EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Beja: Closest relatives to the Ancient Egyptians (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Beja: Closest relatives to the Ancient Egyptians
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beja People of Sudan, Eritrea and Egypt are an ancient people, who are
linguistically, the closest kin to the ancient Egyptians. It is said that there is as
much as a 70% correspondence between the Beja language and Ancient Egyptian!

-
BEJA GIRL

The presence of the Beja people can be traced as far back as pre-dynasty times; their
proud and uniquely huge crown of fuzzy hair (tiffa) was first recorded in Ancient
Egyptian rock paintings.

-
BEJA YOUTH SPORTING THE TIFFA

Egyptologist, Emile Brugsch traced the clan of the Khawr kiji Beja through the
matriarchal Female line to the 20th Dynasty.

The Khawr kiji Beja themselves claim their Ancestress Maternally was the Mother
of an even earlier Dynasty.

In Ancient Egypt the Beja were known as the people of Ta-Seti - "People of the
Land of the Bow" - and were renowned in Ancient Egypt for their skill with this
weapon...
---
The Beja was a formidable force in multi-ethnic Ancient Egypt as the "Prophecy of
Neferti", written for King SnoFru of the 4th Dynasty suggests:
quote:
Then a King will come from the South, Amen the Justified by name.
Son of a Ta-seti Woman, a child of Upper Egypt..
He will take the White Crown and He will wear the Red Crown, He will join the two Mighty Ones..
Rejoice O’ People of his time..
The Son of woman, will make his name for all Eternity !

Asiatic invaders will fall to his Sword..
Libyans will fall to his Flame..
Rebels to his wrath , Traitors to his Might !
As the serpent on his brow, subdue the rebels for him..

One will build the Walls -of- the- Ruler to Bar Asiatics from entering Egypt..

-
BEJA MAN

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a popular growing trend among linguists to classify To-Bedawi (the Beja language) as closer related to Egyptian if not being between Egyptian and Cushitic as opposed to being a member of Cushitic as it once was classed.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
There is a popular growing trend among linguists to classify To-Bedawi (the Beja language) as closer related to Egyptian if not being between Egyptian and Cushitic as opposed to being a member of Cushitic as it once was classed.

Right...

and with such a high percentage of correspondence between 'To Bedawi' or Beja and
Mdu Ntr, wouldn't this qualify 'To Bedawi' as a dialect of Mdu Ntr along with
Bohairic, Sahidic...?

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jari Judah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice thread.

I am born of the Beja and Eritrea tribes of Sudan. I myself did a post asking if anyone of the African-American posters could trace their history back to Egypt. Not one person could give me evidence of such things. Not one has even tried to trace their own history to Africa. Repeating that same old line that everyone comes from Africa is all they seem to care about, but what part of Africa never seems to grace their mind.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asar Imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@DhulAlQarnain, I would suggest you research the Trans Atlantic Slave Holocaust. Very few African Americans can trace their direct lineage. It is all a part of the sad history of slavery.

Have you ever read about slavery? Do you know anything about African-Americans?

And if you knew anything about migrations and linguistics you'd know that the Grand Luba people are descendants of ancient Egyptians and a large part of African Americans are Tshiluba.

Posts: 853 | From: Houston | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DhulAlQarnain If you want to disucss more than just Kemet go here,just sign-up and log-in..
http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DhulAlQarnain:
Nice thread.

I am born of the Beja and Eritrea tribes of Sudan. I myself did a post asking if anyone of the African-American posters could trace their history back to Egypt. Not one person could give me evidence of such things. Not one has even tried to trace their own history to Africa. Repeating that same old line that everyone comes from Africa is all they seem to care about, but what part of Africa never seems to grace their mind.

Do Beja trace themselves back to ancient Egypt, Dhul al Karnein? just wondering.

The people that came to Africa that came to America were composed of people from different parts of Africa East, West north and south. That is only known from early colonial sources and new dna evidence not from genealogy tracing.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
DhulAlQarnain If you want to disucss more than just Kemet go here,just sign-up and log-in..

NO! All that guy does is complain, he offers no scholarly input whatsoever. Let him stay here. [Roll Eyes]

In any event, this paper may be of relevant importance to this thread: Meroitic as an Afroasiatic language - Kristy Rowan

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
DhulAlQarnain,
...please ignore those who would take this thread off topic...

Since you are of Beja descent, do you speak To Bedawi? If you do, then you
can be of immense help in elaborating on this topic
if you can provide us
with To Bedawi words for such core items as: sky, earth, sun, water, people, man,
woman, pretty, good, evil, soul, place, etc...

