EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Manilius Quote, 1st century AD (Roman) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Manilius Quote, 1st century AD (Roman)
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melchior7:
Some of these Vandals, Sea People, etc. migrants, being migrants would become separated from former "tribal" affiliations and become permanent residents of Africa, if they spoke Berber they would be considered Berbers by the ancient writers, becoming part of a new culture.

True when they assimilated and thus no longer seen as Vandals or whatever.

[Big Grin] [Embarrassed] [Wink]
Posts: 22245 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melchior7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lies are so easily unravelled.
Melanophobe's internet source supports
* northward Aethiop movement beyond Atlas
* Moor <- Mauri = black i.e., synonymous w/Aethiop

Anyway it's looked at Morocco north of the Atlas
includes Mediterranean as well as Atlantic sea-
boards all of which was called Mauretania a name
taken from Mauri per Manilius.

Most accounts have them reaching the Atlas. One say they go beyond. But by how much? It doesn't mention them reaching the Mediterreanean.

Observe where the Atlas reaches the Atlantic near Agadir.

-

That's pretty far from the Mediterranean coast. Incidently that is around the same latitude as the Draa valley which is one of the few places in Southern Morocco where Blacks were known to live in historic times. When we read about the expedition of Hanno to the west African coast it's when he reaches the Lixus which many idenitify as the Draa river that Aethiopes/Blacks are first mentioned.

"We're leaving this place came the great river Lixos coming from Libya. On the banks of nomads, the Lixites, fed their flocks. We stayed for some time with these people and have made friends with them. Above them lived the unfriendly Ethiopians whose land is full of wild beasts and broken up by high mountains, where they say the results from Lixos. They also say that about dwell in these mountains wrens strange-looking. Lixites's claim that they can run faster than horses...

It is generally agreed, the Lixos can be identified as Draa (28 ° 45 'N). The Draa is the largest river in the area, and marks the limit most southern most of the arable land. This good is the account of Hanno. Certainly the area of Herne was known to the Carthaginians because they would hardly have sent a colony to an unknown location...

In the daily discussions in Morocco, sometimes the term "Draoui" or "Draou", used in a pejorative sense to appoint a person of dark or black. This reflects, perhaps, the idea is that the people of Dra, all blacks, or that only blacks are true Draou"

http://www.caravanesud.com/en/zagora-draa-valley.

Who is the real liar here, son?

Posts: 682 | From: East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melchior7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off Osiris was not ressurected. He was cut up into peices, scattered around Egypt, reassembled via Mummification and brought to life in the Underworld. The idea of Dying and Ressurecting in the Underworld or Life After Death etc is a universal aspect of many Human beliefs. Well that much is true.

2)The weighing of the heart is a Nile Valley(African) invention.

Connection between Egyptian and African religions are well documented, I believe Budge dedicated a book to this.

But you do realize that someone can just as easily show connection with Middle Eastern relgions?

The Pyramids were devolped by Egyptians(Africans), the only other people to make use of the Pyramid as a tomb were the Nubians.

Also, Just so you know, because you obviously don't there are many smaller Pyramids in Upper Egypt that date from the 3rd Dynasty onward. BTW, have you seen how Djoser looked like, If you did Im sure you would be upset.

No, I guess you weren't on Topix for too long but I have brought up the Nubian pyramids time and time again to counter White racists. I was also the one who first brought up Dar Tchiit, and the first to mention Al-Jahiz a Black man who came up with a theory of evolution way before Darwin.

The Oldest "Mummified" Mummy in Africa is the African Lybian Uan.

True

So essentially you lose in you attempts to de-Africanize Egypt. You might have some points when it the Coastal Berbers and North Africans, but you aint Eurasianizing Egypt. Won't work, Egypt's connections are way to African bub..

Essentially it seems that you base Egypt's Africaness on the mere fact that Egypt is located on the African continent. Whereas I am looking for significant religious and cultural elements which are shared by most African people throught the continent. In any case my argument is not to say that Egypt was a Eurasian culture or people, but that Egypt had a unique culture which was the result of different influences, it was not exclusively Black African.

Also, Mr Jari-ankamun.. [Big Grin] Egypt was a great nation that manged to accomplish a lot in it's time, but Egypt was not the only shining star in the Near East in anicent times. It had serious rivals in Mesopotamia and the Levant who also had advanced civilizations, some dipsutably older than Egypt. Egyptians were not always the winners on the world stage. At its height under Ramses II, couldn't even conquer all the Levant and reached a stalemate with the Hittites. A few hundred years later they got their asses handed to them by the Assyrians, then the Persians, then the Nubians, The Greeks, the Romans etc. And I mention all of this because of your statements about "Eurasian barbarians" and what not..

Posts: 682 | From: East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you do realize that someone can just as easily show connection with Middle Eastern relgions?

How so..?? You realize majority of Egyptian religion was developed in the Nile Valley, many of which came from the South. The Few comparisons between Egypt and Near EAstern beliefs are minute at best and more often than not are in fact found first in Egypt not the Near East.

Here is a post on my blog with more detailed comparisons..

http://theyounghistorian7.blogspot.com/2011/10/comparing-egyptian-and-other-african.html

Note that I have not even gone into detail on other aspect such as Amun's southern/NHSI connection, the Worship of Ram Headed Gods found throughout Africa.

Divine Kingship, Burial Practices, the Southern Saharan origin of the Goddess Mut and the Cow Goddess cults.

etc.

No, I guess you weren't on Topix for too long but I have brought up the Nubian pyramids time and time again to counter White racists. I was also the one who first brought up Dar Tchiit, and the first to mention Al-Jahiz a Black man who came up with a theory of evolution way before Darwin.

Egyptsearch was probably the first site to mention Dar Tchilitt and Oulata. Same for Al-Jahiz. I commend you for that but I would not be suprized if you found out via ES about those topics or used resources/Information from Egyptsearch Members.

I doubt if not for Al-takruri that Dar Tilctt would be widely discussed on the Net.

Goes to show you how much weight E.S has.

BTW, both topics will be discussed on my blog soon enough.

Well Egypt is in Africa as well as the Nile. Is not Spain in Europe and China in Asia?? Second its much more than that. As I said her Religion, Language, Customs, and Founding population were mostly Africans.

Whereas I am looking for significant religious and cultural elements which are shared by most African people throught the continent.

I just posted my first blog post that is dedicated to this, at least the Religious part..

http://theyounghistorian7.blogspot.com/2011/10/comparing-egyptian-and-other-african.html

I will go into more detail, on some cultural relations...

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004244

In any case my argument is not to say that Egypt was a Eurasian culture or people, but that Egypt had a unique culture which was the result of different influences, it was not exclusively Black African.

No one is saying it was "Exclusively" Black african. Obviously no Nation/Empire can be exclusively anything. However it was an African Empire Founded by Tropical Africans who were the majority until later dynastic times.

The Day that Eurocentric and Classicists proclaim Greece as being Multicultural and not "Excusively" White European will be the day I take that line serious. I don't understand why Egypt is the only Empire where so much attention is payed to the foreign migrants as opposed to the Founding population.

Also, Mr Jari-ankamun.. Egypt was a great nation that manged to accomplish a lot in it's time, but Egypt was not the only shining star in the Near East in anicent times. It had serious rivals in Mesopotamia and the Levant who also had advanced civilizations, some dipsutably older than Egypt. Egyptians were not always the winners on the world stage. At its height under Ramses II, couldn't even conquer all the Levant and reached a stalemate with the Hittites. A few hundred years later they got their asses handed to them by the Assyrians, then the Persians, then the Nubians, The Greeks, the Romans etc. And I mention all of this because of your statements about "Eurasian barbarians" and what not..

I have no real problem with Eurasians as long as they are not used as a scape goat in founding African Empires. Non Africans are not needed to found African Empires. If anything the Eurasian folks in Egypt testifies to the openeess, fairness and equality of African people. This same type of Equality was seen in Axum, Timbuctoo etc. where non Africans were able to come in and reach high positions like the natives. This is the difference between a European, Arab and African. The Latter is much more open, and never invented some racial bias to discriminate. Even when Egyptians subjugated Levantines they would take their Sons to Egypt and give them a Royal Education rather than Segregate them and claim God Cursed them a certain color.

That said I rather like Sumaria. Babylonia was nice also.

BTW when I say "Eurasian" Im not only talking about the White Ones. There were quite a few Darkskinned and even black Eurasians. The Sumarians were Austaioid/Veddoid looking if Im not mistaken, same with the Elamites and Babylonians.

I go into detail here..

