EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Man with a mustache. bust 11th-12th dyn

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man with a mustache. bust 11th-12th dyn
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Here's a terracotta antiquity being auctioned for $50,000 - $60,000.

Unusual to see a mustache and beard

Middle Kingdom, Dynasty XI - XII, 2040 - 1789 BC. A cartonnage bust from a sarcophagus depicting an official sporting a short mustache and beard, his wig tied with a floral band terminating in two lotus blossoms and a solar disc. He is wearing a broad collar with falcon-head terminals. The four corners of the piece are perforated for attachment. Of robust manufacture with black, blue, red, ochre and off-white pigmentation. Some restoration. H: 17 ¾", W: 14 ½". Mounted on a custom stand. A handsome and very rare piece, worthy of inclusion in the holdings of a serious collector. view image $50,000 - $60,000

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the Afroloons are going to claim it's a fake, right?
Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The last Pharaoh of the XIth Dynasty was Nebtawyre Mentuhotpe (ca. 1945 - 1938 BCE). He probably usurped the throne, for he is missing from the king-lists. His mother was a commoner. It is possible that he was not a member of the royal famil

-

The Instruction of Pharaoh Amenemhat I
to his son Pharaoh Senusret

01 Beginning of the instruction made by the Majesty of King Sehetepibre, son of Re, Amenemhat, the justified, as he spoke in a mission of truth,1 to his son the AlI-Lord.

address to Senusret

02 He said :
03 "Risen as god, 2 hear what I teIl You, (so)
04 that You may rule the land, govern the shores, (and)
05 increase well-being !

beware of nobodies

06 Beware of subjects who are nobodies,
07 of whose plotting 3 one is not aware.
08 Do not go near to them alone.
09 Trust not a brother, know not a friend,
10 make no intimates, it is worthless.
11 When You lie down, guard your heart yourself.
12 For no man has adherents on the day of woe.

by doing good one does not avoid an attack

13 I gave to the beggar, I raised the orphan,
14 I gave to those who were nothing, like to those who were something.
15 But he who ate my food raised opposition,
16 he whom I gave my hands, used them to assail me, 4
17 wearers of my fine linen looked at me as if they were needy, 5
18 those perfumed with my myrrh {poured water while wearing it.} 6

remember what has happened

19 You my living peers, my partners among men,
20 make for me mourning such as has not been heard,
21 for so great a combat had not yet been seen !
22 If one fights in the arena forgetful of the past,
23 success will elude him who ignores what he should know.

the narrative of the assassination

24 It was after supper, night had come. I was taking an hour of rest, lying on my bed, for I was weary. As my heart began to follow sleep, weapons for my protection were turned against me, while I was like a snake of the desert. I awoke at the fighting, {came to myself}, 7 and found it was a combat of the guard. Had I quickly seized weapons in my hand, I would have made the cowards retreat. But no one is strong at night ; no one can fight alone ; no success is achieved without a helper.

25 Thus bloodshed occurred while I was without You ; before the courtiers had heard I would hand over to You ; before I had sat with You so as to advise You. 8 For I had not prepared for it, had not expected it, had not foreseen the failing of the servants ...

the exceptional nature of this murder

26 Had women (of the harem) ever marshaled troops ?
27 Are rebels nurtured inside the palace ?
28 {Or did destroyers break into the place ?} 9
29 {(It is) a bad memory because of what these miserable people did.} 10
30 No harm had come to me since my birth, (and)
31 no one equaled me as a doer of deeds.

the confession of excellence

32 I journeyed to Yebu,11 I returned to the Delta.
33 Having stood on the land's borders, I observed its interior.
34 I reached the borders of the strongholds ;
35 by my strength and my being.

36 I was grain-maker, beloved of Nepri.12
37 Hapy 13 honored me on every field.
38 None hungered in my years.
39 None thirsted in them.

40 One sat because I acted and spoke of myself :
41 I had assigned everything to its place.
42 I subdued lions, I captured crocodiles,
43 I repressed those of Wawat, 14
44 I captured the Medjay, 15
45 I made the Asiatics 16 do the dog walk.

preparing his son

46 I built myself a house decked with gold,
47 its ceiling of lapis lazuli,
48 walls of silver, floors of [acacia wood],
49 doors of copper, bolts of bronze.
50 The serfs (however) plotted against me.
51 Be prepared against this !
52 If You know this, then You are its Lord, You the All-Lord.