As you are new here, I have already addressed your concerns about African Americans
in http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006540;p=1

What is important to this topic is a list of To Bedawi words - can you supply them?

AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AswaniAswad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundjata thats a good one thanks.

I always wondered if there has been a clear study into the similarities between Nubian,Nara,and Kunama langauges.

From my understanding the closest thing to Meroe was Nara.

Nara and kunama two languages spoken in Eritrea but the Nara claim they use to live in Sudan in the area of meroe.

Im not sure but is it Mr. Winters or Mr. Washington who claim they have deciphered Meroitic i dont know but i was speaking to another scholar who presented me with research about the similarities between Saho Afar and Cushitic elements in Beja.

Posts: 410 | From: Al-Ard | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ameny-ra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@dulalQarnain "I myself did a post, asking if anyone of the African American posters could trace their history back to Egypt"

This gives a little input on that.

Jeremiah 46:19, O though daughter dwelling in Egypt, furnish thyself to go into Captivity: for Noph (Thebes) shall be waste and desolate without an inhabitant.

Ezekiel 30:12, And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the LAND (Egypt) into the hand of the Wicked (Assyrians): and I will make the Land waste, and all that is therein, by the hand of STRANGERS:I the Lord have spoken it.

Ezkekiel 30:23 and 26, And I will scatter the EGYPTIANS among the Nations and will disperse them through the countries.

-

Posts: 53 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:

NO! All that guy does is complain, he offers no scholarly input whatsoever. Let him stay here. [Roll Eyes]

In any event, this paper may be of relevant importance to this thread: Meroitic as an Afroasiatic language - Kristy Rowan

Exactly glad Im not the only one who see this..
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:

And who are you to judge who is "scholarly", much less who should post when and where? This just proves that all the shallow snobbery, malice and other "issues" on ES will simply be transferred to reloaded.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jari Judah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to sound like Im singing the same tune, but what part of any of this information you guys have posted have traced any of you people back to Egypt?
Lets not go in circles as if i said that African-American "do not" have history in Egypt. What i said is that none of you have any proof that you do. So you could be of a number of tribes rich or poor, and since it seems that the Egyptians are the only people that has been labeled "Great" by westerners, African-American people began cling to it, and try to gain weight from this position.Look at how many people you guys actually think are smart on this forum? Just because you look up to these people and back up their postions do not make them smarter than anyone else here.
These people are not professionals, or they would be doing something professional. Not here everyday with this "Yes it is" "No it isnt" bullcrap with all the trolls. They would have abandoned this site and went to a place more worthy of discussions.
I had read alot of post here way before i decided to actually sign up, and post a thread.

My question is:
Its over 5,000 tribes in Africa, how can you all happen to be of the same tribe(Egypt)? Like i said,the hell with the poster who say all this rhetoric about how me complaining. No, complaining is what you guys are doing because none of you have an answer to where you actually came from.

Lets not make this into a pity party, i have not offered any scholarly input because every single thread that is on this board is full of repeated argumentive debates that go nowhere but in circles or some wothless crap that i dont even wish to entertain. But you want me to join you? No, im not that type of person that gets fixated on things that can do me no good, as you have grown accustomed to do. You guys are uncomfortable about the question i posed? Why?

You either do know or you dont know, but I find it quite odd for someone to be fixated on someone elses history and accomplishments and not in his own.
Like claiming you come from somewhere you have no proof of.

That my only gripe. Now prove it!

Posts: 116 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ameny-ra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@DhulAlQarnain

African Americans really don't have to show you nothing, because the facts speak for itself, and frankly, we can't be sure that you are even a real Beja, because it is always the invaders who talk negative against other Africans, so I do not believe you are a real Beja, because I know for a fact, that you will side with a Arab, Euro or Asiatic invader over a fellow African, We don't need to proove nothing to you, The languages in West Africa says it all, the Beja and Coptic is not the only language that is close to ancient Egyptian, you have in west Africa, the Fula,Hausa,Wolof and Tuareg languages that are all Afro-Asiatic Hamitic languages and of course the Bible tells our story.with that said,we don't have to be born in Egypt, to be a descendant of the ancient Egyptians, not everyone in Egypt can trace their story in the Bible, only the Africans who were enslaved and scatter through the Nations, and if you live in Egypt today, unfortunately it is not refering to you.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

Posts: 53 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Right...

and with such a high percentage of correspondence between 'To Bedawi' or Beja and
Mdu Ntr, wouldn't this qualify 'To Bedawi' as a dialect of Mdu Ntr along with
Bohairic, Sahidic...?