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005384;p=1#000000

Posts: 8808 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only properly cited primary document account we
have of Aethiopes overrunning Libya is the statement
in Ephorus' report from the Tartessians as in Strabo.

quote:

Originally posted 18 November, 2009 by Dana Marniche:

"Ephorus says the Tartessians report that Ethiopians overran Libya as far as Dyris, and that some of them stayed in Dyris, while others occupied a great part of the sea-board; and he conjectures it was from this circumstance that Homer spoke as he did: 'Ethiopians that are sundered in twain, the farthermost of men.'"

Strabo

Geography

Simply put, "a great part of the sea-board" north
of Dyris is a subset of the whole said sea-board
which stretches on the Atlantic side of Morocco
from modern Tiznit (re Anti-Atlas) or Essaouira
(re High Atlas) to Morocco's Mediterranean side
at Nador (re Middle Atlas).

Some Aethiopes who left Dyris to "occupy a great part
of the sea-board" would have traveled the Moulouya
river for direct easy travel to the Mediterranean just
as easily as moving northward along the coast of the
Atlantic by others.

Since Strabo uses the word sea-board in the singular
not the plural we see the whole of what the Romans
called Mauretania Tingitana is involved.

Whether Ephorus, writing in the 4th century BCE
about earlier events, had in mind with "seacoast"
either Mediterranean or Atlantic or both, all choices
are firmly located in Mauretania.

That fact is why Maur and Aethiop can at times
be synonymous in 1st millenium CE Latin texts.

Ephorus' pre-350 BCE Aethiopes are an ancestral
component of post 42 CE Mauretanian population.

-
Map 1. showing the extent of the Anti, High, and Middle Atlases and the Rif.

-
Map 2. showing Nador at Middle Atlas Mediterranean sea-board from R. Moulouya

-
Map 3. Mauretania Tingitana (courtesy Tamazya War Tilisa

-
Map 4. 1000 years later international polity of the descendents of the early Mauri/Aethiopes

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
How so..?? You realize majority of Egyptian religion was developed in the Nile Valley, many of which came from the South. The Few comparisons between Egypt and Near EAstern beliefs are minute at best and more often than not are in fact found first in Egypt not the Near East.

Possibly but as you say there are many universal mythological themes shared by many cultures.

Here is a post on my blog with more detailed comparisons..

Note that I have not even gone into detail on other aspect such as Amun's southern/NHSI connection, the Worship of Ram Headed Gods found throughout Africa.

Divine Kingship, Burial Practices, the Southern Saharan origin of the Goddess Mut and the Cow Goddess cults.

Interesting. Amun was popular in Libya. Some argue for a Libyan origin

Egyptsearch was probably the first site to mention Dar Tchilitt and Oulata. Same for Al-Jahiz. I commend you for that but I would not be suprized if you found out via ES about those topics or used resources/Information from Egyptsearch Members.

I don't know I mentioned Dar Tchitt on Topix over two years ago when I was talking to 9th element. I had ran across it on a French site but could find nothin in English about it. It's the same thing with the Bouar mgalths in Central Africa..can't find much Enlish material on them.
I doubt if not for Al-takruri that Dar Tilctt would be widely discussed on the Net.

BTW, both topics will be discussed on my blog soon enough.

Well I will check it out then.

I just posted my first blog post that is dedicated to this, at least the Religious part..

I will go into more detail, on some cultural relations...

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004244

No one is saying it was "Exclusively" Black african. Obviously no Nation/Empire can be exclusively anything. However it was an African Empire Founded by Tropical Africans who were the majority until later dynastic times.

The Day that Eurocentric and Classicists proclaim Greece as being Multicultural and not "Excusively" White European will be the day I take that line serious. I don't understand why Egypt is the only Empire where so much attention is payed to the foreign migrants as opposed to the Founding population.

Yes, It is annoying how some Eurocentrics will look down on Mediterranean people and yet try to pretend that ancient Greece was somehow Aryan with no Near Eastern or African influences. Total BS.

I have no real problem with Eurasians as long as they are not used as a scape goat in founding African Empires. Non Africans are not needed to found African Empires. If anything the Eurasian folks in Egypt testifies to the openeess, fairness and equality of African people. This same type of Equality was seen in Axum, Timbuctoo etc. where non Africans were able to come in and reach high positions like the natives. This is the difference between a European, Arab and African. The Latter is much more open, and never invented some racial bias to discriminate. Even when Egyptians subjugated Levantines they would take their Sons to Egypt and give them a Royal Education rather than Segregate them and claim God Cursed them a certain color.

That said I rather like Sumaria. Babylonia was nice also.

BTW when I say "Eurasian" Im not only talking about the White Ones. There were quite a few Darkskinned and even black Eurasians. The Sumarians were Austaioid/Veddoid looking if Im not mistaken, same with the Elamites and Babylonians.

I believe it was the Ubaidians and Elamites who showed Veddoid faetures. The Sumerians are Believed to have come from the Central Asia somehwere.

--------------------
In the vast pasture of life you're bound to step in some truth.

melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
Simply put, "a great part of the sea-board" northof Dyris is a subset of the whole said sea-board which stretches on the Atlantic side of Morocco from modern Tiznit (re Anti-Atlas) or Essaouira (re High Atlas) to Morocco's Mediterranean side at Nador (re Middle Atlas).

Some Aethiopes who left Dyris to "occupy a great part of the sea-board" would have traveled the Moulouya river for direct easy travel to the Mediterranean just as easily as moving northward along the coast of the Atlantic by others.

Since Strabo uses the word sea-board in the singular not the plural we see the whole of what the Romans called Mauretania Tingitana is involved.

Thats your interpretation. There is a significant amount of tesitimony from the ancients that light skinned peoples lived above the Atlas. Pliny and Ptolemy both mention "Leukaethiops" in Morocco and contrast them with and the "Nigritae".

"The Roman administrator and historian, Gaius Crispus Sallust, says of people of North Africa.

North Africa was first occupied by Libyans and Getulians, who were a barbarous people, a heterogeneous mass, or agglomeration of people of different races, without any form of religion or government, nourishing themselves on herbs, or devouring the raw flesh of animals killed in the chase; for first amongst these were found Blacks, probably some from the interior of Africa, and belonging to the great negro family; then whites, issue of the Semitic stock, who apparently constituted, even at that early period, the dominant race or caste. Later, but at an epoch absolutely unknown, a new horde of Asiatics of Medes, Persians, and Armenians, invaded the countries of the Atlas, and, led on by Hercules, pushed their conquests as far as Spain."

Of course his story about Medes and Armenians reaching Spain under Hercules is fantastical conjecture,yet it is his attempt to explain the appearance and origins of the folks that lived in these regions.

--------------------
In the vast pasture of life you're bound to step in some truth.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by liar7:

"The Roman administrator and historian, Gaius Crispus Sallust, says of people of North Africa.

North Africa was first occupied by Libyans and Getulians, who were a barbarous people, a heterogeneous mass, or agglomeration of people of different races, without any form of religion or government, nourishing themselves on herbs, or devouring the raw flesh of animals killed in the chase; for first amongst these were found Blacks, probably some from the interior of Africa, and belonging to the great negro family; then whites, issue of the Semitic stock, who apparently constituted, even at that early period, the dominant race or caste. Later, but at an epoch absolutely unknown, a new horde of Asiatics of Medes, Persians, and Armenians, invaded the countries of the Atlas, and, led on by Hercules, pushed their conquests as far as Spain."

This is the second time I expose this lie. That
quote is not in Sallust. Is it from another of
your anonymous internet so-called sources?
Do you have any idea who wrote those words?

You have proven incapable of producing primary
documentation. You have proven incapable of
properly citing your so-called references.

All you do is cut and paste opinions from people
on the internet as if they really have any weight
just because you use them as quotes.

But what else can be expected from someone who never
wrote a university term paper where quoted references
require author, title, and page number at minimum.

What's worse you're so blind to not see your quote
supports black primacy of North Africa's Libyans
and Gaetulians differentiating local blacks and
southern migrant blacks in the black component.
quote:

North Africa was first occupied by Libyans and Getulians, who were a barbarous people, a heterogeneous mass, or agglomeration of people of different races, without any form of religion or government, nourishing themselves on herbs, or devouring the raw flesh of animals killed in the chase; for first amongst these were found Blacks, probably some from the interior of Africa, and belonging to the great negro family;

Your source is in line with the Tartessians report
that Aethiopes overran Libya. Note that Numidia includes
two Atlases, the Saharan one and the Tell one.

-

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member

quote:

"Ephorus says the Tartessians report that Ethiopians overran Libya as far as Dyris, and that some of them stayed in Dyris, while others occupied a great part of the sea-board; and he conjectures it was from this circumstance that Homer spoke as he did: 'Ethiopians that are sundered in twain, the farthermost of men.'"