53 Behold, much hatred is in the streets.
54 The wise says 'yes', the fool says 'no' (for)
55 he has not understood it, (as) his face is lacking (eyes),17
56 (that You) were my own tongue, Senusret my son,
57 when I (still) walked on my feet,
58 (that You) were my own heart,
59 when my eyes (still) beheld You,
60 the child of a happy hour.18

concluding advise ?

61 Behold, I made the beginning, You will tie the end.
62 I have landed by the dead,
63 (and) You wear the White Crown of a god's son.19
64 The seal is in its correct place, (and)
65 jubilation has started for You in the bark of Re.
66 Ascend to the throne for a government better than most,
67 not like mine !
68 Be courageous, raise your monuments, establish your strongholds,
69 and beware of those You know,
70 for I do not wish them on the side of your Majesty."

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctoris Scientia
Member # 17454

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctoris Scientia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt it's fake, but he doesn't have to be Egyptian. We're not exactly sure in regard to his origins. But in regard to his physical appearance, it's obvious that he's a foreigner.

--------------------
Doctoris Scientia

Posts: 341 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But his headdress and pectoral are purely Egyptian.
I admit to not researching the image but he could
very well be a Lower Egyptian. Egypt below Memphis
and especially along the western most branches of the
Nile splintering in the delta was always the home of
"Libyans"

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, clothing says nothing. I have seen paintings of Africans in Europe and America during the 17th centuries all decked out Western regalia and clothing. And de
rigeur for today. An African American who goes to work wearing African clothing would be considered odd. So I guess that guy with the moustache was some kind of migrant into Egypt who just did the "when in Rome...." thing.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this isn't a guy walking around it's a bust
executed by AE craftsman, as far as I can tell.
Anyway, there were nationalized foreigners and
their descendents were Egyptians even if not of
the indigenous variety.

Also mustachioed busts though not frequent are
in example among the artifacts.

Without knowing who is depicted and that person's
bio it can't be definitively stated that he's not an
Egyptian just because he doesn't fit what one would
like all AEs to look like. Admittedly beards are
outside AE national convention but normal for ALs.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
 -  -
quote:

The very earliest masks were experimentally crafted as independent sculptural work, and have been dated to the Herakleopolitan period (late First Intermediate Period). These early masks were made of wood, fashioned in two pieces and held together with pegs, or cartonnage (layers of linen or papyrus stiffened with plaster. They were molded over a wooden model or core. The masks of both men and women had over-exaggerated eyes and often enigmatic half smiles. These objects were then framed by long, narrow, tripartite wigs held securely by a decorated headband. The "bib" of the mask extended to cover the chest, and were painted for both males and females with elaborate beading and floral motif necklaces or broad collars that served not only an aesthetic function but also an apotropaic requirement as set out in the funerary spells. Hollow and solid masks (sometimes of diminutive size) were also built by pouring clay or plaster into generic, often unisex molds. To this, ears and gender specific details were than added.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
 -

quote:
Cartonage mummy mask of High Egyptian Official Middle Kingdom 2000-1980 BCE

"The use of a mummy mask is one of the most characteristic features of ancient Egyptian burial customs. Such cartonnage masks covered the head and the upper part of the chest of a mummy. Generally, they consist of layers of linen and gypsum that could be molded to the shape of the deceased. Finally, each mask was painted in bright colors.

Because of their fragility, relatively few mummy masks of the Middle Kingdom have survived in as good a state of preservation as this one. The face is rendered in a formal, stylized way, giving it a somewhat stiff expression. Even so, some details are indicated: the bristles of the full beard, the mustache, and the eyebrows, all stippled in black over a blue ground. The man wears a voluminous wig with long, rounded ends, which are neatly rimmed with a decorative border. A broad collar composed of many rows of beads features falcon-headed terminals, which are held in position by strings emerging from under the wig on the mask's back. In addition, a simple necklace with a large pearl completes his adornment. But most striking is the richly ornamented diadem with a floral motif over the forehead. The model for this diadem was gold and silver, inlaid with semiprecious stones like carnelian, lapis lazuli, and turquoise.