LOL Sorry, but the relation is not that close. To Bedawi is not a dialect of Egyptian but its own separate language that as I said shows affinities to both Cushitic as well as Egyptian.

I will say that Mdu Ntr or the ancient Egyptian language is the only Afrasian subfamily or branch thus far that consists of only a single language. This goes back to my point and that of other scholars that Mdu Ntr must have been more diverse than previously thought with separate dialects and who knows, even entire languages though non known have yet to be found.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

Last time I checked, the Beja people are claiming to be Arab descent, please tell me, what is up with that, there is some confusion going on here,so your the one that has some explaining to do, because it really seems like, that there no descendants of ancient Egyptians in Egypt, and it was already admitted by a well Coptic scholar, that the Copts are descendants of Mediterraneans, so who are these invaders that invaded Egypt, because every Arab looking or Persian looking Egyptian is claiming to be a descendant of the Pharaohs and it all just sound like a bunch of nonsense.And also explain why the Beja who are the closest to the ancient Egyptians are claiming to be Arab, so come on man, tell us what's up, we want the TRUTH.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:
Nice thread.

Do Beja trace themselves back to ancient Egypt, Dhul al Karnein? just wondering.

The people that came to Africa that came to America were composed of people from different parts of Africa East, West north and south. That is only known from early colonial sources and new dna evidence not from genealogy tracing.

I don't know why people entertain this strawman idea that African Americans in general trace direct lineal ancestry from Egypt. It's true that while the bulk of African American ancestry comes from Western and Central Africa, there is some ancestry from other regions, though I think northeast Africa particularly the Sudan and Egypt region is highly unlikely. For one reason, many peoples in this area were already in a state of enslavement as it was from foreign Arab-Syrian elites. I personally know of no African Americans who claim direct descent from Egypt, but they do acknowledge kinship as Africans and why not. Again, with all the Western focus on Greece you would think there are whites in the West who claim ancestry from Greece!
ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
"Ethnically, the Copts were neither Semitic nor Hamitic, but may be described as the descendants of a Mediterranean Race that entered the Nile Valley in unrecorded times"...Aziz Atiya, The Copts and Christian Civilization (1979)

AZIZ ATIYA is a Copt himself, so why he admitted that the Copts are not descendants of the ancient Egyptians, can anyone get a little deeper, because he doesn't fully explain it all the way.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ameny-ra:
@DhulAlQarnain

Last time I checked, the Beja people are claiming to be Arab descent, please tell me, what is up with that, there is some confusion going on here,so your the one that has some explaining to do, because it really seems like, that there no descendants of ancient Egyptians in Egypt, and it was already admitted by a well Coptic scholar, that the Copts are descendants of Mediterraneans, so who are these invaders that invaded Egypt, because every Arab looking or Persian looking Egyptian is claiming to be a descendant of the Pharaohs and it all just sound like a bunch of nonsense.And also explain why the Beja who are the closest to the ancient Egyptians are claiming to be Arab, so come on man, tell us what's up, we want the TRUTH.

............................Not a clue.

Keeping calling yourself more Egyptian than the true Africans that live in Egypt today. It will make you feel better. How can you say you are closer to the Africans that have never left this country. You sound like a European.

Furthermore you claim all these other tribes were close to the Egyptians, but which one do you belong to. Let me guess? You dont know? Right

My point exactly, you African-American are just as pathetic as the European.
Furthermore, I know you dont have to prove anything to me, Hell, you cant even prove it to yourself, let alone anyone else, but here you go on an Egyptian rant. LMAO

What makes you think i have to lie and distort my cultural history to appease you. I myself, a Beja do not feel as if you are my brother. You may have African blood but you also have you slave master blood, and that is where we depart.

This is to you:

Amsi sabtu, subtu

Hinin gawkinaaba Beja.
Baraakna gawkinaabaana slavemaster.
Bariihooda bahasaaya!
Baruuk gwadoon teefaya

ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

But the Europeans know who they are, and the Africans in America, we were stripped of our Identity, just like you say African Americans don't know if we come from ancient Egyptians but at the same time, you dont know if our ancestors were even native to West Africa, so I rather go by the Bible prophecies and were does my ancestors fit into that, and more likely the Africans in America are more African than some Africans in Africa especially North Africa, because there were probaly more Arab and Asiatic invasion into Africa, than there were African slaves tooken from Africa, Im not to certain on that but I know for dam sure, that African Americans are more African than the people of Cairo and Morrocco.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
What about the rape invasion of your slave master.