Strabo

Geography

Atlantic by others.

-

-

-

-
Map 4. 1000 years later international polity of the descendents of the early Mauri/Aethiopes

melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
quote:

This is the second time I expose your lie. Thatquote is not in Sallust. It is from another ofyour anonymous internet so-called sources.

You have proven incapable of producing primary
documentation. You have proven incapable of
properly citing your so-called references.

All you do is cut and paste opinions from people
on the internet as if they really have any weight
just because you use them as quotes.

But what else can be expected from someone who never
wrote a university term paper where quoted references
require author, title, and page number at minimum.

You are an idiot. The quote is from travels in morocco by James Richardson who is summarizing a passage form Sallust's Conspiracy of Catiline and The Jurgurthine War Ch 18... Very anynomous

"But after Hercules, as the Africans think, perished in Spain, his army, which was composed of various nations,2 having lost its leader, and many candidates severally claiming the command of it, was speedily dispersed. Of its constituent troops, the Medes, Persians, and Armenians,3 having sailed over into Africa, occupied the parts nearest to our sea.4 The Persians, however, settled more toward the ocean,5 and used the inverted keels of their vessels for huts, there being no wood in the country"

One wonders why you chose to focus on this quote as if this would really disprove that folks about the Atlas were light skinned and yet leave the quotes by Pliny and Ptolemy unchallenged??

And you efforts to refute what is implied by Ephorus is laughable.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
quote:

Are you so blind to not see your quote supports
black primacy of North Africa's Libyans and
Gaetulians differentiating local blacks and
southern migrant blacks in the black component?
quote:

North Africa was first occupied by Libyans and Getulians, who were a barbarous people, a heterogeneous mass, or agglomeration of people of different races, without any form of religion or government, nourishing themselves on herbs, or devouring the raw flesh of animals killed in the chase; for first amongst these were found Blacks, probably some from the interior of Africa, and belonging to the great negro family;

Your source is in line with the Tartessians report
that Aethiopes overran Libya. Note that Numidia
includes two Atlases, the Saharan one and the
Tell one.

-

All you have in your favor is a demogogue debater's
bag of tricks which is useless here where fact overrules
fancy and all your non-sequitors, red herrings, and strawmen.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Prime example of Melanophobe's all white Maurs.

-
 -
 -

This melanophobic concept -- the midnight spook --
remained in the European psyche and was openly in
the common parlance of Euro-Americans until quite recently.

Yes, for sure  - refers to a white/light skinned person.
Don't believe it? Substitute other white/light ethnies for Moor.
Hispaniard so black
Greek so black
Roman so black
But wait Roman so black works. Then Juvenal's satire fails, no?
Juvenal's Roman reading audience obviously thought Moors were white/light. Yes!

But if honest examination is what you want broach
a thread on Greco-Latin quotes concerning Maurs
and other contemporaneous North Africans. Post
them one by one with complete standard citation
with no repeats and we'll see which colour is
mostly associated with them. I gaurantee your
blackless North Africa lie will be further exposed.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Who does melanophobic mulatto hate more?
Is it a black mother or a black father
who tarred him out of the white race he
would belong to if only his white parent
hadn't laid down with his black parent?
Well, unable to slough off what he sees
as a black taint in his blood he can seek
admission to whiteness by discounting any
and everything associated with blacks.

Poor sick soul, neither black nor white
yet applying for honorary white status
downplaying everything that is black.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alot of Garrig's arguments are copy-n-pasted from here..

http://www.angelfire.com/md/8/moors.html

With an occasional mention of Guanches, and the occasial posting info from Mathilda's blog.

Notice they never give info on the Muwalladun conversion, the Saqalibba and the slave MArket of NAtive Iberians in Andalucia and North Africa.

Posts: 8808 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
Are you really that delirious?? Look at what the source says, "who were a barbarous people, a heterogeneous mass, or agglomeration of people of different races"

And here "these were found Blacks, probably some from the interior of Africa" [Roll Eyes]

Your source is in line with the Tartessians report that Aethiopes overran Libya. Note that Numidia includes two Atlases, the Saharan one and the Tell one.

The Tartessians mention as far as the Atlas, directely South of them, and to the ATLANTIC Seaboard. This is further demonstrated by Hanno who sailed West African coast and reports Blacks after reaching the Lixos (Draa)
River. I have showed you that tradition in Morocco of the Draa region being associated with Blacks since antiquity.

Here is a later source from the 10th century Arab chronicler Ibn Hawkal who talks about the "pure" Sanhaja Berbers in contrast with Banu Tanamak who were originally Blacks from Gao in Mali who became Whites from moving up North to the "Trab al-Bidan" after a few generations of mixing. I'm not going post some small quote so you can twist it out of context. Here is a link to the whole book so you can read it all for yourself. Enjoy. [Smile]
http://tinyurl.com/3qx58pc

All you have in your favor is a demogogue debater's bag of tricks which is useless here where fact overrules fancy and all your non-sequitors, red herrings, and strawmen.

Facts?? Lol! All you have is quotes from folks like Manilius and your dubious and forced interpretations.

And Juvenal's work was satire. And yes The Roamns had seen Blacks from Africa. Does that mean they reached the coast?? Nope. [Frown]

Also, you seem ridiculously pretentious for the meager intellectual showing you display on here. It's kind of comical. [Big Grin]

melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
quote:
Who does melanophobic mulatto hate more?
Is it a black mother or a black father
who tarred him out of the white race he
would belong to if only his white parent
hadn't laid down with his black parent?
Well, unable to slough off what he sees
as a black taint in his blood he can seek
admission to whiteness by discounting any
and everything associated with blacks.

Poor sick soul, neither black nor white
yet applying for honorary white status
downplaying everything that is black.

You notice I never slander posters based on their race. Apparently if someone doesn't agree with your view that Blacks overran all of Africa that means they hate Blacks. [Roll Eyes] Just goes to show how clueless you are, not to mention being a low down and ENVIOUS racist!
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Ho hum. Typical roorag from a phony with the ****
beat out of him unable to cite ancient support texts.

Putting words in Tartessian mouths that Ephorus
never reported? Bad sad broken trick you don't
even believe yourself.

Ephorus' view that Aethiopes overran Libya
Richard corroborates with local and incoming
types of blacks as the Libyan and Gaetuli base
upon which others admixed.

American minstrel black face was satire. By your
sprained logic the barbs of the satire were not
directed at Black Americans?

Where are your quotes of a Hispaniard, Roman or
Greek so black you don't want to run into down
town at midnight?

You have slandered every notice given of blacks
in North Africa making you the envious racialist
hater of the blood in your veins from either your
supposed black mother or supposed black father.
Which one of them taught you to fight hard against
the reality of black presences and dish out large
parts of Africa to so-called southwest Asia and
favor other such white preference lies?

No coherency in your "argument" just the raving
fear of a poor sick soul turned inside out in
conundrum about his own hybrid makeup always
beating down blacks always playing up whites.

You're just an empty showboat with no primary
documentation just rehashing 17th-20th century
opinions as if they are the voice of the ancients.

You're good at grandstanding but totally suck at
composing a coherent post anchored on one subject
with any kind of academics about it.

Challenge reissued
if honest examination is what you want broach
a thread on Greco-Latin quotes concerning Maurs
and other contemporaneous North Africans. Post
them one by one with complete standard citation
with no repeats and we'll see which colour is
mostly associated with them. I guarantee your
blackless North Africa lie will be further exposed.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member

quote:

Strabo

Geography

Atlantic by others.

-

-

-

-

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and there ends yet another beat down.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Malcontent Melanophobe is getting his britches in a bunch. Meanwhile the Lyinass is not fairing so well either.
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass:

quote:

Mauretania a name
taken from Mauri per Manilius.

quote:

complexions from the most
dark to the least dark are

- Aethiopes
- India
- Aegyptia
- Afrorum
- Mauretania

There is no contradiction if you cited Takruri's entire post in its original. Mauri meant black like Aethiop, however the Greeks acknowledged that black peoples came in varying degrees of darkness or complexion. If you recalled the Greeks ranked themselves as white also in varying degrees with other whites.
quote:

Idcirco in varias leges variasque figuras
dispositum genus est hominum, proprioque colore
formantur gentes, sociataque iura per artus
materiamque parem privato foedere signant.
flava per ingentis surgit Germania partus,
Gallia vicino minus est infecta rubore,
asperior solidos Hispania contrahit artus.
Martia Romanis urbis pater induit ora
Gradivumque Venus miscens bene temperat artus,
perque coloratas subtilis Graecia gentes
gymnasium praefert vultu fortisque palaestras,
et Syriam produnt torti per tempora crines.

