egypt Exploration Fund, he found numerous inscriptions relating to ‘mfkzt’ amongst hieroglyphs associated with light. Mirroring the Karnak reliefs, along-side a depiction of Tuthmosis IV in the presence of the goddess Hathor were representations of conical bread-cakes. Before him were two offering stands crowned with lotus flowers and behind him a man bearing a conical object described as “white bread”.
Mfkzt or white bread

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The food substance called by Egyptians 'mufukzet' was recently identified to be one and the same as the Biblical 'manna' that rained from heaven during the 'Exodus'. I remember someone posting a thread about the topic of Manna and how it was derived from an Egyptian gold smelting process, hence the nickname of 'white gold' and how the substance was baked into a kind of bread. The theory is that Moses knew of this since he was raised in the Egyptian court and used that knowledge to feed his people. It's times like this where I wished we had a search engine!! [Frown] (I tried to look for it in google the egyptsearch way but couldn't find it, perhaps because the thread is years old.)
Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried to find more information about the mufukzet on line but unfortunately much of it seems to be fringe new agey stuff that ican only post on the other side of E/S. If anyone can find a decent study on the Mufukzet,Manna or Shamana please post...for one it supposedly was the stuff that they used to power the Ark which was of Kemetic origins
 -  -

Why is this important to The Ark of the Covenant? The reason is because the space between the angels in Hebrew, as we noted above was Kippur. In Hebrew, which doesn’t have vowels written out, only has the consonants: KPR. I find it highly coincidental that the Hebrew Torah describes the space between the two Cherubim as KPR and that there is a frequent theme in Egyptian art in which a KPR, or Khepera, has two divine beings usually with outstretched wings. In fact, the very word Cherubim is probably derived from the Egyptian word Cheriu, or Heriu, which meant “those from above” or “heavenly beings”.

As a result, we should suspect that the real Ark of the Covenant would have looked more Egyptian in nature, most likely with a Khepera beetle, or scarab, between the two Cherubim. This makes additional sense in that the High Priest only accessed the Ark of the Covenant one time per year, and that time was at the “revolution” of the year, or the beginning of the new year. Recall, the Egyptian word Khepera means “revolution” or “renewal”. So, at the beginning of the new year, the High Priest would go in and ceremonially perform a ritual act to signify the end of the old and the beginning, or renewal, of a new year.
www.alexmayers.com/

But how could it be used as a food to regenerate cells and what not and as a weapon of minor destruction at the sametime?

ADDIS ABABA – The head of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia has stated that the Ark of the Covenant will be revealed to the public.
Abuna Pauolos is in Vatican City this week, meeting with Pope Benedict XVI. It is from this holy city that Pauolos confirmed the Ark of the Covenant’s presence in Ethiopia, and that he will be announcing its unveiling this Friday: “Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that God delivered to Moses and the center of searches and studies for centuries.”

The Ark is a sacred container written of in the Old Testament. It is said to contain the original Ten Commandments tablets, as well as some manna, the mythical food that the Israelites ate while wandering through the desert.

It was made of wood, but covered in pure gold. On top, two cherubim faced each other, their wings outspread to form the “throne of God”. It’s supposed weight has been widely debated, with numbers ranging from 180 to 8,000 pounds!

Theologians have never been able to agree on the Ark’s fate, but many believe Menelik I brought it to Ethiopia. Menelik was the son of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba, and was the first Jewish emperor of Ethiopia.
 -
Today, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church boasts that it sits under lock and key in the Chapel of the Tablet, near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion. It is only used occasionally in ritual processions, but almost no one has seen it, let alone gotten photographic evidence.

Said Pauolos, “The Ark of the Covenant is in Ethiopia for many centuries. As a patriarch I have seen it with my own eyes and only few highly qualified persons could do the same, until now.”

Even UFOlogists are excited, as some believe the Ark is an example of alien intervention in ancient times. They interpret its its supernatural aspects literally, such as that the operator had to wear a special gem-adorned breastplate, or that it could be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

The world anxiously awaits his announcement tomorrow. But will it be the real Ark, or just a hoax?
Today, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church boasts that it sits under lock and key in the Chapel of the Tablet, near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion. It is only used occasionally in ritual processions, but almost no one has seen it, let alone gotten photographic evidence.

Said Pauolos, “The Ark of the Covenant is in Ethiopia for many centuries. As a patriarch I have seen it with my own eyes and only few highly qualified persons could do the same, until now.”

Even UFOlogists are excited, as some believe the Ark is an example of alien intervention in ancient times. They interpret its its supernatural aspects literally, such as that the operator had to wear a special gem-adorned breastplate, or that it could be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

The world anxiously awaits his announcement tomorrow. But will it be the real Ark, or just a hoax?
www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOqLpT6HKzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgbX0TjY0jA
History ch. video about the Ark.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ As I said, there was an excellent science article posted in this forum which explained what manna/mufukzet was, but it was a couple of years back or so, meaning it's buried somewhere in the archives. You're gonna have to look there, or do a harder look in the net. If you do a google search, I suggest you look under keywords like 'gold' or 'white gold' and 'manna'.
Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Ahh..DJ no luck even tried combination white gold manna and Egyptsearch...not a thing. but lots of stuff about Annunnaki and that kind of stuff.. [Frown]
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...fellas, wouldn't it be far easier to look it up in the hieroglyphic dictionary?

Manna from heaven!
---

Amakheri - the white manna tree, balsam

Mannu - gum, resin, manna

Mannu hedj - white manna, a kind of drug

Mannu n djah - manna from the country east/north-east of the Delta

Manini - drug from Phoenicia or Arabia used in mummification

[Wink] ..."spiritual food" indeed... [Cool]

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Hi Wally!! also how do you difine ‘mfkzt’ ..? white gold powder..

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com