Dont think it made you who you are.

So now African-American are more native to Africa than the Africans that never left?

I cant entertain such stupidity.

Im going to leave you alone, you too stupid for you own good.

ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

And why the so called descendants of ancient Egyptians in Egypt, never get outraged by some of the hanious and dishorable acts that Eurocentics pull, like for example,putting the Mummies on display and know good'n well, that it is forbidden by the Pharaohs, and Use the tombs and Pyramids for tourist attractions, which is also forbidden by the Pharaohs and lastly, using white Turks to portray the Pharaohs and not using Upper Egyptians who looked like the Pharaohs, you so-called modern Egyptians are really making me sick, because you claiming to be a descendant of the Pharaohs, like it's a trophy for you to claim the glory of Egypt but you don't live or act like a true descendant, and that is why I question who you say your really are.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

Europeans Faggotonius
Member # 17517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Europeans Faggotonius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ameny-ra:
@DhulAlQarnain

But the Europeans know who they are, and the Africans in America, we were stripped and fucked of our Identity, just like you say African Americans don't know if we come from ancient Egyptians but at the same time we claim it, you dont know if our ancestors were even native to West Africa, so I rather go by the fake Bible prophecies and were does my ancestors fit into that, no where, and more likely the Africans in America are more African than some Africans in JIggaboo especially White Africa, because there were probaly more Arab and Asiatic invasion into Africa, than there were African slaves tooken from Africa, Im not to certain on that but I know for dam sure, that African Americans are more African than the people of Cairo and Morrocco.

This fool is retarded. Look at him lil retardo.
Posts: 416 | From: Solar System | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

Spoken like a true Loser, why leave me alone, if you feel I am stupid, then proove me to be stupid, don't run like a coward, because you haven't prooved nothing yet.

ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

You talking all this non sense like you know it all, then maybe you can answer this question for me, We all know the Narmer smited the Asiatics and unified Upper and Lower Egypt.We all know that the Mentuhotep also re-unified Egypt and defeated the Asiatics, and then Amenemhet 1 saved Egypt from the Asiatics and Libyans.We also know that Kamose and Ahmose expelled the Hyksos and brought Egypt back to it's glory.We all know that the Kushites of the 25th dynasty saved and restored Egypt, and the last Pharaoh Nectanebo 2 fled to Nubia, but after those Assyrian,Persian, Greek, Roman and Arab invasions, please tell me when native Egyptians took back Egypt, until you know the answer to that question,No one really knows who's who, because that's how bad the invasions into Africa were, but I can tell for a fact, that NATIVE EGYPTIANS never took back Egypt after those later Asiatic,Euro-Medish and Arab invasions.So what now, your gonna run or be a man and tell the truth.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

And not all ancient Egyptians looked like the Beja, take a good look at the Sphinx and the face of Narmer, they don't look like Bejas, both look more like Bantu West Africans or Twa Pygmies, who are still African in way of life and not Arabized like the Beja.

ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

Some of us African Americans really don't care if we are descendants of ancient Egyptians or not, but that doesn't change the fact, that we are African people and Egypt is African history, and white Supremist have been trying so hard to take Egypt out of Africa, and the only one who really stood up to these White Supremist Devils was the GREAT Cheikh Anti Diop, who is West African by the way, but most Beja's,Somalis and Ethiopians I meet, always seem to hate it when Africans are taking pride in Nile Valley history but even most of you are more mixed than the people of west Africa, so what is really your problem,are you AFRICAN or are you ARAB, which one.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry to sound like Im singing the same tune, but what part of any of this information you guys have posted have traced any of you people back to Egypt?
Lets not go in circles as if i said that African-American "do not" have history in Egypt. What i said is that none of you have any proof that you do. So you could be of a number of tribes rich or poor, and since it seems that the Egyptians are the only people that has been labeled "Great" by westerners, African-American people began cling to it, and try to gain weight from this position.Look at how many people you guys actually think are smart on this forum? Just because you look up to these people and back up their postions do not make them smarter than anyone else here.
These people are not professionals, or they would be doing something professional. Not here everyday with this "Yes it is" "No it isnt" bullcrap with all the trolls. They would have abandoned this site and went to a place more worthy of discussions.
I had read alot of post here way before i decided to actually sign up, and post a thread.

My question is:
Its over 5,000 tribes in Africa, how can you all happen to be of the same tribe(Egypt)? Like i said,the hell with the poster who say all this rhetoric about how me complaining. No, complaining is what you guys are doing because none of you have an answer to where you actually came from.