Manilius' order of white complexions from the
most light to the least light
- Germania
- Gallia
- Hispania
- Romanis
- Graecia
- Syrium

Manilius' order black complexions from the most
dark to the least dark are

- Aethiopes
- India
- Aegyptia
- Afrorum
- Mauretania

You yourself based an argument on Mauretanians not
being black as Aethiopes because of the way Manilius
ordered the blacks.

Now you want to claim he never made that hierarchy. Yes you are a snake...

Indeed. The lyinass snake wants to disavow the very notion of 'blackness' in regards to the Egyptians yet NEVER does she want to do the same in regards to WHITENESS. Sorry snaky but you are trampled as well. [Wink]
Posts: 26346 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melanophobic malcontent7:

Essentially it seems that you base Egypt's Africaness on the mere fact that Egypt is located on the African continent. Whereas I am looking for significant religious and cultural elements which are shared by most African people throught the continent. In any case my argument is not to say that Egypt was a Eurasian culture or people, but that Egypt had a unique culture which was the result of different influences, it was not exclusively Black African.

LMAOH [Big Grin]

WRONG as usual, dummy! Takruri like the rest of us KNOW that Egypt's Africaness is rooted much more than geography but biologically amongst its peoples as well as its indigenous culture!!

"...the early cultures of Merimde, the Fayum, Badari Naqada I and II are essentially African and early African social customs and religious beliefs were the root and foundation of the ancient Egyptian way of life." Shaw, Thurston (1976) Changes in African Archaeology in the Last Forty Years in African Studies since 1945

"The evidence also points to linkages to
other northeast African peoples, not
coincidentally approximating the modern
range of languages closely related to
Egyptian in the Afro-Asiatic group
(formerly called Hamito-Semetic). These
linguistic similarities place ancient
Egyptian in a close relationship with
languages spoken today as far west as
Chad, and as far south as Somalia.
Archaeological evidence also strongly
supports an African origin. A widespread
northeastern African cultural assemblage,
including distinctive multiple barbed
harpoons and pottery decorated with
dotted wavy line patterns, appears during
the early Neolithic (also known as the
Aqualithic, a reference to the mild
climate of the Sahara at this time).

Saharan and Sudanese rock art from this
time resembles early Egyptian
iconography. Strong connections
between Nubian (Sudanese) and
Egyptian material culture continue in
later Neolithic Badarian culture of Upper
Egypt. Similarities include black-topped
wares, vessels with characteristic
ripple-burnished surfaces, a special
tulip-shaped vessel with incised and
white-filled decoration, palettes, and
harpoons...

Other ancient Egyptian practices show
strong similarities to modern African
cultures including divine kingship, the
use of headrests, body art, circumcision,
and male coming-of-age rituals, all
suggesting an African substratum or
foundation for Egyptian civilization...
"

Donald Redford (2001) The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt

And these are just a couple of the myriad of Egyptologists and experts who agree that ancient Egypt is as much African as Rome is European!! So where are YOUR Egyptological sources claiming the Asian influences, and I mean up to date ones!

Its features like the high status of women, to circumcision of pubescent children, to heka or magic which corresponds to voodoo, to the very institution of pharaoh as not only king but god are very much African in nature.

If you actually did REAL research into Egypt your ignorant ass would know this, but instead your focus is on de-Africanizing or essentially white-washing, so of course you don't know any of this sh|t!

If you have no interest in truth let alone scholarship then BEGONE you twit!!

Posts: 26346 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
This Garrig dude is a fraudulent google scholar who will site anything he gets from a random google search to advance his positions..

Some of the dubious sources he quotes..

quote:

Well into dynastic times

"Meanwhile the second king of the Tenth Dynasty, Wahkare Achthoes III, managed to coexist with the Asiatics on the eastern Delta. Since Thebes was advancing in the south, with his ally Asyut he attacked them at This, capturing them "like a cloudburst;" but he regretted allowing his troops to plunder the sacred tombs. Later the Theban King Inyotef II came back and drove the Heracleopolitans out of the Thinite Nome. After this, peace lasted for several decades as Wahkare reigned nearly half a century.

Sesostris I wasted no time in returning to strengthen his rule, and he extended his territory even farther south in Nubia, where gold was being mined for Egypt. Sesostris continued to mine and build, including towering granite obelisks at the Re-Atum temple at Heliopolis used during his Sed festival. At Karnak the god Amen-Re was honored with large structures. Sesostris himself was regarded as a god, and once again the power of the kings increased. He ruled for thirty-five years after his father's death and brought in his own son, Amenemhet II, as co-regent for his last two years. Amenemhet II and Sesostris II increased Egyptian prosperity by reclaiming land for agriculture in the Faiyum depression with surplus Nile water. More Asiatics immigrated into Egypt to work as servants, and trade was established as far away as Crete and Babylon.
http://www.san.beck.org/EC4-Egypt.html

Northern Egyptians were mixed!

the Website..

http://www.san.beck.org/index.html

To the Afrocentrists who are spamming this entry with outraged comments along the line of ‘you don’t understand African diversity’, ‘Malcolm X had red hair’, ‘some Africans have Caucasian hair,’ and ‘you’ve never been to Africa’…

The average black American is about 1/5 European, which explains why black Americans occasionally crop up with blue eyes and ginger hair (although Malcolm X only went reddish in summer, not a proper ginger).

The same goes for Caucasian textured hair in Africans. The anthropologists who’ve studied the hair came to the conclusions of mostly Caucasian (Fletcher) to almost half negroid (Eugene Strouhal called it sterotypically mulatto) of the Southern oldest samples, the Badarians. Afrocentrists please note, those Strouhal and Keita studies do not include Northern Egyptians in any way. That Strouhal study is badly misquoted from in the Keita study of Badarian crania: he claimed Strouhal observed the hair to be 80% negroid, but the Strouhal study itself says no such thing, and makes it quite clear that the Southern Egyptians were of mixed ancestry. The Keita study this quote is from even states that the North Egyptian crania are different to the Southern, a fact often ignored once the words ’80% negroid’ are spotted. Also, try reading the other Keita work properly, it places Caucasians all over North Africa from the Oranian paleolithic onwards.

The Site

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/

quote:
[b]
Oh really?? Read it again.

"The tools, the pottery, and the method of burial of the earlier Omari periods all resembled those of southwestern Asia and those of the other Asiatic villages to the north. Archaeologists took note of this distinct culture by referring to it as the "Deltic Tradition."

The Site..

http://www.hebrewhistory.org/factpapers/10-1egypt.html

On the Siwa in a desperation to prove they are slaves he cited a dance website..

quote:
jari,"Siwa is also an important - and the last - stop on the caravan route before the Libyan Desert. The Berber inheritance is manifested in the red hair and blue eyes in some of the inhabitants, whereas the former slave market has brought with it the dark skin and other African features.

The present day Siwans form two distinct families, the eastern and the western, each divided into smaller communities. The family elders have been and continue to be very important in solving disputes, preserving tradition, administering justice and acting as scribes recording Siwan events. No intermarriage occurs between the eastern and western families, and the dark African and Berber blood are not allowed to mix in marriage either."

http://www.outiofcairo.com/articles/siwa.html

http://www.outiofcairo.com/articles/siwa.html
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL Yeah, I think I figured that out once he cited Sanderson Beck! LMAO [Big Grin]

The guy is a desperate loser who obviously must be suffering from some kind of neurosis. Perhaps he really is a messed up 'mulatto' with an identity crisis. It reminds me of Jaimie! LMAO [Big Grin]

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
What gets me is the dude calls Keita an "Afrocentric Fraud" which is just an unfounded slander yet posts from Mathilda's blog as if that b#tch has any credibility.

Dude is known to flip flop, in the debate on the Siwa he claimed they we Tibu Slaves, Sudanese Slaves, Chadian Slaves, now in a debate with Explorer they are West African slaves. All depending on the source his google search yeilds. HE even claimed the Original Berbers were replaced by Chadian slaves.

A damn joke for real..

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[Indeed. The lyinass snake wants to disavow the very notion of 'blackness' in regards to the Egyptians yet NEVER does she want to do the same in regards to WHITENESS. Sorry snaky but you are trampled as well. [Wink] [/QB]

Stop lying I clearly stated that in the Manilius quote we are discussing he does not designate either "white" or "black" to the complexions he discusses. Learn to pay attention to the thread. How many times do I have to inform your stupid ass of this? As usual your threads consist of quoting somebody else, contributing nothing except mindless cheerleading like a teenage girl twirling a baton (or trained seal honking a horn)

signed,

lioness.

Posts: 42986 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Of course while Manilius never used the actual designations of 'white' of 'black', those colors were IMPLIED in his writings, dummy! Why else would he group Egyptians, Ethiopians, and Indians in one hand but Spaniards, Germanics, Greeks, and even Syrians on another??