Although the original burial spot of the Walters' newly acquired mummy mask is not known, its general style and details undoubtedly indicate that it came from the necropolis at Asyut. At this important site, the capital of the 13th district of Upper Egypt, a French mission as well as the Egyptian nobleman Sayed Khashaba Pascha conducted intensive archaeological excavations during the early 20th century. Many rock-cut tombs belonging to the courtiers of the Asyut nomarchs (the rulers of the nome) were found untouched and still contained their original grave goods. This mask was probably discovered during the poorly documented Khashaba excavation, which left no records about related objects found in the tomb, including the coffin of the deceased with its inscriptions. Without records of his titles and name, the identity of the owner of this mask must remain a mystery." - Walters Art Museum

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
 -

quote:
Wooden coffin with the mummy of Ankhef

From Asyut, Egypt
12th Dynasty, around 1900 BC

Ankhef, an official at Asyut, was a middle-aged man who was at least 45 when he died. He suffered from osteoarthritis in his spine and left hip, but seems to have been otherwise generally healthy. The headrest which was placed close to his head was probably one of his personal possessions. His coffin is decorated with funerary texts to help him to enter the Afterlife.

Once a mummified body had been bandaged, it was wrapped in a shroud, or funerary cloth. A mask covering the head and shoulders was the last element to be added. This was made of cartonnage, moulded linen stiffened with plaster. The mask represented the face of the deceased, but was not really a portrait. The only real examples of portraits on mummies in ancient Egypt are the Fayum mummy portraits of the Roman Period, such as that of Artemidorus, which is in The British Museum.

The mask of Ankhef was made to represent the deceased as he would appear in the Afterlife, with the golden skin of a divine being. Masks continued to be used in Egyptian burials for about 2500 years. Some were gilded and those of royalty, such as that of Tutankhamun, were made entirely of gold and inlaid with semi-precious stones.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/aes/w/wooden_coffin_with_the_mummy_o.aspx

Now we know why the light colored skin and the facial hair. These
cartonnage masks are idealized images and not actual portraits.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Don't you think that is a bit of a generalisation?

There is no need to explain away potential foreigners by resorting to generalisations like that.

I have posted xrays before of coffins that had crania inside with clear African morphology. These coffins themselves were decorated with features that Keita called ''what you would expect from people of lower Egypt''

There are however, also coffins with what someone might call non-African features that had mummies inside them that matched the coffin decoration

We should only expect to see foreigner art depictions in Ancient Egypt, whether this was just artistic work or based on actual individuals.
Nothing phenominal about that.
Sorry Lioness.
Nice try though.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO lioness and her ignorance on art
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
^Don't you think that is a bit of a generalisation?

There is no need to explain away potential foreigners by resorting to generalisations like that.

I have posted xrays before of coffins that had crania inside with clear African morphology. These coffins themselves were decorated with features that Keita called ''what you would expect from people of lower Egypt''

There are however, also coffins with what someone might call non-African features that had mummies inside them that matched the coffin decoration

We should only expect to see foreigner art depictions in Ancient Egypt, whether this was just artistic work or based on actual individuals.
Nothing phenominal about that.
Sorry Lioness.
Nice try though.

Kalonji your reply makes sense you accuse of alTakruri of generalizing then you go on to speak of a "clear" "African morphology" and "non-African features". It's the same generalization under a different name.
Then when it comes down to what are the characteristics of an "African morphology" and what are the characteristics of a "Non African Morphology" you would never define it because then you can't use the tactic that is so often used here, that any "morphology" can be African. It's very convenient. As long as there is no specifics to these racially intended terms hiding behind continental names.

That aside you made an interesting comment:
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:

this seems to be saying what I have been saying, Egypt may have been a multi-racial society.
I think you and I are in general agreement just differences details.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Kalonji your reply makes sense you accuse of alTakruri of generalizing then you go on to speak of a "clear" "African morphology" and "non-African features". It's the same generalization under a different name.
Then when it comes down to what are the characteristics of an "African morphology" and what are the characteristics of a "Non African Morphology" you would never define it because then you can't use the tactic that is so often used here, that any "morphology" can be African. It's very convenient. As long as there is no specifics to these racially intended terms hiding behind continental names.