Lets not make this into a pity party, i have not offered any scholarly input because every single thread that is on this board is full of repeated argumentive debates that go nowhere but in circles or some wothless crap that i dont even wish to entertain. But you want me to join you? No, im not that type of person that gets fixated on things that can do me no good, as you have grown accustomed to do. You guys are uncomfortable about the question i posed? Why?

You either do know or you dont know, but I find it quite odd for someone to be fixated on someone elses history and accomplishments and not in his own.
Like claiming you come from somewhere you have no proof of.

That my only gripe. Now prove it!

Dude, Who the **** care what the **** you think..???? Ever thought about that fucking Arab bitch...
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People Refresh yourself on positivity not negativity.

Why attack AA for learning about Africa and Egypt?

The people have to stop trying to divide each other and seek what unites all of us. Whether Black or White etc we are all under corrupt people who keep us busy at each others throats while they continue to destroy our Earth. Just look at Brazil, The government wants to put a Dam in Amazon areas destroying the lively hood of Native Americans and others who live there and also ruin the wildlife that lives in the Amazon. I will post the Article about the Brazil Dam in another post.

So people I ask that we show love for each other and understand that we have more in common then different. We all try to get by in this cold war. If you have Food to eat, Clothes to wear, and a place to stay, there is no reason why we can't spread a little bit of happiness to our fellow posters. Like the Bible says there is nothing better then to have Brethern to dwell together in Unity.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right here is the story about Brazil Amazon rainforest and what may happen to it if the people don't unite and stand up for mother Earth. God said he would punish those who harm Mother Earth and yet people still wipe out animals and plant life like it's going out of style. Pure Sadness:

Brazil judge overturns delay for bidding on controversial Amazon dam

BRASILIA, Brazil - A judge on Friday overturned a decision that could have delayed construction of a huge Amazon dam opposed by environmentalists, Indians and the director of "Avatar."

The judge in the capital of Brasilia reversed a decision to suspend contract bidding scheduled for next week and also overturned the suspension of the environmental license for the 11,000-megawatt Belo Monte dam, according to a statement from Brazil's solicitor general.

A spokeswoman for Brazil's electricity regulator, known as Aneel, said that plans were being made to hold the auction as planned for Tuesday but that the latest decision could be appealed. She spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with policy.

"Avatar" director James Cameron was in Brazil this week to protest the dam, and the decision to delay bidding came on Wednesday.

Environmentalists and indigenous groups say Belo Monte would devastate wildlife and the livelihoods of 40,000 people who live in the area to be flooded. They also argue that the energy generated by the dam will largely go to big mining operations, instead of benefiting most Brazilians.

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has repeatedly insisted that the dam is essential for Brazil's future energy needs.

Latin America's largest nation has a fragile energy grid that was hit last year by a blackout that darkened much of the nation. Belo Monte would supply 6 per cent of the country's electricity needs by 2014, the same year Brazil will host soccer's World Cup and just two years before Rio de Janeiro holds the 2016 Olympics.

Cameron this week called the proposed dam a "pivotal battleground" because it will set the stage for development of more dams.

He took part in a protest against the dam in Brasilia and visited with Indians in the small Amazon city of Altamira near the proposed dam site.

Associated Press Writer Alan Clendenning contributed from Sao Paulo.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/entertainment/article/503742--brazil-judge-overturns-delay-for-bidding-on-controversial-amazon-dam

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Looks as though the 'children' here have, once again, glommed onto another topic of mine!

glom: to latch onto something, steal, grab, attach something that is totally irrelevant to the topic...

quote:
The Beja People of Sudan, Eritrea and Egypt are an ancient people, who are
linguistically, the closest kin to the ancient Egyptians. It is said that there is as
much as a 70% correspondence between the Beja language and Ancient Egyptian!

-
BEJA GIRL

The presence of the Beja people can be traced as far back as pre-dynasty times; their
proud and uniquely huge crown of fuzzy hair (tiffa) was first recorded in Ancient
Egyptian rock paintings.

-
BEJA YOUTH SPORTING THE TIFFA

Egyptologist, Emile Brugsch traced the clan of the Khawr kiji Beja through the
matriarchal Female line to the 20th Dynasty.

The Khawr kiji Beja themselves claim their Ancestress Maternally was the Mother
of an even earlier Dynasty.