Does that bother you to know that he didn't group Egyptians together with Syrians or with his people (Greeks)?? I think it does. Which is why you resort to emotional ad-hominem attacks on me. Just because support Takruri's valid assertions unlike yours does not make me a "cheerleader". [Wink]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:

What gets me is the dude calls Keita an "Afrocentric Fraud" which is just an unfounded slander yet posts from Mathilda's blog as if that b#tch has any credibility.

Dude is known to flip flop, in the debate on the Siwa he claimed they were Tibu Slaves, Sudanese Slaves, Chadian Slaves, now in a debate with Explorer they are West African slaves. All depending on the source his google search yields. HE even claimed the Original Berbers were replaced by Chadian slaves.

A damn joke for real..

LOL Yeah a hilarious joke at that! Remember that he stated more than once his 'belief' that Afrasian is Eurasian in origin. Once he said that, he lost all credibility. But the Sanderson Beck thing was a riot! LOL
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
you resort to emotional ad-hominem attacks on me. Just because support Takruri's valid assertions unlike yours does not make me a "cheerleader". [Wink] [/QB]

When you mearly copy somebody else's post and say "right on" without contributing new information does in fact make you a cheerleader and doesn't add to the dialog.
You calling my comments ad hominem? That's laughable, that's like the pot calling the kettle black.
Because he Manilius group them, alTakruri groups them

source:

http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/manilius4.html

Idcirco in varias leges variasque figuras
dispositum genus est hominum, proprioque colore
formantur gentes, sociataque iura per artus
materiamque parem privato foedere signant.
flava per ingentis surgit Germania partus, 715
Gallia vicino minus est infecta rubore,
asperior solidos Hispania contrahit artus.
Martia Romanis urbis pater induit ora
Gradivumque Venus miscens bene temperat artus,
perque coloratas subtilis Graecia gentes 720
gymnasium praefert vultu fortisque palaestras,
et Syriam produnt torti per tempora crines.
Aethiopes maculant orbem tenebrisque figurant
perfusas hominum gentes; minus India tostos
progenerat; 725a
tellusque natans Aegyptia Nilo 726b
lenius irriguis infuscat corpora campis
iam propior 726a
mediumque facit moderata tenorem. 725b
Phoebus harenosis Afrorum pulvere terris 728
exsiccat populos, et Mauretania nomen
oris habet titulumque suo fert ipsa colore.
adde sonos totidem vocum, totidem insere linguas
et mores pro sorte paris ritusque locorum;
adde genus proprium simili sub semine frugum
et Cererem varia redeuntem messe per urbes
nec paribus siliquas referentem viribus omnis, 735
nec te, Bacche, pari donantem munere terras
atque alias aliis fundentem collibus uvas,
cinnama nec totis passim nascentia campis;
diversas pecudum facies propriasque ferarum
et duplici clausos elephantas carcere terrae. 740
quot partes orbis, totidem sub partibus orbes,
ut certis discripta nitent regionibus astra
perfunduntque suo subiectas aere gentes.
Laniger in medio sortitus sidera mundo,
<lance ubi sol aequa pensat noctemque diemque> 744a
Cancrum inter gelidumque <Caprum> per tempora veris,
asserit in vires pontum quem vicerat ipse,
virgine delapsa cum fratrem ad litora vexit
et minui deflevit onus dorsumque levari.
illum etiam venerata colit vicina Propontis
et Syriae gentes et laxo Persis amictu 750
vestibus ipsa suis haerens Nilusque tumescens
in Cancrum et tellus Aegypti iussa natare.
Taurus habet Scythiae montes Asiamque potentem
et mollis Arabas, silvarum ditia regna.
Euxinus Scythicos pontus sinuatus in arcus 755
sub Geminis te, Phoebe, colit; vos Thracia, fratres,
ultimus et sola vos tranans colit Indica Ganges.
ardent Aethiopes Cancro, cui plurimus ignis:
hoc color ipse docet. Phrygia, Nemeaee, potiris
Idaeae matris famulus regnoque feroci 760
Cappadocum Armeniaeque iugis; Bithynia dives
te colit et Macetum tellus, quae vicerat orbem.
Virgine sub casta felix terraque marique
est Rhodos, hospitium recturi principis orbem,
tumque domus vere Solis, cui tota sacrata est, 765
cum caperet lumen magni sub Caesare mundi;
Ioniae quoque sunt urbes et Dorica rura,
Arcades antiqui celebrataque Caria fama.
quod potius colat Italiam, si seligat, astrum
quam quod cuncta regit, quod rerum pondera novit, 770
designat summas et iniquum separat aequo,
tempora quo pendent, coeunt quo noxque diesque?
Hesperiam sua Libra tenet, qua condita Roma
orbis et imperium retinet discrimina rerum,
lancibus et positas gentes tollitque premitque, 775
qua genitus Caesar melius nunc condidit urbem
et propriis frenat pendentem nutibus orbem.
inferius victae sidus Carthaginis arces
et Libyam Aegyptique latus donataque rura
Cyrenes lacrimis radicis Scorpios acris 780
eligit, Italiaeque tamen respectat ad undas
Sardiniamque tenet fusasque per aequora terras.
Cnosia Centauro tellus circumdata ponto
paret, et in geminum Minois filius astrum
ipse venit geminus. celeris hinc Creta sagittas 785
asserit intentosque imitatur sideris arcus.
insula Trinacriae fluitantem ad iura sororem
subsequitur Triviae sub eodem condita signo,
proximaque Italiae tenui divisa profundo
ora paris sequitur leges nec sidere rupta est. 790
tu, Capricorne, regis quidquid sub sole cadente
est positum gelidamque Helicen quod tangit ab illo,
Hispanas gentes et quot fert Gallia dives;
teque feris dignam tantum, Germania, matrem

literal translation of above:

For this reason, various laws in the various figures
disposed is a genus of men, the color of proprioque
nations are formed, sociataque administer law in the limbs
an equal mark the matter private treaty.
Germany rises by a huge golden birth, 715
France is less than the neighboring infected shame, they
Spain, contracts shillings more severe limbs.
Mars, the father of the city put on the mouths of the Romans
Venus is well-Gradivus miscens tempers the limbs,
Greece is subtle and colored by the 720 nations
prefers strong wrestling with her face to a place of exercise,
and Syria by time, they betray a piece of hair.
Ethiopians stain the world figure tenebrisque
endowed with the nations of men less roasted India
engendered; 725a
FISH 726b tellusque the Egyptian Nile
more gently darkened by a watered the fields of the bodies
we now draw near 726a
does moderate the tenor of the middle. 725b
Phoebus African and sandy dust of the earth 728
drieth up the people, and the name of Mauritania
titulumque bears his mouth has the very color.
add as many sounds of words, the same number of group languages
for equal ritusque lot of places and manners;
add proper genus under the seed of the fruits of a similar
harvest, and returning through the cities of Ceres various
all things being equal, nor the strength of husks back, 735
nor you, Bacchus, for the same office forgiving lands
they pour out to others, of other hills, grapes,
nor cinnamon whole produce of the fields in all directions;
propriasque different faces of wild beasts of cattle
shut up in prison, double the elephants and the earth. 740
how many parts of the world, under the same number of parts of the worlds,
apportioned to separate the stars shine, certain regions
perfunduntque subject to air their nations.
RAM has placed him in the midst of the stars of the world,
<lance weighs a night where the sun is equal diemque> 744a
Cancer <Caprum> by time, between the cold truths,
asserts that the sea into the forces which he had conquered,
Virgin coming down to the shore with his brother vexit
and decrease the burden of deflevit dorsumque raised up.
venerated him also cultivates the neighboring Propontis
750 nations, and loose clothing, Persians, and Syria
garments, clinging fast to its Nilusque tumescens
Cancer of Egypt in the commands to swim and relax.
Taurus has a powerful Asiamque the mountains of Scythia
Arabians and soft, a wealthy kingdoms of the woods.
Scythian Sea sinuatus the sea in a bow 755
Gemini under you, Phoebus, worships you Thrace, brethren,
the last and only you Tell tranans worships the Ganges.
Cancer burn the Ethiopians, to whom most of fire:
the color of this he teaches. Phrygia, Nemeaee, rather
The servant of the mother's fierce Idaean regnoque 760
Cappadocia Armeniaeque the ridges; Bithynia rich
Macetum worships you and region, which had conquered the world.
Happy under the chaste Virgin by land and sea
Rhodes is, the guest of the prince who was to rule the world,
and then truly the house of the Sun, to whom is consecrated the whole, 765
when they caught the light of the great under Caesar of the world;
Ionia also are the Dorian cities and fields,
Arcadians ancient Caria celebrataque reputation.
rather he cultivates that Italy, if choose, the star
than that all the king's, knows that the weights of things, 770
separates points out the palms of her unjust and equitable,
which depend on the times, which together night and day?
Hesperia Libra holds his own, by which the foundation of Rome
the world, and the government retains the differences of things,
and scales have been set down tollitque premitque nations, 775
begotten Caesar founded the city which is now better
their own bridles hanging on the gestures and the world.
star of the towers of conquered Carthage lower
Libya and the side Aegyptique donataque fields
Alice in Wonderland: 780 acres of Cyrene, tears of the root
chooses and Italy, however, look to the waves
Fusasque seas and Sardinia holds lands.
Cnosia Centaur region, surrounded by sea
prepare, and in a double star of the younger son
he comes to double. 785 Crete, hence the swift arrows
attentively the star asserts that imitates the bow.
rights flowing to the sister island of Sicily
followed by Trivia founded under the same sign,
Italy was divided, and nearest the depth of a thin
star is not broken, it follows the laws of the mouths of equal. 790
you, Capricorn, the king of whatever falls under the sun
gelidamque Helicen touches that lies from him,
France bears the Spaniards, and how many rich nations;
you worthy of only the wild beasts, Germany, the mother of