Look people have already schooled you on this, and you made it into a 20 page discussion when everybody agreed you lost. I have no intention of indulging in the same activity. Who they clustered with is Eastern Africans, in not only cranial, but also post cranial meassurements period. You’ll be hard pressed to duplicate a study where they don’t cluster cranially with Eastern Africans. And you'll never find a study where Native AE cluster away from Africans, when post cranial regions are meassured and compared.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
This is what I wanted to post when you talked about migrantional patterns in the other thread, but I didn't because it was irrelevant to that topic. I'll just give the general spirit of what I wanted to say here instead:

quote:
this seems to be saying what I have been saying, Egypt may have been a multi-racial society. I think you and I are in general agreement just differences details.
 -

^Nothing multi-racial about it.
Even if you interpret the location of Giza as admixed, note that Naqada is in features identical to Hottentots, Nubians and Somali's.

By that time and in later times, Naqada and Upper Egypt in general were indistinguishable from Nubians. All important cultural and material things known as ''Egyptian'' were allready established:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predynastic_Egypt#Timeline

These Naqadan blacks (and siblings) already had an entrepeneurial spirit, as evidenced by their independant invention of writing, independant invention of pottery, first found sickle blades to harvest grain, stone megaliths to keep track of time, kingship and official system, Their 365 day calandar, mummyfication, cosmetic objects (yes I said consmetic objects), grinding stones to make bread:

quote:
By Christopher Ehret:
This group moves in on another group that's Middle Eastern. Out of this, you get the Natufian people. Now, we can see in the archaeology that people were using wild grains the Middle East very early, back into the late glacial age, about 18,000 years ago. But they were just using these seeds as they were. At the same time, in this northeastern corner of Africa, another people ­the Mushabaeans? ­ are using grindstones along the Nile, grinding the tubers of sedges. Somewhere along the way, they began to grind grain as well. Now, it's in the Mushabian period that grindstones come into the Middle East.

Just a sample below of what Upper Egyptians were doing post 4000 bc

Inventing prevalent, from 4th millennium BC

* By 4000 BC, the world's earliest-known:
o Alchemy (see Alchemy in Ancient Egypt)
o Cosmetics (antimony)
o Donkey domestication
o Harps
o (Meteoric) Iron works
o Mortar (masonry)
o Pottery hieroglyph writing in Girza
* ca. 4000 BC:
o Flutes
o early medicine
o early Naqadan trade

quote:
Technologies at Gerzeh also fine ripple-flaked knives of exceptional workmanship.
quote:
4th millennium BC: Gerzean tomb-building, including underground rooms and burial of furniture and amulets—preludes Osiris belief in Ancient Egypt
quote:
The meteoritic iron beads discovered in two Gerzean graves by Egyptologist Wainwright in 1911 are in fact the earliest artifacts of iron known
quote:
The end of the Gerzean period is generally regarded as coinciding with the unification of Egypt.
^All those things above that are associated with Upper Egypt, are invented and practiced by those Nubian lookalike Naqadans. This is why your migrational explanations are totally irrelevant. Your beloved foreigners didn’t attribute anything but a composite bow and a chariot, and that was in the Hyksos period! LOL. I don’t think you want me to go hard and list how East Africans influenced the Middle East.

Even IF we leave reality for a moment and hypothesize that those Nubian looking folks called Naqadans, were TOTALLY replaced by Eurasians, most things known as Egyptian, including their innovative presence, would have preceeded this migration. There is thus, no justification for something you call ''multi-racial'' as that would imply a host of other implications and underlying notions that are totally untrue.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Of course. And even if one were to try to look for Eurasian foreigners in the Delta, one would be hard pressed to find any.

"..sample populations available from northern Egypt from before the 1st Dynasty (Merimda, Maadi and Wadi Digla) turn out to be significantly different from sample populations from early Palestine and Byblos, suggesting a lack of common ancestors over a long time. If there was a south-north cline variation along the Nile valley it did not, from this limited evidence, continue smoothly on into southern Palestine. The limb-length proportions of males from the Egyptian sites group them with Africans rather than with Europeans." Barry Kemp, Ancient Egypt Anatomy of a Civilisation. (2005) Routledge. p. 52-60

So much for a 'mixed-race' multicultural Egypt! As I've said before, one is better off arguing for the mixed-race multicultural nature of Greece!