In Ancient Egypt the Beja were known as the people of Ta-Seti - "People of the
Land of the Bow" - and were renowned in Ancient Egypt for their skill with this
weapon...
---
The Beja was a formidable force in multi-ethnic Ancient Egypt as the "Prophecy of
Neferti", written for King SnoFru of the 4th Dynasty suggests:
quote:
Then a King will come from the South, Amen the Justified by name.
Son of a Ta-seti Woman, a child of Upper Egypt..
He will take the White Crown and He will wear the Red Crown, He will join the two Mighty Ones..
Rejoice O’ People of his time..
The Son of woman, will make his name for all Eternity !

Asiatic invaders will fall to his Sword..
Libyans will fall to his Flame..
Rebels to his wrath , Traitors to his Might !
As the serpent on his brow, subdue the rebels for him..

One will build the Walls -of- the- Ruler to Bar Asiatics from entering Egypt..

-
BEJA MAN

Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
Its obvious to me that some of you African-American have reading and comprehension skills.

You guys talk about Africa as if you actually think that people in Africa care about the American Negro sitting at home on his computer having internet wars about African cultures.

Face it, the Africans could care less about what you or white people think about Egypt. I myself have seen the Pyramids in Egypt and in Sudan many times in my life, I know the truth. We over here in Africa have never had to prove that the Egyptians were Black Africans or that we have descendants from Egypt, you have to prove that to your white brethren. You know, that side of your family heritage you choose to want to keep quiet about? We havent had to prove to any whiteman, who we are. We do not, and have not, had to indure a culturally biased system, who has in the past and continues to force upon us and our children false history and doctrines brainwashing us as a people. We see the evidence everyday, our children see it, where you can only google photos and imagine at what life in Africa is about.
I never once said that Egyptians let alone "all Egytptians" as you put it, look like the Beja, so where did you get that from?
Furthermore I never claimed to be Egyptian, I am Beja,and Eritrean by blood, and it is that bloodline that ties my family to Egypt, but I would not say , to any of the Pharoahs or nothing like that because soomething like that can never be proven as long as the arab is in Egypt.

I dont live in Egypt and I dont claim to be Egyptian. I dont have internet war with internet gangs, that last for years about Egyptian History or anything, because culture heisting is not my fixation.

So if you, would you either learn to read or comprehend because one of the two is affecting the other, and stop posting stuff that I am not saying trying to be deceptive in your attempt to drag me off topic, its not going to work!

Like I said you cant prove something that we all know you dont know.
If you did know you would! Trust me its a good feeling!

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Its obvious to me that some of you African-American have reading and comprehension skills...

jeeeze...

Can you for a moment set aside your ethnic chauvinism at least long enough
for you to objectively respond to a simple request that I made?

quote:
Since you are of Beja descent, do you speak To Bedawi? If you do, then you
can be of immense help in elaborating on this topic if you can provide us
with To Bedawi words for such core items as: sky, earth, sun, water, people, man,
woman, pretty, good, evil, soul, place, etc...
What is important to this topic is a list of To Bedawi words - can you supply them?

The classification of African languages is NOT something set in stone by White,
western "experts", it is a work in progress...you know modern 21st century stuff...

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti chopsticked:
quote:
Sudan and Egypt region is highly unlikely. For one reason, many peoples in this area were already in a state of enslavement as it was from foreign Arab-Syrian elites.
This is further proof that this boy makes things up. This is one of the most unscholarly people to have ever posted on this forum.

Djehuti, we're waiting for you to provide evidence to back up your fictional statement above.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...this post, from "Ancient Egyptians and African Americans", actually belongs here...

quote:
quote:
man=tak
woman=takat
mountain=ribaab
water=yam
boy=oot
girl=oor
soul=Gin'a
Good= Da ayiitu
place= Di'iy-a

Wait a minute what is the point of all of this?
What are you looking for or to decipher? Is it something written in Beni-Amer or another tribe.
Like most countries, we speak alot of slang so some things are called by many different things.

The point of all of this is science - the empirical verification of the evidence...

For example, you have provided some words which we will accept as factual
in To Bedawi...

let us take your first word;

man = tak

- now in the Mdu Ntr we have

man = tha

let us take your second word;

place = Di'y-a

- now in the Mdu Ntr we have

place = dje

Now we don't all have to work at NASA in order to see the genetic relationship
between these two examples; so please give this forum a more extensive
To Bedawi vocabulary...please...this is incredibly wonderful!