to say that one list of complexions is "black" and another is "white" as if these terms have a measurable meaning is false.
That is an attempt to apply modern racial definitions.
The skin of people has varying amounts of melanin in it and there is a wide range. Attempts to divide this wide range is racilism.

-
 -
 -
 -

By above definitions even though all the persons above have brown skin only some are called "black" that is because the term "black" as used in modern times has racial baggage attached to it
about features and hair whereas to call someone "brown" mearly states fact.
Somebody might look at the above people and called some of them "sunburt". First of all they don't know what the skin tone they were born with was and secondly it is irrelevant because the people look like this on a daily basis and are dark regardless of why they are dark.

When ancient writers called someone black it did not match modern racial concepts. Therefore all of the above persons could be called black by ancient writers.
The term "Moor" for example is used loosely.

example:

St. James the Moor Slayer
 -

St. Maurice
 -

^^^ this shows the varying conception of the European conception of Moor, likewise "black"

Posts: 42986 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad example, some Maur could have called himself the Euro-Slayer and also slayed their Moorish convert allies.

Anyways.

Afrorum? @ alTakruri, where'd you get that from, who were they?

From page 1 of this thread, we have:

quote:

..Phoebus harenosis Afrorum pulvere terris
exsiccat populos, et Mauretania nomen
oris habet titulumque suo fert ipsa colore.

Bright (sunny) African and sandy dust of the earth drieth up the people, and the name of Mauritania, a label his mouth bears has the very color.

So does Afrorum even refer to a people here? Doesn't really look like it.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
Ho hum. Typical roorag from a phony with the ****beat out of him unable to cite ancient support texts.

No, what I actually see is that you ignore most of what I post only to to attack certian quotes that you THINK you can refute.

Ephorus' view that Aethiopes overran Libya
Richard corroborates with local and incoming
types of blacks as the Libyan and Gaetuli base
upon which others admixed.

Sure it does. I love how you take the opportinity to misconstrue the whole thing...that they overran Libya, when the actual source sets clearly defined geographical parameters. [Frown]

Where are your quotes of a Hispaniard, Roman or Greek so black you don't want to run into down
town at midnight?

Umm an Hispaniard?? What is that question supposed to prove? It's not as if I am saying there were no Blacks in Africa. Just most of the ones North of the Atlas were not. How in your childish mind does Juvenal's satire prove me wrong? Lol!

You have slandered every notice given of blacks in North Africa making you the envious racialist hater of the blood in your veins

Oh Geez! I have slandered Blacks because I don't believe in your horse sh!t. kind of sensitive aren't we? Is that your akward emotional appeal. You expect me to side with your view because I'm part Black? Lol. How pathetic you are. [Roll Eyes]

No coherency in your "argument" just the raving
fear of a poor sick soul turned inside out in
conundrum about his own hybrid makeup always
beating down blacks always playing up whites.

You're just an empty showboat with no primary
documentation just rehashing 17th-20th century
opinions as if they are the voice of the ancients.

I wish I had a hankie for your tears..

melchior7
Member # 18960

Rate Member
Simply put, "a great part of the sea-board" north of Dyris is a subset of the whole said sea-boardwhich stretches on the Atlantic side of Morocco from modern Tiznit (re Anti-Atlas) or Essaouira (re High Atlas) to Morocco's Mediterranean side at Nador (re Middle Atlas).

I see you already slipped in a little lie right in the first sentence. The seabord in question is not said to be North of Dryis. Otherwise they would have the Aethiopians overran Libya all the way up the northen coast. but they are careful not to say that. Why? The seaboard is to the West. To say the Mediterranean coast is a subset of the enitire seaboard is some specious Bs and you know it. Apparently many on here are too dumb to see it. The ancients made a distinction beteween the Mediterranean and the Atalantic outside the straits of Gibraltar

Some Aethiopes who left Dyris to "occupy a great part of the sea-board" would have traveled the Moulouya river for direct easy travel to the Mediterranean just as easily as moving northward along the coast of the Atlantic by others.

I'm sure that would have been noteworthy for the ancients to have mentioned, don't you?

Since Strabo uses the word sea-board in the singular not the plural we see the whole of what the Romans called Mauretania Tingitana is involved.

Bwaa haa haa ha ha ha! [Big Grin]

That's cute. Now let me break it down for you. Many of the ancient Europeans referred to North Africans as being dark. The same is true today. As Manilius and other have implied they often made a distinction between swarthy folks and Blacks. I already quoted Arrian and Strabo who compared Egyptians to the lighter North Indians rather than to blacks. Manilius also has a color scheme whose bitting irony was not lost on the Lioness, but you were too dense between the ears to appreciate, and that is he has your precious mauretanians as being the lightest of all African peoples! And when you throw in the pale skinned libyans that we know existed and The leukaethiopians and light Garamantes reported by herodotus, one wonders just how light these folks had to be.
And with the quotes from Arab scholars about so many White Berbers aand a demarcation in Africa separating a land of the blacks from the land of the Whites which corresponds more or less to current present racial boundaries, what is there really that an honest person can argue against?

The cards are stacked against you.

Btw congratualtions! Jari, Dejhuti and others seem to look up to you and value your opinion. That qualifies you as the bonfide king of dummies! [Wink]

But you will never get past me with your specious arguments and bogus interpretations. It's fun to watch you try though.. [Smile]

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
You have to be kidding me if you think the "whites" of the Islamic world is equal to the definition of Whites today. First off the Islamic texts and geographers believed in the idea of the 7 climate zones, with the Med as the "Temperate Zone" which was seen as being the habitation of those descending from "Shem". This today would be dismissed as idiotic but people who need to prove their agenda will use it to prove no Blacks were in North Africa..LMAO.

Even the Byzantines were included as Shemites to further this "Temperate Zone" ideology. You realize in the same quote these Muslim Geographers believed that if a Mehgrebi moved to the Sudan after 7 Generations his people would resemble Sudanis and if Sudanis moved to the Temerate Zone after 7 Generations they would resemble the people of the Temperate Zones..

Complete Rubbish.

This is why you have Ibn Bhattuta distinguishing between the "Land of the "Whites" and Land of the Blacks, which Bidan had nothing really to do with "White" but with Temperate Zones and Sudan with extreemly dark people.

You don't know if the Bidanes were Brown Skinned, Pale Skinned, Light Brown etc. Any researcher not familiar with Arabic and able to demonstrate the Original Arabic Texts and Able to put these Texts into their time frame should use Medieval Muslim Geography with Caution, this includes Al Jahiz Boasts of the Sudan to Bidan...which was nothing more than the boasts of one Climate Zone the "Bilad Es Sudan against the "Temperate/Bidan" Climate Zone.

One should use these with caution and not try to racialize and force Western Racial thinking on Texts that have nothing to do with such constructs.

quote:
That's cute. Now let me break it down for you. Many of the ancient Europeans referred to North Africans as being dark. The same is true today. As Manilius and other have implied they often made a distinction between swarthy folks and Blacks. I already quoted Arrian and Strabo who compared Egyptians to the lighter North Indians rather than to blacks. Manilius also has a color scheme whose bitting irony was not lost on the Lioness, but you were too dense between the ears to appreciate, and that is he has your precious mauretanians as being the lightest of all African peoples! And when you throw in the pale skinned libyans that we know existed and The leukaethiopians and light Garamantes reported by herodotus, one wonders just how light these folks had to be.
And with the quotes from Arab scholars about so many White Berbers aand a demarcation in Africa separating a land of the blacks from the land of the Whites which corresponds more or less to current present racial boundaries, what is there really that an honest person can argue against?