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But getting back to the topic...

I can't help but notice the glaring hypocrisy of this thread by lyingass! She complains about us using the painted bust of Tut obviously portraying a black man and accuses us of being bias for using only one example to prove our assertions, when in fact we've shown all other portraits painted and unpainted which show features not uncommon to black Africans. Now the lyingass fool posts a thread about about just ONE bust which possess traits unusual for Egyptian portraits such as mustache and full beard and expects this to support her claims!

Is it me, or is this girl's brain not working properly?? [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
But getting back to the topic...

I can't help but notice the glaring hypocrisy of this thread by lyingass! She complains about us using the painted bust of Tut obviously portraying a black man and accuses us of being bias for using only one example to prove our assertions, when in fact we've shown all other portraits painted and unpainted which show features not uncommon to black Africans. Now the lyingass fool posts a thread about about just ONE bust which possess traits unusual for Egyptian portraits such as mustache and full beard and expects this to support her claims!

Is it me, or is this girl's brain not working properly?? [Embarrassed]

alTakruri provides other very similar examples suggesting that Ancient Egypt was a multi racial society

there's no escape at this point

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ And what pray-tell examples does Takruri provide? As I understand it, Takruri never claimed Egypt to be "multi-racial" just because there happened to be some foreigners present. Do you consider Sweden to be multiracial because they have some immigrants from Africa and Asia??

Indeed there is no escape...from YOUR PSYCHOSIS!

I suggest you seek professional help.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] ^ And what pray-tell examples does Takruri provide?

several posted above nitwit
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Sorry nitwit, but I've already read Takruri's posts and nothing in it says anything about Egypt being a "multiracial" society just because there were foreigners present. Do you consider Rome to be "multiracial" because there were foreigners even non-European ones living in Rome?
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ And what pray-tell examples does Takruri provide? As I understand it, Takruri never claimed Egypt to be "multi-racial" just because there happened to be some foreigners present. Do you consider Sweden to be multiracial because they have some immigrants from Africa and Asia??

Indeed there is no escape...from YOUR PSYCHOSIS!

I suggest you seek professional help.

And so do I. [Wink]
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
 -

The Instruction of Pharaoh Amenemhat I
to his son Pharaoh Senusret

I didn't get which Negro you said this was - Lyin'.
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to ask that myself until you beat me to it, thanks.

Follow this link Diop on nationalized populations in AE

quote:

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Further proof of the quoted statement is Maiherpre whose face and mask don't match.

-  -

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
cartonnage masks are idealized images and not actual portraits.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
I was going to ask that myself until you beat me to it, thanks.

Follow this link Diop on nationalized populations in AE

quote:

It would be different if a substantial amount of Prime Ministers of Sweden were Africans and Asians. -that's power
America is not multiracial in terms of power but it"s population is. It is starting to turn more multi-racial in a more comprehensive sense since we have a President with African ancestry.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness when you speak of a multi racial Kemet what era/eras are you speaking of specifically?
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Of course she is just speaking out of her lyingass as usual. I never denied that Egypt had foreign nationals, however how does that make Egypt 'multiracial' in general. Sweden has nationalized East Africans and East Asians living alongside indigenous Swedes, yet nobody is calling Sweden a multiracial nation let alone consider its culture 'multicultural' as opposed to north European!

Tsk, tsk, the lyingass fails to overcome its ways.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

Thanks.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptsearch covers damn near everything

The Ancient Egypt's answer to google.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
Egyptsearch covers damn near everything

The Ancient Egypt's answer to google.

A lot has been removed. Sometimes explicit stuff.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
I'm not quite sure we can that those Abu Sir mummies were black in the multitude.  -

The Mathilda crowed would say that Herishef Hotep of Abu Sir is like 2300 BC. I dismissed this as them rolling back the Grecko-Roman dates and had no idea Abu Sir was Fayum. Remember Tut and Seti's mummies were also jet black.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com