[Cool]

WWJD(The Truth)
Member # 17579

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WWJD(The Truth)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have analyzed Y-chromosome diversity in the western Mediterranean area, examining p49a,f TaqI haplotype V and subhaplotypes Vb (Berber) and Va (Arab). A total of 2,196 unrelated DNA samples, belonging to 22 populations from North Africa and the southern Mediterranean coast of occidental Europe, have been typed. Subhaplotype Vb, predominant in a Berber population of Morocco (63.5%), was also found at high frequencies in southern Portugal (35.9%) and Andalusia (25.4%). Phuck You Nigger The Arab subhaplotype Va, predominant in Algeria (0.9%) and Tunisia (0.6%), was also found at a relatively high frequency in Sicily (23.1%) and Naples (16.4%); its highest frequency in Iberia was in northern Portugal (22.8%) and Andalusia (15.5%). In Iberia there is a gradient of decreasing frequencies in latitude for both subhaplotypes Va and Vb, related to eight centuries of Europeans domination (8th to 15th centuries) in southern Iberia.

During the 7th century A.D., European people coming from the Arabian peninsula and the Middle East invaded North Phuck You Nigger Africa. The most important population movement relating both sides of the Mediterranean Sea was the conquest of the Iberian peninsula by North African populations (with recruited Berbers), soon after the first European invasion. More than eight centuries (8th to 15th centuries) of European domination in the southern part of Iberia imparted an important cultural legacy (Conrad 1998) and probable gene exchanges between North African and Iberian populations.

Variations in DNA sequences specific to the nonrecombinant part Phuck You Nigger of the Y chromosome, relating to paternal ancestry, are particularly interesting from a human population genetics point of view. The first published and most informative probe used in Southern blots for this objective is p49 (locus DYSl), which is able to identify at last five TaqI male-specific fragments (A, C, D, F, and I) that are polymorphic between individuals (Lucotte and Ngo 1985). Sixteen main corresponding haplotypes (numbered I-XVI) were identified using the p49 probe on DNA samples of unrelated males living in France (Ngo et al. 1986). Phuck You Nigger Only recently has the molecular basis of the p49 TaqI polymorphisms been established (Jovelin et al. 2003); the polymorphisms correspond to variable TaqI sites located in the four DAZ genes located in the AZF-c region of the Y chromosome.

In fact, the conventional p49 TaqI polymorphisms were the most popular markers used in various populations because of their ability to detect more than 100 different haplotypes [for a compilation on the subject until the end of 1995, see Poloni et al. (1997)]. Haplotype XV (A3,C1,D2,F1,I1) was the most widespread haplotype in our initial study (Ngo et al. 1986). Haplotype XV was also predominant in the first European study we published (Lucotte and Hazout 1996), with elevated frequencies in French Basques. The geographic distribution of haplotype XV in Europe reveals a gradient of decreasing frequencies from this Basque focus toward eastern peripheral countries (Lucotte and Loirat 1999) but also toward southwestern countries. According to the Y Chromosome Consortium (2002) nomenclature, haplotype XV corresponds to the M173 lineage (Diéterlen and Lucotte 2005). Phuck You Nigglets

Posts: 81 | From: Holy Lands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ I see your hatred of blacks had driven you to the point of insanity. Of course the above does not change the fact that indigenous North Africans were black including the Egyptians and that the Beja are technically speaking their closest relatives as well as the Nubians. [Wink]

So you can go PHUCK yourself. [Smile]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was not Mazigh who's poste here for years.

Paying attention to the member # and the exact
spelling of the username will alert you to an
identity thieving troller and safe you grief.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Yes, I noticed the period at the end of the screen name this time. It matters not anyway, because the moderators (when they return) will delete their nonsense.

It amazes me the levels of both stupidity and insanity these creatures have. [Embarrassed]

ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

I apologize If I offended you in any kind of way, but my point to you is that, not every African American is trying to claim Egypt as their own, I myself believe the Beja are the closest to the ancient Egyptians and I believe that the Beja should be recognized for that, but at the same time, there were also Congo type Egyptians as well (The Sphinx),and it is historical fact that Egyptians migrated to other parts of Africa and some remained in Egypt, it's a big mystery but my point is, if we can exclude out the White LIES of the ancient Egyptians,like there were NO White Egyptians, the Near East Asiatics and Arab Sand Dwellers were the prime enemies of the darker brown Egyptians and Egyptians had a close Alliance with Black skinned Nubians against Asiatic Enemies but NO WHITES were in the picture, if everyone can accept that fact, then the history of ancient Egypt will start to make sense.my example v.
v
v

-

ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
Just like the hair of the Ginger mummy is identical to the Beja, than it is to Europeans or West Asians.

-

-

IamNomad
Member # 17656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IamNomad         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dhulqarnayn = Alexander the great( Greek).