The cards are stacked against you.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
It amazes me how one can lie and distort time after time. Were you not given scholarly sources on the Subjects you just tried to distort?? Whats wrong Garrig, no white supremist, Anti black website that disorts Muslim Geography and omits valuable information on the Andalucian history to Copy N Paste from??

Is this why you constantly need to lie and distort??

PHny, Mela and Ptolemy all refer to the Leucaethiopes, but they give no description of the people thus designated.

Pliny in his Lib. v. cap. 8, Hist. Natur.
writes : Interiori autem ambitu Africae ad meridiem versus superque Gaetulos, inter-
venientibus desertis, primi omnium Libyaegyptii, deinde Leucaethiopes habitant.

Translated: But more than the area of ​​the interior of Africa to the south towards the Gaetulians, between-
came the deserts, the first of all Libyaegyptii, and then dwell Leucaethiopes.

Agathemenos retires again behind those convenient intervening deserts, and
merely says that west of Egypt are situated among other nations the Aeu/cat^toTj-es.

The Fact that the Leukoathiopians have no description and the fact they are identified with "Athiopies" is further Damagine to your case.

On the Garamantes..

quote:
The Taureg are still lightskinned as compared to other Africans, and the Garamantes were described as Athipies meaning blacks.

Here is something interesting from Snowden..

http://books.google.com/books?id=KWHMc-jNzlwC&pg=PA9&dq=ethiopians+garamantes&hl

-

I think the Taureg still resemble how the Garamantians looked. Some are Dark most are light skinned.

Your scrambling, lying and disortions in a failed attempt to exclude blacks from North Africa and among the Berbers fails miserably.

Not only is other Etymology, descriptions and art from both Egyptian and Greco-Roman sources but there are black Berbers today.

I know you wish you dismiss it away with a wave of your hand but the world don't work like that Bub..

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Boy, you must think you can slip and slide your way out of this and its not going to happen.

quote:

Now let me break it down for you. Many of the ancient Europeans referred to North Africans as being dark. The same is true today. As Manilius and other have implied they often made a distinction between swarthy folks and Blacks. I already quoted Arrian and Strabo who compared Egyptians to the lighter North Indians rather than to blacks. Manilius

Not really you simply cherry picked the Lightest Indians you can find. Simple research shows that there are quite a number or Dark Brown and Reddish Brown Indians to contrast with the Black Southern Dravidians.

Any one with a Functioning Brain can go an see excactly what "Athiopies" meant to the Greeks.

-
^^^^
Majority of Africans are not that dark, If you are basing your assertions that the Egyptians, black and Sahran Berbers did not look like that well..Duh..LOL,

quote:
precious mauretanians as being the lightest of all African peoples!

Yes, but You an Lioness seem to avoid the Shade Variation or Europeans and Asiatics according to Manillius.

Manilius' order of white complexions from the
most light to the least light
- Germania
- Gallia
- Hispania
- Romanis
- Graecia
- Syrium

Notice again the the Mauritanians were not part of this group...Sad for you..this destroyes your attempts to enforce racialism on Muslim Geographers(more on that later)...

"Shomarka Keita, a biological anthropologist from Howard University, has claimed that populations in Carthage circa 200 BC and northern Algeria 1500 BC were very diverse. As a group, they plotted closest to the populations of Northern Egypt and intermediate to Northern Europeans and tropical Africans. Keita claimed that "the data supported the comments from ancient authors observed by classicists: everything from fair-skinned blonds to peoples who were dark-skinned 'Ethiopian' or part Ethiopian in appearance."

Carthage..
because you love you blubbery lipped True Negro..

Bertholon and Chantre (1913)noted non- Negroid and Negroid crania in neolithic Carthaginian graves, with the former predominating. Daniels (1970) reported that pre- and post-Roman Gara- mantian remains from southern Libya were Mediterranean. Negroid. and hybrid.

To what extent Carthaginians employed Negro slaves is doubtful. Punic cemeteries have yielded numerous skulls of a negroid character, and there were some very dark-skinned Africans, perhaps negroes, in the Carthaginian army which invaded Sicily early in the fifth century B.C. Frontinus tells us that as prisoners they were paraded naked before the Greeks soldiery in order to bring the Carthaginians into contempt. On the other hand, as the Carthaginians customarily enslved prisoners of war and the victims of their piracy, two sources of supply which they must have found very fruiful, they were far from being dependent on Africa for slave labour. It is unlikely that they hesitated to enslaved as many Berbers as they required, nor were so brutal a people likely to have drawn the line at doing the same to their own peasantry. The evidence of negro blood, is, however, significant and it seems probable that they imported slaves from the Fezzan. It was a likely source, for the Garamantes cannot have hunted the Troglodyte Ethiopians except to enslave them. The slave trade with the Fezzan may have been important tot he Carthaginians, but there are no grounds for assuming that it was.

The golden trade of the Moors: West African kingdoms in the fourteenth century
By E. W. Bovill, Robin Hallet
pp. 21-22
(Much thanks to Brada for providing this)

In the Punic burial grounds, negroid remains were not rare and there were black auxiliaries in the Carthaginian army who were certainly not Nilotics. Furthermore, if we are to believe Diodorus(XX, 57.5), a lieutenant of Agathocles in northern Tuninisa at the close of the fourth century before our era overcame a people who skin was similar to the Ethiopian'. There is much evidence of the presence of 'Ethiopians' on the southern borders of Africa Minor.

quote:

ABSTRACT: The origin of the Punic population of Ibiza has been a much debated issue, not only in the field of
anthropology, but in archaeology as well. The establishment of rural settlements and the apparent demographic
growth throughout the island, especially from the 4th century BC onwards, has been mainly recognised as the
result of a colonization process involving a large-scale immigration of people. The material culture from this
period seems to indicate that the probable origin of these immigrants was the area of the Central Mediterranean,
especially Carthage.
This paper compares measurements from Ibizan skulls dating from between the sixth and second centuries BC
with craniometric data from modern American populations by employing the forensic discriminant functions of
the FORDISC 2.0 (Ousley and Jantz, 1996) computer program. In spite of the method’s limitations, the results
seem to suggest the presence of several individuals of North African and sub-Saharan ancestry in Punic Ibiza.

http://www.raco.cat/index.php/Mayurqa/article/viewFile/122749/169902

"Snowden (1970) and Desanges (1981) reference
various writers’ physical descriptions of
the ancient Maghreb’s inhabitants. In
various writers’ physical descriptions of
the ancient Maghreb’s inhabitants. In addition
to the presence of fair-skinned blonds,
various “Ethiopian” or “part-Ethiopian”
groups are described, near the coast and on
the southern slopes of the Atlas mountains.
“Ethiopians,” meaning dark-skinned peoples
usually having “ulotrichous” (wooly)
hair, are noted in various Greek accounts
and European coinage
(Snowden, 1970). Hiernaux
(1975) interprets the finding of “subsaharan”
population affinities in living
Maghrebans as being solely the result of the
medieval transsaharan slave trade; it is
clear that this is not the case. Furthermore,
the blacks of the ancient Maghreb were apparently
not foreign or a caste."
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Some of the Africans at Tunis descendants of the Africans at Carthage..

-

-

quote:
And when you throw in the pale skinned libyans that we know existed and The leukaethiopians and light Garamantes reported by herodotus, one wonders just how light these folks had to be.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
You are stupid if you think the Saharan Berbers(Sanhadja) were "Whites". Your misquoting and distorting of Muslim Geographers only proves you are unlearned in such subjects. Had you came to read Muslim Geographers from an unbiased point of view you might have caught on to this, but it seems you only are familiar with these works due to drive to make North African and Moors deviod of blacks.

The useage of Bidan as opposed to Sudan to the Mehgreb was due to the Muslim Geographers training on the 7 climate zones of the world. If you read some of these works you will often find contradicting and confusing statements. This is why Al-Jahiz Kitab "The Boasts of the Sudan to the Bidan was Written. In other words a boast of one climate zone over another. If you read Al Jahiz's works many of the inhabitants of the "Temperate Zone" would be "Black People" due to their dark skin...Further damaging to your case is that None folks of these were labeled Under "Red" like the Byzantines, Persian and Rus..LMAO.

Some Saharan people/Berbers..

-

-

-

-

-

Must be why Ibn Butlan said..

"“The Berber women are from the island of Barbara, which is between the west and the south. Their color is mostly black though some pale ones can be found among them. If you can find one whose mother is of Kutama, whose father is of Sanhaja, and whose origin is Masmuda, then you will find her naturally inclined to obedience and loyalty in all matters, active in service, suited both to motherhood and to pleasure, for they are the most solicitous in caring for their children. “"

-Ibn Butlan

11th Century..