Why trolls have to hide behind what they are not?

Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nomad, AE's are north african caucasians much more closely related to syrians, libyans and other med peoples.
Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IamNomad
Member # 17656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IamNomad         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hammer

That is what you believe I don't. do you have any evidance to back up your claim?

Your man enough to state what you believe I respect that unlike Dhulqarnayn pretending what he is not so he can attack like the coward he is the unsuspecting African-Americans.

Every post he posted until now is veiled attack of african-americans WHY?

Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Nomad, nevermind Hammered. He is just an ignorant white American. He has no idea that "caucasian" is a debunked racial term or that the classification of "North African caucasians" include peoples like the Beja and even Nubians! You can read more about this in the in my thread on the historiography of Egypt here. Unfortunately the trolls who are threatened by TRUTH attempt to pollute and desecrate that thread as they do this entire forum. [Embarrassed]
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti does not even understand what genetics people mean when they say race does not matter. In fact Djehuti is onsumed with race from the time he gets up in the morning till he goes to bed at night. His blackness is the most important thing in his life. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
^First of all, Dhul Al Qarnain has not been proven to be Alexander the Great, Greek, Arab, or anything else. The Quran make mention of him, and other than what is mentioned in the Quran nothing else is really valid. Only "arab" propaganda and wishful thinking is what this is and it has seemed to have caught your interest. Most "arab" scholars agree on what they want you to beleive, but other Africans and non arabs have taken a more realistic approach.

"Some sources say that it could have been the Persian King Cryus the Great or the Macedonian King Alexander the Great. Either of the two are only assumptions. The problem is, that Alexander was a pagan and beleived in Grecian gods. So how could he be the man of faith quoted from the Quran? Alexander did not brake down any barrier between the Gog and the Magog. On the otherhand all that is known about Alexanders is that he was a lofty man with loft ideas, and a homsexual in preference which is totally against the laws of God. Like i said here before he died over three centuries before the time of Jesus, and in the Ethiopian traditional stories he was represented as a great prophet, so someone is propogating a lie."

Now, you can continue to make your wild claim about who I am, because unlike you, it doesnt bother me at all, I know where i come from and exactly who my ancestor are and where they come from. Unlike your "Afripean" Heritage that you seem to care nothing about, other than how it can link yourself to someone elses culture and accomplishments, other than the undocumented accomplishments of the ex-slaves you have become associated with. How about not trying to do your best to make yourself feel better about yourself, by trying to disrespect me. Maybe you should throw all that energy into finding out who you are. It is only the Afripeans who love to shout out, how us Africans are this, and how we are that, when in fact, you really dont have a clue about Africa History at all.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, IamNomad, or whatever you want to call yourself, you should maybe work on your reading and comprehension skills. I have not attacked anyone, only merely asked a question that most of you Afripeans dont know the answer to. That is why it is such a issue to the Afripeans, and all others who know not who they are.

And after saying all that,the question to you is, who the hell are you ancestors, and why in the world are you trying to argue with me when you yourself have you not even tried to find out where you come from. I wondered why no one here knows anything at all about themselves after posting that thread, but now, I know exactly why. Too busy arguing in circles with people anytime someone poses a question that you have not answer to, and too much arguing about Egypt.

Is that good enough for you? Does that sum it all up?

WWJD(The Truth)
Member # 17579

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WWJD(The Truth)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IamNomad:
Dhulqarnayn = Alexander the great( Greek).

Why trolls have to hide behind what they are not?

Phuck "IamNomad" this dickeating pussy whipped nigger faced nigglet. This guy is a total troll. I had a run in with him where he was talking nonsense on nother post.

This guy is IanNomad is Dirk8, me and him work together. But IamNomad is a real dickeater.

Nevermind his post. Anyone who doesnt know this guy is a troll, is way lame!

Posts: 81 | From: Holy Lands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
@DhulAlQarnain

"Now the Egyptians, before the reign of King Psammetichus (664-610 B.C.E), believed themselves to be the most ancient of mankind"...Herodotus, 450 B.C.E (The Histories Book 2,2.2)

This prooves that the Egyptians before 664 B.C.E was a different kind of Egyptians and later herodotus states that more Egyptians during the reign of Psammetichus also fled to Ethiopia or Nubia, and later in history during the Greco-Roman period more native Egyptians fled to Ethiopia and became part of the Meroetic Kingdom, and it goes on and on, so either accept the facts of history or just don't bother with history at all and just stick to your fantasies.

--------------------
Arthur Mayfield

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com