Nasr i Khusrau, an Iranian ruler described the Masmuda soldiers of the Fatimid dynasty as “black
Africans”.

-11th Century

See Yaacov Lev, “Army, Regime and Society in Fatimid Egypt, 358-487/968-1094″, International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, 19.3 (1987) p. 342.

(At the moment the published DBM list contains no troops that fit this description, and the most likely candidates at this date are probably the Berbers. The Persian traveller Nasir-i Khusrau described Fatimid Masmuda infantry as armed with spear and sword (Yaacov Lev, "Army, Regime and Society in Fatimid Egypt, 358-487/968-1094", International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies 19.3 (1987), p.342; although Nasir-i Khusrau for some reason describes them as black Africans, the Masmuda are a Berber confederacy).)

The Taureq Bani Tanamek were counted among the Sanhadja.

Description of Yussef Tachfin leader of the Almoravid Berbers(Sanhadja)..

Yusuf was of “brown color”, of “middle height” with , “ thin, little beard, soft voice” and “woolly hair”

-Roudh el-Kartas” (History of the Rulers of Morocco) by Abd Allah, and A.Beaumier’s French translation of the 14th century work,

You blabbering, and copy n pasint of poorly researched Eurocentric websites won't make the Truth go away. The historical fact of Black Berbers..

-
^^^^
Half Italian Mutt Septimius compared to his Middle Eastern Syrium Wife, beautifully displays why Manillius has the Mauretanians as blacks, that white blood was not enough to lighten his skin to his "Middle Eastern" Syrium Wife.

Moorish Men Algeria

Garrig the silly clown's Bidanes AKA Whites..

-

-

quote:
Originally posted by Garrig the Silly Clown:

S
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

-

-

where's the fro?
 -

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Alot of Garrig's arguments are copy-n-pasted from here..

http://www.angelfire.com/md/8/moors.html

With an occasional mention of Guanches, and the occasial posting info from Mathilda's blog.

Notice they never give info on the Muwalladun conversion, the Saqalibba and the slave MArket of NAtive Iberians in Andalucia and North Africa.

lol. yes, That is his primarily source. And it has been for many years. A while ago it was linked to an extremist white website.

When noticed the root directory, they quickly delinking it. [Wink]

Posts: 22245 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Family of Emperor Septimius Severus, ca. 200 A.D., with his sons Caracalla and Geta and his wife Julia Donna. Geta's image has been scratched out. Tempera on wood, 30.5 cm diameter. Staaliche Museen zu Berlin, Germany.

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

to say that one list of complexions is "black" and another is "white" as if these terms have a measurable meaning is false.
That is an attempt to apply modern racial definitions.
The skin of people has varying amounts of melanin in it and there is a wide range. Attempts to divide this wide range is racilism.

-
 -
 -
 -

By above definitions even though all the persons above have brown skin only some are called "black" that is because the term "black" as used in modern times has racial baggage attached to it
about features and hair whereas to call someone "brown" mearly states fact.
Somebody might look at the above people and called some of them "sunburt". First of all they don't know what the skin tone they were born with was and secondly it is irrelevant because the people look like this on a daily basis and are dark regardless of why they are dark.

When ancient writers called someone black it did not match modern racial concepts. Therefore all of the above persons could be called black by ancient writers.
The term "Moor" for example is used loosely.

example:

St. James the Moor Slayer
 -

St. Maurice
 -

^^^ this shows the varying conception of the European conception of Moor, likewise "black"

Go cry me a river.

The term black is synonymous with Africa.

http://www.todayszaman.com/newsDetail_getNewsById.action?load=detay&link=141522

http://www.afroturk.org/balikesir.aspx

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
Family of Emperor Septimius Severus, ca. 200 A.D., with his sons Caracalla and Geta and his wife Julia Donna. Geta's image has been scratched out. Tempera on wood, 30.5 cm diameter. Staaliche Museen zu Berlin, Germany.

-

this is your rebuttal to post the same picture I posted?

cry me an ocean

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

where's the fro?
 -

Excuse me, but these are Iranians, with curly hair.lol

However, they aren't white. I do agree with that part.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
When all attempts at distortion and white washing fails just Cherry pick, LMAO at the Lyinass pulling a page from Mike's book..LOL..

-  -

Even his faded image shows a clearly Darker Skinned Septimius compared to the Average Middle Eastern and clearly than the Romans.

-  -

Compare to his Syrium Wife.
..MMMM..MMMMM..MMMMMMMMMM....

NO wonder Manillius put Mauritania with the Dark Skinned people, Imagine the Syrium is the darkest of the Leukoderms yet she sticks out like a sore thumb compared to her Half Berber Husband..

To bad!!

Septimus' Dark Mulatto skin can't be white washed, it was a sad, sad day for the melanophobes, Liars, and distorters when the Roman artists decided to color him his natural color.

Too bad...

Soo..Sooo Sad.. [Big Grin]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

this is your rebuttal to post the same picture I posted?

cry me an ocean

It has nothing to do with rebuttal, I just posted source info on the art which you left out.

You should say thank you.

Now begone and cry me a river. Salt lake city.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
and so far I have not spoken of Septimius' son Caracalla..

-
 -  -

because at this point its beating a dead horse..Septimuius' Dark Skin speaks for itself, but the fact that the Syrian and Italian blood could not starighten out that nappy hair on Caracalla's head and chin is the final nail in the coffin of those claiming Septimius was not a dark skinned Mulatto with African phenotype.

Now go fetch and cherry pick some Persian with hair as Tightly curled as Caracalla's. Stick your head back in the sand, because this is yet another body blow....

another loss...

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-

Mulattos don't have this hair type which shows distinct straight Parallel hiar strands which form larger curls

as opposed to kinky hair like Barack and I have in which each hair starnd is coiled to begin with

you have got to be kidding me

as per skin tone:
 -
 -
 -

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
You Lost, at least garrig is creative in his disortions, you on the other hand..LOL.

If you think that Septimus' hair was naturally that way, then this is just more proof of denial. but I understand the beating hurt..

Africans with Styled hair..
 -

Mulattoes with Curled hair

-

-

but at this point its just desperation..

Lioness knows full well Africans can have wavy hair..

Lioness in another mind set..

quote:
[QB]

-

Some people would say she's black also.
Fine , but she has also has some traits from her mother who is of Scottish, Irish and Italian descent
/QB]

You can find her desperatly trying to explain away Africans with wavy hair due to admixture all over E.S..

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007140

Yet now she wants to play dumb and claim Mulattoes can't have or produce wavy hair..

Sorry for her Caracalla left his hair unstyled..

-
 -  -

quote:
Mulattos don't have this hair type which shows distinct straight Parallel hiar strands which form larger curls

as opposed to kinky hair like Barack and I have in which each hair starnd is coiled to begin with
Blah Blah Blah

LMAO @ the cherry picked Images of Europeans and Non Africans. As I said when all else fails simply cherry pick. To bad for the bitch Septimus was Half Italian, Half Berber.

No need for me to cherry pick, Septimus Mulatto skin speaks for itself, and Caracalla's African phenotype is the nail in the coffin.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Mulatto skin speaks for itself

_____^^^ genius statement
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-

-
^^^this is "styled hair?"

we have a match

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Down to a one line statement,.... Ill take it as your admission of defeat. I was hoping to whip and beat your ass some more with more Images of Septimus and Caracalla but I see you have learned your lesson and bucked your head in submission...
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Down to a one line statement,.... Ill take it as your admission of defeat. I was hoping to whip and beat your ass some more with more Images of Septimus and Caracalla but I see you have learned your lesson and bucked your head in submission...

If Septimus had a brown skin tone it supports what I have been saying all along that that who the Europeans called Moors were not always pitch black people heads seen on some some heraldry some of them were medium skin tones like mulattoes, like many Arabs, such as:
 -
 -

-

and Berbers such as:
 -

-

this mixture of people were called Moors by the Europeans at time of the conquest of Iberia

later after the Moors lost Iberia, and earlier in parts of Europe not conquered by the Muslims, the term Moor became associated with any African, and stereotyped as pitch black mascots for herladry, converts to Christainity, servants and freed servants. Most of these representations were not even of people from North Africa but were of Ethiopians and other East Africans, get it straight brother

all of the above person would have been called , Moor or black by ancient roman writers.
Even in Holland to day, they call schools which have mostly a lage number of Turks and Arabs of middle skin tones and a much smaller amount of dark skinned African people students of
"black schools" even though according to American concepts such schools would not be called "black"
This is because the definition varies

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com